ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9782105)
Things pretty much have to be perfect this year for Alex Smith to get this team to a winning record.

That's the real bugaboo with this turd...he's not good enough to overcome a couple injuries the way a top of the line QB would be.

That's a matter of opinion and last time I checked, your initial opinions suck.

Oh, you're GREAT at hopping in the bandwagon after everything's going down hill, but you don't know a ****ing thing beforehand.

Hammock Parties 06-28-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9782116)
That's a matter of opinion and last time I checked, your initial opinions suck.

Oh, you're GREAT at hopping in the bandwagon after everything's going down hill, but you don't know a ****ing thing beforehand.

Last three years I sure did, bub.

It's a fact that Alex Smith isn't good enough to be a playmaking QB, so let's not get silly. If we have a bad day running the ball, we're gonna lose the game...just like Cassel. He can't carry a team.

mcaj22 06-28-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9781874)
Avery caught 60 last year. What is wrong with that?

I do think Avery is fools gold as a viable #2 WR. I do think he can contribute, but I think he brings more cons than pros. Not a Chris Chambers level though.

He will be okay for this team, I just dont consider him an upgrade over Baldwin or McCluster and I think his numbers are a product of the system with Luck, because if you break them down he's not that efficient. McCluster and Baldwin project out more efficient than him last season.

It may work out, I think he's going to drop too many balls and the gameday thread is going to explode during games because of it lol.

Hammock Parties 06-28-2013 04:12 PM

Avery is probably going to have 400 yards with the likes of Alex "checkdown" Smith throwing him the ball.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9782121)
It's a fact that Alex Smith isn't good enough to be a playmaking QB, so let's not get silly. If we have a bad day running the ball, we're gonna lose the game...just like Cassel. He can't carry a team.

The same can be said for 95% of all starting NFL QB's.

In case you hadn't noticed, no team is perfect, especially week to week.

Tom Brady loses, Aaron Rogers loses, Peyton Manning loses, Drew Brees loses, Eli Manning loses, Matt Ryan loses, etc. and so on.

mcaj22 06-28-2013 04:23 PM

Yea but if the Chiefs had any of those QBs you just named we would all be blowing each other right now with nothing negative to say really, because we would be garunteed at least a 10+ win season every year and a shot at the Super Bowl. Which all those QBs have, every season really barring injury.

Titty Meat 06-28-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9782093)
And if Jamaal Charles is injured they won't have running game and if Dwayne Bowe is injured they won't have a #1 receiver and if Dustin Colquitt is injured they won't have an MVP.

What's you're point?

They have no depth at key positions and a QB who can't overcome those things.

beach tribe 06-28-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9782124)
I do think Avery is fools gold as a viable #2 WR. I do think he can contribute, but I think he brings more cons than pros. Not a Chris Chambers level though.

He will be okay for this team, I just dont consider him an upgrade over Baldwin or McCluster and I think his numbers are a product of the system with Luck, because if you break them down he's not that efficient. McCluster and Baldwin project out more efficient than him last season.

It may work out, I think he's going to drop too many balls and the gameday thread is going to explode during games because of it lol.

Please explain this efficiency you speak of.
You talkin about drops? Ypr? Yac?
How do you go about this breakdown?

Hammock Parties 06-28-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9782134)
Tom Brady loses, Aaron Rogers loses, Peyton Manning loses, Drew Brees loses, Eli Manning loses, Matt Ryan loses, etc. and so on.

That's not true whatsoever.

Those guys can compensate if a key playmaker goes down.

If necessary they can carry an offense.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9782148)
That's not true whatsoever.

Those guys can compensate if a key playmaker goes down.

If necessary they can carry an offense.

Then why do they routinely lose 5-8 games each season?

RunKC 06-28-2013 04:28 PM

I expect to see far more passes from Alex Smith this year, most in the 0-20 range where he excels.

And that's not a bad thing at all. It only takes 10 yards to get a first down.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9782139)
They have no depth at key positions and a QB who can't overcome those things.

That can be said for every team in the NFL.

Who backs up Ray Rice? Adrian Peterson? Eli Manning? Peyton Manning? Von Miller? Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady? Megatron?

Need I go on?

Hammock Parties 06-28-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9782149)
Then why do they routinely lose 5-8 games each season?

Are you seriously arguing Alex Smith is as good as those guys?

Fat Elvis 06-28-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9782153)
I expect to see far more passes from Alex Smith this year, most in the 0-20 range where he excels.

And that's not a bad thing at all. It only takes 10 yards to get a first down.

Slow down there mister, you just talking crazy talk now.

themanwithnoname 06-28-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9781647)
As do Jim Plunkett, Brad Johnson, Kurt Warner, Doug Williams, Joe Theisman, Lenny Dawson and Trent Dilfer.

But there's only ONE WAY!

LMAO

Seriously guys, get over yourselves.

Awesome you prop up your argument by citing what is by far proven throughout the history of the league as the far less successful way of building a team. ROFL

Drafting and developing your own QB accounts for what ~75% of Super Bowl winners? And the rest almost all either were from a very different era or had one off success (like the Ravens and Bucs both of which needed exceptional defense). Brees is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that actually won one that is comparable to the Alex Smith situation, and that required a lot. Brees stepped up his game so dramatically coming off a serious injury. Smith already had a serious injury and did not come back any better, and certainly nowhere close to the improvement that Brees showed.

Your argument is like the idiots that cite some "scientists" that don't believe in something like evolution. Of course if you compare the numbers of them to the opposite then you see just how stupid it is to use them as an argument.

Brady, Aikman, Elway, Favre, Rogers, Roethlisberger, Manning, Manning, Montana, Young, Starr, Naimath, Bradshaw, Staubach, Namath, Griese, Stabler, Flacco...do I really need to continue?

I'd have to check but I think even just making the Super Bowl would have a similar ratio.

But hey, yeah let's buy into the Chiefs way of doing the same thing and expecting different results. :banghead:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9782109)
WTF are you talking about? Are you actually reading posts or just responding aimlessly?

I am more than happy to have rational discussions with people about football, what I am referring to in the post you quoted is the abundance of people that are already discussing what is going to happen as if it were already fact and how this team is doing nothing to get better.

I haven't belittled anyone that wasn't acting like an asshat to begin with. If you think otherwise prove it.

This place is being ruined by posters who think they know everything there is to know and everyone else is idiotic, especially the people who aren't negative about the team.

I have done nothing but state my frustration with that attitude and say that I am willing to give this FO, these coaches and Alex Smith a chance.

Learn to comprehend.

Granted I haven't read all the posts but I don't see anyone saying they haven't gotten any better, but most people seem to accept that they really haven't done enough to actually move towards seriously competing for a championship. And short of Alex Smith having his skin grafted over an android, anything that will get them where they want to go (Super Bowl) will require years of development (although if we get lucky maybe that has already started via either Bray or Stanzi but I'm not holding my breath; that's still the most interesting thing to me though is if either of them can make enough improvement to push for becoming the starter).

And what happens if the negative "idiots" are right? Oh let me guess you'll be all for "giving them a chance" to the next QB/coach/etc. Hey, great to have optimism, but calling people idiots for being able to see a recurring pattern of mediocrity and failure is just well, stupid.