ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Simply Red 12-05-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8169749)
1. if you stole the horse they tend to run away

2. if you bought the horse then it should only move a little ways away

3. if you fast travel your horse will just show up at whatever stable your near so you don't have to worry about losing him. Just fast travel to a stable and pick him back up.

also if you are dragon hunting then i suggest taking elemental resist potions and equipment.

You're not allowed to call Clay a nerd anymore, Laz.

whoman69 12-05-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8166534)
Are they related to the muffin man?

The muffin man?

Mr. Laz 12-05-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8171483)
Dragons must respawn. I found one at a place i'd already killed one. Thought, "wtf i killed this guy already". So i bounced around to all the places I'd already killed em, and there they were again. Wiped out about 4-5 of them again. Mount Anthor, etc...

This Elder is a bitch though. I've got that ****ing annoying ass immortal dog with me now though. I think maybe he can provide enough of a distraction to keep him busy while i hammer that ****er with my big spells. If that doesn't work I'm getting rid of that ****ing dog. He runs into me and pushes me all over hell whenever i stop and he blocks every ****ing doorway. And he barks, all the time. If he was my dog I'd put the bitch down.

make sure you are using the right spells

attack it with the opposite element that it's attacking you with ... same thing if you are using Atronachs. Fire Atronach is awesome on frost dragons, although you have to keep re-summoning them because they die fast.

I usually go stealth and throw a fire Atronach out there as bait. It gives me a chance to get a good position from which to fight. A big boulder is usually good enough. Just need some place to duck behind during fire breath attacks.

Mr. Laz 12-05-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8171486)
You're not allowed to call Clay a nerd anymore, Laz.

shhhhh ... don't tell anyone

Skyy God 12-05-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8169027)
My companions keep dying what do I do?

They only die from friendly fire.

WhiteWhale 12-05-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 8171858)
They only die from friendly fire.

LMAO

I was gonna say "Stop killing them."

Yeah. I accidentally killed lydia with my Thu'um.

She wasn't in the way at first, but she got in the way just in time to get herself aced.

WhiteWhale 12-05-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8169072)
I'm level 35, probably have like 50+ hours played and haven't used a companion yet. If they're anything like the ones in Fallout 3, I think they're more of a nuisance than anything else. So my advice is obviously to stop using them.

Also, I just wanted to let you guys know that Absorb Health makes an enchanted weapon more valuable than Turn Undead. Just a heads up.

Yeah, but absorb health is a much more rare enchantment. Damage Stamina/Turn undead are enchantments I get really early in the game.

Pants 12-05-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8171942)
Yeah, but absorb health is a much more rare enchantment. Damage Stamina/Turn undead are enchantments I get really early in the game.

Oh. I only have 1 character and it was one of the earliest enchantments I got. I guess I got lucky. :)

WhiteWhale 12-05-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8171951)
Oh. I only have 1 character and it was one of the earliest enchantments I got. I guess I got lucky. :)

It's pretty random. I got the 'damage stamina' enchantment on the ax the White run jarl gives you after killing the dragon.

Ultra Peanut 12-05-2011 12:13 PM

My buddy Uthgerd got taken out by a pack of vampires (and maybe a fireball, *cough*) yesterday. She was a true G.

*pours out Nord mead*

Also, holy shit this game. My excitement for it was more or less nonexistent prior to release because I just felt burnt out on Bethesda, but they made something so unbelievably fun to wander around in that I can't even muster the urge to play SR3.

Pants 12-05-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8171974)
Also, holy shit this game. My excitement for it was more or less nonexistent prior to release because I just felt burnt out on Bethesda, but they made something so unbelievably fun to wander around in that I can't even muster the urge to play SR3.

I feel 100% the same way.

Sofa King 12-05-2011 01:11 PM

This Markarth questline has me wondering if i just seriously ****ed everything up.

Spoiler!

frankotank 12-05-2011 02:24 PM

OK…this get get a little long….but I don’t know WHAT the hell I’m doing! I just started and went with the cat man guy. Guess I’m gonna play a stealth game….not really sure what that really means in the long run. I have no experience with a game of this type. I read this blog a lot and have NO IDEA what you guys are talking about almost all the time. Very first thing I needed to do is go talk to some lady. So I follow the arrow and by the time I get to her door I have no lock picks left because I broke into anything I could every chance I got. So I’m thinking it SUPER STUPID that I have to pick the damn lock to get into the house where the lady is that I need to talk to. Did I do something wrong? I found an inn and bought some picks and got into the dang house and talked to her…..just thought it weird I had to pick the lock.
Picking stuff up…..I have NO IDEA what I should or shouldn’t pick up. Once I figured out that I could sell as well as buy at the inn, I sold everything I had except for weapons. I can’t figure out how to tell if I have too much stuff (where is the weight info) and I have no idea what to pick up.
I found a bow. If I pull the trigger to arm the bow, is there any way I can disarm? Seems like once it’s ready to go I have no choice but to shoot?
I stole something at the inn and the inn keeper and his wife killed me. So it got me thinking…..if you run around being a turd all the time will everyone know everywhere you go and try to kill you?

MoreLemonPledge 12-05-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8172332)
OK…this get get a little long….but I don’t know WHAT the hell I’m doing! I just started and went with the cat man guy. Guess I’m gonna play a stealth game….not really sure what that really means in the long run. I have no experience with a game of this type. I read this blog a lot and have NO IDEA what you guys are talking about almost all the time. Very first thing I needed to do is go talk to some lady. So I follow the arrow and by the time I get to her door I have no lock picks left because I broke into anything I could every chance I got. So I’m thinking it SUPER STUPID that I have to pick the damn lock to get into the house where the lady is that I need to talk to. Did I do something wrong? I found an inn and bought some picks and got into the dang house and talked to her…..just thought it weird I had to pick the lock.
Picking stuff up…..I have NO IDEA what I should or shouldn’t pick up. Once I figured out that I could sell as well as buy at the inn, I sold everything I had except for weapons. I can’t figure out how to tell if I have too much stuff (where is the weight info) and I have no idea what to pick up.
I found a bow. If I pull the trigger to arm the bow, is there any way I can disarm? Seems like once it’s ready to go I have no choice but to shoot?
I stole something at the inn and the inn keeper and his wife killed me. So it got me thinking…..if you run around being a turd all the time will everyone know everywhere you go and try to kill you?

Not sure what you're talking about with the first part.

What you decide to pick up is up to you and how much weight you can carry. The weight of the item is right there in the description, next to the value. The total amount of weight you can carry is at the bottom right of your inventory screen. I pick up anything that seems valuable (some weapons and armor) but won't weigh me down too much, and most ingredients because they don't weigh much at all. Sell all of the weapons and armor and crap when you can, disenchant for new recipes, and use the ingredients for alchemy.

As for the bow, on Xbox you just push X to put your bow back down after you've drawn it. Not sure about PS3 or PC. I guess whatever button you use to sheathe your weapons.

Each city has its own bounty. If you're an asshole at Whiterun, the guards will chase you and everyone will hate you, but that doesn't carry over to other cities. Pay off your bounties and you should be fine.

Pants 12-05-2011 02:41 PM

People lock their houses at night, frank. That's why it gave you the option to pick the lock. If you wait or come back later during the day, the lady will be either out and about or her house will be unlocked.