ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CHIEFS ***OFFICIALLY*** SIGN TYLER BRAY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272676)

mdchiefsfan 05-04-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 9656413)
What you guys are speculating on is how Bray might do if he were selected in the top 3 rounds.

The fact that he went undrafted means that he will never see whatever potential he may have. And the reason is that giving a QB a legit chance is a large commitment for a coaching staff, as far as the amount of work you're putting into one guy and neglecting from other possible QB's. This really speaks volumes to the fact that we've trotted Thigpen Huard Palko and Cassel out there... Especially the ones that we had invested the playbook and practice reps into.

Essentially what I'm saying is there are probably other Tom Brady's in the world that just never got the shot.

Not many other teams have an offense-minded HC, a OC who was a QB in the NFL, a QB coach, and a spread game analyst/special projects coach who has a background with QBs as well. There appears to be more coaches, on our team, to focus on the development of our 3rd string QB than on most other teams. Could be wishful thinking, but time will tell.

FRCDFED 05-04-2013 06:55 AM

Wasn't Romo an UDFA? It's not like it would be the first time an UDFA went on to become a starting NFL QB.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-04-2013 07:22 AM

Can't wait for bray to steal the headlines during the rookie mini camp

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 07:26 AM

Hope Bray is training camp warrior.

Chiefshrink 05-04-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9656474)
Can't wait for bray to steal the headlines during the rookie mini camp

And what will those headlines say ?

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9656480)

Mediocrity at best to continue for foreseeable future. / Teicher

Mr_Tomahawk 05-04-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9656480)

Bray goes 26/27 in passing drill

*only miss comes from a bet where bray stands on the 50 and hits the fountains in the K.

Chiefshrink 05-04-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9648694)
you cant coach up raw measurables.
If Reid can beat some brains into this guy...

you can't coach up stupid either, but to your point....%(/

At least we will have something to look forward to on the side during TC whether this kid actually makes progress OR we get some great humor from our own Chiefs 'Bull Durham' Tyler "The Nuke" Bray:p

Chiefshrink 05-04-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9656491)
Bray goes 26/27 in passing drill

*only miss comes from a bet where bray stands on the 50 and hits the fountains in the K.

or hits the KCWolf mascot in pre-game pre-season warmup.

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 07:46 AM

Which hotel should we stay at in February?

ARROW2 05-04-2013 07:55 AM

Coming from someone who wanted Geno. I have rewatched the Bray highlights and I think he is the most "talented" QB coming out of college right now and the most "talented" QB on the roster, hands down. His pocket presence is better than anything we have witnessed in a long time as Chiefs fans, and the arm? Please, this dude is good and he knows it, hence the perceived overconfidence in his arm, gunslinger mentality. That's exactly what this team needs, a mfkin gunslinger!!!! F playing it safe. So what he got a ticket jet skiing? So what there were some beer bottles kicked or whatever from a roof, balcony or whatever? No charges were filed. That's all we got? Uncoachable? We'll see. Sometimes when you are that talented and young, you can come off that way but what I saw on film?

The way this dude can buy time and sling it if off the charts compared to everyone else. Additionally, he is always looking to make the big play, which I fkin like!!!! Chiefs fans have been trained to go for the conservative, game manager. How has that turned out in the last 40+ years? Bray is the most "talented" QB on this roster. Best QB? He has to prove it but he is heads and shoulders above even Alex Smith in "natural" talent. I am pulling for this dude, he has "IT" potential....real talk..

TomBarndtsTwin 05-04-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9656461)
Wasn't Romo an UDFA? It's not like it would be the first time an UDFA went on to become a starting NFL QB.

Yes, he was. Tyler Bray = a stronger armed version of Romo?

Time will tell . . . .

FringeNC 05-04-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9655388)
:spock:

I think Bray's dad is enabling his son's immaturity by reminding everyone that Bray is the most physically gifted QB in the draft. Instead, his father should have made comments along the line that Tyler is disappointed he wasn't drafted but it was a real wake-up call for him, and that Tyler realizes that physical ability alone is not enough in the NFL.

Sounds to me like his dad is in denial about what actually happened on draft day, and that can't be good for Bray. Bray needs some tough love, not coddling from an immature parent who wants to live vicariously through his son.

ARROW2 05-04-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9656536)
I think Bray's dad is enabling his son's immaturity by reminding everyone that Bray is the most physically gifted QB in the draft. Instead, his father should have made comments along the line that Tyler is disappointed he wasn't drafted but it was a real wake-up call for him, and that Tyler realizes that physical ability alone is not enough in the NFL.

Sounds to me like his dad is in denial about what actually happened on draft day, and that can't be good for Bray. Bray needs some tough love, not coddling from an immature parent who wants to live vicariously through his son.

He is the most physically gifted, that's pretty evident.....He is kinda kaepernickish without the running and slides around the pocket like a pro. I saw some savvy and most of all BIG BALLS. Not afraid to make a play.......

Dave Lane 05-04-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9656476)
Hope Bray is training camp fodder.

FYP