ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317770)

Easy 6 10-31-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13860068)
Berry would have to be practicing by next week in order for him to play in Mexico City. I'd guess there's almost 0% chance of that happening.

Incorrect, he can practice on Cardinals week and then play limited snaps in MC

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13860074)
Nah bring him back to get ready for January. That’s when we’ll need him.

Cant just throw him out there for the playoffs, he needs gametime to not only shake off the rust... but gel with all the new faces

Otter 10-31-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13860094)
What? I mean you can make a list of UDFA's who ended up being good but its irrelevant. We have other guys who are on the roster like Ward who never see the field.

Its a ridiculously weak argument.

Just put this in your head: Eric Berry hasn't played for over a year. A full year. Almost going on 2 seasons.

Women give birth and get 12 weeks maternity leave before the have to show up for work again.

And again, you're white knighting him like I'm saying kick him off the team as opposed to just give someone a shot until he can play.

You must have loved Steve Bono.

Marcellus 10-31-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13860099)
Incorrect, he can practice on Cardinals week and then play limited snaps in MC

Cant just throw him out there for the playoffs, he needs gametime to not only shake off the rust... but gel with all the new faces

I'm just guessing but I'm thinking he starts practicing after Arizona and starts playing after the bye week. 6 games to end the regular season 3 games in the playoffs. :D

Sassy Squatch 10-31-2018 03:34 PM

Regardless of what he does or doesn't do for us this year, get rid of him at the earliest moment it is feasibly possible. An NFL player that needs constant coddling because of "pain management" is ****ing worthless.

Dante84 10-31-2018 03:35 PM

I'd honestly be fine letting him suit up for the Rams, Ravens and Chargers, sitting him the others until the playoffs.

Easy 6 10-31-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13860103)
I'm just guessing but I'm thinking he starts practicing after Arizona and starts playing after the bye week. 6 games to end the regular season 3 games in the playoffs. :D

That'd be fine, I suppose...

So long as the idea isnt to suddenly throw him out there in the playoffs

Marcellus 10-31-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13860101)
Just put this in your head: Eric Berry hasn't played for over a year. A full year. Almost going on 2 seasons.

Women give birth and get 12 maternity leave.

And again, you're white knighting him like I'm saying kick him off the team as opposed to just give someone a shot until he can play.

Give me all the shit you want, but a couple things for sure- nobody around here knows what white knighting actually means apparently, and you are seriously comparing Steve Bono to Eric Berry?

3rd thing, if he goes on IR now either he cant come back or we don't get Watts back.

The reality of the situation is this, we are lucky he didn't start the season on IR because it still gave us 2 IR designated to return spots to use during the season and we are going to be using both of those. ON SAFETIES. So Berry not being placed on IR is actually going to help long term, assuming he plays this season which you should assume since he is in fact NOT on IR.

BossChief 10-31-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13860106)
Regardless of what he does or doesn't do for us this year, get rid of him at the earliest moment it is feasibly possible. An NFL player that needs constant coddling because of "pain management" is ****ing worthless.

Kill yourself

Kiimo 10-31-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13860101)

Women give birth and get 12 weeks maternity leave before the have to show up for work again.

Look I'm not trying to make you mad but your argument just doesn't make any sense. You don't have to IR Berry to give someone else a shot. Lucas is getting a shot right now without Berry going to IR. Putting Berry on IR accomplishes nothing but adding an extra scrub to the roster

PAChiefsGuy 10-31-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13860034)
Do you honestly think he would really do that to the Chiefs? The entire organization stood behind Berry through his cancer situation, why would he be disgruntled again?

OKChiefs is just a whiny bitch...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13860106)

Spoken like a dude who has never had a serious injury his whole life much less beaten cancer like Eric Berry has.

Stick to talking about your cozy desk job and not football keyboard warrior.. You obviously have no idea how bad pain can be due to an injury from a sport.

BossChief 10-31-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13860110)
Give me all the shit you want, but a couple things for sure- nobody around here knows what white knighting actually means apparently, and you are seriously comparing Steve Bono to Eric Berry?

3rd thing, if he goes on IR now either he cant come back or we don't get Watts back.

The reality of the situation is this, we are lucky he didn't start the season on IR because it still gave us 2 IR designated to return spots to use during the season and we are going to be using both of those. ON SAFETIES. So Berry not being placed on IR is actually going to help long term, assuming he plays this season which you should assume since he is in fact NOT on IR.

Clark Hunt said Eric is really close to returning. Eric is like family to Clark. I’d almost be willing to bet $ he’s back after the bye week.

Otter 10-31-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13860110)

Thank you for correcting me. I was wrong.

There's a thing called Google if you need to look up "white knighting". I just used it to look up "NFL IR PLAYER RETURN".

Don't use consonants in a search term. They'll just be ignored by the search engine.

OKchiefs 10-31-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13860115)
Kill yourself

Do you speak to people that way in real life?

OKchiefs 10-31-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13860119)
OKChiefs is just a whiny bitch...

You would literally jump at the chance to suck Alex Smith's dick. Go over to the Redskins board, it should be a positive move for you since they're so much closer.

Otter 10-31-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13860116)
Look I'm not trying to make you mad but your argument just doesn't make any sense. You don't have to IR Berry to give someone else a shot. Lucas is getting a shot right now without Berry going to IR. Putting Berry on IR accomplishes nothing but adding an extra scrub to the roster

This is where we're not seeing eye to eye.

What has Berry accomplished in almost 2 seasons?

A scrub might actually work out in a surprise way as opposed to a $75 million dollar card board cutout.