ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What bothers you the most about this franchise? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312184)

chiefzilla1501 12-09-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13271126)
I would like to see Haley get another shot with a sane, non-paranoid GM.

Agreed. His offense would sputter because his offensive scheme is terrible. But it would be a well coached team. I don't understand people who give him shit for being tough on players. I don't know if there are many ex players that hold a grudge with him, and supposedly he and big Ben are close despite all the rumors that they couldn't get along.

jimidollar 12-09-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13271271)
0-7 Dolphins-31
Chiefs-3

2011, Arrowhead Stadium

Shameful.

Haleys offense has the best receiver, best running back + Roethlisberger yet they score fewer points than the Chiefs

Hard pass

****. That was the last game I attended or will ever attend. It broke me.

ROYC75 12-09-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13269633)
I'm 41 and I'm telling you that you won't.

YOU WON'T.

60 and counting.

TBHH, I was 12 when we won it!

ILChief 12-09-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13271643)
Agreed. His offense would sputter because his offensive scheme is terrible. But it would be a well coached team. I don't understand people who give him shit for being tough on players. I don't know if there are many ex players that hold a grudge with him, and supposedly he and big Ben are close despite all the rumors that they couldn't get along.

Bernard Pollard isn't a fan I don't believe

Steron 12-09-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13269357)
It seems that ever since Marty/King Carl Peterson days there has not been much cohesion between head coach and GM and the general direction and balance of the team.

Gunther - way over his head as head coach.

Vermeil - brought in originally on a 3 year "win now" window. He picked the wrong DC. Then, was given Gunther as DC and the big name free agent approach to immediately fix the D didn't work.

Edwards - Over his head. Should have been apparent from his days with the Jets but the Hunt family is slow to learn. Inherited an old team. When he finally got some of his own players and sacrificed a year of giving a lot of young guys playing time he was fired.

Haley & Pioli - Should never have been paired together. One of the worst matches in history. Felix and Oscar.

Romeo Crennel - Good DC, not head coach material. Should have been apparent to the Hunt family, but they aren't the quickest learners.

Andy Reid & Dorsey - Another bad GM and HC pairing apparently.

All the while the above is occurring you have a franchise failure to draft and develop its own QB.

All of this.

Steron 12-09-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 13270354)
It’s there, just need to stick through it just a little longer.

How many 3 or 5 year plans did King Carl have?

TimeForWasp 12-10-2017 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13269450)
Pretty much nailed it.

I was fine with trying a young new Head coach with Todd Haley,... but when Pioli strapped him to a bunch of shit QB's he didn't want to work with, he went into "I don't give a ****ing shit mode".

I blame Pioli for Haleys mess.

Haley brought some good production out of players and has since gone on to keep the Steelers going as one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL.

yeah, I wan't ready to move on from Haley at the time.

Ron Swanson 12-10-2017 02:24 AM

Clark Hunt

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2017 04:29 AM

Todd Haley

LMAO

Dumb****s

bevischief 12-10-2017 05:29 AM

The Hunt family

Nzoner 12-10-2017 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13270016)
I used to let each loss get me down. In fact there was a time when it would take me days to get over it, almost make me sick.

The Pinnacle of that was the ****ing we took at the hands of the officials and John Elway in the 97/98 Playoffs.

Then again after the 2003 season at the hands of Indy and Peyton.

Now, after watching them for so many years, almost nothing they do bothers me.

They have kept doing the same thing, over and over, and over, and over again.

It is what it is, entertainment.

That being said, Peters did bother me this season. To see him intentionally dog it, pissed me off. I am even over that now. Not a ****ing thing I can do about it.

Pretty much all of this.I remember being a STH and how those play-off losses would crush me for weeks always questioning how and why.

After years of reading books and watching numerous other games besides KC a light finally came on and I too realized the entire sport is nothing but entertainment and unfortunately I chose to follow a team that is nothing but a character actor in this massive production called the NFL.

Molitoth 12-10-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13272105)
Todd Haley

LMAO

Dumb****s

Yes, we know you hate Todd Haley.

Although I'd love to hear your argument on how Pioli set him up in the position to succeed...

Palko, Cassel, Thigpen.

lawrenceRaider 12-10-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13269299)
We tried the whole young first time HC path with Haley and it was an epic. Disaster.

I actually think that was more on the GM, not the HC.

lawrenceRaider 12-10-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13272140)
Yes, we know you hate Todd Haley.

Although I'd love to hear your argument on how Pioli set him up in the position to succeed...

Palko, Cassel, Thigpen.

All of this. Pioli was the stink that caused Haley to fail. I really don't think Haley had any chance of real success with Pioli picking the players.

notorious 12-10-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13272179)
I actually think that was more on the GM, not the HC.

It was as toxic of environment as I've seen.