ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

BigRedChief 05-07-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9666226)
Not looking forward to the Royals playing the Card's here soon.

The Royals always seem to win more of the Cards/Royals games than their talent level.

BigRedChief 05-07-2013 08:41 PM

WTF was Molina thinking? and found this on Twitter
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Is Marmol 8 months prego?? <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23justwondering">#justwondering</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Franklin (@franky3131) <a href="https://twitter.com/franky3131/status/331958108530278402">May 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief 05-08-2013 04:36 PM

33 games played. Only 12 games played at home. Best record in the NL. 3 game lead in the Central Division. Might be another good year to be a Cardinal.:thumb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps374a7741.jpg

Rams Fan 05-08-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9668771)
33 games played. Only 12 games played at home. Best record in the NL. 3 game lead in the Central Division. Might be another good year to be a Cardinal.:thumb:

That ****ing picture pisses me off everytime I see it. It completely adds on to the "superiority" stereo type that Cardinals' fans feel.

Mi_chief_fan 05-08-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9668771)

I read on twitter that Maness has thrown 12 major league pitches, recorded 7 outs and won 2 games with those 12 pitches. That's pretty amazing.

Rams Fan 05-08-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 9668905)
I read on twitter that Maness has thrown 12 major league pitches, recorded 7 outs and won 2 games with those 12 pitches. That's pretty amazing.

Mind=blown.

Jewish Rabbi 05-08-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 9668905)

Yeah, but the guy STILL hasn't recorded an RBI yet. Bring Boggs back. :evil:

BigRedChief 05-08-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9668903)
That ****ing picture pisses me off everytime I see it. It completely adds on to the "superiority" stereo type that Cardinals' fans feel.

First time I've ever seen it. I've never been around this blowback of "superiority" except for occasionally on this website. I'm just not that sensitive about that part of being a Cardinal fan.

BigRedChief 05-08-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9668938)

ROFL thats some funny

Rams Fan 05-08-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9668978)
First time I've ever seen it. I've never been around this blowback of "superiority" except for occasionally on this website. I'm just not that sensitive about that part of being a Cardinal fan.

I apologize if I went off on you.

Being from and living in St. Louis I get all kinds of shit for the whole BFIB thing when I go to games out of town.

Mi_chief_fan 05-08-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9668938)

Well played, sir. Speaking of pitchers with RBI's, Rick Ankiel DFA'd by the Astros yesterday.

Marcellus 05-10-2013 06:27 AM

Bernie nails it in this article. The Angel's are ****ed and the Cards are reaping huge benefits from AP leaving. I guess I didn't realize drafting Wacha was tied to the draft pick we got when the Angel's signed Albert.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...30aca5659.html

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9672708)
Bernie nails it in this article. The Angel's are ****ed and the Cards are reaping huge benefits from AP leaving. I guess I didn't realize drafting Wacha was tied to the draft pick we got when the Angel's signed Albert.

You have to admit, it's a wonderful feeling being the fan of an organization that you believe will do the right thing rather than hope.

I expected a bounce back year from Pujols. Instead, it looks like he's firmly settled into his decline years, and that is going to go down as one of the worst contracts in baseball history.

Frazod 05-10-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9672708)

Yeah, it's beautiful the way that worked out. I love it when big market team tries to spend its way to success and then implodes.

Enjoy your billion dollar .230 hitting washed-up DH, dickbags! LMAO

Swanman 05-10-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9672842)
You have to admit, it's a wonderful feeling being the fan of an organization that you believe will do the right thing rather than hope.

I expected a bounce back year from Pujols. Instead, it looks like he's firmly settled into his decline years, and that is going to go down as one of the worst contracts in baseball history.

Albert's body is a ticking time bomb and it looks like it will go bad sooner than we expected. The Cardinals rebounded from not signing Albert and didn't really miss a step, with a loaded farm system to boot.

Jewish Rabbi 05-10-2013 10:43 AM

I always wanted to believe it wasn't true, but you hafta wonder if he really is older than he says.

Frazod 05-10-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9673083)
I always wanted to believe it wasn't true, but you hafta wonder if he really is older than he says.

