ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pot Legal in Colorado and Washington for Recreational Use (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266302)

Dayze 11-08-2012 12:07 AM

lol. That pretty much sums it up.

Dayze 11-08-2012 12:08 AM

I saw the movie "Reefer Madness" at 1/2 Price books the other day when we were selling a bunch of books; it was like $4......I knew I should've bought it.

dang it.

Simply Red 11-08-2012 12:17 AM

Did this really happen? I'm researched out. Also, i've yet to really read the thread, can someone confirm?

Mr. Flopnuts 11-09-2012 04:07 PM

Holy shit! Washington is not ****ing around with this shit. The AG has already come out and said any initiative passed by the people is considered viable law to the AG office and they will defend it against the federal government.

Now today, according to KING 5 news' Facebook page, the King County (the largest in the state, home of Seattle) prosecutor has come out and said he's dropping every misdemeanor marijuana charge going on right now due to the passing of I-502.

:clap: They are taking this ****ing bull by the horns, and I commend them for it. No more clogging the court system, and wasting taxpayer money on prosecuting simple possession of marijuana. Bravo!

Rain Man 11-09-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9097649)
Did this really happen? I'm researched out. Also, i've yet to really read the thread, can someone confirm?

It happened in Colorado. There are already construction cranes here building marijuana high-rises, and the marijuana dealers are buying out every Starbucks location.

memyselfI 11-09-2012 04:15 PM

This is great news. Now maybe we can start ending that ridiculous 'war on drugs' and start using that money to provide other services desperately needed in this country.

Dayze 11-09-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9101830)
Holy shit! Washington is not ****ing around with this shit. The AG has already come out and said any initiative passed by the people is considered viable law to the AG office and they will defend it against the federal government.

Now today, according to KING 5 news' Facebook page, the King County (the largest in the state, home of Seattle) prosecutor has come out and said he's dropping every misdemeanor marijuana charge going on right now due to the passing of I-502.

:clap: They are taking this ****ing bull by the horns, and I commend them for it. No more clogging the court system, and wasting taxpayer money on prosecuting simple possession of marijuana. Bravo!

awesome.

ToxSocks 11-09-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9101830)

/tear

Damn allergies.

Dayze 11-09-2012 04:18 PM

though, it's only a matter of time before black people start freaking out and raping people. and white people hiding in closets smoking and freaking out.
~

Mr. Flopnuts 11-09-2012 04:19 PM

:bong:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SIUw4ZS1J_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

memyselfI 11-09-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9101870)
though, it's only a matter of time before black people start freaking out and raping people. and white people hiding in closets smoking and freaking out.
~

Or all of these potheads start shooting heroin. Can't forget that it's a gateway drug. :rolleyes:

alnorth 11-09-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9097649)

Yes it did. This is pretty big news, to the point where internationally other countries are going "the USA did what?!?"

Its still illegal under federal law. People growing and selling it are taking a huge risk of being busted by the feds. However, the individual user is probably safe because there are not enough federal agents to bust more than a tiny fraction of users, they depend on the local cops for that.

In CO and WA, the cops will now say "screw it, we're out, good luck if the feds catch you, but we won't bother you"

regarding the courts, this is not the sort of thing that can be overturned. CO and WA are powerless to stop the feds from enforcing federal law, BUT the feds can not force WA and CO cops to enforce marijuana prohibition if they want to make it legal under state law. The feds are now totally on their own in those 2 states.

ToxSocks 11-09-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9101897)
Or all of these potheads start shooting heroin. Can't forget that it's a gateway drug. :rolleyes:

Personally, i can't wait till rape is legal.

Hell yeah!

alnorth 11-09-2012 04:37 PM

That WA law should be a model for the nation. They are taxing the hell out of it to pay for MJ addiction and treatment programs, PSA's to recommend not smoking, etc. Also, they set a legal limit for THC where if your blood tests higher than x amount, you are legally intoxicated and can get in trouble just like driving drunk. So, don't drive stoned.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-09-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9101929)
That WA law should be a model for the nation. They are taxing the hell out of it to pay for MJ addiction and treatment programs, PSA's to recommend not smoking, etc. Also, they set a legal limit for THC where if your blood tests higher than x amount, you are legally intoxicated and can get in trouble just like driving drunk. So, don't drive stoned.

The only problem with the blood part is that according to levels they have in place, you could technically be considered impaired the day after. That's a huge down side to the initiative. That said, I believe they'll get it right after some tinkering by trial and error.