ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Brock 10-13-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9009359)
I believe we say 'q' now.

I forgot.

Brock 10-13-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9009332)
I got no problem with drafting that guy at 15 or 20. What I got a problem with is drafting that guy at 5 or at 8.
'

The **** difference does it make?

BossChief 10-13-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9009371)
Stopped reading right there.

That makes no sense if you're in the Chiefs' position.

this

RealSNR 10-13-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9009374)
The **** difference does it make?

Repost.

Today is not your day.

DeezNutz 10-13-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9009371)
Stopped reading right there.

That makes no sense if you're in the Chiefs' position.

I think I've expressed the exact same thing to keg before. For the life of me, I don't get that logic when we're talking about a team with a mediocre, at best, draft record.

So we overdraft on a QB? And? As opposed to a 5 tech or a host of other slapdicks at differing points in the draft?

Yes, overdrafting isn't the goal, but potential reward is simply too great with a QB, and top-of-the-line guys are going to be in short supply under the new CBA.

keg in kc 10-13-2012 10:59 PM

And I say do better at the draft. Drafting Mark Sanchez is no better than drafting Tyson Jackson. Except you're wasting 3 or 4 picks instead of one. You guys say "we're desperate, throw shit at the walls until something sticks!". And I say "stop drafting like idiots". And drafting Sanchez or Tannehill is, to me, still drafting like idiots. A bust is still a bust even if it's a QB. You don't get bonus points for trying. Stop drafting crap. That's all.

RealSNR 10-13-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9009406)
And I say do better at the draft. Drafting Mark Sanchez is no better than drafting Tyson Jackson. Except you're wasting 3 or 4 picks instead of one. You guys say "we're desperate, throw shit at the walls until something sticks!". And I say "stop drafting like idiots". And drafting Sanchez or Tannehill is, to me, still drafting like idiots. A bust is still a bust even if it's a QB. You don't get bonus points for trying. Stop drafting crap. That's all.

Mark Sanchez has potential to live up to that value because he's a QB.

Tyson Jackson never will live up to that draft value.

When we draft a Jackson or a Dontari Poe, we're committing suicide. When we draft Sanchez, we're only playing Russian Roulette, and if we win, somebody hands us $100 million

That's how it works, and that's why throwing shit at the wall until it sticks is the only way we can solve our QB hole.

keg in kc 10-13-2012 11:08 PM

Mark Sanchez did not ever have the potential to live up to that spot. Neither did Tannehill. In my opinion, of course.

I am not, however, saying "draft Tyson Jackson", either. That was always a crazy pick. And not in a good way.

RealSNR 10-13-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9009414)
Mark Sanchez did not ever have the potential to live up to that spot. Neither did Tannehill. In my opinion, of course.

Your opinion sucks. Both of those guys had unknown potential. Nobody knew how they would take to the NFL, but they were also the kind of players who, if they did well, would have people going, "Oh, yeah. That QB is really good now. Interesting." As in, nobody would have been simply astounded that they beat the odds and became good.

The Bad Guy 10-13-2012 11:20 PM

Tannehill sucks now?

Jesus.

RealSNR 10-13-2012 11:23 PM

I'm really glad we have Dontari Poe, and a bunch of garbage offensive linemen that nobody wants. If we had traded them all away to get that piece of shit Ryan Tannehill, the Chiefs would be soooo terrible right now.

Reaper16 10-13-2012 11:25 PM

Tannehill is one of 4 QBs in NFL history to throw for 1,000 yards in his first four games. Food for thought.

tk13 10-13-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9009436)
Tannehill is one of 4 QBs in NFL history to throw for 1,000 yards in his first four games. Food for thought.

That's impressive, but it's a different game now. People throw that stat around like he's going to be Dan Marino. Maybe he will be... but it's just a different game now. The game is much more wide open now and way more young QB's are starting.

BryanBusby 10-13-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9009414)

I am not, however, saying "draft Tyson Jackson", either. That was always a crazy pick. And not in a good way.

I like how a rookie QB has already failed to meet expectations. (which isn't even true)

You're talking out of your ass.

tk13 10-13-2012 11:30 PM

The good thing about Tannehill is he did land in a spot where Mike Sherman's coaching him. I will agree with that, even though the Dolphins are a train wreck of an organization... in some ways it was the best place he could go because he could hit the ground running with his OC.