ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

crossbow 01-02-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9268338)
Exactly. Manning is 36, how long does he realistically have before the frankenstein screws keeping his head to his neck fall off? Phillip Rivers is on the backslide of his career, and Palmer might be done. If I were reid, this is THE golden opportunity to own a whole division for a decade. Niners has have a young talented team, the seahawks, the same, hell even the rams will actually compete every now and then. He should be at that age where a legacy matters to him.

Palmer suffered severe rib injuries at his last game and may be done.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...ith-rib-injury

Deberg_1990 01-02-2013 12:36 PM

What happened with all the Bill Cowher rumors? Has he even mentioned he wants to return to coaching?

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9268346)
If he went to Arizona you'd have Reid, Harbaugh, Fischer, and Carroll coaching in that division. :eek:

In reality, it's not all that much removed from what he's faced over the years in the NFC East with Joe Gibbs, Shanahan, Coughlin, Phillips, etc.

I expect Andy Reid to go where he feels most comfortable, regardless of the division and/or conference. He's in total control of his destiny.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9268298)
I remember back when John Elway was in his prime...nobody had a chance at the AFCW....oh wait.

The AFCW is impossible to steal with Manning in town. Or fall back-asswards into.

But it's not impossible to win. You have to actually have a good team to do it now, which is good for the level of play in KC.

Exacty.

People still don't get that 2010 was smoke and mirrors.

This division is easy to win; Denver did it last year at 8-8.

The only 'complete' teams they played this year (Atl, Hou, and NE) are the 3 games they lost.

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9268360)
What happened with all the Bill Cowher rumors? Has he even mentioned he wants to return to coaching?

What rumors? The only speculation I've seen about Cowher is on Chiefsplanet.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

I still believe Cowher is Clark's first choice.

But he can't wait around for him forever.

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9268280)
And before someone makes the comment that we'd know about an extension because the contract as to be approved by the league...

It's 4 years later and we STILL don't know ANYTHING about Pioli's ORIGINAL contract.

It's been assumed 5 years, and assumed he's the highest paid GM.

But the details have never been reported, so it shouldn't be some mystery as to how this extension was kept under wraps.

You know what happens when you assume?:):hmmm:

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

I think he is enjoying his cushy job in the studio.

He won't come back to coaching unless the is about to lose his job on camera.

jmo

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 01-02-2013 12:38 PM

Bill's personal life and money demands are both very high. Clark really wants Reid if he gassed up the jet and flew to Philly. Probably brought a blank contract and a blank check and will make Andy sign it with a stolen pen from the Waldorf Astoria or something.

TEX 01-02-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9268352)
AFC West is a much easier win going forward

2 years and Manning is going and we don't have a single QB worth a shit in the division.

gotta figure that Rivers is gone by then as well ... one way or another.

Who says Manning is going in two years? The same folks that said he would suck this season?

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9268367)
You know what happens when you assume?:):hmmm:

Romeo?

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 9268340)
I will give you Pioli but not the others. Haley was so hot we hired him in what Feb?

His team was in the Super Bowl, dipshit; we COULDN'T hire him until Feb.

:banghead:

ChiefRocka 01-02-2013 12:40 PM

I heard they will hire Reid as he will fit in Crennel's old chiefs gear.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9268377)

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 01-02-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9268371)
Who says Manning is going in two years? The same folks that said he would suck this season?

Yeah, the way he's scarfing down unborn fetuses, he may play forever.

Agent V 01-02-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9268369)
I think he is enjoying his cushy job in the studio.

He won't come back to coaching unless the is about to lose his job on camera.

jmo

A cushy job made even easier with Shannon Sharpe making any co-anchor look like Howard ****ing Cosell, comparatively.

Agent V 01-02-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9268377)

You KNOW Clark was thinking it. And he chuckled to himself.

ptlyon 01-02-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9268370)
Bill's personal life and money demands are both very high. Clark really wants Reid if he gassed up the jet and flew to Philly. Probably brought a blank contract and a blank check and will make Andy sign it with a stolen pen from the Waldorf Astoria or something.

Well, Andy is on his way to AZ, so he must have forgot the pen part.

SAUTO 01-02-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267384)
Mortenson just said this too.

