ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Sure-Oz 10-26-2011 10:54 PM

I like this show so far...the first 2 eps of season 1 were pretty badass

Huffmeister 10-26-2011 11:55 PM

It seems like they really toned down Daryl's character this season. Yes, he's a badass, and that's cool. But they're missing out on opportunities to ratchet up the tension within the group by making him more like the asshole he was at the beginning of the first season.

aturnis 10-27-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8052007)
It seems like they really toned down Daryl's character this season. Yes, he's a badass, and that's cool. But they're missing out on opportunities to ratchet up the tension within the group by making him more like the asshole he was at the beginning of the first season.

I'm happy they toned him down. Makes him more likeable for me, and his backwards over the top accent and "ways" were too much for me.

I mentioned his terrible season one accent to a friend, saying it was over the top and just bad. He said "Well, he's from Georgia". I said, THEY'RE ALL FROM ****ING GEORGIA! WHY IS HE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAD A TERRIBLE OVER THE TOP CLICHE BACKWARDS ASSED FROM THE HILLS SHEEP ****ER ACCENT!

KC_Connection 10-27-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8051962)
Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. There's never been a zombie series before. (that I know of) We're used to zombie movies.

The more I think about it, though... the slow build might be for the best. Lends to that sense of "impending doom" that made the old school slow zombies frightening in the first place.

That's why I think a villian or a real anti-hero is needed, the characters aren't interesting enough right now. You can't sustain an entire television series with just mindless zombies as the only threat to the protagonists, IMO.

Aries Walker 10-27-2011 05:17 AM

I don't know, Andrea does a pretty good job being a pain in the ass all the time.

Chiefnj2 10-27-2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8052054)
I don't know, Andrea does a pretty good job being a pain in the ass all the time.

She's the only vaguely interesting character on the show.

blaise 10-27-2011 05:53 AM

Is she the blond? I don't know. She's ok, but I get tired of her little rants. I think Shane is probably the most interesting character to me.

bevischief 10-27-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8052035)
That's why I think a villian or a real anti-hero is needed, the characters aren't interesting enough right now. You can't sustain an entire television series with just mindless zombies as the only threat to the protagonists, IMO.

If you had read the comics you would have an idea of what is coming...

Frosty 10-27-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8052007)

I didn't care for Daryl last season but he is starting to be my favorite character.

NewChief 10-27-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8052073)
Is she the blond? I don't know. She's ok, but I get tired of her little rants. I think Shane is probably the most interesting character to me.

I agree about Shane in the show.

Comic spoiler:

Spoiler!

KC_Connection 10-27-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8052179)

The comics are not my concern here, though. The show is.

notorious 10-27-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8052624)
The comics are not my concern here, though. The show is.

This.

I don't hate the show, but I don't JIMP waiting on it to come on.

seaofred 10-27-2011 01:56 PM

So can anyone tell me if they find the little girl that is lost?

Bowser 10-27-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 8053180)
So can anyone tell me if they find the little girl that is lost?

Your guess is as good as ours. That arc is new from the books.

aturnis 10-27-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8052057)
She's the only vaguely interesting character on the show.

:spock:

chasedude 10-28-2011 02:11 PM

Just because of this thread I had to check out this show. I don't have AMC but did find the first season on netflix. Pretty good series so far. The Mad Scientist guy in the last episode confused me. I figured he'd be the guy to start the work on a cure, then the decontamination and boom, he quits? What a pussy.

Since I DONT have amc here I'm reserved to torrent the rest of the episodes. Got 1 & 2 of season 2 downloading at home and probably will watch them after the game tonight.

Fish 10-28-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8056184)
Just because of this thread I had to check out this show. I don't have AMC but did find the first season on netflix. Pretty good series so far. The Mad Scientist guy in the last episode confused me. I figured he'd be the guy to start the work on a cure, then the decontamination and boom, he quits? What a pussy.

Since I DONT have amc here I'm reserved to torrent the rest of the episodes. Got 1 & 2 of season 2 downloading at home and probably will watch them after the game tonight.

