ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who will stop the Patriots? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318686)

PatriotsGuy 11-07-2018 03:14 PM

From what I have read the Chiefs aren't losing another game so who cares?

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-07-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy (Post 13876890)
From what I have read the Chiefs aren't losing another game so who cares?

Patriots will be playing in Arrowhead. NE is toast. Brady may as well retire. He'll get bored never getting to the SB again.

PatriotsGuy 11-07-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13876895)
Patriots will be playing in Arrowhead. NE is toast. Brady may as well retire. He'll get bored never getting to the SB again.

Well then it's settled!

crayzkirk 11-07-2018 03:18 PM

Okay... Call me confused... What in the scheduling determines home team when playing the division leaders? KC went to PIT and NE, JAC at home. Why would KC, if they finished first, go on the road for the third straight time to NE and PIT?

Actually, I think they should change the NFC lineup so that instead of playing an NFC division, they should play each team in each of the divisions finishing in the same spot. This would get a lot more of the top QBs playing each other however it would also make for a lot of games that no one is interested in.

PatriotsGuy 11-07-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 13876900)
Okay... Call me confused... What in the scheduling determines home team when playing the division leaders? KC went to PIT and NE, JAC at home. Why would KC, if they finished first, go on the road for the third straight time to NE and PIT?

Actually, I think they should change the NFC lineup so that instead of playing an NFC division, they should play each team in each of the divisions finishing in the same spot. This would get a lot more of the top QBs playing each other however it would also make for a lot of games that no one is interested in.

It won't let me post a link so google "NFL scheduling rules"

Iowanian 11-07-2018 03:33 PM

I feel like now that some NE fans have shown up, I should recycle some recent quotes I put together on their behalf....

Spott 11-07-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 13876900)

It’s been part of the scheduling format since the league expanded to 32 teams around 2001 or 2002. There are times when you can play the same division winner on the road twice in a row, and possibly even three. But the scheduling evens out over the long run.

Spott 11-07-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 13876620)
In all reality, it depends on what Tennessee shows up. If their D shows up and Mariota isn't a big fat bitch tits then maybe. But I'm not counting on that. Maybe Minnesota, but Kirk Cousins will **** that up, but it'll be close. Mia seems to play NE tough, especially in Miami. And as you mentioned Pitt of course, but Tom owns them as well.

Pitt had them beat last year until the refs overturned their game winning touchdown.

Naptown Chief 11-07-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13876920)
I feel like now that some NE fans have shown up, I should recycle some recent quotes I put together on their behalf....

Or direct them to a certain thread that may or may not involve dolphins, rape, and Tommy Boy face ****ing children.

mlyonsd 11-07-2018 03:50 PM

I'm pretty sure buffalo will have things turned around by the time they play each other again.

CoMoChief 11-07-2018 03:51 PM

@PIT or MIN would be my guess.

Pats play in a shit division, 2/3 of their schedule is always against shit teams. Other than the Jets for a couple years, who else in the AFCE is worth a shit? All 3 teams in that division have been ****ing shit for the majority of 15yrs.

But they win when it counts, and they're coached well and don't make mistakes, turn the ball over or commit penalties (thanks NFL refs). When you play the Pats in their place you also play the NFL refs, which is why I don't believe MIN will win. If the game was in MIN, then I think they'd have a shot at kicking their ass.

@PIT is KC's only hope. KC needs to keep winning, and they still have the LA teams to play, both teams are better than anyone Pats have to play. KC needs HFA or else they're probably not making the SB. I don't see KC winning in Foxboro, or @PIT. Can't count them out either. PIT pulling together a string of wins, and are playing better than they were at the beginning of the season when KC played them.

O.city 11-07-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13876960)
@PIT or MIN would be my guess.

Pats play in a shit division, 2/3 of their schedule is always against shit teams. Other than the Jets for a couple years, who else in the AFCE is worth a shit? All 3 teams in that division have been ****ing shit for the majority of 15yrs.

But they win when it counts, and they're coached well and don't make mistakes, turn the ball over or commit penalties (thanks NFL refs). When you play the Pats in their place you also play the NFL refs, which is why I don't believe MIN will win. If the game was in MIN, then I think they'd have a shot at kicking their ass.

@PIT is KC's only hope. KC needs to keep winning, and they still have the LA teams to play, both teams are better than anyone Pats have to play. KC needs HFA or else they're probably not making the SB. I don't see KC winning in Foxboro, or @PIT. Can't count them out either. PIT pulling together a string of wins, and are playing better than they were at the beginning of the season when KC played them.

The Steelers schedule is pretty brutal. They still have Carolina, New England, New Orleans, LA Chargers and the bengals.

That's rough. I think they'll win the north but damn, that's a gauntlet.

crayzkirk 11-07-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy (Post 13876906)
It won't let me post a link so google "NFL scheduling rules"

I tried that, it didn't get into the home/away of the division winners. It's been that way in the AFC West for a while; KC and SD, um LAC, have been playing the tougher teams on the road while OAK and DEN get them at home. While some say it all evens out in the long run, it sounds a lot like a flimsy excuse.

CoMoChief 11-07-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13876971)
The Steelers schedule is pretty brutal. They still have Carolina, New England, New Orleans, LA Chargers and the bengals.

That's rough. I think they'll win the north but damn, that's a gauntlet.

Damn that is brutal. K well maybe PIT won't be in the HFA convo at the end of the day, but ya never know.

Imon Yourside 11-07-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 13877005)
I tried that, it didn't get into the home/away of the division winners. It's been that way in the AFC West for a while; KC and SD, um LAC, have been playing the tougher teams on the road while OAK and DEN get them at home. While some say it all evens out in the long run, it sounds a lot like a flimsy excuse.

It will all coincide with Bradys retirement being the changing of the schedule.