Could be.

If there was a way to prove it, I wonder if the Angels could try to use that to void his contract?

I hope not. They deserve to be stuck with him.

Swanman 05-10-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

His body is going to shit in a hurry and you wouldn't necessarily expect it to go that bad that fast at his supposed age.

LiL stumppy 05-10-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9673120)
Could be.

If there was a way to prove it, I wonder if the Angels could try to use that to void his contract?

I hope not. They deserve to be stuck with him.

I assume it would be a breach of contract, so that could be possible..

AP will pick it up, he will be pushing .300 by the end of the year.

Marcellus 05-10-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9672850)
Yeah, it's beautiful the way that worked out. I love it when big market team tries to spend its way to success and then implodes.

Enjoy your billion dollar .230 hitting washed-up DH, dickbags! LMAO

Its completely obscene to see they still owe him $218MM after this season.

AP will be laughing all the way to the bank, over and over again. His great,great,great grand kids will be living off the Angel's ignorance.

Its making the Zito contract look reasonable.

BigRedChief 05-10-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9673295)
Its completely obscene to see they still owe him $218MM after this season.

AP will be laughing all the way to the bank, over and over again. His great,great,great grand kids will be living off the Angel's ignorance.

Its making the Zito contract look reasonable.

We were going to give him 10 years/$200 Million. It was a really stupid decision. $40 million is sure a helluva a lot of money but giving up $4 million a year would have got you "Stan the Man" status in St. Louis. 40 years after you quit playing they cheer your name. Seems to me, if it was my decision, I would have stayed no matter how much I was insulted at an offer of $200 million.

BigRedChief 05-10-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9672842)

And they gave the reins of one of the best teams in baseball to a guy who never coached a game above little league. That was pretty ballsy.

Missed another World Series by one game in his first year. In his 2nd year on 5/10 the sophomore manager's team has the best record in baseball.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

My college roommate played HS baseball against him and he said it was generally known that he was at least 2-3 years older than his stated age.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL stumppy (Post 9673294)
I assume it would be a breach of contract, so that could be possible..

AP will pick it up, he will be pushing .300 by the end of the year.

Possibly, but when your lower body starts to go there isn't much you can do as a hitter. He's battling a surgically repaired knee and chronic plantar fasciitis. He went from the best defensive 1B in baseball to a guy that spends over half his time as a DH

BigRedChief 05-10-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9673983)
Possibly, but when your lower body starts to go there isn't much you can do as a hitter. He's battling a surgically repaired knee and chronic plantar fasciitis. He went from the best defensive 1B in baseball to a guy that spends over half his time as a DH

The Cardinals haven't and shouldn't collapse because Pujols left combined with Pujols obvious decline, I think will open the door to him coming back to the Cardinals and being welcomed by the fans. This isn't a "Lebron" situation.

According to the article he still makes his home in St. Louis, still is doing all the charity work in St. Louis.

For crissakes, Jimmy played for the Brewers, Reds, Astros and San Diego after he left the Cardinals. Fans still cheer him.

O.city 05-10-2013 08:21 PM

Shelby throwing it well tonight.

Pretty hard pressed not to throw him at the top of the Rookie of the Year list so far this early year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9674301)
The Cardinals haven't and shouldn't collapse because Pujols left combined with Pujols obvious decline, I think will open the door to him coming back to the Cardinals and being welcomed by the fans. This isn't a "Lebron" situation.

According to the article he still makes his home in St. Louis, still is doing all the charity work in St. Louis.

For crissakes, Jimmy played for the Brewers, Reds, Astros and San Diego after he left the Cardinals. Fans still cheer him.

1) Jimmy was traded away for what people thought were spare parts (Freesus Christ, nonwithstanding).

2) Lebron had a legitimate reason to leave, as that team was an absolute abomination. He handled his departure poorly, but that doesn't make the choice poor, just it's execution. Pujols left a team coming off of a world title, and one of the five-eight best-run organizations in professional sports. Lebron left the Cavs.

