ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fair value for Bowe: 5 years, 58m, 20m guaranteed. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270096)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-19-2013 11:36 PM

agreed. Its coming and i dont give a flying **** what any talking head says to the contrary. Even Dorsey himself. Even Yahweh the all-powerful. Eugene Geno Smith WILL BE A CHIEF.
Posted via Mobile Device

rico 02-19-2013 11:45 PM

This is one of the main thing that appeals to me in terms of signing Bowe and potentially finding our franchise guy. I just want to see the man play some football with a QB who is actually like, a real QB....not one that you see starting for some QB inept team like the Chiefs who's QB's seem to be dudes you'd expect to play QB if you are a fan of a JUCO team...and your starter goes down.

In other words, I want to watch this man play with a real QB. Interested how things would turn out for him.

AussieChiefsFan 02-19-2013 11:51 PM

So. Much. Win.

Geno to Bowe, I can taste it.

DaneMcCloud 02-19-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9417929)
agreed. Its coming and i dont give a flying **** what any talking head says to the contrary. Even Dorsey himself. Even Yahweh the all-powerful. Eugene Geno Smith WILL BE A CHIEF.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9417964)
So. Much. Win.

Geno to Bowe, I can taste it.

Seriously, you guys are ****ing creepy

AussieChiefsFan 02-20-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9417968)

Can feel it too.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-20-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9417968)

The talent is there, and I've reached the breaking point. It is what it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic 02-20-2013 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So I added the up % of all of Geno's throws from 2012 minus the game Vs James Madison. I didn't take out drops although I did keep track of them.

Screens counted as 10 yards and under but I refused to track those shovel screens that WVU loved to run, so those are not added in.

AussieChiefsFan 02-20-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9418009)
So I added the up % of all of Geno's throws from 2012 minus the game Vs James Madison. I didn't take out drops although I did keep track of them.

Screens counted as 10 yards and under but I refused to track those shovel screens that WVU loved to run, so those are not added in.

:clap:

KCrockaholic 02-20-2013 12:49 AM

I also have 2012 Geno numbers vs the blitz... If wanted.

AussieChiefsFan 02-20-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9418030)
I also have 2012 Geno numbers vs the blitz... If wanted.

please!

KCrockaholic 02-20-2013 12:57 AM

Threw 9 TD's against the blitz to only 1 INT which just so happened to come on Geno's only incompletion against KU. On that play Geno expected the WR to come back to the ball. The safety just jumped the route, but really Bailey needed to come back to the ball. It was thrown over the intermediate middle of the field with trash at the feet.

He completed 62% vs the blitz. Remember this doesn't include James Madison which he destroyed so I can only assume his % would be higher if I had added that cake walk, but that's the reason I didn't.

He does have a tendency to run when pressured, but only if he sees a free gap.

His game Vs TX Tech he only completed 2 of 8 vs the blitz. He got to a point where he was just throwing the ball up for grabs, and one of those deep incomplete passes was a drop. He finished that game going 0-6 in the deep left VS TX Tech.

Kansas State had ZERO blitzes. They rushed 4 all game and got pressure throughout.

Meanwhile he torched Maryland. 16 of 20 vs Maryland and was extremely accurate in all zones of the field.

bowener 02-20-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9418009)

****ing incredible numbers. Tweet that shit to D Bowe and mail him some kleenex and jergens.

KCrockaholic 02-20-2013 01:18 AM

Well one thing that really stood out to me is that he isn't as good throwing to his right. When he has to open his hips and reset his feet he's not completely comfortable.

BUT I also have evidence that shows it's just a common thing among all right handed quarterbacks.

In the 5 games I've done of Mike Glennon so far he completes 21% to his intermediate right. And 31% to his intermediate left. Those obviously don't take out drops but NC state had a ton of drops. It's a smaller sample size compared to Geno's but if this rate keeps up look at the difference between the two.

Sassy Squatch 02-20-2013 02:44 AM

Maybe im wrong but Bowe cant sign until a week before FA starts right?

spanky 52 02-20-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9418102)
Maybe im wrong but Bowe cant sign until a week before FA starts right?

If this is true, Bowe has all the leverage. KC would have to tag him and then work out a deal, which is possible. Believe there is about a week left in which teams can use the tag so we should know soon enough.