ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

alnorth 12-01-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9167218)
If this were a popular QB Goodell would reschedule the game.

Pioli, Romeo and whoever else witnessed the event need some time off and some professional help.

We're talking about a murderer. Belcher is not a victim. He should not be memorialized in any way. They should have a moment of silence only for those he hurt, and then try to forget about him. If Romeo cant coach tomorrow (understandable), let the assistants handle it.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9167218)
If this were a popular QB Goodell would reschedule the game.

Pioli, Romeo and whoever else witnessed the event need some time off and some professional help.

1000000x this.

This game should not be played under no conditions tomorrow.

Cannibal 12-01-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9167235)
she is right on that count, there are numerous instances.

Even if it's true, it has ZERO to do with Belcher offing himself.

RealSNR 12-01-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167207)
Ignore button, meet PGM. Use it dude and stop :deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

Nobody ever asked you to get banned when you do this shit during the season.

At a time like THIS, you're getting on your unstable soap box and preaching to us. If you're serious, then you're ****ing reeruned. If you're trolling, then you deserve to be banned for a year.

Which one is it, bitch?

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167239)
wow

Not confirmed, but likely. Also Perkins wasn't DOA. I don't know her status at this time though.

HolyHat 12-01-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9167215)
Making jokes in a serious thread is a bannable offense. This is not a prayer thread. Still is borderline. Why do you need to push the envelope in this thread?

Oh settle down, I was taking a shot at ESPN and how they will completely blow this thing out of the water now that they have there hands on it.

I apologize if it came off differently

Stanley Nickels 12-01-2012 11:36 AM

Dexter McCluster ‏@dextermccluster
Times like this you have to pray!!! I love you man, brothers for life!!!! #chiefs

Rams Fan 12-01-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9167233)
Oh go **** yourself. Earlier reports said that Pioli was arguing with him.... Get off your self sanctimonious high horse.

Why is it that we assume the worst out of people? Why can't we just for once-ONCE- assume that people actually try to do good rather than bad?

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 11:37 AM

It was Belcher's mother. From the Star:

Quote:

Police Capt. David Lindaman said Belcher, 25, and his girlfriend, 22, got into an argument around 7 a.m. at their home in the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue in Kansas City. Around 7:50 a.m., Lindaman said, Belcher shot his girlfriend multiple times. She was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Lindaman said Belcher’s mother, who was visiting the couple and their 3-month-old daughter, witnessed the shooting and was being interviewed by police.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01...#storylink=cpy

KurtCobain 12-01-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9167228)
I agree with you, but with previous instances of players being killed for the Redskins and Broncos during the season with no games being canceled or rescheduled for the deaths, I don't think it will be rescheduled.

this incident was at the facility 24 hours before the game

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167236)
So the owner of the Chiefs should adopt the baby over any potential loving family members because A) they're rich and B) Belcher was employed by the team?

correct. see my post about should/could.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niblet (Post 9167240)
Where'd you hear this?

Unconfirmed, but from medical staffing treating.

Sorter 12-01-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167195)
Word is he found out the baby was not his.

Hopefully the biological father steps up.

Source?

Edit: NVM

RealSNR 12-01-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9167241)
We're talking about a murderer. Belcher is not a victim. He should not be memorialized in any way. They should have a moment of silence only for those he hurt, and then try to forget about him. If Romeo cant coach tomorrow (understandable), let the assistants handle it.

Again, what about the players? Belcher had to have had close friends on the team. What about them?

mikeyis4dcats. 12-01-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9167243)
Even if it's true, it has ZERO to do with Belcher offing himself.

didn't say it did.

Stanley Nickels 12-01-2012 11:38 AM

Jerheme Urban ‏@JerhemeUrban83
My heart is hurting for everyone in #ChiefsNation. My former teammates, coaches, fans, and especially the family. Praying for all of you!

redngold58 12-01-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9167074)
I think that, along with not passing judgment on players and/or coaches, we shouldn't pass judgment on each other either. Some outlandish things being said here for sure, but people are kind of shocked and everyone processes information differently. Just let people say their peace and move on. Nothing that ANY of us thinks matters right now. Everything is just speculation until all of the facts are put together by the professionals.

luv's got it right. No need to attack each other in this.

alnorth 12-01-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9167242)
1000000x this.

