ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

Chiefnj2 01-10-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9302773)
I had that same concern yesterday. I even made a thread comparing the Chiefs situation to the Dolphins in 2007 when they drafted Jake Long and passed on Matt Ryan. I bet they're still regretting that one.

The difference is that Ryan was still listed as a top 5 guy in almost all rankings. Right now, Geno is all over the place. Scouts Inc has him at 16 or 17. It may change, it may not, but at the end of the day if 90% of the "experts" don't have him in the top 10 then NFL teams may not take him in the top 5.

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302755)
I think you misread what I wrote.

He said Reid may not feel like he HAS to draft a QB at #1.

I said there aren't any reasonable scenarios that I can think of that justify passing on a QB with our first and ONLY #1 overall pick.

You're right, I did missunderstand

htismaqe 01-10-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302774)
I think the biggest scenario is if Reid and company don't think this years crop has a player worthy of that first rounder.

Then they're idiots.

We've had the #1 overall pick exactly once. There are no excuses. Get a QB.

ToxSocks 01-10-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302757)
It's not a role.

I've just heard too much.

I feel defeated.

I honestly think we're gonna draft Joeckel.

It's far too early for any assumptions. Let the combine play out and go from their. Right now, keep the faith. Remember that all these Joeckelites are idiots with fond memories of Roaf.

Saul Good 01-10-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302782)
The difference is that Ryan was still listed as a top 5 guy in almost all rankings. Right now, Geno is all over the place. Scouts Inc has him at 16 or 17. It may change, it may not, but at the end of the day if 90% of the "experts" don't have him in the top 10 then NFL teams may not take him in the top 5.

Doesn't matter. Teams don't suck because they miss out on Luke Joeckel in the draft. They suck because they pass on Aaron Rodgers.

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 11:16 AM

Well said Saul Good

Chief Roundup 01-10-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9302773)
I had that same concern yesterday. I even made a thread comparing the Chiefs situation to the Dolphins in 2007 when they drafted Jake Long and passed on Matt Ryan. I bet they're still regretting that one.

I kind of doubt that to me Ryan is pretty meh. Sure is pretty good but how good is he really when you look at the weapons around him. When a QB has the likes of Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony G, and Michael Turner they should be killing people every time they play.
I don't think there is a QB in the league that has a better overall supporting cast than Ryan has had over the last few years.

tooge 01-10-2013 11:19 AM

Even if Reid has a big fat hardon for Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, or any other QB, he's not going to tip his hand at all. He's saying what I would expect him to say.

Chiefnj2 01-10-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9302823)
Doesn't matter. Teams don't suck because they miss out on Luke Joeckel in the draft. They suck because they pass on Aaron Rodgers.

If they pass on Rogers it's a mistake. By the same token, teams don't get better by drafting Sanchez or Gabbert.

I'd be happy if KC ended up with Smith, Wilson or Bray. If they can get Joeckel and Wilson, then the more power to them.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302849)
If they pass on Rogers it's a mistake. By the same token, teams don't get better by drafting Sanchez or Gabbert.

I'd be happy if KC ended up with Smith, Wilson or Bray. If they can get Joeckel and Wilson, then the more power to them.

Teams don't get worse by drafting a Blaine Gabbert either. Furthermore, they don't get better by drafting top linemen either.

The Jags took Eugene Monroe 1-8 and Tyson Alualu 1-10.

With Blaine Gabbert, they both SUCK.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9302837)
Even if Reid has a big fat hardon for Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, or any other QB, he's not going to tip his hand at all. He's saying what I would expect him to say.

We don't have the 5th pick, we have the FIRST pick.

There's absolutely no competitive advantage in keeping secrets.

FringeNC 01-10-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302862)

Unless he wants to roll the dice, and trade down, hoping the guy he REALLY likes is still available. Risk/reward is probably not worth it, though.

Chief Roundup 01-10-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302862)

Sure there is. Reid is not done with evaluations of the players in the draft and in FA. Reid is considering a trade and wants to find out who others want.

RealSNR 01-10-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302849)

Joeckel, Lewan or ANY tackle doesn't remotely enter into any kind of team improvement for the Chiefs.

When you already have THE ANSWER sitting right in front of you, requiring you only to engage in some contract talks, then you do that. Do NOT waste your #1 overall pick.

