ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

Rain Man 03-21-2017 10:18 AM

Almost down now. Two more steps.

Rain Man 03-21-2017 10:18 AM

Okay, he's down. Now he's walking back to the table.

Rain Man 03-21-2017 10:19 AM

Annnnnd, he's back. Arizona is now up and the pm is sent.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12791921)
I'm really torn on that pick. My hunch says I should go with Deshone Watson, and he would be a better fit for the Browns as they stand. But Trubisky has good stats and may be the better long-term fit if he survives the first couple of seasons. He seems to be a safer bet, particularly to get the Browns competitive again.

What do you think? Right decision or wrong decision?

I think Trubisky should've gone to the Chargers, truth be told.

As for the Browns - I just know so little about what kind of offense they'll actually try to run. He's not an 'all systems' type of QB - I don't think the arm talent is quite on par with those top 10 kind of passers. But put him in the right system and he can put up numbers on par with those guys because he appears to be a smart player.

A poor man's Matt Ryan? Hell, a poor man's Phillip Rivers.

Rain Man 03-21-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12791932)
I think Trubisky should've gone to the Chargers, truth be told.

As for the Browns - I just know so little about what kind of offense they'll actually try to run. He's not an 'all systems' type of QB - I don't think the arm talent is quite on par with those top 10 kind of passers. But put him in the right system and he can put up numbers on par with those guys because he appears to be a smart player.

A poor man's Matt Ryan? Hell, a poor man's Phillip Rivers.

Which QB would you have taken? Or would you have taken a different position?

In my opinion, Cleveland is in a situation where I think they have to have a QB to make progress. Maybe you put Kessler in for another year and groom a QB, but they have to have a QB.

The Franchise 03-21-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12791907)
Eat shit Pest :D

Love you too. ROFL

staylor26 03-21-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12791943)
Love you too. ROFL

That's the thing I do love you. Why must you be so mean?

:(

The Franchise 03-21-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12791944)
That's the thing I do love you. Why must you be so mean?

:(

I had to call someone out. Everyone has made good picks so far.

staylor26 03-21-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12791947)

Which is exactly why I was ****ed when my pick came up :cuss:

Ross and Thomas on rookie deals for the next few years is sexy though. Could be one of the best duos in the league, and one of the best trios when you include Snead.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12791939)
Which QB would you have taken? Or would you have taken a different position?

In my opinion, Cleveland is in a situation where I think they have to have a QB to make progress. Maybe you put Kessler in for another year and groom a QB, but they have to have a QB.

I probably would've gone edge rusher for them there but Trubisky is a solid value there as well.

My logic would be the same as it was with SF - that team SUCKS. Horribly. If you're a team that is at the top of this draft because of some bad luck and you still need a QB (i.e. the Jets), I think you can justify a reach because you may not be drafting that high next year.

Personally I'd be shocked if the Browns and 49ers aren't in the top 5 again next year and able to draft a QB again that's a higher ceiling guy than Trubisky. But with a 1st committed to him, they aren't going to move on so they're hamstrung a little (though I guess it could allow them a good trade-back similar to what TN did).

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12791947)

See what I mean? We've become sane and reasonable somehow.

Though I've already seen reports that Foster told the Chargers doctors to **** off and die when they started the team physical, so that situation may get worse before it gets better. Everyone knows that the Chargers have a well-settled history of handling delicate personnel issues and odd temperaments well.

We shall see...

chiefscafan 03-21-2017 10:35 AM

Hmm Rain man I'm not sure bout Mitchell.

He has been a browns fan for years so bringing a championship to Browns would be huge to him.

My problem with him is he couldn't beat QB out last year he is a one year wonder that worries me I would've taken Watson very underated.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 10:36 AM

Rain man, since you're a newbie I'm gonna ask if you remembered to PM Direckshun.

Did you remember to PM Direckshun?

Rain Man 03-21-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12791959)
Rain man, since you're a newbie I'm gonna ask if you remembered to PM Direckshun.

Did you remember to PM Direckshun?

I did indeed. In fact, there was a small ceremony to mark the event where a young girl threw flower petals.

chiefscafan 03-21-2017 10:39 AM

Titans crossing players off of list getting picked recently . It's looking like with second first rounder Titans are looking for best available player available.