ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet What happened to GoChiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299186)

jspchief 04-04-2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12163296)
The difference in the playoff game was they got a healthy Amendola and Gronk back and KC lost Houston, Maclin. You are correct sir.

...and a horrible defensive gameplan

Lex Luthor 04-04-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 12163320)
Cannot stand the poster in question. I think his football "knowledge" is vastly overrated, and I think the majority of what he posts as opinion is based far more on the reaction it will garner than any actual critical thought. That said, I can mostly ignore him. It's not like there aren't a hundred other little trolls running around CP that we all have to ignore, anyway. And once Clay infects a thread, it's usefulness is pretty much gone, anyway, because people can't control themselves and just ignore him. So I don't feel like I'm missing anything by just ignoring threads he is in completely.

Except for the threads that are interesting until Clay infects them.

Sully 04-04-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12163329)
Except for the threads that are interesting until Clay infects them.

Agreed, but he's hardly the only culprit. And the blame lies in the people who respond and/or actually LIKE his posts as much as they do with him. Someone said earlier in the thread, it'd be easy to ignore him if it weren't for the idiots who parrot him.

Mr. Laz 04-04-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 12163320)
Cannot stand the poster in question. I think his football "knowledge" is vastly overrated, and I think the majority of what he posts as opinion is based far more on the reaction it will garner than any actual critical thought. That said, I can mostly ignore him. It's not like there aren't a hundred other little trolls running around CP that we all have to ignore, anyway. And once Clay infects a thread, it's usefulness is pretty much gone, anyway, because people can't control themselves and just ignore him. So I don't feel like I'm missing anything by just ignoring threads he is in completely.

I understand but this attitude has led to the expanding trollfest around here.

"Just ignore the trolls, don't be a pussy"

All that has done is allow the number of trolls to accumulate instead of trying kick them out faster than they arrive.

Trolls should be 3 strikes and their out(forever), that's more that fair.

If we had really kicked the trolls out maybe some of the good posters would have stayed.

Trolls slowly squeeze the life out of a BBs

O.city 04-04-2016 11:27 AM

Alot of the new people are thin skinned because of it. Bring back the old CP ways where you just got ****ing demeaned for the first few months. Like, just assaulted.

Predarat 04-04-2016 11:32 AM

The timing of his ban sucked because it was a day or two before the Star Wars TFA opening.

Sully 04-04-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12163506)
I understand but this attitude has led to the expanding trollfest around here.

"Just ignore the trolls, don't be a pussy"

All that has done is allow the number of trolls to accumulate instead of trying kick them out faster than they arrive.

Trolls should be 3 strikes and their out(forever), that's more that fair.

If we had really kicked the trolls out maybe some of the good posters would have stayed.

Trolls slowly squeeze the life out of a BBs

I'm not saying "Ignore the troll, don't be a pussy." If there were some way to keep him, and other trolls gone, id be on board.
Problem is, there are probably a few who think I am a troll because I have differing views from them. There are posters who i think are trolls, but others think they have value. While I'd love to be the arbiter of who is valuable to this site and who isn't, it would diverge greatly from others' opinions.
So until I pony up and create a website that is the ideal, I'll have to settle for this imperfect one (and I hate to be "that" guy, but it's getting more and more imperfect as time goes by). So long as the owner and the leadership decide in the manner and specificity that they deem correct, I am at their whim. So personally (YMMV) it's easier to just ignore and move on.

I wish this site was more football-centric, but what i wish is probably even a little too wonk-ish for most members here.

George Liquor 04-04-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 12163516)
The timing of his ban sucked because it was a day or two before the Star Wars TFA opening.

Glorious in its timing.

Same as Hooties ban.

threebag 04-04-2016 02:09 PM

Best thing that ever happened to this place was flushing that piece of shit.

Sofa King 04-04-2016 02:33 PM

Clay was a great first step. Now if the people who only post "you're a dumbass" in every response could get their shit together maybe we'd be on to something here.

-King- 04-04-2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12163511)
Alot of the new people are thin skinned because of it. Bring back the old CP ways where you just got ****ing demeaned for the first few months. Like, just assaulted.

No, that's dumb as hell also. We don't need thick skinned posters. Just good posters. Demeaning people just because they're new is idiotic. We don't need a bunch of people acting like Dane in every thread.

bevischief 04-04-2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12163511)

Raped was more like it...

ThaVirus 04-04-2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12163767)
We don't need a bunch of people acting like Dane in every thread.

The last thing this place needs is more Danes.

stevieray 04-04-2016 02:53 PM

Stop crying, n00bs.

Fansy the Famous Bard 04-04-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12163773)
The last thing this place needs is more Danes.

Or even one dane.