ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request If you could through a little prayer my son's way (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267985)

BigRedChief 12-25-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9240174)
Xrays starting to show pneumonia. They are transferring him to Childrens Mercy in Kansas City by ambulance because they can't fly due to weather.

Thats almost surely secondary to what he had originally. If it was noscomical (hospital aquired) did he spike a temp today? or had a temp gradually rise over the last few days?

Kids and pneumonia, in general, fall into two categories:
  • Quick spike is usually bacterial pnemonia and the IV antibotics will kill it quickly.
  • If the fever has got worse over a couple of days its probably viral pnemonia. They will just treat the symptoms until the virus tuns its course.

Just make sure he does his spiromentry correctly. It' will keep those alveoli open and not give the pneumonia bugs a chance to settle. The IV antibiotics will kill the pneumonia bugs. They are on it before the pneumonia got bad. He's eventually going to be okay. Children's Mercy rocks.

J Diddy 12-25-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9240799)
Thats almost surely secondary to what he had originally. If it was noscomical (hospital aquired) did he spike a temp today? or had a temp gradually rise over the last few days?

Kids and pneumonia, in general, fall into two categories:
  • Quick spike is usually bacterial pnemonia and the IV antibotics will kill it quickly.
  • If the fever has got worse over a couple of days its probably viral pnemonia. They will just treat the symptoms until the virus tuns its course.

Just make sure he does his spiromentry correctly. It' will keep those alveoli open and not give the pneumonia bugs a chance to settle. The IV antibiotics will kill the pneumonia bugs. They are on it before the pneumonia got bad. He's eventually going to be okay. Children's Mercy rocks.

I've seen a tremendous difference from this morning at Via Christi to now at Childrens Mercy hospital. He's drinking, he's eating, and, occasionally, giggling.

I will say CMH looks like patch adams exploded.

R8RFAN 12-25-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9240895)
I've seen a tremendous difference from this morning at Via Christi to now at Childrens Mercy hospital. He's drinking, he's eating, and, occasionally, giggling.

Keep Praying... God Is Great

GloryDayz 12-25-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

I've been in many a hospital, but I've always thought the world of CMH... It's an amazing facility...

Good for you and yours. Glad to hear it's going better...

BigRedChief 12-25-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

CMH is the best. I did a year of residency there. Was going to spend my career there. But, I just couldnt handle the kids home situations. Afraid I'd go off on an abusive parent.

Your in good hands. Trust whatever they tell you to do.

petegz28 12-25-2012 09:31 PM

Sorry to hear your boy is spending X-mas in the horsepistol. Thoughts your way.

threebag 12-25-2012 09:51 PM

CMH is the best. My son was born with two holes in his heart. One was surgically repaired and the other healed on its own. He has been given a clean bill of health. He is Awesome and on his way to being five years old. You are definately in great hands J Diddy

IA_Chiefs_fan 12-25-2012 10:26 PM

I'm thinking of you guys. Please keep us posted.

RJ 12-25-2012 11:11 PM

Prayers and a Merry Christmas for all of you.

Phobia 12-26-2012 01:22 AM

I presume you're staying up there 24/7. If you need a hot meal and a place to shower or nap, hit me up.

Rukdafaidas 12-26-2012 06:11 AM

I agree with the rest, you're definitely in the right place.
My youngest son was life-flighted from St. Johns in Joplin to Children's Mercy right after birth. I was with him there for 2 months and I left thinking there's not a better medical facility on the planet.
I'm confident that they'll figure out what's wrong with him and get him properly treated quickly.

Rukdafaidas 12-26-2012 06:14 AM

Also, get yourself checked into the Ronald McDonald house. Another fantastic organization.

Mr. Plow 12-26-2012 08:16 AM

Yeesh, sorry I missed this one J Diddy. Hope the kiddo is doing better today and you guys get to go home soon. Prayers your way.

ZepSinger 12-26-2012 08:32 AM

sounds like good progress is being made- awesome news!!! Please keep us posted on the little guy...

J Diddy 12-26-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9241246)
I presume you're staying up there 24/7. If you need a hot meal and a place to shower or nap, hit me up.

Yeah I am but I've got help thanks a bunch for the offer Phil.

On the bright note:

They took him off oxygen right now and if his levels stay good and he doesn't need oxygen throughout the night he might get to go home tomorrow.