Open Chrome. Go here: http://www.icefilms.info/tv/series/3/2454

Watch(stream) the new season in 720p HD.

You can watch this in other browsers, but it takes additional addons. Chrome has everything you need built in. New episodes are normally added within 24hrs of airing.

chasedude 10-28-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8056212)
Open Chrome. Go here: http://www.icefilms.info/tv/series/3/2454

Watch(stream) the new season in 720p HD.

You can watch this in other browsers, but it takes additional addons. Chrome has everything you need built in. New episodes are normally added within 24hrs of airing.

Cool, didn't know there was a stream. Thx Fish!

notorious 10-29-2011 09:20 AM

I just finished watching the first two episodes again, and on a scale of 1-10 I give the first two a 9.9 and the last two episodes a 2 maybe 3.

No comparison.

Isolation is what made the first episode the shit.

lcarus 10-29-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8052179)

I've been debating whether or not I should read the graphic novels at this point. I'm kinda torn.

Also, I think season 2 has been twice as good as season 1.

Bowser 10-29-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8057790)
I've been debating whether or not I should read the graphic novels at this point. I'm kinda torn.

The series is branching off from where the graphic novels went. There's still a loose connection between the two, but definitely their seperate entities.

Read them because they're good, but don't worry about spoilers, at least too much.

NJChiefsFan 10-29-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Same here. If I realized it was a graphic novel prior to series I would have done it no question. I prefer it that way. Once this story was so great and the show was how I knew it, I kinda didn't want to change my perspective as well as end up having spoilers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8058060)
The series is branching off from where the graphic novels went. There's still a loose connection between the two, but definitely their seperate entities.

Read them because they're good, but don't worry about spoilers, at least too much.

Thanks.

Deberg_1990 10-29-2011 05:25 PM

Just watched the last episode. I thought it was great. I believe this was the first episode without Darabont involved. I noticed the new new guy wrote this episode. I really couldnt see much difference to be honest. Not yet anyways.....I think Darabont mapped out the first 3 or 4 episodes before he was let go.

Oh, and for those that want more action and zombie bloodshed, AMC cut the budget (for whatever reason???) so in all likelihood, there will be less action and zombie bloodshed this season.

kcxiv 10-29-2011 06:17 PM

Its been a beast in the ratiings WAY WAY WAY WAY more then anyone had ever hoped for and they cut it? i really dont understand.

Oh well, i enjoy it, its fun, i may watch the first season again.

cabletech94 10-29-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

if you do, you'll poop rocks.

wow is too lame of a word to describe the graphic novels.

Deberg_1990 10-29-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8044063)
Did anyone else notice Blue Meth in Merle's goodie bag?

heh, that was a nice little nod to BB. :)

That scene was funy... "Merle got the clap on occasion" ROFL

Anyone else think they are going to start trimming some characters since they added a few new ones? T-Dawg, The Asian guy Glen, the Grieving mom who just lost her daughter?? Basically the ones with nothing to do.

keg in kc 10-29-2011 09:16 PM

I think Glenn will become important at some point.

And I think I remember an interview sometime during the summer where he talked about his character getting some booty this year.

aturnis 10-29-2011 09:50 PM

T-dawg can't go, he's the only black guy, and Glen is way too badass. I'd rather see the blonde chick, shaved head chick, Dale or Shane go.

Dunit35 10-29-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8059405)
T-dawg can't go, he's the only black guy, and Glen is way too badass. I'd rather see the blonde chick, shaved head chick, Dale or Shane go.

They can't get rid of the blonde chick. I think she's money in the show.

KC_Connection 10-29-2011 10:03 PM

It would suck if they get rid of Shane or Glen. The others, sure.

aturnis 10-30-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 8059452)
They can't get rid of the blonde chick. I think she's money in the show.

She's alright this season, so far. Last season she blew hard. The terrible scene at the dept. store, my sister loves dragons and mermaids, look at this mermaid necklace "would it be considered looting"? Or the whole shitty acting sitting in the boat fishing with her sister. Or the shitty acting after her stupid sister died.

