ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Grand Theft Auto V Trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274400)

Skyy God 10-08-2013 10:29 AM

Franklin once (allegedly) knocked Ice Cube the **** out? **** and yes.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/shawn-...-gta-v-10-2013

DMAC 10-08-2013 10:39 AM

http://images.vg247.com/current//201...27294794_n.jpg

Mav 10-08-2013 12:01 PM

is it even fathomable to think logically about how long these guys had to work on doing the lines for this thing?

Skyy God 10-08-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 10063311)

Real life Trevor's hair looks like a bird.

OnTheWarpath15 10-08-2013 05:18 PM

LMAO

Morgan Freeman (or someone who does a great impression) FTMFW.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iat0ntfPL5s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 10-08-2013 06:00 PM

LMAO
that's ****ing awesome

TLO 10-08-2013 06:34 PM

Holy shit. LMAO

KcMizzou 10-08-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 10063311)

They look like older thicker versions of the game characters. Except for Trevor. He's bat shit crazy, so that explains the hair.

Anyong Bluth 10-09-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10064756)
LMAO

Morgan Freeman (or someone who does a great impression) FTMFW.

It's Josh Robert Thompson or something like that, he's the voice for Geoff the Robot on Craig Ferguson's show, and can do a number of spot on celebrity voices like Homer, George Taikai, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and original ones that are funny as shit.

Years ago before he got into comedy, he called into Stern, saying he was Arnold, and they seriously couldn't determine if he was real or a fake as he started the call by playing it straight and answer questions like you'd expect a normal Stern interview would go.

Eventually his answers got a little more odd until it just become a hilarious parody interview. They had him back as fake Arnold calling in every so often for a short time. I guess this week he called in out of the blue to Howard, but haven't heard the radio segment yet?

He also did the fake Morgan Freeman reads the explicitly and completely inappropriate email that sorority head sent out to her chapter that was all over the news earlier this year. That one is ****ing hilarious, and definitely worth a watch on YouTube.

Mav 10-10-2013 10:11 AM

couple of questions

Spoiler!

SLAG 10-10-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10069509)
couple of questions

Spoiler!

I was working on them just to get the trophies

Mav 10-10-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 10069675)
I was working on them just to get the trophies

I enjoyed it because I am trying to get 100 percent, but for the amount of time I took to do especially the sub pieces, having to fight sharks and the such, seems like a bit much.

Bowser 10-10-2013 12:16 PM

I'm nowhere as far into the game as some of you. I find it hard to focus on jobs. I find myself just wandering through the landscape. I took Franklin up into the moutains, wrecked my sweet ass sports car in a creek, then got eaten by a mountain lion. I respawned at some yokel medical place, walked up to the people living in a trailer, and got killed by their dog.

I can't get a ****ing thing done in this game, lol.

SLAG 10-10-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10069929)
I'm nowhere as far into the game as some of you. I find it hard to focus on jobs. I find myself just wandering through the landscape. I took Franklin up into the moutains, wrecked my sweet ass sports car in a creek, then got eaten by a mountain lion. I respawned at some yokel medical place, walked up to the people living in a trailer, and got killed by their dog.

I can't get a ****ing thing done in this game, lol.

Thats how I felt about all the other GTA's - except maybe for Vice City - but I couldn't pull myself away from this story - It was a Ton of Fun

bgguitarman 10-10-2013 12:49 PM

Mission Tracking

Does anyone know how to tell which main mission hasn't been completed? I can go to Stats and 100% checklist in the pause menu and I see I have 68/69 completed, but I don't see how to tell which one I need to go back an finish?

Mav 10-10-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgguitarman (Post 10070015)
Does anyone know how to tell which main mission hasn't been completed? I can go to Stats and 100% checklist in the pause menu and I see I have 68/69 completed, but I don't see how to tell which one I need to go back an finish?

do you have social club?

It will be able to tell you everything on there.

Mav 10-10-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 10069946)
Thats how I felt about all the other GTA's - except maybe for Vice City - but I couldn't pull myself away from this story - It was a Ton of Fun

yeah. Im addicted. 3 was the last one that had me addicted like this. I had never really played a game like that before.

And I didn't play four, I breezed through vice city and san andreas and lost interest quickly. But, this is my second time through, because I lost my first one, and I have put in over 70 hours, and im only about 77 percent with it.

Coach 10-10-2013 06:49 PM

I don't know if anyone actually noticed, but the mouse clicker in the in-game internet isn’t a pointer finger – it’s a middle finger.

MrGiggity 10-10-2013 09:47 PM

LMAO Noticed that too. Rockstar is always pretty clever when it comes to little things like that.

MrGiggity 10-12-2013 12:26 PM

Just beat the game. Hated to see it end.

Spoiler!

ragedogg69 10-12-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggity (Post 10075691)
Just beat the game. Hated to see it end.

Spoiler!

you monster

MrGiggity 10-12-2013 01:36 PM

LMAO
Spoiler!

Mav 10-12-2013 06:07 PM

Found where the ADDER spawns.

If anyone wants to know.....

Spoiler!

Quesadilla Joe 10-13-2013 02:27 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iHUiZaj8__U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO I love this game.

A Salt Weapon 10-13-2013 03:14 AM

ROFL

Mav 10-16-2013 01:19 PM

"I eat the pussy on the first date, and then brush my teeth with colgate."

"Yeah, huge troll tits, well one, and then, he bought her a brand new set of troll tits, even bigger than his troll tits."