3) He's not retiring a Cardinal. He went out of his way to extort a personal services contract to Hoover up even more of Artie Moreno's money. The next ten years of his life post baseball belong to the Angels.

4) They served Angel Food Cake at his restaurant when he signed.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 08:54 PM

Ninety-five on the ****ing black to end it. Don't know if I've ever seen a better start from a Cardinal pitcher in terms of raw dominance. That was far more impressive than a number of perfect games. I bet his game score is out of this world.

Miles 05-10-2013 08:54 PM

Miller just threw a complete game one hitter with no walks. Not bad.

O.city 05-10-2013 08:55 PM

Dude just overpowered guys all night. Quite impressive.

Marcellus 05-10-2013 08:57 PM

Broken bat single to start then 27 in a row. That is dominant.

VAChief 05-10-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9674846)
Miller just threw a complete game one hitter with no walks. Not bad.

27 in a row. 13ks...About as good as it gets. The one hit was a sawed off blooper to right.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 09:09 PM

Miller's game score was 98. Better than Harvey's start earlier this week, and the best in baseball this year.

O.city 05-10-2013 09:13 PM

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 10m
Shelby Miller, 22, on the season: 45.2 IP, 29 H, 11 BB, 51 K, 3 HR, 1.58 ERA. Matt Harvey, 24: 49.1 IP, 22 H, 12 BB, 58 K, 2 HR, 1.28 ERA.

Both have been really impressive.

BigRedChief 05-10-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9674897)
Miller's game score was 98. Better than Harvey's start earlier this week, and the best in baseball this year.

A broken bat blooper away from a perfect game as a rookie. Very cool. I'll say it again............I love watching him pitch.:thumb:

O.city 05-10-2013 09:18 PM

Miller keeps gaining confidence in his non fastball pitches, it's pretty awesome to see.

BigRedChief 05-10-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9674719)
1) Jimmy was traded away for what people thought were spare parts (Freesus Christ, nonwithstanding).

2) Lebron had a legitimate reason to leave, as that team was an absolute abomination. He handled his departure poorly, but that doesn't make the choice poor, just it's execution. Pujols left a team coming off of a world title, and one of the five-eight best-run organizations in professional sports. Lebron left the Cavs.

3) He's not retiring a Cardinal. He went out of his way to extort a personal services contract to Hoover up even more of Artie Moreno's money. The next ten years of his life post baseball belong to the Angels.
4)They served Angel Food Cake at his restaurant when he signed.

1. He chose to play for our inter-divisional rivals. He did his best to beat the Cardinals. Just because he was old, doesn't matter to me.
  2. Lebron's decision was all on Lebron. The way he left, all on Lebron. Pujols didn't leave that bad.
  3. That personal service contract ain't worth shit to a billionaire with lawyers. It keeps going like this a buyout will occur. He will go into the HOF as a Cardinal, if he goes now.
  4. Not a biggie to me. When one person in a divorce wants to leave things can get ugly.

OnTheWarpath15 05-10-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9674897)

Was at the game tonight. Got to our seats just after Shelby gave up the leadoff single. Closest I'll ever get to seeing a perfect game in person.

Also got picked to participate in an in-game promotion, won two tickets and a suite at Lumiere Place.

Good night.

Jewish Rabbi 05-10-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9675019)
Was at the game tonight. Got to our seats just after Shelby gave up the leadoff single. Closest I'll ever get to seeing a perfect game in person.

Also got picked to participate in an in-game promotion, won two tickets and a suite at Lumiere Place.

Good night.

Good job not getting to your seats sooner, asshole!:cuss:

BigRedChief 05-11-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9675019)

Good night.

so it's your fault Miller missed the perfect game.:harumph:

Congrats on the suite. :thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni 05-11-2013 06:42 AM

So, NOW I know why Big Red was balls deep on this guy for so many years :thumb:

BigRedChief 05-11-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9675210)
So, NOW I know why Big Red was balls deep on this guy for so many years :thumb:

hehhh....did a quick search. I had no idea I was such a supporter.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9050185)
Andrus will get big money in 2 years. We dont need to pay $20 million a year for a SS and lose Miller.