This game should not be played under no conditions tomorrow.

I disagree. If Belcher had instead been arrested and charged with murder, the game would obviously be played.

Maybe Romeo wont be able to work tomorrow, and thats fine, but why should we cancel a game because a murderer decided to off himself?

Bearcat 12-01-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9167177)
Meme has done more shitting in one thread than blackbob ever did.

You did a pretty good job shitting all over this thread, too.

Chiefnj2 12-01-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Where did I say Belcher should be memorialized? And no, they shouldn't forget about him. How about try to identify what went wrong so maybe something like this can be avoided in the future?

I still feel that if this were Brady or Manning the NFL's reaction would be different.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167251)
correct. see my post about should/could.

There are a great many uncared children whose parents are Chief's fans. Are the Hunts obligated to them as well?

Pitt Gorilla 12-01-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9167216)
Who the hell has wished death on a player? Which player? Link?

I would hope no one on here wished death on any player, even in jest. I mean, we're a pretty stupid fan base, but I would hope we aren't that stupid.

morphius 12-01-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167245)
Not confirmed, but likely. Also Perkins wasn't DOA. I don't know her status at this time though.

That was my first thought as to why.

DrunkBassGuitar 12-01-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9167200)
We don't even know if this was a mental issue at all.

Keep in mind his did kill someone first. Maybe he didn't want to face the consequences.

I'm just saying we don't know

Right, I agree that's why I said maybe. But it wouldn't surprise me if he had some kind of underlying issue.

the nfl does need to cancel tomorrow's game and make sure that every player, coach and facility worker gets as much time with a grief counselor and therapists as they need. because i cannot fathom being in pioli's or RAC's shoes right now

Sorter 12-01-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9167258)
I disagree. If Belcher had instead been arrested and charged with murder, the game would obviously be played.

Maybe Romeo wont be able to work tomorrow, and thats fine, but why should we cancel a game because a murderer decided to off himself?

Probably because of how and where it occurred, as well as the company of people who were present.

KCUnited 12-01-2012 11:39 AM

There have been other tragedies, but I can't think of one like this that occurred at the actual facility, outside of Katrina people dying in the Super Dome of course. Sure to be an eery tailgate if they play this thing.

Messier 12-01-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9167247)
Dexter McCluster ‏@dextermccluster
Times like this you have to pray!!! I love you man, brothers for life!!!! #chiefs

Yikes. Someone might want to tell the players this is a bad time to state their love for Belcher.

Stanley Nickels 12-01-2012 11:39 AM

Le'Ron McClain ‏@LeRon_McClain33
Man Stop and say a prayer for the KC Chiefs family... Sad day #sweater

Hootie 12-01-2012 11:39 AM

Well no ****ing shit if this were Brady or Manning it would be different lol lol lol

GoChargers 12-01-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9167250)
this incident was at the facility 24 hours before the game

In front of the coach, too. If there were ever a time to cancel a game, this would be it. Do the right thing, Roger... how can he expect the players and coaches to take the field so soon after a tragedy like this?

Chief Roundup 12-01-2012 11:40 AM

Wow there are some true colors shining through in this thread. Some of you are not acting rationally and are jumping to judgment.

Denise go back to stalking Gannon. You are one of the biggest pieces of shit I have seen on this place ever.
Nobody here likes you or respects you, and no one ever will. Why don't you save everyone the trouble of putting you on ignore and just leave. Don't go away mad just go away.

The Franchise 12-01-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9167169)
Let's not forget about Jovan's mother. She witnessed the shooting on Crysler, according to reports.

Friends, family and teammates are going to have a tough enough time with this.

Actually witnessing it?

You're right, they'll never be the same.

After this.....I don't think Romeo will be here another season. He's getting up there in age and this may have been the final straw. Shit like this takes a lot out of a person.

Inspector 12-01-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

I heard on the radio that some assistants witnessed Belcher shoot himself. They may also be mesed up for awhile.

We were decorating the Christmas tree with the grandkids, didn't even know this happened until one of my sons called to tell us.

Aidan 12-01-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9167262)
I would hope no one on here wished death on any player, even in jest. I mean, we're a pretty stupid fan base, but I would hope we aren't that stupid.

