ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268694)

NewChief 02-16-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9408589)
Both teams played poorly.

Yeah, I didn't mean it like "it was only close because ArkansS played like crap" or anything like that. Just in reference to my pregame comment that we were due to play like shit at home soon. I haven't seen any hog boards yet or heard hog can reactions, but I hate games where officiating becomes such a focal point.

gblowfish 02-16-2013 07:41 PM

You know, this is going to sound crazy, but the thought has crossed my mind that Phil might be shaving points or throwing games for $. He just does unfathomable things sometimes at critical points of games.

And Bowers was a total POS today.

Seemed like Pressey and Bowers both wanted to give Anderson a win. The whole thing just stinks.

stonedstooge 02-16-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9408632)
You know, this is going to sound crazy, but the thought has crossed my mind that Phil might be shaving points or throwing games for $. He just does unfathomable things sometimes at critical points of games.

Seemed like Pressey and Bowers both wanted to give Anderson a win. The whole thing just stinks.

Except Flip Flop has played like he did today in several games this year. But stranger things have happened

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-16-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9408632)

Bowers is too high character of a guy for that, but I could absolutely be convinced that Pressey is throwing road games. There's too big of a home/road split in his play.

warpaint* 02-16-2013 08:27 PM

No offense but y'all are off your rocker. Nobody's throwing games. They're just a bad road team. It should look familiar. Mike Anderson had them virtually his entire time here. Pressey plays out of control, doesn't play through contact, and jacks up shots he has little chance of making but that doesn't mean he's throwing games it means he doesn't play within himself and needs his butt parked on the bench until he figures it out. Keion Bell is one ba mofo.

warpaint* 02-16-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9408361)
Yes it is. Maryville is my hometown too. My Dad taught at NWMSU until his death in 1987.

Awesome. I love Maryville. Home away from home. The Cats won a tough game today against Washburn 63-61.

warpaint* 02-16-2013 08:51 PM

The other thing about today. The two typically major contributors that were MIA in terms of Bowers and Pressey were also the only two guys on the team that played for Anderson unless I am missing somebody. Perhaps the emotions of the game affected their play in a bad way. I do specifically recall that Pressey was one of the most upset players along w/ Steve Moore when LMA slithered out of town.

ImAWalkingCorpse 02-16-2013 09:05 PM

It definitely within the realm of Pressey's ability to throw a game. The Tigers had it won until Pressey came in and did his usual. He ran into the Arkansas guy on purpose and then threw the ball away. Flip flop should be sent to the bench for the next game at the very least, and that very most thrown off the team.

GloryDayz 02-16-2013 09:12 PM

I know this, Missouri citizens should be better set for the next big depression than many other states. Like a pair of boots, Missouri residents have learned how to face bad news with the likes of the Chiefs, Royals, Rams and Mizzou... Tons of fail in all our Missouri programs...

Molitoth 02-16-2013 09:30 PM

I just don't really care that much about sports now days because rooting for the Royals, Chiefs, Tigers is just hopeless.

PS: Pressey sucks a turd.

Pepe Silvia 02-16-2013 09:38 PM

Thanks goodness Mizzou is my only thorn in my side sports wise, I have the Packers and Cardinals at least. I feel for the Chief/Royal/Mizzou fans, that has to be horrible.

GloryDayz 02-16-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9409055)
Thanks goodness Mizzou is my only thorn in my side sports wise, I have the Packers and Cardinals at least. I feel for the Chief/Royal/Mizzou fans, that has to be horrible.

http://www.inspirational-quotes-shor...orture-now.jpg

CoMoChief 02-16-2013 10:24 PM

DOH!!!

KcMizzou 02-16-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9408526)
Mizzou basketball is such a drag to watch sometimes. How can this team be so bi-polar?
It's un-frickin-real.

They could be SO GOOD!

:banghead:

DJ's left nut 02-17-2013 01:29 AM

I'm not going back through the game thread here because frankly, there's only one acceptable response to that game and I don't feel like slogging through one or two 'fair' fans trying to claim that Mizzou lost because of {insert attempted legitimate reason here}.

I really just want to make sure that someone confirmed that Pete hasn't killed himself. Because for a guy that blames everything on the officials, to have a game like this where the officiating clearly ****ed us and couldn't have been more blatantly one-sided if the goddamn referees where screaming SOOOEEEEE!! during the ****ing breaks, well that had to be a tough one for ol' Pete.

**** you, officiating crew. **** you right in the faces with whatever rusted-ass implement I have handy...or Rosie O'Donnell's dick.

Goddammit that was hideous. That was an absolute robbery and it'll be a damn shame if the SEC doesn't review that 'performance' very closely and issue some pretty stern reprimands, at least behind closed doors. That was completely unacceptable.