ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

Mr. Plow 12-26-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10311471)
See heres the thing. I shouldn't have to pay for each of my kids to be able to watch netflix or whatever on their account when they may not even play an online game. On PS this is not an issue because my ONE PSN account covers everyone. On XB each person has to have an account to be able to access things like netflix. Its bullshit.

EDIT
On
XB I would have to allow my kids access to my profile to do online things. Then my youngest would accidentally purchase something. I don't have to worry about that on PS.

I know what you're saying and can see your side of it, I just don't personally see it as that big of a deal. The cost for them to have an account was minimal.

As far as purchasing things goes, they couldn't do that anyway if it's set up correctly. I had my little ones set up with a "childs" profile. Their profile didn't have any CC#'s, etc set up for them to purchase. They could purchase things if they wanted to through my account, but they had to have my email/password in order to complete the purchase - which they didn't have.

007 12-26-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10311496)
I know what you're saying and can see your side of it, I just don't personally see it as that big of a deal. The cost for them to have an account was minimal.

As far as purchasing things goes, they couldn't do that anyway if it's set up correctly. I had my little ones set up with a "childs" profile. Their profile didn't have any CC#'s, etc set up for them to purchase. They could purchase things if they wanted to through my account, but they had to have my email/password in order to complete the purchase - which they didn't have.

I know they can't purchase on their own child accounts but for them to watch netflix they had to be on my account. Because they litter that dashboard will loads of ads for games and such, that is what happened. This was about a year ago. MS reversed the charge thankfully but it took a lot of back and forth with them to get it done.

bowener 12-26-2013 05:57 PM

It is complete bullshit that people have to pay twice to use Netflix. I am sort of surprised Netflix hasn't tried to get MS to change this policy.

Gravedigger 12-26-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10311852)
It is complete bullshit that people have to pay twice to use Netflix. I am sort of surprised Netflix hasn't tried to get MS to change this policy.

If you're paying for multiplayer, then it technically costs you nothing. If you're a single player only person who doesn't use Xbox Live then yeah, you can have an argument.

Mr. Plow 12-26-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10311745)
I know they can't purchase on their own child accounts but for them to watch netflix they had to be on my account. Because they litter that dashboard will loads of ads for games and such, that is what happened. This was about a year ago. MS reversed the charge thankfully but it took a lot of back and forth with them to get it done.

Ahh, I see what you're saying. Purchasing on YOUR acct, not theirs. Makes sense.

Mr. Plow 12-26-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10311852)

Meh. No need to force them to change. It's not like people are buying these machines to watch Netflix. If they are, there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Anyong Bluth 12-26-2013 08:34 PM

Stupid move on my part- visiting family until late Sunday night, and should have packed up the One to come along. I rarely have good chunks of free time to just play games, but this week I've got tons of time and a bit bored as all **** that I could have used to waste plenty of time amusing myself with a few xbone sessions.

Gravedigger 12-26-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10311983)
Stupid move on my part- visiting family until late Sunday night, and should have packed up the One to come along. I rarely have good chunks of free time to just play games, but this week I've got tons of time and a bit bored as all **** that I could have used to waste plenty of time amusing myself with a few xbone sessions.

Rookie mistake. Hate to see it.

Anyong Bluth 12-26-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10312019)
Rookie mistake. Hate to see it.

Ha ha. Yes, mea culpa, and I take full responsibility.

-King- 12-27-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10311922)
Meh. No need to force them to change. It's not like people are buying these machines to watch Netflix. If they are, there are cheaper alternatives out there.

This. I don't get the complaints either.

htismaqe 12-27-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10311922)

A lot more of us would be USING them to play games AND watch Netflix.

Microsoft's double-dipping policies made me a PS user. Plain and simple.

Mr. Plow 12-27-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10312917)
A lot more of us would be USING them to play games AND watch Netflix.

Microsoft's double-dipping policies made me a PS user. Plain and simple.

So you bought a PS simply because you don't have to have a PS+ acct to access Netflix?

EDIT: Just remembered you are the offline only player. I understand your view on it then.

htismaqe 12-27-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10312967)
So you bought a PS simply because you don't have to have a PS+ acct to access Netflix?

EDIT: Just remembered you are the offline only player. I understand your view on it then.

M$ has changed things this generation by creating a Family Pass gold account but one of the other big reasons I switched from 360 to PS3 is because to play couch coop games like Diablo3 and Sacred with my daughter, on the same console, M$ wanted us BOTH to pony up for Gold.

Mr. Plow 12-27-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10313051)
M$ has changed things this generation by creating a Family Pass gold account but one of the other big reasons I switched from 360 to PS3 is because to play couch coop games like Diablo3 and Sacred with my daughter, on the same console, M$ wanted us BOTH to pony up for Gold.

The old version of the Family Pass for the 360 was that they gave you 4 live profiles for $100/year - what is the difference for the new ones (cost/# of people allowed, etc)? They did away with my version awhile ago. But, they gave like 6 months free Live so I'm good until I get the next system (PS4/Xbone).

Lzen 01-08-2014 03:45 PM

Why Sony's PS4 Is Crushing Microsoft's Xbox One In Sales So Far

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...-sales-so-far/