ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Bad Boys: Ride or Die (2024) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352858)

Tribal Warfare 03-26-2024 05:10 PM

Bad Boys: Ride or Die (2024)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hRFY_Fesa9Q?si=x7uddRxI-Uh9N-YQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 03-26-2024 06:02 PM

This franchise has fallen far.

The first is awesome and the second was enjoyable as a bigger, better sort of deal. I don’t remember a single thing about the third except that the bad guy ended up being Will Smith’s kid.

WhawhaWhat 03-27-2024 06:06 AM

Agree with you. The series basically followed the same line as what Die Hard did.

That said I'll probably be going to the theater to watch it.

DanBecky 03-27-2024 08:14 AM

This is like watching Pierce and KG on the Brooklyn Nets.

Wallcrawler 03-27-2024 08:30 AM

Big face plant incoming.

The third film was an abomination. You killed off Joe Pantoliano's Captain character for no other reason than shock value and turned his murderer into Mike Lowry's son.

All while incorporating jokes about how these guys were too old and had no business doing this anymore at this point.

It'll be a shittier Lethal Weapon 4 at best at this point.

Kman34 03-27-2024 06:18 PM

Went downhill after the first one with hottie Tea Leoni..
https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_...760;center,top

UteChief 03-27-2024 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17459381)
Big face plant incoming.

The third film was an abomination. You killed off Joe Pantoliano's Captain character for no other reason than shock value and turned his murderer into Mike Lowry's son.

All while incorporating jokes about how these guys were too old and had no business doing this anymore at this point.

It'll be a shittier Lethal Weapon 4 at best at this point.

Damn I don’t remember the third at all.

BleedingRed 03-28-2024 09:21 AM

Wait there was a third one?

Rausch 03-29-2024 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 17459995)
Went downhill after the first one with hottie Tea Leoni..
https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_...760;center,top

Would.

Would cut off my arm for chance level of "would..."

Wallcrawler 04-05-2024 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 17460029)

It's better this way.

Jokes about Marcus not being able to kill the bad guys because he doesn't have his glasses peppered throughout what is supposed to be the films best action set pieces was so ****ing annoying.

It's probably the same dumbass that thought fans of Lethal Weapon would want to see an old stove up Martin Riggs not being able to keep up with the guy he's chasing, and getting his ass beat by scrubs he would've absolutely annihilated in previous films.

It was just crammed down our throats in Bad Boys For Life that Mike and Marcus were too old. After Mike is shot and lying comatose in a hospital, Marcus is seen dying the gray put of Mike's beard so he can keep up his facade of not getting old.

It's clear that the filmmakers know they ****ed up by killing off Joe Pantoliano's captain character the way that they did, because they've now had to shoehorn him back into this fourth film through video messages he left them before he died?

Come on.

DJ's left nut 04-05-2024 09:01 AM

This is Will Smith jumping back into a franchise with some built up equity in the hopes he can rehab his image.

Dude can't get an original movie made at the moment. So this is what he's going to have to do until he can get clear of the Oscars slap.

Sassy Squatch 04-05-2024 09:27 AM

Probably be a much easier route to throw Jada to the curb.

Mephistopheles Janx 04-05-2024 09:42 AM

Will Smith has entered the Tom Cruise area of my brain.

Won't watch him. If we never hear from him or his annoying ass family ever again I would be thrilled.

ThaVirus 04-05-2024 10:01 AM

You’re missing out. Tom Cruise is ****ing awesome.

Will Smith’s well past his prime but he’s got potential if he can find his stride like Cruise has.

Stryker 04-05-2024 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 17460029)

Bad Boys for Life - IT SUCKED!

This new one needs to be awesome as redemption for that last piece of shit!

Mephistopheles Janx 04-05-2024 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17472031)

I just can't give that cultist money. I did wind up watching TG2 once it hit streaming because the group wanted to watch it and I wasn't gonna be a bitch and storm out. Before that... the last time I saw Cruise in a movie was Tropic Thunder and even then I had no idea he was in it until I got to the Lex Grossman scenes (which were amazing). Before that... War of the Worlds in 2005.

Quote:

Will Smith’s well past his prime but he’s got potential if he can find his stride like Cruise has.
The dude has worn out his welcome in my brain space.

ThaVirus 04-05-2024 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 17472057)
I just can't give that cultist money. I did wind up watching TG2 once it hit streaming because the group wanted to watch it and I wasn't gonna be a bitch and storm out. Before that... the last time I saw Cruise in a movie was Tropic Thunder and even then I had no idea he was in it until I got to the Lex Grossman scenes (which were amazing). Before that... War of the Worlds in 2005.

The dude has worn out his welcome in my brain space.