He flatly said KC is a better job than Arizona, especially because of the fans and atmosphere.

On a side note, Mortenson just made some commentary about this news cycle and how crazy it is. He went out of his way to mention that he (and others in his position) have to be careful about the motives of their sources because they get USED all the time to advance an agenda rather than the actual news.

Funny how not many guys have commented in this post.

But but they are reporters they are right by God
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 12:42 PM

Dirk Cooter.

LMAO

This ****ing fanbase...

Pasta Little Brioni 01-02-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9268298)
I remember back when John Elway was in his prime...nobody had a chance at the AFCW....oh wait.

The AFCW is impossible to steal with Manning in town. Or fall back-asswards into.

But it's not impossible to win. You have to actually have a good team to do it now, which is good for the level of play in KC.

Yup. They nearly beat Denver at home with Brady Quinn, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to beat Denver. OMG!!!

KCUnited 01-02-2013 12:43 PM

Clark thought Arrowhead Anxiety was about the North American bison during the 1800's.

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9268392)
Dirk Cooter.

LMAO

This ****ing fanbase...

Thats why i love KC sports radio! The ****ing reeruns in KC hahah glad im in SC

Dayze 01-02-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9268395)
Clark thought Arrowhead Anxiety was about the North American bison during the 1800's.

LMAO

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9268383)
Yeah, the way he's scarfing down unborn fetuses, he may play forever.

LMAO

BigBeauford 01-02-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9268376)
His team was in the Super Bowl, dipshit; we COULDN'T hire him until Feb.

:banghead:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!http://gifs.gifbin.com/052009/124143...y_springer.gif

Dayze 01-02-2013 12:44 PM

Judi Chop!!!

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 12:44 PM

Just give Pioli the money Tyson Jackson is due, and dump Tyson Jackson.

Hootie 01-02-2013 12:45 PM

Unless Peyton is in a hurry to be a papa johns owner...he's going to play at least another three years...

Let's be realistic. As long as Manning is in Denver, the likelihood of us winning the division is slim and none.

If immediate success is a desire to Reid...entering a division with Peyton Manning isn't a good bet.

Red Dawg 01-02-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9268355)
He's getting the $$$, he has a contract. He either gets it and stays or gets it and gtfo

What is pioli'scontract anyway. How much is it to get rid of him? To hire that turd ferenz would cost 18 mil. His contract is until 2020.

Dayze 01-02-2013 12:47 PM

Manning is beatable.....assuming there's any semblance of a pass rush.

....and more than 1 good corner

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9268371)

Father Time mostly

it's possible, but you think Manning is going to still be playing when he's 40 with that neck of his?

The Franchise 01-02-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268409)
Unless Peyton is in a hurry to be a papa johns owner...he's going to play at least another three years...

Let's be realistic. As long as Manning is in Denver, the likelihood of us winning the division is slim and none.

If immediate success is a desire to Reid...entering a division with Peyton Manning isn't a good bet.

Best choice?

AFC West - Battling Peyton Manning for the top spot each season

or

NFC West - Playing the 49ers and Seahawks twice each season?

Discuss Thrower 01-02-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9268356)
Then everyone would start calling the NFC West the "premiere" division in football.

False. Dallas still plays in NFC East.

Agent V 01-02-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9268416)
....and more than 1 good corner

Hey! We have more than one g--... oh.

Hoover 01-02-2013 12:48 PM

Manning had a hell of a year in Denver, but he's still aging and injuries when you are old are a bitch. Without manning Denver sucks like the rest of the division.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9268426)
Manning had a hell of a year in Denver, but he's still aging and injuries when you are old are a bitch. Without manning Denver sucks like the rest of the division.

Denver's won more playoff games in the last 51 weeks - with Tim Tebow at QB, nonetheless - as KC has in nearly 20 years.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 01-02-2013 12:50 PM

Kent Sommers did the same thing today. Jason LaCan-of-fungus has had his ass handed to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9268391)

Posted via Mobile Device

ptlyon 01-02-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9268431)
Denver's won more playoff games in the last 51 weeks - with Tim Tebow at QB, nonetheless - as KC has in nearly 20 years.