When Cardinal fans rejected a Miller for the Royals Meyers trade.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9198065)
Oh, Shelby's a #1 starter now, is he? Looks like O's fans aren't the only ones who over-rate their prospects.

What about my next BF that I have overrated?;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9195608)
You guys are going to be kicking yourself's for letting the Lee's Summit product, Rosenthal get out of the KC area.

Mi_chief_fan 05-11-2013 09:22 AM

That'll do Shelby; that'll do.

BigRedChief 05-11-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 9675291)
That'll do Shelby; that'll do.

Shelby has always had the talent. His issue was maturity. Failure to take instruction. Shaking off the catcher because he knows best.

The best piece of new info that I heard was that Miller hasn't shook off a pitch call from Molina once all year or last year either.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-11-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9675371)
Shelby has always had the talent. His issue was maturity. Failure to take instruction. Shaking off the catcher because he knows best.

The best piece of new info that I heard was that Miller hasn't shook off a pitch call from Molina once all year or last year either.

It's a longer story than that and goes back to organizational competence. They put in place a no-shake rule for Shelby in AAA last year, and since then he's blossomed.

Frazod 05-11-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9675372)
It's a longer story than that and goes back to organizational competence. They put in place a no-shake rule for Shelby in AAA last year, and since then he's blossomed.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VjDjONmMvi...ham-poster.jpg

Jewish Rabbi 05-11-2013 01:55 PM

Situation developing thru 6.

O.city 05-11-2013 01:55 PM

If you aren't watching the game, you might want to flip over there. You'll see why.

Mi_chief_fan 05-11-2013 02:11 PM

DON'T JINX IT!!!

O.city 05-11-2013 02:31 PM

Broken up

DJ's left nut 05-11-2013 02:33 PM

Clean single on a cutter that got too much of the zone. No complaints there.

Mi_chief_fan 05-11-2013 02:36 PM

Didn't seem to bother him much, that's all they got off him. Back to back 1 hitters would still be impressive

chefsos 05-11-2013 02:47 PM

So, the Rockies went 17 1/3 innings between hits. Could your starters own them just a little more? Jesus, that's dominant.

Jewish Rabbi 05-11-2013 02:57 PM

It appears that Wainwright and Miller have figured out how to fix the bullpen.

Frazod 05-11-2013 02:59 PM

23-12. Can't argue with that. :thumb:

DJ's left nut 05-11-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9675583)
23-12. Can't argue with that. :thumb:

Best record in baseball after playing about 2/3 of their season on the road thus far.

It's hard to !@#$ up starting pitching that's a full run better than the 2nd best staff in the league.

Mi_chief_fan 05-11-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9675578)
It appears that Wainwright and Miller have figured out how to fix the bullpen.

Who's this Jason Motte again?

BigRedChief 05-11-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9675587)
Best record in baseball after playing about 2/3 of their season on the road thus far.

It's hard to !@#$ up starting pitching that's a full run better than the 2nd best staff in the league.

Saw a graphic on last nights broadcast. We have signed or drafted 32 players that have made it to the major leagues since 2006. Best in baseball. 4th place was 22 players. This team is doing a whole bunch of things right. Suppose to be a transition year and right now we are the best team in baseball.

Like Hamas said, it is quite refreshing to be a fan if a team with a competent front office.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-11-2013 05:26 PM

This starting staff is just ridiculous

Pepe Silvia 05-11-2013 09:07 PM

I love Wainwright. Man the starting rotation has gotten out to a sick start this year. Its been a while since its be good that early if I'm not mistaken. They were saying the Reds have the best staff in the central, not so fast bitches.

Jewish Rabbi 05-11-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9675617)
Saw a graphic on last nights broadcast. We have signed or drafted 32 players that have made it to the major leagues since 2006. Best in baseball. 4th place was 22 players. This team is doing a whole bunch of things right. Suppose to be a transition year and right now we are the best team in baseball.

Like Hamas said, it is quite refreshing to be a fan if a team with a competent front office.

