ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs vs Broncos predictions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278562)

htismaqe 11-14-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10186779)
That's EXACTLY how I see it - even picked the same score somewhere in this thread.

The Chiefs D is good, but it's gonna be on the field A LOT. They'll be gassed in the 4th quarter. Add the altitude to the mix and there won't be any 4th quarter dominance.

All a Chiefs loss means is that Denver held serve against a Chiefs team that NOBODY expected to be in this position. But WHAT IF the "IMPOSSIBLE" happens and the Chiefs win?... Really not all that much pressure when you think about it. :hmmm:

That's one thing that I keep coming back to.

Denver is the one that NEEDS this game. If they lose, the Chiefs would have to collapse down the stretch which, if they're good enough to beat Denver at Denver, probably isn't going to happen.

The Chiefs have nothing to lose, at all.

KCUnited 11-14-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10186795)

The first domino in home field advantage.

Cannibal 11-14-2013 12:32 PM

I just hope like hell we don't blown out and exposed as frauds. If we keep it close in Denver, I'm OK with it as long as we beat them in KC.

Mile High Mania 11-14-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10186795)
That's one thing that I keep coming back to.

Denver is the one that NEEDS this game. If they lose, the Chiefs would have to collapse down the stretch which, if they're good enough to beat Denver at Denver, probably isn't going to happen.

I disagree with that one.

Go from a possible 2 game lead to tied and giving up the division lead - huge playoff seeding implications. Wins are hard.

@ Den
SD
Den
@ WAS
@ OAK
IND
@ SD

Gives you little room for error down the stretch. Patriots are 7-2 and Colts are 6-3...

I think this is really an equal "must win" for both teams.

htismaqe 11-14-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10186808)
The first domino in home field advantage.

Did you even expect them to have a winning record this year?

Losing something NOBODY expected them to have in the first place is hardly losing.

Not to mention the fact that they get Denver at home in 2 weeks.

Losing this week is nothing.

TheUte 11-14-2013 12:40 PM

Nothing to lose but a TON to gain.

The Franchise 11-14-2013 12:40 PM

If we beat Denver this week.....we have a legitimate shot of sweeping them.

htismaqe 11-14-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10186831)

Go from a possible 2 game lead to tied and giving up the division lead - huge playoff seeding implications. Wins are hard.

@ Den
SD
Den
@ WAS
@ OAK
IND
@ SD

Gives you little room for error down the stretch. Patriots are 7-2 and Colts are 6-3...

If the expectation is Super Bowl, maybe.

As it is, this team was supposed to be 8-8, or worse, this season. They've already exceeded expectations.

The "formula" they've been using simply has to keep working. Either it will work or it won't.

Nothing that happens Sunday changes anything. They're SUPPOSED to lose at Denver. They always do.

KCUnited 11-14-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10186832)

Losing something NOBODY expected them to have in the first place is hardly losing.

So no one should be disappointed if they lose out? Expectations change as the season plays out. While Sunday is hardly a must win, there are things on the line.

King_Chief_Fan 11-14-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10186832)

after 2-14, I thought the best any team could do would to be 8-8/9-7 Amazing how things have changed.
This will be the best test for Chiefs. If they lose this one, I doubt they lose the 2nd one to Dungver.

Dayze 11-14-2013 12:43 PM

I'm dreading a blown coverage from our secondary for an all-too-easy 60 yd TD catch by one of the white guys.

Cannibal 11-14-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10186831)

@ Den
SD
Den
@ WAS
@ OAK
IND
@ SD

Nope, the pressure is all on Denver in this game. Chiefs are not going undefeated, they have to lose at some point and Denver is widely regarded as the best team despite having a loss. If the Chiefs are to lose a game or three one of them is this week.

Dayze 11-14-2013 12:47 PM

it would be sweet however, for Manning to get hit Drew Bledsoe style on his way out of bounds. Or Warner after an interception.

TheUte 11-14-2013 12:48 PM

This game is the first step in Home Field Advantage, which is too big to discount the importance of.

Cannibal 11-14-2013 12:48 PM

If they lose a close one, but manage to physically beat up Denver, I think they would consider that a moral victory because it will set them up for the game in KC two weeks later.