I said this earlier, but if the top 5 QBs in this draft died in a fire tomorrow, it appears that there is really only one acceptable option for the Chiefs to pursue with that #1 overall pick, and that's by going with Damontre Moore or Bjoern Werner. And while they submit the pick for those two, I would be holding my nose and crying at the same time for God cursing me for my life as a Chiefs fan.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9302584)
Well can Clark afford a fan revolt again? Drafting a QB will cause this fanbase to meltdown.

How do you figure? Drafting a QB should cause this fan base( even the reeruned ones )to rejoice.

BigMeatballDave 01-10-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9302929)
How do you figure? Drafting a QB should cause this fan base( even the reeruned ones )to rejoice.

You're forgetting that a large portion of it is ****ing stupid.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9302954)

LMAO I said "even the reeruns"!!!!

Saul Good 01-10-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9302885)
Joeckel, Lewan or ANY tackle doesn't remotely enter into any kind of team improvement for the Chiefs.

When you already have THE ANSWER sitting right in front of you, requiring you only to engage in some contract talks, then you do that. Do NOT waste your #1 overall pick.

I said this earlier, but if the top 5 QBs in this draft died in a fire tomorrow, it appears that there is really only one acceptable option for the Chiefs to pursue with that #1 overall pick, and that's by going with Damontre Moore or Bjoern Werner. And while they submit the pick for those two, I would be holding my nose and crying at the same time for God cursing me for my life as a Chiefs fan.

Smith
Barkley
Bray
Glennon
Wilson

If they all die tomorrow, McCarronn declares, and I STILL draft a QB first.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9302954)

Those stupid ones are like DEB ALL CAPS and you know damn well they'd support the team if they hired Dr. Phil as head coach and brought Matt Cassel back for 4 more years.

Drafting a QB is a win-win for Clark. The only portion of the fanbase that is up for grabs is US.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9303118)
Those stupid ones are like DEB ALL CAPS and you know damn well they'd support the team if they hired Dr. Phil as head coach and brought Matt Cassel back for 4 more years.

Drafting a QB is a win-win for Clark. The only portion of the fanbase that is up for grabs is US.

LMAO

I touched on this once:

Quote:

CP has proven over the years that we know EXACTLY what the **** is right, correct, perfect, and needs to ****ing happen.
I will defer to NO GM.

That mother****er will defer to ME.

O.city 01-10-2013 09:02 PM

I actually starting to talk myself into Wilson maybe being the pick.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9304288)
I actually starting to talk myself into Wilson maybe being the pick.

He will have to have to be top notch the next few months for this to happen...

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-10-2013 09:14 PM

Tyler Wilson Passes Geno Smith on January Big Board for 2013 NFL Draft
By Garrett Baker on January 8, 2013

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2013-nfl-draft

26. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
Wilson takes over as the top quarterback on the board. Geno Smith just continued falling throughout the season as he struggled against good defenses, and his wide receivers showed more and more that they contributed a lot to Smith's success. Wilson battled through a tough season in Arkansas and his potential shows consistently on tape. Previous: 28

28. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
Smith had occupied the top quarterback spot for the past couple months, but I was never a huge fan of Smith. As his play continued to deteriorate and his team continued to lose, Smith's value dropped more and more. His poor play in the Pinstripe Bowl loss to Syracuse was the final straw. Previous: 27

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 09:37 PM

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy
Wilson's stats are interesting. Had a much better season as a Junior than as a Senior. Less TDs, more INTs. Less sacks tho, more YPA

From stats only, I'm guessing Wilson has had OL issues both years and he sped up his game in his senior season.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-10-2013 09:41 PM

Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson...I don't care which one it is. Just pull the trigger.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 09:42 PM

Ick. I don't like Wilson's arm slot already. Still delivers the ball strong and clean but dropping the arm/elbow is a pet peeve of mine

HolyHat 01-10-2013 09:45 PM

Wilson is a good option....if we draft a QB in the 2nd round

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9304407)

Shows what you know about this QB class if you think he will drop to the second round.

It actually explains a lot...thanks.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-10-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Wilson will be a first round pick.

crossbow 01-10-2013 09:47 PM

I am warming up to the guy. People say he has moxy and a never quit attitude. They also say Geno goes into a shell when things go bad. Gonna let Reid figure it out. He gets the big bucks for that. I would be happy with either one but I am leaning toward Wilson now.