****ing Trevor lol.....

Coach 10-24-2013 10:57 PM

So, here I am, as Trevor, leaving the mobile home, and I was on the phone, calling the taxi cab to come pick me up. As I was about to call them, I hear sirens going off, and, looked behind Trevor, and saw a car completely crash into a unsuspecting car. Cop car slams their brakes, and as they (2 of em) were exiting, 3 guys get out of the bad guy car that crashed, and started shooting at the cops.

I'm just sitting there, watching the whole thing unfold. One bad guy bought it. And one cop bought it. The other cop was shielding himself from the hail of bullets, and as he was ready to shot from cover, all of a sudden, I hear a loud barking sound, and thought to myself "WTF?" Loo and behold, a dog came out of nowhere, and completely attacked the cop, and killed him. Bad guys just walked away. The dog is just standing around near the cop's lifeless body.

Anyways, as I was walking to Trevor's truck (away from the carnage), I died. How, you ask? That god damn dog who killed the cop, who I didn't even provoke at all, or even looked at it, and was walking away from, blitzed my ass from behind, and killed me. That little shit.

TinyEvel 11-03-2013 12:02 AM

HELP.

Okay, here's what's up: I have played maybe five hours of this game. I have Michael and Franklin as characters. I am planning the diamond heist. BUT... it seems I am just waiting for the lame guy with the cane to call me back so I can do it. How the FOCK can I just get on with the rail storyline and avoid all the freaks and strangers missions? I am just eager to develop the characters and their progress and the only missions I can find on the map are the friggen question marks. I HATE races, paprazzi missions, shooting aliens while I am stoned. I don't want to do any of that chit.

This is why I never finished RDR. I lost the rail and just found myself hunting wild animals, I forgot who the hell I was working for or allied with and just said fock it and went back to COD.

I really want to like this game more than I do. How do I keep the main storyline going?

A Salt Weapon 11-03-2013 12:28 AM

Just follow the FIB plot line and heists, that'll get you through it.

ETA: keep in mind it's the side quests that make these games as great as they are. Enjoy them.
Just got 100% completion today, damn spaceship parts and letters took forever.

Sanka 11-03-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 10150642)
HELP.

Okay, here's what's up: I have played maybe five hours of this game. I have Michael and Franklin as characters. I am planning the diamond heist. BUT... it seems I am just waiting for the lame guy with the cane to call me back so I can do it. How the FOCK can I just get on with the rail storyline and avoid all the freaks and strangers missions? I am just eager to develop the characters and their progress and the only missions I can find on the map are the friggen question marks. I HATE races, paprazzi missions, shooting aliens while I am stoned. I don't want to do any of that chit.

This is why I never finished RDR. I lost the rail and just found myself hunting wild animals, I forgot who the hell I was working for or allied with and just said fock it and went back to COD.

I really want to like this game more than I do. How do I keep the main storyline going?

Did you go inside the jewelry store yet to scope it out? Or get all the stuff needed to perform the heist?

Mother****erJones 11-03-2013 08:05 AM

Had a blast with this game, Ima gona do the hidden packages and other miscellaneous things

TinyEvel 11-03-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanka (Post 10150787)
Did you go inside the jewelry store yet to scope it out? Or get all the stuff needed to perform the heist?

Yeah. Scoped it out, picked my crew. I just keep waiting for Lester to call me back. The only things I can do in the meantime is paparazzi and street racing, and the pot smoking alien killing. Just seems like fluff. It's been over an hour of gameplay without him calling. I don't mind the side missions being there if I want to do them but if I don't, the rail story should be available to continue, IMO.

Maybe because I lived in LA for 40 years. The novelty of driving around that place has WAY worn off.

Buck 11-03-2013 08:45 AM

Try to call Lester and see what happens.

hometeam 11-03-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10150926)
Try to call Lester and see what happens.

Make sure your on michael and your in a suit and go see him.

Or, you know you can look back at your ;journal; thing and it tells you exactly what your next step should be.

Quesadilla Joe 11-03-2013 05:44 PM

I might be misremembering but I think the same thing happened to me. I think I had to do the first Assassination mission for Lester with Franklin before I could progress the story.

Mav 11-04-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10156429)
I might be misremembering but I think the same thing happened to me. I think I had to do the first Assassination mission for Lester with Franklin before I could progress the story.

Indeed.

Ceej 11-04-2013 05:17 PM

I need to get around back to the solo player.

I may start from the beginning.

Bowser 11-04-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10160156)
I need to get around back to the solo player.

I may start from the beginning.

I might too. I have terrible wanderlust in this game. I need to just do the missions and THEN fart around in the open world.

Ceej 11-04-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10160214)
I might too. I have terrible wanderlust in this game. I need to just do the missions and THEN fart around in the open world.

I have a tendency to buy a game, play some single player then completely get wrapped up in the multiplayer.

This happens a lot.

A Salt Weapon 11-27-2013 09:42 PM

I switched to Trevor and he's wearing underwear and standing over a guy and girl sunbathing, just creep staring at them, they wake up and freak out and start running off, and he says "oh it's no big deal it'll wash off in the ocean".
ROFL

Dayze 11-28-2013 04:37 AM

I finally was able to spend some time on the game again; probably only a tiny bit into the game. I think the Heist is the first mission I just completed. I just unlocked Trevor and bought a hanger.

....still not sure about this 'quick save' and auto-save bullshit. Half the time I worried to even turn the game off because I always get ****ed and have to re-do shit again the next time I play it.

Buck 11-28-2013 09:05 AM

Dayze you can quick save on your phone.

In game press up on the d pad and choose the left center icon (looks like a cloud). Your game will pick up from that exact point. You cannot do quick save mid mission though.

Dayze 11-28-2013 06:22 PM

cool; gracias sir.