There have been numerous who wished it on Cassel during game threads, i have proof.

Hootie 12-01-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9167267)
Yikes. Someone might want to tell the players this is a bad time to state their love for Belcher.

Disagree.

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Why?

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9167253)
Source?

Edit: NVM

Sorry, I cannot confirm. It is merely the conversation of two people who are medically trained and working a facility for Perkins.

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167261)
There are a great many uncared children whose parents are Chief's fans. Are the Hunts obligated to them as well?

quit using a straw man. i mis spoke. they are under no obligation asshole

SPATCH 12-01-2012 11:40 AM

The humanity is too much for me to bear, right now. The complexity. The tragic humanity of it...

Messier 12-01-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9167276)
Why?

Because he murdered someone.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9167259)
You did a pretty good job shitting all over this thread, too.

Sorry, did I insult your girlfriend?

How? Not giving sympathy to a murderer?

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 9167264)
Right, I agree that's why I said maybe. But it wouldn't surprise me if he had some kind of underlying issue.

the nfl does need to cancel tomorrow's game and make sure that every player, coach and facility worker gets as much time with a grief counselor and therapists as they need. because i cannot fathom being in pioli's or RAC's shoes right now

The Panthers have been told to fly out as scheduled.

Bearcat 12-01-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9167249)
It was Belcher's mother. From the Star:

Like others have said, can't imagine what kind of mental state he must have been in, and with your mother right there.... :(

BWillie 12-01-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9167185)
Didn't know that about his mom. I feel completely awful for the families of both people, plus the newborn. Just horrid.

Newborn will likely not have to grow up in a derranged family and with a psychotic dad. Id say the newborn is the least affected assuming he/she goes to a good home. This was obviously a dysfunctional relationship. If the kid was older it would be ALOT different though

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector (Post 9167273)
I heard on the radio that some assistants witnessed Belcher shoot himself. They may also be mesed up for awhile.

We were decorating the Christmas tree with the grandkids, didn't even know this happened until one of my sons called to tell us.

Yup, in most cases, coaches spend so much time around players that they are more their family than their own. I can't even imagine what it would be like for coaches who not only have to grieve about it, but have the trauma of seeing it happened. It's heartbreaking to even imagine anyone having to go through that.

KurtCobain 12-01-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9167281)

we still don't know the details have respect

jAZ 12-01-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

They are people. He was a loved one. It's an unimaginable situation.

The players get a pass on their reactions, IMO.

In58men 12-01-2012 11:42 AM

A lot of dumb mother****ers in this thread

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidan (Post 9167274)
There have been numerous who wished it on Cassel during game threads, i have proof.

Well, aren't you just a precious little Sherlock Holmes

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167278)
quit using a straw man. i mis spoke. they are under no obligation asshole

Rein yourself in, Sparky. No reason to get rude. I was just explaining why your reasoning is flawed.

Lzen 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

I think people sometimes do rash things when they are in a poor mental state. Perhaps that was the deal with Belcher. Maybe someday we get the whole story of what was going through his head. Anyway, this vid doesn't make me think of JB as a bad person. Just the opposite, actually.

I don't know whether some people will hate this, but I'm gonna post it anyway.

<object><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/618974567899"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/618974567899" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1"></embed></object>

Canofbier 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9167203)
Bullshit.

You can't possibly know this. For all we know the movement had either a neutral or positive influence on player stress levels. You're desperate to attach the events to SOC and there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that you should.

Nor, I would be willing to bet, will there ever be any.

Calm down. I never even directed the blame for the miscommunication on you; it's evident that I didn't word things sensitively enough given the emotional state of most people in this thread, myself included.

I've been a strong supporter of the SOC movement since its inception (and I still am), and I've promoted it among all of my friends and coworkers (and I still will). I've said more than once that SOC isn't to blame for this event, and this will be the last time I repeat it. I have no interest in stifling the movement as a result of this incident.

I was speculating on the circumstances and motivations of the shooting, and then reflecting on how it made me feel. If it doesn't change your feelings or attitudes towards the team, then great. It did for me. You can either accept that and move on, or continue to insult my intelligence and character; I don't care which. I've taken the opportunity to repeat my thoughts in what is hopefully a clear and moderate fashion, and it will be the last I have to say on the matter.

