ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ****St Louis Cardinals @ Kansas City Royals (GM 2) 5/28**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273419)

DJ's left nut 05-28-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9715154)
If the Royals ever contend for anything, it will be because they've finally acquired a legit 3-hole hitter, which Gordon is not.

Explain.

What exactly is it that Alex Gordon lacks as a 3-hole hitter?

Bambi 05-28-2013 06:38 PM

Royals broadcast comparing Sal Perez to Molina. LMAO

petegz28 05-28-2013 06:39 PM

I think Hosmer and Moose have let Ned get in their head. Yeah, I rhymes, big whoop.

Seriously though. Ned was talking about these guys hitting for power and I think they believe they have to every time at the plate. Both of them are showing blatant signs of trying to kill the ball with every swing. Hosmer on occasion gets smart and goes the other way but when he pulls it he always hits a ground ball.

Just seems like they are trying to live up to the hype instead of hitting a solid line drive and let the bat do the work.

Mr. Laz 05-28-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9715145)
Hosmer still has no ability to pull the ball

none

petegz28 05-28-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9715163)
none

He needs to quit trying to knock the cover off of the ball..that would help a lot

DJ's left nut 05-28-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9715161)
I think Hosmer and Moose have let Ned get in their head. Yeah, I rhymes, big whoop.

Seriously though. Ned was talking about these guys hitting for power and I think they believe they have to every time at the plate. Both of them are showing blatant signs of trying to kill the ball with every swing. Hosmer on occasion gets smart and goes the other way but when he pulls it he always hits a ground ball.

Just seems like they are trying to live up to the hype instead of hitting a solid line drive and let the bat do the work.

Without question.

Ned Yost's focus on hitting bombs this season has really ****ed these guys up. I just do not understand what he was thinking with that approach.

DeezNutz 05-28-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9715157)
Explain.

What exactly is it that Alex Gordon lacks as a 3-hole hitter?

Bit light on power.

Love the doubles, but this year has also been a bit of a mirage to this point because his BABIP is .400.

Put him at one or two and I like his production exponentially more than at three.

Mr. Laz 05-28-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9715166)
He needs to quit trying to knock the cover off of the ball..that would help a lot

just hope it's not because his bat speed just isn't good enough

because if that is it then his batting isn't ever going to get much better

petegz28 05-28-2013 06:42 PM

Give French credit...he didn't K

Bambi 05-28-2013 06:43 PM

Frenchy has 10 RBIs...on the year....literally.

stonedstooge 05-28-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9715168)
Without question.

Ned Yost's focus on hitting bombs this season has really ****ed these guys up. I just do not understand what he was thinking with that approach.

You haven't heard MLB power hitters talk about how they go to the plate looking for a home run?

DeezNutz 05-28-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9715175)
Frenchy has 10 RBIs...on the year....literally.

Frenchy is a sack of ****, but the above statistic is meaningless.

Bambi 05-28-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9715178)
Frenchy is a sack of ****, but the above statistic is meaningless.

How so?

Mr. Laz 05-28-2013 06:45 PM

Dyson
Cain
Gordon
Butler
Hosmer
Moose

but hard to do anything like that when Moose and Hosmer suck shit

petegz28 05-28-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9715171)
just hope it's not because his bat speed just isn't good enough

because if that is it then his batting isn't ever going to get much better

I don't think it's bat speed. I think it's bad mechanics. Long swings if anything. The old cliché rings true, keep your hands inside the ball. Hosmer is getting out front and rolling over which I tend to say is caused by trying too hard to pull it and too hard of a swing.

Moose on the other hand is hitting a lot of pop ups which again is swinging to hard and getting off plane. When Moose does turn on it he turns with great power but it is too inconsistent.

Sometimes the best thing to do is "see ball, hit ball" and just focus on squaring up the bat on the ball and just hit it hard wherever you hit it.

When you can't even do that then you're not going to have success trying to pull it with authority.