O.city 01-10-2013 09:48 PM

[IMG]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q6PI0L7-xnk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]

One of Wilson's biggest games this year. He just wasn't impressive, IMO. Completed 2 balls the whole game over 9 yards.

I am a pretty big Hogs football fan and I like Wilson alot, but he's gonna have to have a monster next 2 months.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-10-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

You could argue that Wilson has more potential than Smith. For me, it's like tomato, tamato. I'm good with either.

crossbow 01-10-2013 09:50 PM

You never can be certain of what happens in the draft but I would doubt Wilson makes it out of the 1st round with 5 teams wanting to upgrade the position.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9304419)

One of Wilson's biggest games this year. He just wasn't impressive, IMO. Completed 2 balls the whole game over 9 yards.

I am a pretty big Hogs football fan and I like Wilson alot, but he's gonna have to have a monster next 2 months.

Is this why you are starting to 'lean' towards Wilson...? You seem to stick up a lot for Geno...but lean towards Wilson?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 09:54 PM

First impression of Tyler Wilson is good. Certainly looks the part.Strong build,stands tall in pocket, long drops,needs to clean up footwork

Wilson is a bit of a gun slinger. He makes solid reads, takes a few chances, and trusts his arm. Good zip on ball but trajectories are bad

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-10-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9304436)
First impression of Tyler Wilson is good. Certainly looks the part.Strong build,stands tall in pocket, long drops,needs to clean up footwork

Wilson is a bit of a gun slinger. He makes solid reads, takes a few chances, and trusts his arm. Good zip on ball but trajectories are bad

Reid has his new Favre.

HolyHat 01-10-2013 09:56 PM

The only way Andy Reid takes Tyler Wilson is if he paints himself chocolate

O.city 01-10-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9304434)
Is this why you are starting to 'lean' towards Wilson...? You seem to stick up a lot for Geno...but lean towards Wilson?

Don't really know why I have to chose one or the other. I like both, I tend to like certain things about Geno better, conversely I like things Wilson does better.

I like Wilson's demeanor a little better, but he's not close in accuracy to Geno. I think Wilson's arm is stronger, but he doesn't have a good hold on depth as Geno does.

Wilson doesn't attack downfield as much, gets alot of yards from YAC, but Geno does as well.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9304439)
Reid has his new Favre.

That's what I am hoping...

Wilson is a midwest kind of guy. I think he would be popular with this fan base here.

AussieChiefsFan 01-10-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8913111)
Anyway...post all things TW and draft him [Damnit] Scott!! :cuss:

Could be time to change this.

O.city 01-10-2013 09:58 PM

Wilson also plays in an offense where he is asked to make reads, Geno isn't. Hence the number difference. Wilson also isn't as accurate.

In the end, I'm not sure Wilson has quite the upside as Geno, but it is close.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 09:58 PM

Wilson is accurate enough, but doesn't put the ball in the ideal place most of the time. This could lead to serious trouble in the NFL.

O.city 01-10-2013 10:00 PM

I'd also temper thoughts on what a guy is saying that dipshit Nick Jacobs is retweeting. He's a pure Wilson guy and openly admits he doesn't like Geno, at all. Thinks he's the 4 best QB in this class.

HolyHat 01-10-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9304452)
Wilson is accurate enough, but doesn't put the ball in the ideal place most of the time. This could lead to serious trouble in the NFL.

It's great that you are posting other people's thoughts on these guys....do you have any of your own input?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:00 PM

I am by no means saying Wilson is Aaron Rodgers, but his play kinda reminds me of him. Slings it around and not afraid to take chances.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9304456)
I'd also temper thoughts on what a guy is saying that dipshit Nick Jacobs is retweeting. He's a pure Wilson guy and openly admits he doesn't like Geno, at all. Thinks he's the 4 best QB in this class.

He just gave Geno good reviews...go to the Geno thread, I posted them in there.

He reviews all QBs.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:01 PM

He holds the ball low. And he can get it from belly button to cocked really quickly like Rodgers.

O.city 01-10-2013 10:02 PM

Yeah, I saw them. He was hard on Geno for the UT game, a game where he was actually really good against pressure.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9304457)
It's great that you are posting other people's thoughts on these guys....do you have any of your own input?

Nope.

Thanks for your contribution tho...

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9304466)
Yeah, I saw them. He was hard on Geno for the UT game, a game where he was actually really good against pressure.

