ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread, Part 2 **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280658)

sedated 02-10-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 10424310)
Landen Lucas is a capable backup to our backup. I'm not too worried.

Agreed. Lucas has really surprised me when called upon this year. If he gets extended minutes, it will be interesting to see if he can step up his offensive game to match his defense and rebounding.

sedated 02-10-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10424275)
Which reminds me -- was your guys card charged twice? PM if need be.

After the crap service they charged your card twice? I'd dispute that - probably the waitress trying to get some extra cash because she was tipped (and deserved) about 5%

Mr. Plow 02-10-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10424516)
After the crap service they charged your card twice? I'd dispute that - probably the waitress trying to get some extra cash because she was tipped (and deserved) about 5%

Ceej got off for free if I remember correctly.

saphojunkie 02-10-2014 11:14 AM

I totally started a new gameday thread. Because that other one is all wrong.

Pablo 02-10-2014 11:50 AM

Kansas, Florida, and Syracuse at 6/1 for NC. Zona behind them at 15/2.

Buehler445 02-10-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10424296)
If so, it's imperative Embiid stays out of foul trouble. I can see Gipson/Williams getting physical with him much like Ridley.

That's what I'm expecting. I had to listen to the last game on the radio and they suggested that there may be more to embiids knee than he or the coaches are letting on. Don't know if any of it is true or he's just in a slump but it certainly fits. I'm expecting him to have trouble with Gipson and Williams down there ala Ridley.

It's still amazes me though that they weren't that physical in AFH. They've been physical in other games but didn't seem to even try to be physical in AFH. At least from my perspective. Outside of the first 5 or 6 minutes KSU looked like we did against Texas. Maybe we are just that much better than KSU but I doubt it. I'm thinking this will be a tough game and I won't be surprised if we drop it. Particularly if Embiid doesn't play well.

On the Embiid note KCC is right, if he contributes at all, it changes the game drastically. He did basically nothing in the first half and ended up with a double double and that was basically what we beat them by. We need Embiid in this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10424332)
Not good, need him for when Embiid gets in foul trouble (and he almost always does with road reffing). Lucas has to step up.

I've been a Lucas homer all year, so I think he will fill in but Traylor has been playing some really good ball lately. If he can't go it will be hard to replace that. Black needs to stay out of trouble too.

KC_Connection 02-10-2014 01:08 PM

KSU didn't bring any energy at AFH. KU was playing very well and they looked a bit shell shocked really. I don't expect that will be the case at home.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-10-2014 01:30 PM

I haven't heard anything about this supposed suspension for Traylor tonight anywhere.

Silock 02-10-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10424788)
I haven't heard anything about this supposed suspension for tonight anywhere.

Me either.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-10-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10424806)
Me either.

Yeah everyone on twitter thinks I'm crazy lol. They're like WTF?

saphojunkie 02-10-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10424846)

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...3d/Awkward.gif

Lzen 02-10-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10424846)

I think you've been trolled by ksu fan.

Lzen 02-10-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10424521)
Ceej got off for free if I remember correctly.

Yeah, as I recall they got off free but we later learned that Arrowheadhawk was charged for Ceej's stuff or something to that effect. That waitress was the worst I've had in a long, long time. Guru says that is their reputation unless you're a regular. He says he goes there with a regular and they get great service. That's not a good way to do business.

Mr. Plow 02-10-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10424967)
Yeah, as I recall they got off free but we later learned that Arrowheadhawk was charged for Ceej's stuff or something to that effect. That waitress was the worst I've had in a long, long time. Guru says that is their reputation unless you're a regular. He says he goes there with a regular and they get great service. That's not a good way to do business.

I think she mischarged everyone.... Ceej got charged for Arrowhead, Arrowhead got charged for sedated, sedated got charged for Ceej. She fixed everyone's bill & undid the charge to Ceej....but he had already left.

ArrowheadHawk 02-10-2014 03:41 PM

Up to #7 in the rankings. Finally both polls match up.