ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith is Sam Bradford (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270160)

Hammock Parties 02-19-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9414768)
You could plug almost anyone into that system and they would put up ungodly numbers.

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-conten...ason_White.jpg

RunKC 02-19-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9414768)
Bradford had six NFL starters on his offense alone, with several other NFL players as backup depth or NFL backups as starters.

He might have played on the most talented college offense of the last decade.

You could plug almost anyone into that system and they would put up ungodly numbers.

This x1,000. Bradford and Leinart had amazing supporting casts in college.

jspchief 02-19-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9414338)
There is no god damn way Geno is a better prospect than Bradford was. Bradford was considered the inevitable #1 overall in 2009, instead went back to school, missed most of the season, and still went #1 overall in 2010.

I don't see people salivating over Geno outside of this forum.

Bradford was nowhere close to an "inevitable" #1 overall in 2009. Stafford and even Sanchez were in the conversation.

As for being taken #1 overall in 2010, well it wasn't exactly a bumper crop on QBs.

Tribal Warfare 02-19-2013 02:45 AM

Geno combine must face **** the combine to shut naysayer assholes up.

patteeu 02-19-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9413452)
We're to assume that everyone thinks Bradford is a bust, so comparing Smith and Bradford makes Smith an automatic future bust. At least that's what I get from the passive aggressive feel of the thread title.

Then, there's the actual write up from the article, which doesn't exactly paint Geno in a terrible light....

This seems like a passive aggressive post.

RealSNR 02-19-2013 07:42 AM

http://whatgifs.com/wp-content/uploa...the-christ.gif

SAUTO 02-19-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9413815)
so you think a season in which a qb was hurt twice and threw for less than six hundred yards was more impressive than Geno last year?
Posted via Mobile Device

?

Deberg_1990 02-19-2013 08:22 AM

I wouldnt call Bradford a bust. He just doesnt seem like he has a high upside.

Hes pretty blah.....sort of like Alex Smith was at #1.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9414765)
I don't think Rivers is done. I do think he was burnt out on that team the way they were. Get some new life in him and I think he will be ok. Him and Romo need to get over the hump and stop making bonehead mistakes at the worst times. Maybe they won't, but I still think they both have a chance. I would not be upset if Rivers was the QB of the Chiefs.

Rivers was "done" the day he was drafted.

Guys with his mental makeup will never win shit.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9414742)
Ok so let's look deeper into the Bradford comparison.

Bradfords predraft cons:
1. Spread/shotgun QB.
2. Played on an exceptional team, behind a brick wall line. He faced very little adversity or pass rush in college.
3. What else? I remember those 2 as the main issues. He was pretty thin iirc.

Bradfords NFL shortcomings:
1. Plays poorly under QB pressure. Kind of goes back to #2 above. As good as his OU line was, his STL line has been bad. He's still learning to make plays under pursuit.
2.Durability? As others have said, he seems to always have something wrong with him.
3. What else?

Overall it seems that some of the pre draft concerns have been justified. It's also clear that he's played behind a bad line with limited weapons to throw to. If I'm a Rams fan, I would have expected better but certainly wouldn't be ready to flush.

Great post.

Deberg_1990 02-19-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9414923)
Rivers was "done" the day he was drafted.

Guys with his mental makeup will never win shit.

I agree with you here, but he was worth being picked where he was picked at the time.

Deberg_1990 02-19-2013 08:32 AM

So if they are both the same guy, why was Bradford the consensus #1 when he came out and the experts have been sort of blah about Geno? I dont get it....

duncan_idaho 02-19-2013 08:33 AM

Smith v. Bradford

Pros for Smith:

1) Less help in college. Smith has made throws under pressure and has had to get used to getting the ball out quickly, sliding to avoid pressure, making throws with pressure in his face, etc. Bradford did not face the same challenges in college.

2) More raw arm strength. The one knock on Bradford is that his arm was just "OK" for the NFL. Smith has flashed above-average arm strength.

3) DOwnfield accuracy. Smith has shown it. Bradford lived on slants in college and wasn't the deep shot artist Geno is.

Pros for Bradford

1) Played in more multiple offenses (they spent most of their time in the spread, but especially his first season as a starter, they took a lot of snaps from center, too).

2) More success. Bradford won more games in college (you can list this if you really want, though I place little stock in it).

Just my thoughts.

RyFo18 02-19-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9414932)
So if they are both the same guy, why was Bradford the consensus #1 when he came out and the experts have been sort of blah about Geno? I dont get it....

Because at this point in time hindsight tells us that Bradford probably shouldn't have been the consensus #1?

duncan_idaho 02-19-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9414932)

1) Bradford played at a traditional power that was in the national title hunt both years he was healthy.

2) Bradford is white.