He's been hard on Tyler too...so....

Ick. I don't like Wilson's arm slot already. Still delivers the ball strong and clean but dropping the arm/elbow is a pet peeve of mine

Wilson tends to hold the ball too long and bails out of the pocket a lot. I think that's more an OL issue, but needs to be noted for sure.

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9304466)

he was great against texas, and had to overcome his defense giving up 45 points...which he did, on the road

HolyHat 01-10-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9304467)
Nope.

Thanks for your contribution tho...

I have a twitter account too, but I don't base my opinions on players off what others say.

I'm not trying to call you out but give us some of your own thoughts on the guy

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9304477)
I have a twitter account too, but I don't base my opinions on players off what others say.

I'm not trying to call you out but give us some of your own thoughts on the guy

Sure...

They are posted here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693

What's the harm posting someone else's views and sparking conversations on them...?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:08 PM

Wilson really doesn't appear to have much talent around him. I think this is something that has really hurt him. Don't like his deep ball.

O.city 01-10-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9304472)
He's been hard on Tyler too...so....

Wilson tends to hold the ball too long and bails out of the pocket a lot. I think that's more an OL issue, but needs to be noted for sure.

He creates an excuse for Wilson's poor pocket presence, not being hard on him.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9304486)
He creates an excuse for Wilson's poor pocket presence, not being hard on him.

O.city 01-10-2013 10:11 PM

And to be honest, I don't really think Wilson fits in Reid's offense as well as Smith. I don't think he's accurate enough.

O.city 01-10-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9304494)

Was specifically talking about that single tweet. Not all of them.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9304499)
Was specifically talking about that single tweet. Not all of them.

Wilson is going to look bad in the NFL early on due to risk taking and accuracy. It's going to be important to see how he handles that.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:13 PM

It's not all stickers and kittens for him....but you will convince yourself otherwise.

O.city 01-10-2013 10:16 PM

I also thought in that film I posted, Wilson made a lot of good throws under pressure that his WR's dropped.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:21 PM

A couple more for you O:

The more I watch, the more Wilson's accuracy concerns me. Has issues reading intermediate to deep middle of the field.

Needs to land w/ right team or Wilson will throw ton of INTs & has high chance to be a bust

HolyHat 01-10-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9304527)
Needs to land w/ right team or Wilson will throw ton of INTs & has high chance to be a bust

:p

RunKC 01-10-2013 10:32 PM

Every QB in this draft class needs to go to a team with a good coaching staff.

keg in kc 01-10-2013 10:33 PM

Every QB in every draft class needs to go to a team with a good coaching staff.

Chief Roundup 01-10-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9304549)

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9304552)

It would appear that we have that covered. :thumb:

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:41 PM

RT @nhaguewo10: who do you like more geno or tyler? >>Tough ?. Both are decent prospects but need development. Think Wilson's ceiling higher

Wilson: Good reads, inaccurate. Geno: 1 read, very accurate. ...Depends on which skill you think is more valuable.

HolyHat 01-10-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9304549)

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9304552)

Every good coaching staff needs to go to a team with a good QB in every draft class...:p:spock::p:pROFL

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9304456)

Dipshit Nick just tweeted this...

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
@NFLosophy I saw a couple NFL throws from Geno in the ISU game where he really drilled the ball. A couple WOWs in OU/TEX.

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9304567)
RT @nhaguewo10: who do you like more geno or tyler? >>Tough ?. Both are decent prospects but need development. Think Wilson's ceiling higher

Wilson: Good reads, inaccurate. Geno: 1 read, very accurate. ...Depends on which skill you think is more valuable.

putting aside the 1 read myth

did he really just ask which skill is more valuable? inaccurate vs accurate?

making 47 reads and than throwing an inaccurate pass is a comparable skill to...making the right read and throwing accurate passes?

RunKC 01-10-2013 11:09 PM

Really like this scouting report of Tyler Wilson, even if it was from a year ago.