Messier 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9167287)
we still don't know the details have respect

Is what happened in dispute?

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

Apparently the NFL is telling the Panther players to travel to KC as normal

Lionel 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

How would you be able to pull both of them aside is that something that's normal at practices?

I don't know how I could handle it if I saw someone kill themselves in front of me. I would take it personal.

Rausch 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Some of them weren't there.

They just woke up and heard that their teammate was dead...

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 11:44 AM

Sure be nice for people to wait for all the facts before they run on with a bunch of emotionally laced diatribes.

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9167281)

He's also a human being who lost his life. If my friend lost his life, it would shake me the hell up, no matter what he or she may have done. I think it's ridiculous to suggest that a friend and teammate shouldn't be allowed to grieve for Belcher.

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167292)
Rein yourself in, Sparky. No reason to get rude. I was just explaining why your reasoning is flawed.

by using my incorrect words rather than my idea.

would the hunts adopting the child not be a humanitarian act? also provide the best resouces for the child to succeed?

Lumpy 12-01-2012 11:44 AM

Damn. :(

I just skimmed the thread and I'm in shock by this. What would possess Belcher to do it?

My heart goes out to the ones affected. Especially those that witnessed the event.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167303)

would the hunts adopting the child not be a humanitarian act?

just let it go

DrunkBassGuitar 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167283)
The Panthers have been told to fly out as scheduled.

damn. that will be very ****ed up if they have to play. as a fan I've kind of struggled with the players giving up so much of their health for the game. it's so violent, but i still watch. i know that players suffer from a whole host of problems after retirement, but i still watch. but if after something like this, if they still have to play then I don't know. I don't know if I can still be an nfl fan if that happens. it's just too much to ask of the players and the coaches.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

Romeo and company will never be the same again after witnessing this.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9167258)

If someone offed themselves at your workplace in front of a bunch of people would your work still make you come to work the next day?

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167290)
A lot of dumb mother****ers in this thread

Because we don't like murderers?

Chief_For_Life58 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

this is horrible. rip belch...I pray for your family and your child

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167297)

did that denver bronco kill himself during the season? i cannot remember

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionel (Post 9167298)
How would you be able to pull both of them aside is that something that's normal at practices?

I don't know how I could handle it if I saw someone kill themselves in front of me. I would take it personal.

maybe they just happened to be the ones already there.

Maybe he called them on his cell phone

we just don't know

lcarus 12-01-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

would the hunts adopting the child not be a humanitarian act? also provide the best resouces for the child to succeed?

Yeah man but you're assuming the kid doesn't already have remaining family members that love it and want to raise it and take care of it.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9167308)
Romeo and company will never be the same again after witnessing this.

very possible

GoChargers 12-01-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167297)

Typical Goodell. Money over everything. :rolleyes:

In58men 12-01-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9167310)
Because we don't like murderers?

But if it was your kid you would want to the reasoning first before you label him/her as a murderer. If you're son wasn't sane at the time would you forgive him? Would go around and call him a murderer? He's not our kid so it makes so much easier for you to call him a murderer. Do know how his brain was functioning at the time?

Rausch 12-01-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167309)
If someone offed themselves at your workplace in front of a bunch of people would your work still make you come to work the next day?

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2003/jul2003/mis-j04.shtml

scho63 12-01-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redngold58 (Post 9167257)
luv's got it right. No need to attack each other in this.

:thumb::thumb:

Cephalic Trauma 12-01-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Just stop

Agent V 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

The abyss is sure staring back in this thread.

I_AM_Chief 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

This season just keeps getting worse. This is awful, won't get into the selfishness of this act
so sad.

Messier 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9167302)
He's also a human being who lost his life. If my friend lost his life, it would shake me the hell up, no matter what he or she may have done. I think it's ridiculous to suggest that a friend and teammate shouldn't be allowed to grieve for Belcher.

I'm just saying, for now, I'd stay off twitter for anything other than prayers for the family.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Yes, and yes. If we are assuming that money is the sole reason for raising a child.

Unfortunately, it is only a single minor facet in the development of a human being.

jallmon 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

Sad. Prayers for the little one.