Come to think of it, I'm a little annoyed with her incessant whining about getting a damned gun!

chasedude 10-30-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8059735)
She's alright this season, so far. Last season she blew hard. The terrible scene at the dept. store, my sister loves dragons and mermaids, look at this mermaid necklace "would it be considered looting"? Or the whole shitty acting sitting in the boat fishing with her sister. Or the shitty acting after her stupid sister died.

Come to think of it, I'm a little annoyed with her incessant whining about getting a damned gun!

She's Zombie food this season.

notorious 10-30-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8059986)
She's Zombie food this season.

Does she get bit while running topless?

PhillyChiefFan 10-30-2011 10:47 AM

I started watching season 1 episodes yesterday and already finished through season 2....show is damn good.

chasedude 10-30-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8060003)
Does she get bit while running topless?

This is AMC we're talking about, no titties. Showtime would have shown some titties.

notorious 10-30-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8060025)
This is AMC we're talking about, no titties. Showtime would have shown some titties.

It could be like Breaking Bad. DVD's showed boobies.

Nevermind, she probably has too much "self-respect" for herself. Pffff.

chasedude 10-30-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 8060009)
I started watching season 1 episodes yesterday and already finished through season 2....show is damn good.

Yeah I'm caught up to current now too. I hope there's more zombie headshots to come. Plus I gotta find out what happened to Merle, did he live after sawing off his own hand?

chasedude 10-30-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8060026)
It could be like Breaking Bad. DVD's showed boobies.

Nevermind, she probably has too much "self-respect" for herself. Pffff.

Women's lib still alive and well in Zombie land, ROFL

Buck 10-30-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8059288)
Anyone else think they are going to start trimming some characters since they added a few new ones? T-Dawg, The Asian guy Glen, the Grieving mom who just lost her daughter?? Basically the ones with nothing to do.

I don't know about T-Dawg. I think he's a goner. He has a fever and he had a dead zombie laying on his fresh wound. I think he's got the sickness.

Glenn will become one of the most important characters on the show. He hasn't had much to do this season, but last season he pretty much saved Rick's ass a bunch.

Andrea pisses me off. In the comics she's about 25 years old. Here she's 40. She's also supposed to be a badass, but on the show she's a ****ing whiny crybaby. I really hope they kill her.

Deberg_1990 10-30-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8060656)
I don't know about T-Dawg. I think he's a goner.

At least they finally gave him a decent scene. The one with him and Dale discussing him being a goner because he was the only Black guy. Well played and well written.

Pants 10-30-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8060656)
I really hope they kill her.

I've been hoping for a while now. Can't stand that stupid ****.

Dunit35 10-30-2011 05:22 PM

I like looking at her. So, she can't die.

chasedude 10-30-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 8061169)
I like looking at her. So, she can't die.

I thought her sister was easier on the eyes than she was. That's the one I would have my choice of not dying and continueing on.

ohiobronco2 10-30-2011 07:55 PM

I think Shane killed Otis.

And sure enough.

Dunit35 10-30-2011 08:05 PM

Shanes character is certainly developing well.

Pants 10-30-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 8061588)
Shanes character is certainly developing well.

Dude can look you in the eye and lie straight to your face. That story about him stealing the principal's car was the foundation for that characteristic.

Sure-Oz 10-30-2011 09:40 PM

Shane looks like Tony Romo before he shaved his head

aturnis 10-30-2011 09:51 PM

Saw Shane shooting Otis a mile away. Good episode anyhow. Wonder if this somehow leads to something that goes down in the comics.

Otter 10-30-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8061844)
Saw Shane shooting Otis a mile away. Good episode anyhow. Wonder if this somehow leads to something that goes down in the comics.

Didn't see it coming a mile away but I was wondering why he looked so coo coo for cocoa puffs when he returned to the house. I'm sure that's the first step in a dark direction for his character or a prequel to something about his past that will come up.

I wish I'd started watching this like I did 'Breaking Bad' because I hate waiting week to week when the story develops so slowly. Daryl & Rick are by far my favorite characters. A redneck & a cop none the less.

KcMizzou 10-31-2011 12:18 AM

Good episode.