You say every year is a transition year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-11-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9675617)

It's not just the front office; it's the entire organization. The Cardinals are essentially the polar opposite of the Chiefs. They draft and develop elite, cost-controlled talent, they make serious maneuvers to compete deep into the post-season, they have an engaged owner who is neither aloof nor meddlesome, and they have a consistent organizational narrative that the fans, coaches, and players all believe in.

Rams Fan 05-12-2013 11:59 AM

Gast to start Tuesday, Westbrook on the DL with elbow inflammation.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9676973)
Gast to start Tuesday, Westbrook on the DL with elbow inflammation.

****. Westbrook has been lucky (and solid) this year. Good idea to save Wacha, though.

Rams Fan 05-12-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9677001)
****. Westbrook has been lucky (and solid) this year. Good idea to save Wacha, though.

Mo only expects him to miss two starts.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9677016)
Mo only expects him to miss two starts.

That's good, but any time I hear elbow anything I assume done.

Rams Fan 05-12-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9677023)
That's good, but any time I hear elbow anything I assume done.

Nah. When I think of shoulder + pitcher, I think done.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9677048)
Nah. When I think of shoulder + pitcher, I think done.

Not done DONE, but done in the sense that he'll likely be ineffective or injured for the rest of the season.

When guys struggle with elbow irritation they generally suck for the rest of the year or end up on the table.

Pepe Silvia 05-12-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9676489)
It's not just the front office; it's the entire organization. The Cardinals are essentially the polar opposite of the Chiefs. They draft and develop elite, cost-controlled talent, they make serious maneuvers to compete deep into the post-season, they have an engaged owner who is neither aloof nor meddlesome, and they have a consistent organizational narrative that the fans, coaches, and players all believe in.

I'd also like to thank God that we don't have the Royals ownership as well. :D

BigRedChief 05-12-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9677302)

Yeah, sucks for them. They are good fans and deserve to root for a winner.

duncan_idaho 05-13-2013 08:15 AM

Just wanted to say...

Thank you for helping me decide to keep Shelby Miller in my auction/keeper league.

I have him for $4 in a $300 cap/24 player league. I can keep him next year for $8 (along with Chris Sale).

I was waivering a bit at the start of the season, but I'm glad I kept him.

Pepe Silvia 05-13-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9677924)
Yeah, sucks for them. They are good fans and deserve to root for a winner.

Absolutely. I feel awful for them, their owner doesn't allow them a chance for success sadly. I have several friends who are Royals fans but have grown tired of the losing and I don't blame them.

BigRedChief 05-13-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9678347)
Just wanted to say...

Thank you for helping me decide to keep Shelby Miller in my auction/keeper league.

I have him for $4 in a $300 cap/24 player league. I can keep him next year for $8 (along with Chris Sale).

I was waivering a bit at the start of the season, but I'm glad I kept him.

Told ya.:thumb:

Marcellus 05-13-2013 08:07 PM

Winner. I think the closer situation has been corrected.

Odd Ankiel shows up with the Mets, didn't even know he was dumped by the Astro's.

Jewish Rabbi 05-13-2013 08:32 PM

Great game tonight. Ended up with my first ball!

BigRedChief 05-13-2013 08:53 PM

This team is looking pretty damn good right at this moment. Pretty fun to watch.

BigRedChief 05-13-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9679770)
Winner. I think the closer situation has been corrected.

Odd Ankiel shows up with the Mets, didn't even know he was dumped by the Astro's.

Rosenthal with a 90mph change up? WTF?:eek:

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-13-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9680016)
Rosenthal with a 90mph change up? WTF?:eek:

He's always had that pitch, but it's not worth much of a damn.

Prison Bitch 05-13-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9677302)

We don't have the market STL does. Cards owners couldn't support that payroll here. Cards fans pay a lot to be good every year. Players like playing there too

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-13-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9680140)
We don't have the market STL does. Cards owners couldn't support that payroll here. Cards fans pay a lot to be good every year.

Literally one of the most ignorant baseball posts ever.

Go look at the Royals' payroll when they were competitive. Look at the size of the KC MSA compared to St. Louis.