Owie owie owie

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Mort's one of the good guys.

There's like, 3...

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9268403)

WTF is that walking behind the chair? :)ROFL

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent V (Post 9268384)
A cushy job made even easier with Shannon Sharpe making any co-anchor look like Howard ****ing Cosell, comparatively.

Ol' Mushmouth...

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9268434)
Kent Sommers did the same thing today. Jason LaCan-of-fungus has had his ass handed to him.

What did somers do? Back peddle?

Hootie 01-02-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9268419)
Best choice?

AFC West - Battling Peyton Manning for the top spot each season

or

NFC West - Playing the 49ers and Seahawks twice each season?

NFC West. No doubt in my mind.

NOW

In terms of fan base and history? KC. Arizona is one of the shittiest franchises in the NFL.

But yes...be realistic.

Peyton Manning doesn't lose football games (especially in the regular season) he has no meaning losing. He is a lock for 12 wins every year. He takes no hits and is a tough son of a bitch so counting on an injury is foolish as well.

He wins his division every year. Now, there has been recent success with wild cards making Super Bowl runs but it's still not a good route to shoot for...

but as long as Peyton is in Denver...short of getting Tom Brady, best we can do until he's gone is shoot for a wild card.

ChiefRocka 01-02-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9268443)
Mort's one of the good guys.

There's like, 3...

Schefty and Clayton?

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure why you're still banging this drum.

As I said yesterday, damn near every reputable NFL reporter said the Chiefs were interviewing Koetter.

Guess what happened?

The Chiefs interviewed Koetter.

Albert Breer, Chris Hansen, Ian Rapaport and some rube from Iowa keep mentioning Kirk Ferentz - while everyone else distances themselves from this "report" - and guess what?

We didn't interview Ferentz.

Not sure where the problem is.

silver5liter 01-02-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9268447)

Oh god i just noticed that ROFL

Agent V 01-02-2013 12:58 PM

Somebody, and I think it was LaCanfartass (but I'm not sure), didn't even know about Clark's stripping of Pioli's power. Would it take much to read one or two paragraphs (sentences even) to brief yourself on a situation before you start reporting on it?

jd1020 01-02-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9268468)

How do you miss that?

That's what I thought the gif was about, until it switched angles. I had to rewatch it to figure out the focus of the first half.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9268394)
Yup. They nearly beat Denver at home with Brady Quinn, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to beat Denver. OMG!!!

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9268403)

Ha!! She may be your cousin, but she's in love with me too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268409)

Bullshit - that's just the excuse Houston and Jacksonville used for not being complete teams. Denver isn't that good, and the only playoff teams they beat were like Cincy and Baltimore. The other three playoff teams they played (NE, Atl, and Hou) arethe three games they lost.

Otherwise, all they have done all season is beat up on the likes of : the Jets, KC (2x), Oak (2x), SD(2x), Tampa Bay, and Carolina, et al.

Presto! 13-3.

Duh.

Hootie 01-02-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9268426)

Cool. That's what everyone said before this year. The dude is a football machine. A juggernaut. He literally takes less than a handful of meaningful hits a year.

He literally owned the AFC South for 13 years.

He played as good, if not better, this year than he ever did in Indianapolis. He is deadly accurate and there is literally not a defense out there that can stop him. If him and his receivers are on the same page, the only thing that stops Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning and that is very rare.

Thinking we have a shot at winning this division in the next 3 years if Peyton Manning continues to QB the Broncos is just the blindest homerism there is. He had years in Indy where the only reason they lost was because they won the division after 12 weeks and they aren't the Patriots and don't run up scores or win games to win games and perhaps let a Welker get injured for no reason.

We sit here and say an elite QB is how you win games...and we're now in a division with Captain Elite himself and some of us are trying to make excuses as to how Peyton can be beat when he just can't...especially not in the regular season.

Time to face the facts: The West is Denver's until 18 retires. Oh well. Hopefully we can develop our QB and sneak in a wild card or two and MAYBE a playoff win.

Just saying. Is Andy Reid going to want to square up against another Manning, a superior Manning, every year?

Arizona is a QB short (and some lineman) away from being a Seattle or San Francisco. They have an elite defense as well.

