ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CBS sports online website article: Patrick Peterson to Chiefs "MAKES SENSE" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322843)

keg in kc 05-10-2019 01:03 AM

You gotta think we'll be picking pretty late too, even if we're no better than this year, so we're basically talking a second round value anyway. Ditto if we try to get them to say a 2nd and 4th. Equivalent to a 3rd and 5th. Would you fault them for not taking that?

Although we've had a lot of folks here complaining about us not getting enough back in trades. So maybe we can get another team to do the same.

Mahomes_Is_God 05-10-2019 01:09 AM

Take the mother ****er. Get that superbowl NOW.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2019 01:20 AM

I have no problem giving up a second and 4th.
The second is correct value and the fourth is practically a throwaway.

That said, one CB doesn't guarantee you a f****** super bowl

keg in kc 05-10-2019 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14261714)

I can't speak for them, obviously, but I would guess a bottom-of-the-round 2020 first IS the equivalent of a second round pick from the Cardinal's perspective. Along those lines, I think expecting them to be happy with what to them is a 3rd and a 5th is a pipe dream.

You know what really worries me? We saw Andy Reid go all-in for a couple years with the Eagles, in pretty much the same way they have this year. And we all know how that went. Hopefully Mahomes is enough.

007 05-10-2019 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14261721)
I can't speak for them, obviously, but I would guess a bottom-of-the-round 2020 first IS the equivalent of a second round pick from the Cardinal's perspective. Along those lines, I think expecting them to be happy with what to them is a 3rd and a 5th is a pipe dream.

You know what really worries me? We saw Andy Reid go all-in for a couple years with the Eagles, in pretty much the same way they have this year. And we all know how that went. Hopefully Mahomes is enough.

The big problem is getting Andy to get out of his own way.

Easy 6 05-10-2019 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14261145)
Meh, Talib is still elite.

If it finally gets us over the top then I don't really care what they give up.

This team will be the best in the NFL by far for the next 2 seasons.

Absolutely this, as Apollo Creed once said...

THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!!

SAUTO 05-10-2019 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14261592)
Giving up a first in 2019 was acceptable because we knew the state of the draft and also because we were getting a great player who happened to be in the right age group.

We're not going to give away a first-round pick on a draft that we don't have any kind of read on, that's just not going to happen. We're not going to sit here and assume that it's going to be a loaded draft where first-round talent falls into the second round. We would be idiots to do so.

If the Cards are hell-bent on a first to make this deal happen, it won't be happening with the Kansas City Chiefs.

And veach wasn't drafting a safety, remember?

Might as well just shut up at this point

SAUTO 05-10-2019 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14261708)
I suppose that would make sense since you can't really assign any value to it at this point.

Other than the chart itself which means dick.

Which draft trades didn't follow the chart this year?

BigRedChief 05-10-2019 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14261714)

This is all ancillary stuff. No one in here is confused. We win a Super Bowl its because of Mahomes. Mahomes goes down, so does our Super Bowl hopes.

The NFL CBA is up in 2 years. The cap is going up for sure. But that doesnt really help us because it goes up for everybody.

We are going to have less talent around Mahomes in 2022. Brady pulled it off with having little top tier talent around him. Mahomes is good enough to pull that off too but, thats some future time to consider. Nothing is guaranteed. This time may never come again.

Right now, in a few months, we have a great chance to win a Super Bowl. Peterson on our team increases our chances to win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years. Right now, is the time to go all in. 2 years from now Kelce may be gone or started his inevitable decline due to age. Now is the ****ing time to win a Super Bowl.:harumph:

ChiefEd 05-10-2019 05:59 AM

Agree 100%, BRC. Let’d Do this!

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2019 06:45 AM

We need to save some all in for next season too guys. And this guy is hardly Deion Sanders at age 30. You say he doesn't have any injuries? Well guess what, that means he's due. And he's not getting any younger.
I was all for it prior to picking up Clark, but that first round pick is gone now. We made our choice and it's time to move on.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2019 06:55 AM

I'm pretty sure the Chiefs CB of choice was off of the board this year by the time they were in a position to make a trade up and pick.

Or maybe they really do think Thornhill is all that, I couldn't say. Whatever the case, Patrick Peterson was not their first plan / first choice in the pursuit of a cornerback. If he were, this deal would already be done. How do I know this? Well, ask yourself this question; how long does our GM **** around waiting to pick up talent that he wants? No time at all. Zero. Zip.

Also, thank you to all posters for not quoting SCROATO's ramblings, as they are an affront to God's eyes and make the baby Jesus weep.

SAUTO 05-10-2019 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14261785)
I'm pretty sure the Chiefs CB of choice was off of the board this year by the time they were in a position to make a trade up and pick.

Or maybe they really do think Thornhill is all that, I couldn't say. Whatever the case, Patrick Peterson was not their first plan / first choice in the pursuit of a cornerback. If he were, this deal would already be done. How do I know this? Well, ask yourself this question; how long does our GM **** around waiting to pick up talent that he wants? No time at all. Zero. Zip.

Also, thank you to all posters for not quoting SCROATO's ramblings, as they are an affront to God's eyes and make the baby Jesus weep.

what are you talking about dipshit?

they had a deal to move up into the first before the hill audio leaked

Couch-Potato 05-10-2019 07:03 AM

No problem giving up a 2nd & 4th for PP, let's do this!

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 14261790)
No problem giving up a 2nd & 4th for PP, let's do this!

For that price I am all in!