ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread, Part 2 **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280658)

KC_Connection 02-10-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10424111)
Is orr is the hospital yet for using a racial slur?

Are you in one yet for using one on this forum yesterday about Smart?

Lzen 02-10-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10424219)
Address specifically what you had a problem with in my arguments. What exactly do you disagree with? I've said Smart deserved a suspension, my only thing is that there needs to be accountability for the fan's actions too (no matter what the insult was).

As for my bias, sure, I can admit it. It's there and it's not going away. But I'm debating with a bunch of people on here who have had a hate on for Marcus Smart all season. You could easily make exactly same statement for them.

Okay, I don't think you presented it quite like that originally. It sounded as if you thought Smart deserved a bit of a break (less of a suspension) simply because the fan was a jerk. That's where I think your judgement is iffy. Although you did admit that the suspension is the right thing to do.

And I agree that if fans go overboard they should be dealt with BY THE SCHOOL, not by players. Lord knows KU players have to deal with crap from fans. When they used to play MU it was always crap from the Antlers. And some of that stuff got to be pretty vile.

As for Smart, I didn't care either way before this season. I really didn't have a big problem with him. Not even after he back flipped at AFH last year. But after seeing all of his antics this year I don't care much for him. That being said, I don't blame him for getting mad at a fan shouting obscenities. But harsh words is NEVER an excuse for going into the stands. NEVER.

Ceej 02-10-2014 09:30 AM

So, far I've got one tall beer bet with a KSU fan. Looking for another sucker.

Nothing like free, tall, cold beer.

KC_Connection 02-10-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10424249)
Okay, I don't think you presented it quite like that originally. It sounded as if you thought Smart deserved a bit of a break (less of a suspension) simply because the fan was a jerk. That's where I think your judgement is iffy. Although you did admit that the suspension is the right thing to do.

No, I always said Smart was in the wrong for resorting to violence. Doesn't make what was said. If you let insults justify violent reaction, it sets a bad precedent.

Quote:

And I agree that if fans go overboard they should be dealt with BY THE SCHOOL, not by players. Lord knows KU players have to deal with crap from fans. When they used to play MU it was always crap from the Antlers. And some of that stuff got to be pretty vile.
Yes, they absolutely should be dealt by the schools. Not essentially protected in a PR statement and allowed to "voluntarily" miss games for this kind of conduct.

Quote:

As for Smart, I didn't care either way before this season. I really didn't have a big problem with him. Not even after he back flipped at AFH last year. But after seeing all of his antics this year I don't care much for him. That being said, I don't blame him for getting mad at a fan shouting obscenities. But harsh words is NEVER an excuse for going into the stands. NEVER.
I agree, just saying that my Smart bias isn't the only one prevalent here. I also don't think our viewpoints are as far apart as you might have thought they were. In fact, it seems they are pretty much on the same plane.

ArrowheadHawk 02-10-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10424259)
So, far I've got one tall beer bet with a KSU fan. Looking for another sucker.

Nothing like free, tall, cold beer.

:thumb:

Ceej 02-10-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 10424270)
:thumb:

Which reminds me -- was your guys card charged twice? PM if need be.

Reerun_KC 02-10-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10424238)
Are you in one yet for using one on this forum yesterday about Smart?

No because neither you or Bambi have done it yet. You guys threaten, but have yet to follow through...

kstater 02-10-2014 09:38 AM

Rumblings Jamari Traylor not playing tonight. Suspended for an altercation over the weekend. Interesting if true.

Ceej 02-10-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 10424283)
Rumblings Jamari Traylor not playing tonight. Suspended for an altercation over the weekend. Interesting if true.

If so, it's imperative Embiid stays out of foul trouble. I can see Gipson/Williams getting physical with him much like Ridley.

DJay23 02-10-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10424296)
If so, it's imperative Embiid stays out of foul trouble. I can see Gipson/Williams getting physical with him much like Ridley.

Landen Lucas is a capable backup to our backup. I'm not too worried.

ArrowheadHawk 02-10-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10424275)
Which reminds me -- was your guys card charged twice? PM if need be.

Nope just once. About the worst service I have ever had though.

Ceej 02-10-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 10424310)
Landen Lucas is a capable backup to our backup. I'm not too worried.

Oh, for sure. The kid has been playing with good energy and rebounds well. I would just rather prefer Embiid to not get into foul trouble (duh) especially in this game.

Ceej 02-10-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 10424311)
Nope just once. About the worst service I have ever had though.

Well, next get together we will get you two a couple of drinks, but most certainly not from Lazy Toad.

KC_Connection 02-10-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10424280)
No because neither you or Bambi have done it yet. You guys threaten, but have yet to follow through...

I know you're joking, but I haven't made any threats here or anywhere else.

KC_Connection 02-10-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 10424283)

Not good, need him for when Embiid gets in foul trouble (and he almost always does with road reffing). Lucas has to step up.