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent V (Post 9268472)
Somebody, and I think it was LaCanfartass (but I'm not sure), didn't even know about Clark's stripping of Pioli's power. Would it take much to read one or two paragraphs (sentences even) to brief yourself on a situation before you start reporting on it?

just goes to show you how little most reporters know about what is actually going on.

They report on KC without ever taking a single step IN kansas city.

Might as well be a blogger rehashing rumors

Brock 01-02-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268461)

He wins his division every year. Now, there has been recent success with wild cards making Super Bowl runs but it's still not a good route to shoot for...

but as long as Peyton is in Denver...short of getting Tom Brady, best we can do until he's gone is shoot for a wild card.

There is no place to hide in this league.

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

In terms of fan base and history? KC. Arizona is one of the shittiest franchises in the NFL.

Potential NFL Head Coaches don't give a shit about history. They care about their "fit", the QB situation, power and the payday.

The Arizona Cardinals last played in a Super Bowl in January 2009.

The Chiefs last played in a Super Bowl in January 1970.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9268486)
just goes to show you how little most reporters know about what is actually going on.

They report on KC without ever taking a single step IN kansas city.

Might as well be a blogger rehashing rumors

You know what's most ironic?

The worst reporter as far as throwing out unsubstantiated rumors through all of this is Albert Breer.

And he was IN KANSAS CITY at Arrowhead from mid-day Sunday through Tuesday.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

NFC West. No doubt in my mind.

NOW

But yes...be realistic.

Peyton Manning doesn't lose football games (especially in the regular season) he has no meaning losing. He is a lock for 12 wins every year. He takes no hits and is a tough son of a bitch so counting on an injury is foolish as well.

I disagree.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9268507)
Potential NFL Head Coaches don't give a shit about history. They care about their "fit", the QB situation, power and the payday.

Fact.

The Arizona Super Bowl seems about as distant to me as the Chiefs'...

and my dad was in like 7th grade when the Chiefs won the Super Bowl.

Marcellus 01-02-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9268507)

3 years later, who do you think has a better roster and chance to turn it around the fastest?

ChiefsCountry 01-02-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9268467)
Not sure where the problem is.

I think sauto is calling out twitter douche.

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

:D all i could say is WTF?!

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268485)
Cool. That's what everyone said before this year. The dude is a football machine. A juggernaut. He literally takes less than a handful of meaningful hits a year.

He literally owned the AFC South for 13 years.

He played as good, if not better, this year than he ever did in Indianapolis. He is deadly accurate and there is literally not a defense out there that can stop him. If him and his receivers are on the same page, the only thing that stops Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning and that is very rare.

Thinking we have a shot at winning this division in the next 3 years if Peyton Manning continues to QB the Broncos is just the blindest homerism there is. He had years in Indy where the only reason they lost was because they won the division after 12 weeks and they aren't the Patriots and don't run up scores or win games to win games and perhaps let a Welker get injured for no reason.

We sit here and say an elite QB is how you win games...and we're now in a division with Captain Elite himself and some of us are trying to make excuses as to how Peyton can be beat when he just can't...especially not in the regular season.

Time to face the facts: The West is Denver's until 18 retires. Oh well. Hopefully we can develop our QB and sneak in a wild card or two and MAYBE a playoff win.

Just saying. Is Andy Reid going to want to square up against another Manning, a superior Manning, every year?

Arizona is a QB short (and some lineman) away from being a Seattle or San Francisco. They have an elite defense as well.

Denver is VERY beatable.

You just have to be good.

Hootie 01-02-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9268484)
Bullshit - that's just the excuse Houston and Jacksonville used for not being complete teams. Denver isn't that good, and the onky playiff teams they beat were like Cincy and Baltimore. The other three playoff teams they played (NE, Atl, and Hou) arethe three games they lost.

Otherwise, all they have done all season is beat up on the likes of : the Jets, KC (2x), Oak (2x), SD(2x), Tampa Bay, and Carolina, et al.

Presto! 13-3.

Duh.

You are ignorant.

