ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

Jerm 01-03-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 14004277)
https://media.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gif

Very good. If you havent done so, their magnum opus is FTL. I suggest playing it on PC or Ipad.

If you want other similar rogue like suggestions, that is my forte.

Yeah FTL was awesome...never been a real big RTS guy but man ITB is awesome. It's more like chess than anything, great game.

htismaqe 01-03-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 14004276)
I thought the first one was boring as hell. Yeah, the graphics are cool and all but omg the game was boring.

It's a stripped-down, no-nonsense gameplay loop. I actually like it. It's a little bit puzzle, a little bit platform, and a little bit action.

DJJasonp 01-04-2019 09:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thought i would share my latest project. A hybrid retro/mame machine....but instead of cabinet or mini-cabinet, I used an ikea coffee table. Light enough to easily move from room to room. Lots of USB and HDMI inputs on the side of the table for quick connect.

Graphics, etc. all done by myself. Feeling pretty good for a guy who barely passed wood shop in junior high!

vailpass 01-04-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 14007174)
thought i would share my latest project. A hybrid retro/mame machine....but instead of cabinet or mini-cabinet, I used an ikea coffee table. Light enough to easily move from room to room. Lots of USB and HDMI inputs on the side of the table for quick connect.

Graphics, etc. all done by myself. Feeling pretty good for a guy who barely passed wood shop in junior high!

Forgive me for not knowing but what exactly is that? A video game? Gaming rig?

DJJasonp 01-04-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14007199)
Forgive me for not knowing but what exactly is that? A video game? Gaming rig?

Its a controller(s) that use emulators to play retro arcade games, nintendo, sega, etc etc. The controls hook up to computer whuch does the rest.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

vailpass 01-04-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 14007203)
Its a controller(s) that use emulators to play retro arcade games, nintendo, sega, etc etc. The controls hook up to computer whuch does the rest.

And you built it into a coffee table?
****ing cool.
What do you use for a monitor/ display?

DJJasonp 01-04-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14007220)
And you built it into a coffee table?

****ing cool.

What do you use for a monitor/ display?

Hdmi out to anything (tv, etc). I built a cabinet before, but i wanted something portable this time!

vailpass 01-04-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 14007239)
Hdmi out to anything (tv, etc). I built a cabinet before, but i wanted something portable this time!

Tech meets ingenuity meets craftsmanship. Well done.

Mecca 01-04-2019 10:45 PM

I literally watched a guy take one of those new mini arcade cabinets they're selling...they're perfect for sitting in a chair in front of..and he used a retro pie to basically make it a perfect gaming rig.

Demonpenz 01-05-2019 12:54 AM

stop pirating old games. Buy the actual neo geo cartridges

Imon Yourside 01-05-2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14007328)
stop pirating old games. Buy the actual neo geo cartridges

lolz NO thanks

DJJasonp 01-05-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14007260)
I literally watched a guy take one of those new mini arcade cabinets they're selling...they're perfect for sitting in a chair in front of..and he used a retro pie to basically make it a perfect gaming rig.

yep - you can use computer or raspberry Pi/retropie.

I've used both - but for Dreamcast, Wii, and more recent arcade games, you have to have a computer/decent graphics card.

The raspberry pi is a perfect (and cheap) option if you're only interested in the retro arcade games.

vailpass 01-05-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14007260)

Next time try watching it figuratively and report back on the differences.

Kidd Lex 01-05-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 14007174)

Care to build more and sell them? I’d be a customer.

DJJasonp 01-05-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis (Post 14007872)
Care to build more and sell them? I’d be a customer.

its something I've considered - but again, I'm not super great with woodworking, etc.

The table I used presented a few problems with mounting of joysticks/trackball due to the actual table part being extremely thin.

If I do go that route (and find some time), I'll report back.