ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****The Official Chiefsplanet Weeping Vagina Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261420)

Bearcat 07-15-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8741622)
This is pretty good advice but even the "don't piss off a mod" part is a little overstated around here. I don't think we have any kneejerk guys on the team. If that happens, we're all comfortable enough with one another to reel a pissed off mod back and fix a bit of overzealousness. But it really doesn't happen from where I'm sitting. I'm not saying it has never happened in 12 years but it's not something we have to deal with currently.

It seems like the perception is we ban people on a whim, and I can understand that because if you don't know about the 1st warning, ban, 2nd chance, 2nd ban, 3rd chance, 3rd ban, and 4th chance, you may think the 4th and permanent ban was random.

However, the opposite is true... since we have several mods and we're not all involved in each reported post or whatever, it takes a while before there's no one left saying "eh, we could let him back in a couple of weeks..."

Getting yourself banned for a significant amount of time is not a matter of simply annoying me or Phobia or Bwana or even simply walking over the line... you either have to walk way over the line or you have to convince all of us that it's the only option left.

Like you said, we don't have trigger-happy mods... I think SportsRacer has been temp-banned at least twice for bumping several old threads in a short period of time, then was banned a 3rd time for the same crap, then after the spam pics and bumping an old thread, we were all on the same boat with making it permanent. Same for Joey and others... this crap goes on for months and spans multiple warnings and bans.

RealSNR 07-15-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8741629)
I've heard that. Nothin will ever top Link to the Past for me personally though. That game was the shit.

Marin is the ultimate hottie in the Zelda universe. If I have a choice between her and the princess, then **** Zelda with a shovel. I'm taking Marin.

Oh, and the entire concept of the game just rocks. So many different interpretations. I think the Zelda franchise missed out on not making more games in line with that sort of reality-questioning frame to it.

BossChief 07-15-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8741628)
That is a bullshit response to him replying to your concerns about the board in earnest.

I guess I should back away because I don't post much around this time of the year (busy time for me) and might have missed something crucial...but unless I'm mistaken (and I very well could be) hootie and Joey were banned for being a couple of dumbasses that went out of their way to get banned.

Those are legit.

Then Billay gets banned for telling luv to "shut up, bitch" in a thread (as if that's harsh words on here or something) and now Thig gets banned for getting on the nerves of mods by taking about spam or Peyton manning but not actually doing anything bannable....again, unless I've missed some crucial part of this.

I don't make the rules and have no problem with others enforcing them, especially when appointed to do so...I guess I don't understand what rules were broken here.

In58men 07-15-2012 01:13 AM

For **** sakes don't google "Gary Oldman" and forget the "r"

pr_capone 07-15-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8741628)
That is a bullshit response to him replying to your concerns about the board in earnest.

|Futbol| white knighting Phobia?

a topsy turvy world indeed

Rams Fan 07-15-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8741634)
It seems like the perception is we ban people on a whim, and I can understand that because if you don't know about the 1st warning, ban, 2nd chance, 2nd ban, 3rd chance, 3rd ban, and 4th chance, you may think the 4th and permanent ban was random.

However, the opposite is true... since we have several mods and we're not all involved in each reported post or whatever, it takes a while before there's no one left saying "eh, we could let him back in a couple of weeks..."

Getting yourself banned for a significant amount of time is not a matter of simply annoying me or Phobia or Bwana or even simply walking over the line... you either have to walk way over the line or you have to convince all of us that it's the only option left.

Like you said, we don't have trigger-happy mods... I think SportsRacer has been temp-banned at least twice for bumping several old threads in a short period of time, then was banned a 3rd time for the same crap, then after the spam pics and bumping an old thread, we were all on the same boat with making it permanent. Same for Joey and others... this crap goes on for months and spans multiple warnings and bans.

What I meant by the "don't piss off a mod part" is that, say for instance, I am reported a shit load of times. After a mod, for instance, says to me via PM or the like, "Quit doing this or face the consequences later on.", it would probably be a wise idea to not do the same shit again as it would seem from previous posts from mods that some mods get annoyed with multiple reports on the same poster over and over again over the same deal.

Hammock Parties 07-15-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8741637)
I don't make the rules and have no problem with others enforcing them, especially when appointed to do so...I guess I don't understand what rules were broken here.

The new ones.

Good enough for The Constitution? Good enough for CP.

RealSNR 07-15-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8741640)
|Futbol| white knighting Phobia?

a topsy turvy world indeed

Worst. Haiku. Ever.

BossChief 07-15-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8741634)

Like you said, we don't have trigger-happy mods... I think SportsRacer has
been temp-banned at least twice for bumping several old threads in a short period of time, then was banned a 3rd time for the same crap, then after the spam pics and bumping an old thread, we were all on the same boat with making it permanent. Same for Joey and others... this crap goes on for months and spans multiple warnings and bans.

I guess wasn't even aware that bumping an old thread was against the tos.

Shit, blueballs has been doing that shit for years on here.

Has he been banned multiple times for that?

pr_capone 07-15-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8741646)
Worst. Haiku. Ever.

LMFAO

Rams Fan 07-15-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8741647)
I guess wasn't even aware that bumping an old thread was against the tos.

Shit, blueballs has been doing that shit for years on here.

Has he been banned multiple times for that?

Blueballs was perma'd after he told Phobia to **** off or something of the like recently after Phobia had warned him to stop bumping posts.

BillSelfsTrophycase 07-15-2012 01:20 AM

You know what this thread needs?

Boobs

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/Img/Phot...er/5180169.jpg

Phobia 07-15-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8741637)
Then Billay gets banned for telling luv to "shut up, bitch" in a thread (as if that's harsh words on here or something)

Do we really want to discuss what started as a two-day vacation for two different infractions on here AGAIN?
Quote:

and now Thig gets banned for getting on the nerves of mods by taking about spam or Peyton manning but not actually doing anything bannable....again, unless I've missed some crucial part of this.
Yeah. I'd say you've missed a lot of crucial parts on all fronts. I'll just say one more piece and leave it at that. I've taken probably 30 minutes out of my night to explain what happened to Thig in detail to you and you obviously aren't reading anything I've written. Either you're not reading it or you're incapable of comprehending it. You are one of the 10 or 12 who always seem to insert themselves into protesting somebody's ban but it's never been more apparent than tonight that you really aren't even paying attention, don't care to understand, and you really just enjoy whining about somebody being banned for the sake of whining about it. Future complaints, questions, or constructive criticisms of mod actions on this site from you will be completely ignored by me. You're not even trying.

Bearcat 07-15-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 8741641)
What I meant by the "don't piss off a mod part" is that, say for instance, I am reported a shit load of times. After a mod, for instance, says to me via PM or the like, "Quit doing this or face the consequences later on.", it would probably be a wise idea to not do the same shit again as it would seem from previous posts from mods that some mods get annoyed with multiple reports on the same poster over and over again over the same deal.

Yes. As far as SportsRacer is concerned, when you've been banned multiple times for bumping old threads, it's not really a good idea to push that button with the mods the first week you're back. You're basically begging us to do something at that point.

RealSNR 07-15-2012 01:23 AM

Where the hell is lcarus? I was going to get all metaphysical and deep on Zelda games.