Denver had no identity at the beginning of the season when they lost those games...games in which they fell behind HUGE early only for Peyton Manning to almost make two improbably, impressive comebacks against both Atlanta and Houston. Much like he did against San Diego.

and then what happened after they scored 5 straight and beat San Diego after being down 24? McCoy said "**** it", and scrapped his huddle offense he tried implementing and basically surrendered and gave Peyton the offense...and they won 11 straight.

Seriously. Go watch the first 5.5 games...Denver was running just as much out of a huddle as they were with the traditional Peyton Indy offense. After the San Diego comeback where Peyton played like God once they fell down 24 and totally scrapped the McCoy (who is laughable as a HC candidate) huddle offense...they became the Colts with a defense.

You really expected Peyton Manning, who missed a season and joined a new team, to be Peyton Manning right away on a brand new team with brand new personnel? They started 2-3. They lost all of those games at the beginning of the season.

Looking at that and making an argument about how they only beat shitty teams is ridiculous given the circumstances.

Everyone was like "oh just wait until they play Baltimore at Baltimore!" Yeah, that was a game for less than a quarter. Shit, they beat the living hell out of Baltimore worse than they did the Chiefs in week 17. At least we recovered that fumble and then get another stop to almost make it 7-6!.

Could I see them losing to New England in the AFCC game? Hell yeah. Would I bet on it? No.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO US THOUGH

Peyton now officially owns this division. He is not beatable over the course of 16 games. He is good for 12 wins on a season where the bounces equal out, 14 when they get a few bounces, and 11 when all the bounces go against him. That's just REALITY.

I'm sorry, it SUCKS for us...but the best we're going to do unless we have a Colts Andrew Luck MIRACLE year where we go +50 in the bounce department is fight for the #5 or #6 seed and maybe give our fans something to cheer about while we develop a franchise QB who is ready to take the division by the reigns in 3-5 years when Peyton hangs them up.

Maybe, if WE'RE REALLY lucky, Manning will win this year, next year and decide to pull an Elway and go out on top...but that's probably not going to happen.

In today's NFL where the QB doesn't take a lot of hits and football is HIS life...I can, unfortunately, see him playing until he is 42-43...which makes life for us MISERABLE.

Strongside 01-02-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9268536)
Denver is VERY beatable.

We need to re-sign Ty Law.

Hootie 01-02-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9268536)
Denver is VERY beatable.

ROFL

yes, maybe in a 1 game playoff in the playoffs.

you're right

new england COULD beat them...an NFC team COULD beat them

totally agree

over the course of a 16 game season? Peyton Manning has PROVED, much like Tom Brady, he is NOT beatable.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 01:09 PM

Soren is now saying his sources have told him that it wasn't just Pioli in Atlanta.

Clark had SIX or SEVEN people with him in Atlanta.

HolyHat 01-02-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9268543)
We need to re-sign Ty Law.

And Jarad Page

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't **** that with Shaq's dick:D:whackit:

htismaqe 01-02-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268546)
ROFL

yes, maybe in a 1 game playoff in the playoffs.

you're right

new england COULD beat them...an NFC team COULD beat them

totally agree

over the course of a 16 game season? Peyton Manning has PROVED, much like Tom Brady, he is NOT beatable.

Dude, age will catch up eventually.

ToxSocks 01-02-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9268530)
3 years later, who do you think has a better roster and chance to turn it around the fastest?

This is Chiefsplanet. The Grass is always greener on the other side.

Hootie 01-02-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9268530)

debatable

Arizona has a solid to elite defense already in place.

They need a QB, a RB and OL help.

ToxSocks 01-02-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9268549)
Soren is now saying his sources have told him that it wasn't just Pioli in Atlanta.

It's called an entourage. Someone needs to be there to cook Clark some damn happy face pancakes.

cookster50 01-02-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9268447)

Oh crap, I didn't even notice that!

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268538)
You are ignorant.

Denver had no identity at the beginning of the season when they lost those games...games in which they fell behind HUGE early only for Peyton Manning to almost make two improbably, impressive comebacks against both Atlanta and Houston. Much like he did against San Diego.

and then what happened after they scored 5 straight and beat San Diego after being down 24? McCoy said "**** it", and scrapped his huddle offense he tried implementing and basically surrendered and gave Peyton the offense...and they won 11 straight.