I thought the pinata zombie was a cool, creepy touch.

aturnis 10-31-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8062129)
Good episode.

I thought the pinata zombie was a cool, creepy touch.

Got bit,
the fever hit,
world's gone to shit,
why not quite.

aturnis 10-31-2011 02:40 AM

My plotline theory:

Warning: unnecessarily long winded, probably not correct, and may contain future spoilers and definitely contains spoilers if you haven't seen every episode.

Spoiler!

Buck 10-31-2011 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8062182)
My plotline theory:

Warning: unnecessarily long winded, probably not correct, and may contain future spoilers and definitely contains spoilers if you haven't seen every episode.

Spoiler!

Did you read the Comics?

NewChief 10-31-2011 05:27 AM

Pretty good assessment of the show with some good suggestions for editing to the writing.

Dear "Walking Dead": Please shut up.
[The following recap of "The Walking Dead" season 2, episode 3 contains spoilers; read at your own risk.]
http://www.salon.com/2011/10/31/dear...lease_shut_up/

Spoiler!

KC_Connection 10-31-2011 05:40 AM

Finally a good episode. It's almost like they heard my criticisms last week about the lack of a villain/antihero type and the lack of conflict among the survivors. Shane fits this role perfectly.

Chiefnj2 10-31-2011 08:36 AM

When zombies catch someone they appear to rip that person to shreds and eat everything. If that is the case, why are there so many "whole" zombies running around?

NewChief 10-31-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8062378)
When zombies catch someone they appear to rip that person to shreds and eat everything. If that is the case, why are there so many "whole" zombies running around?

Presumably they got bit, then escaped from whatever zombie was attacking them. Which would happen quite a bit in isolated attacks (not group attacks) as the zombies are actually pretty slow and stupid (see how easily they took out all those zombies in the churches and the zombies in the woods). It's only in packs, really, that they're that deadly and able to tear someone to shreds.

That's sort of a longstanding tradition of zombie movies, right? They, at first, appear to be totally badass and unstoppable. Over time, though, the humans adapt and begin to understand how to take them out.

blaise 10-31-2011 08:49 AM

I feel bad because I want to keep point out things that bother me about the show, but I like the show.
I agree with the, "Can I talk to you for a second..." criticism in NewCheif's link. That's how I feel when I see the scenes where two characters separate for their "moment" together. Falling Skies did it all the time.

Otter 10-31-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8062378)

There's 309 million people in the US and I'm guessing the "half" zombies don't get around as well as the "whole" zombies so you don't see them as much. Take a good look during a zombie heavy scene, there's plenty of fodder lying around on the ground, zombies missing limbs and chunks taken out of them.

You're nitpicking now.

btlook1 10-31-2011 12:11 PM

I think the show is just getting better and better. Personally loved Shane shooting the fat dude to save himself....wondering where it's going next!!

aturnis 10-31-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8062189)
Did you read the Comics?

No, I am I on the right track, or clear off in left field?

Lex Luthor 10-31-2011 12:18 PM

When Shane returned without Otis and said that Otis didn't make it, I thought "WTF, did I fall asleep and miss something?".

Then I was shocked when they showed him shooting Otis. Man, how evil can you get? Otis had just saved Shane's life a few minutes before that.

Shane must have been a fan of that old joke where two guys were running from a lion, and one of them says "I don't have to outrun the lion. I just have to outrun YOU".

All in all, it was a great ending to an episode that I thought was otherwise pretty slow.

blaise 10-31-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 8062795)
When Shane returned without Otis and said that Otis didn't make it, I thought "WTF, did I fall asleep and miss something?".

Then I was shocked when they showed him shooting Otis. Man, how evil can you get? Otis had just saved Shane's life a few minutes before that.

Shane must have been a fan of that old joke where two guys were running from a lion, and one of them says "I don't have to outrun the lion. I just have to outrun YOU".

All in all, it was a great ending to an episode that I thought was otherwise pretty slow.

Shane was looking out for his group. I think that's part of his conflict. He's unhappy where he is, but he's willing to do what he has to for them as long as he's there.