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting...-tyler-wilson/

ADDED JUL 12, 2012, UNDER: QUARTERBACKS,SCOUTING
If there’s a quarterback out there who displays more toughness and willingness to hang in the pocket, and take a shot, than Arkansas’ Tyler Wilson, I’ve never seen him. Wilson, the latest in a long line of Bobby Petrino pedigreed quarterbacks, may very well have been his best to date. While he lacks the elite arm strength of his predecessor, Ryan Mallett, other areas of his game more than compensate.
Size: Listed at 6’3″ 220 Wilson brings prototypical NFL size at the quarterbacking position to the table. There were some reports out recently that had suggested he was taped at 6’1″ but from personal experience I find these reports to be highly suspect.
Arm Strength: While he doesn’t posses the elite arm strength of his predecessor at Arkansas, Ryan Mallett, Wilson does have the requisite arm to complete passes to all nine routes on the route tree, including the vaunted deep out. He possesses above average velocity on his passes, and has the ability to complete passes he shouldn’t from off his back foot.
Accuracy: Wilson is a very accurate passer, who does an excellent job of placing the ball where only his receiver will have a play on it. He at times, under pressure, has struggled to place the ball in front of his receivers (in stride) on crossing routes, negating chances at bigger gains, and will on occasion short (or “hang”) a deep ball; but for the most part puts the ball where only his receivers can make a play on it.
Mechanical: There is certainly work to be done here. Wilson has a propensity for throwing off of his back foot when under pressure that will need to be corrected as he transitions to the NFL. Otherwise he’s pretty solid. Keeps a good base, has a tight compact delivery, spins the ball cleanly, and stand upright in the pocket even in the face of some vicious hits.
Mobility: Perhaps one of the more underrated aspects of Wilson’s game is his mobility. He appears very comfortable off of bootleg play action, and has no trouble using his feet to buy time, or pick up yardage. The tape on the first half of the 2011 Arkansas/LSU game really gives the viewer a good idea of his deceptive foot speed.
Pre/Post Snap Reads: Prior to the snap, Wilson does a great job of diagnosing mismatches and defensive coverages, though he seems to have trouble identifying disguised corner blitzes. Tape of 2011 games against Auburn, Miss St., and LSU all showed Wilson failing to identify the blitzing corner and taking sacks and/or fumbling the football. Post snap he dissects defenses pretty well, though will, on occasion lock on to a receiver, especially on shallow or mid crossing routes, a staple of the Arkansas playbook. His poise in the pocket, and willingness to stand tall and take a hit are unmatched by any other QB in this class.
Intangibles/Character: Another area where I fell Wilson really separates himself from his peers in the coming class, is his off the charts intangibles. A consummate student of the game and film junkie, Wilson is described as a leader in the clubhouse (in the wake of the post Bobby Petrino scandal and firing, Wilson kept several teammates from quitting, and rallied others to recommit to winning the coming season for the team, university, and fans rather than the departed coach) at every turn. His toughness and moxie show on the field, have earned him the respect of his teammates, and that quality will shine through at the next level.
Overall I view Tyler Wilson as the top draft eligible quarterback going into the 2012-13 season. He will have adversity to overcome this coming season with the loss of his top three wide receivers (Joe Adams is now with the Panthers, Greg Childs and Jarius Wright are now with Minnesota), and the departure of his head coach. It will be interesting to see in the coming months, both how Wilson handles that and what heights he rises to in season and in the draft.

keg in kc 01-11-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9304615)
Really like this scouting report of Tyler Wilson, even if it was from a year ago.

:doh!:

wazu 01-11-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9304602)
putting aside the 1 read myth

did he really just ask which skill is more valuable? inaccurate vs accurate?

making 47 reads and than throwing an inaccurate pass is a comparable skill to...making the right read and throwing accurate passes?

Looking at Geno's sick, insane passing stats - if he's somehow doing that without making more than one read, then he pretty much has superpowers.

htismaqe 01-11-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9304567)

http://www.themightyginge.com/blog/w...03/LOL-WUT.jpg

CoMoChief 01-11-2013 08:41 AM

Wilson is the better QB vs him and Geno.

htismaqe 01-11-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9305019)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9oPBWsX-AY

Mr_Tomahawk 01-11-2013 09:05 AM

Dave Barr‏@daveabarr

Scouts think that Tyler Wilson #Arkansas could be the sleeper at QB in draft. He could blossom quickly once reaching the #NFL - @RUSSLANDE

htismaqe 01-11-2013 09:55 AM

Russ Lande isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Nightfyre 01-11-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

This is the most conclusive Geno > Wilson argument I have seen yet.

RealSNR 01-11-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

If you really do like Tyler Wilson, you shouldn't say it out loud. You're poison to everything in the universe