Seriously. Go watch the first 5.5 games...Denver was running just as much out of a huddle as they were with the traditional Peyton Indy offense. After the San Diego comeback where Peyton played like God once they fell down 24 and totally scrapped the McCoy (who is laughable as a HC candidate) huddle offense...they became the Colts with a defense.

You really expected Peyton Manning, who missed a season and joined a new team, to be Peyton Manning right away on a brand new team with brand new personnel? They started 2-3. They lost all of those games at the beginning of the season.

Looking at that and making an argument about how they only beat shitty teams is ridiculous given the circumstances.

Everyone was like "oh just wait until they play Baltimore at Baltimore!" Yeah, that was a game for less than a quarter. Shit, they beat the living hell out of Baltimore worse than they did the Chiefs in week 17. At least we recovered that fumble and then get another stop to almost make it 7-6!.

Could I see them losing to New England in the AFCC game? Hell yeah. Would I bet on it? No.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO US THOUGH

Peyton now officially owns this division. He is not beatable over the course of 16 games. He is good for 12 wins on a season where the bounces equal out, 14 when they get a few bounces, and 11 when all the bounces go against him. That's just REALITY.

I'm sorry, it SUCKS for us...but the best we're going to do unless we have a Colts Andrew Luck MIRACLE year where we go +50 in the bounce department is fight for the #5 or #6 seed and maybe give our fans something to cheer about while we develop a franchise QB who is ready to take the division by the reigns in 3-5 years when Peyton hangs them up.

Maybe, if WE'RE REALLY lucky, Manning will win this year, next year and decide to pull an Elway and go out on top...but that's probably not going to happen.

In today's NFL where the QB doesn't take a lot of hits and football is HIS life...I can, unfortunately, see him playing until he is 42-43...which makes life for us MISERABLE.

I'm NOT ignorant; they haven't played anyone worth a **** since NE.

Baltimore?? Come on, they're one and done. Old as **** with a sputtering inconsistant offense.

Cincy?? Ha!!!

Those are the only playoff teams they've faced.

Fact.

-King- 01-02-2013 01:12 PM

Clark/Pioli relationship hasn't been good the past 6-12 months

-Soren Petro

-King- 01-02-2013 01:12 PM

Scott Pioli WASN'T involved in player meetings

-Petro

Hootie 01-02-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9268554)
Dude, age will catch up eventually.

How so?

Brett Favre had the best year of his career when he was 42 and he is NOWHERE NEAR the QB Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are...

He also took hit after hit after hit after hit. Tom Brady takes hits as well.

Peyton Manning DOES NOT.

Why do we assume age will catch up to these guys with these rules in today's NFL? It doesn't matter if they lose speed...as long as they can still win it and still THINK, that's all they need. Peyton already lost a little off his fastball and it doesn't even matter. For all we know, his neck may still be getting stronger and his arm strength may even come back all the way in time.

I truly believe Manning and Brady can play at an elite level into their 40s.

Sucks for us. I think it's blind homerism for anyone to expect us to have any sort of a shot at this division in the next 3 years. Same goes with Oakland and San Diego.

This division is on lockdown. Denver will win at least 36 games over the next 3 years. This isn't even a question.

DJ's left nut 01-02-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268557)
debatable

'OL help' is a little like saying we need coaching help.

If you're Andy Reid and just watched your QBs get massacred for 2 seasons behind a swiss-cheese OL, you may want a slightly less awful O-line for a change.

The Chiefs have a decent one. It's not great, but it's not bad. And the Chiefs defense has the potential to be close to as good as AZs.

They're very comparable jobs, truth be told. But don't underestimate just how dire AZs need on the OL is and how it could swing things to our advantage. Reid may be tired of watching QBs die under his watch.

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9268549)

Clark running with his posse!!!

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...out-for-me.jpg

ToxSocks 01-02-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268557)
debatable

Honestly, their defense is being quite a bit overrated around here. Like i said, Grass is always greener. They've taken their fair share of curb stompings, just like the Chiefs. Both teams have some nice pieces on Defense to work with.

They are very similar teams.

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 01:15 PM

Didn't Arizona give up like 10 gazillion points to Seattle?