Buck 10-31-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8062794)
No, I am I on the right track, or clear off in left field?

As close as you could be. The comic delves into the is it Rick's or Shane's baby too. However there was no CDC. Also there is one major thing that is different from the show. I won't say it because I don't want to spoil anyone.

You should check them out though.

raybec 4 10-31-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 8062795)

In dealing with a complete stranger and I have a bad leg, I can see how it would happen. One round left, can barely move they're gaining on me. Not a hard choice really.

aturnis 10-31-2011 12:35 PM

I was pissed as Shane and Otis were running. Otis might be fat, and but he hadn't done enough running at that point to render him incapable of running for his ****ing life and saving himself from being eaten alive. Same for Shane ankle. I don't care how tired you are, or how bad your ankle hurts, you will run for your life. You would literally have to run yourself pretty ragged in order to give up.

aturnis 10-31-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 8062809)
In dealing with a complete stranger and I have a bad leg, I can see how it would happen. One round left, can barely move they're gaining on me. Not a hard choice really.

Especially when you see that person as responsible for you being in the position you're in in the first place.

Lex Luthor 10-31-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 8062809)

:eek:
Remind me never to go on a mission in hostile territory with you as my wing man.

siberian khatru 10-31-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8062200)
Pretty good assessment of the show with some good suggestions for editing to the writing.

Dear "Walking Dead": Please shut up.
[The following recap of "The Walking Dead" season 2, episode 3 contains spoilers; read at your own risk.]
http://www.salon.com/2011/10/31/dear...lease_shut_up/

Spoiler!

I couldn't agree more with that.

About 20 minutes in last night, I was getting restless. Could maybe something HAPPEN, please? Let's start moving this story along.

Good payoff at the end.

Lex Luthor 10-31-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8062834)
Especially when you see that person as responsible for you being in the position you're in in the first place.

Maybe so, but Shane was surrounded by zombies just a few minutes before that, and it looked like he was going to be eaten until Otis showed up and shot a couple of them in the head. I was actually starting to like Otis.

Otter 10-31-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 8062848)
:eek:
Remind me never to go on a mission in hostile territory with you as my wing man.

ditto, and if I do I'll be sure to shoot first

"Hi, I'm Raybec, I'll be your win.." *BLAM*

aturnis 10-31-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 8062853)
Maybe so, but Shane was surrounded by zombies just a few minutes before that, and it looked like he was going to be eaten until Otis showed up and shot a couple of them in the head. I was actually starting to like Otis.

Yeah, but as much as Otis was huffing and puffing, he may have gone down and taken the supplies with him.

KC_Connection 10-31-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8062800)
Shane was looking out for his group. I think that's part of his conflict. He's unhappy where he is, but he's willing to do what he has to for them as long as he's there.

I think he was simply looking out for himself. He would have done the same thing whether Carl's life was in danger or not.

Chiefnj2 10-31-2011 01:44 PM

The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties

KC_Connection 10-31-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8062830)
I was pissed as Shane and Otis were running. Otis might be fat, and but he hadn't done enough running at that point to render him incapable of running for his ****ing life and saving himself from being eaten alive. Same for Shane ankle. I don't care how tired you are, or how bad your ankle hurts, you will run for your life. You would literally have to run yourself pretty ragged in order to give up.

I'd have to watch the scene again, but it looked like Otis was hanging back in order to help the limping Shane.

notorious 10-31-2011 02:09 PM

It's about time they had a good episode.

notorious 10-31-2011 02:14 PM

The doctor's daughter is hotter then bacon grease.

chasedude 10-31-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8063088)
The doctor's daughter is hotter then bacon grease.

Yup, I see the Asian kid hooking up with that at sometime.

notorious 10-31-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8063120)
Yup, I see the Asian kid hooking up with that at sometime.

Only on TV can that shit happen. :)

kcxiv 10-31-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8063132)
Only on TV can that shit happen. :)

Not totally true, but then again, they dont have an abundance of male and female's living to be picky. lol

They got very very very limited choices for getting some action.