ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Field for Chiefs vs. Rams is horrible (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318771)

SuperChief 11-13-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13889600)
Do you think you could contain your gushing vag to DC?

Asking for a friend.

You're not fooling anyone with the "I have friends" schtick. Laughable premise.

O.city 11-13-2018 12:39 PM

Why the hell are they playing in Mexico anyway? Seems like a dumb ****ing idea.

Do people in Mexico actually watch the NFL anway?

Eleazar 11-13-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 13889573)
Some years ago the patriots installed a synthetic turf field between games. Might have been a two week period. Either way they did it during the season. The nf l can afford to do that then it the stadium can't have that field permanently on account soccer. Donate the field and resod. Yes I'm a liberal donating the NFL 's money but they don't mind getting having citizens pay for their stadiums so screw em plus you know I don't think they would go broke it they did that players safety shouldn't be a motto. Put your money where your mouth is NFL. Plus this is supposed to be a big world class show off. Should they really short the budget.

your house has wheels, doesn't it

saphojunkie 11-13-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13889629)
Yeah, not wanting the Chiefs to play in a horrible field in a third world shithole is just the dumbest thing ever. :drool:

Maybe you'd be happier as a soccer fan. That shit belongs in the third world.

Is that really what you think I was referring to?
Sigh...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13889629)

Maybe you'd be happier as a soccer fan. That shit belongs in the third world.

Like those shit holes Belgium and Sweden and Switzerland and France and England and Holland and... virtually every other developed nation on earth where it's frequently the most popular sport.

Strongside 11-13-2018 12:43 PM

I just spoke to a friend who is leading a crew down there right now to install signage and graphics throughout the stadium. They do most international games and Super Bowls. His quote: "We'll see but it's easily the worst playing surface I've ever seen. The stadium officials seem pretty nervous that this isn't going to happen, but they're scrambling to fix it."

He also said the NFL has called in a few guys who "are not here to **** around."

Marcellus 11-13-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13889646)

This is the real question. This shit is dumb.

O.city 11-13-2018 12:48 PM

Like, what are the actual tv numbers down there? Is it even on tv?

Strongside 11-13-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13889684)
Like, what are the actual tv numbers down there? Is it even on tv?

They're pretty low.

Most towns just have one TV and the reception is pretty poor due to the donkey moving around a lot while the TV sits on its back.

O.city 11-13-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13889692)
They're pretty low.

Most towns just have one TV and the reception is pretty poor due to the donkey moving around a lot while the TV sits on its back.

:D

notorious 11-13-2018 12:52 PM

Want to kill some time and read an article that ranks each teams field conditions?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/01/nf...grass-rankings

O.city 11-13-2018 12:54 PM

It is weird that Arrowhead is Bermuda. That's pretty far north for that grass. No wonder it looks brown as shit later in the year.

I know it's tougher but shit it looks awful.

loochy 11-13-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13889646)

No, they don't watch. That's why they are playing there. The same goes for the England games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Strongside 11-13-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13889702)
Want to kill some time and read an article that ranks each teams field conditions?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/01/nf...grass-rankings

It's always perplexed me that both the Chiefs and Royals use Bermuda Grass on their playing fields. Bermuda is a softer grass but it's also a warm-season turf and is damn near impossible to keep alive in cooler conditions. Zoysia is what most of our golf courses use, and it's basically living carpet...but it browns out quickly.

They would be wise, IMO, to switch to tall fescue. Then again, George Toma and Trevor Vance know their shit...so there must be a reason.

DaFace 11-13-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13889586)
I'm sure a chiefsplanet mod has infinitely more expertise than a former NFL CEO would.

:rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that it's a realistic suggestion for the NFL to absorb around $10 million in ticket revenue, then reimburse fans for their travel expenses (probably another $5 million), then donate all of the money from the tickets they sell in LA just because?

That seems...naive...at best.

Not to mention that I personally have no idea why she thinks a business interruption policy would be willing to pay out for an issue that has to have been known for weeks.

O.city 11-13-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13889712)
It's always perplexed me that both the Chiefs and Royals use Bermuda Grass on their playing fields. Bermuda is a softer grass but it's also a warm-season turf and is damn near impossible to keep alive in cooler conditions. Zoysia is what most of our golf courses use, and it's basically living carpet...but it browns out quickly.

They would be wise, IMO, to switch to tall fescue. Then again, George Toma and Trevor Vance know their shit...so there must be a reason.

Yeah, even far southern mo is pretty far north for Bermuda.

I'm not sure why they don't go to something else TBH.