Ah, we’re just very different then.

I still listen to R. Kelly and Chris Brown. I like to think I am VERY good at separating the art from the artist lol

Mephistopheles Janx 04-05-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17472065)
Ah, we’re just very different then.

I still listen to R. Kelly and Chris Brown. I like to think I am VERY good at separating the art from the artist lol

I can for the most part as well. Just not with Cruise. lol

Regarding your profile pic... I just finished the Zamasu arc in Super.

ThaVirus 04-06-2024 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 17472084)
I can for the most part as well. Just not with Cruise. lol

Regarding your profile pic... I just finished the Zamasu arc in Super.

Nice. I watched Super a few years back, during the COVID times. What do you think? I thought it had some cool parts but mostly could take it or leave it.

I actually just finished watching DBZ Kai a couple weeks ago, though. My first time re-watching the series since I was probably 11. It was still as awesome as I remembered.

DJ's left nut 04-08-2024 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17472031)

Tom Cruise season ticket holder.

That dude just doesn't miss. Especially now that he's left his artsy phase and just makes entertaining shit that he wants to make.

One of the last of the true Movie Stars. And with AI likely emerging into the space in the coming decades, probably the very last real mega star we're likely to see.

notorious 04-08-2024 03:26 PM

Sad Boys: Ride in a Wheelchair and Die

ThaVirus 04-08-2024 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17475453)
Tom Cruise season ticket holder.

That dude just doesn't miss. Especially now that he's left his artsy phase and just makes entertaining shit that he wants to make.

One of the last of the true Movie Stars. And with AI likely emerging into the space in the coming decades, probably the very last real mega star we're likely to see.

Yeah, I think it was here in some other thread we were discussing Action Movie Star Mt Rushmore.

Cruise would make mine.. and I’m young enough that I missed a good portion of the beginning of his career.

notorious 04-08-2024 05:21 PM

Cruise, Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Willis?

It gets tough when you can only pick the top 4.

ThaVirus 04-08-2024 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17475580)

Yep, that’s why I love the Mt Rushmore question. It gets very crowded, very quickly.

Schwarzenegger is my only FOR SURE pick, I think. He’s the only no brainer.

For others, you have to consider legends like Stallone, Willis, and Van Damme. Do you consider classic legends like Chuck Norris or even Clint Eastwood? How about guys who aren’t purely action movie stars but made a great name in the action movie world like Harrison Ford, Will Smith, and Denzel Washington. Do any of the new school guys make it? Vin Diesel, The Rock, and Jason Statham. What about the guys who started as something else and transitioned to action stars? Like Cruise and Keanu Reeves.

Also also, do you consider martial arts movie action stars like Jackie Chan? I am thinking I might want to work Jackie Chan into my Mt Rushmore.

Stryker 04-08-2024 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17475637)
Yep, that’s why I love the Mt Rushmore question. It gets very crowded, very quickly.

Schwarzenegger is my only FOR SURE pick, I think. He’s the only no brainer.

For others, you have to consider legends like Stallone, Willis, and Van Damme. Do you consider classic legends like Chuck Norris or even Clint Eastwood? How about guys who aren’t purely action movie stars but made a great name in the action movie world like Harrison Ford, Will Smith, and Denzel Washington. Do any of the new school guys make it? Vin Diesel, The Rock, and Jason Statham. What about the guys who started as something else and transitioned to action stars? Like Cruise and Keanu Reeves.

Also also, do you consider martial arts movie action stars like Jackie Chan? I am thinking I might want to work Jackie Chan into my Mt Rushmore.

Eastwood, Stallone, Norris, Schwarzenegger Runner up, Jackie Chan

Pasta Little Brioni 04-09-2024 08:49 AM

Deberg came back? Perfect movie for him

Mephistopheles Janx 04-09-2024 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17473399)
Nice. I watched Super a few years back, during the COVID times. What do you think? I thought it had some cool parts but mostly could take it or leave it.

I actually just finished watching DBZ Kai a couple weeks ago, though. My first time re-watching the series since I was probably 11. It was still as awesome as I remembered.

This is my second watch but I first watched Dragonball about 3 years ago. I skipped OG this time around and ran through Kai and now through Super and the related movies.

I'm actually enjoying it a LOT. I'm now at the Grand Zeno Expo. Beerus and Whis are my favorite characters in the series. Chi-Chi is the absolute worst.

I started watching because my little brother is a huge fan since he was a kid and I wanted that commonality with him. I've tried it with other series he enjoyed like Cowboy Beebop and I couldn't even finish the single season.

I've avoided GT per my brother's instructions but at this point I think I'm gonna go ahead and watch that now.

DJ's left nut 04-09-2024 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17475580)

I'd replace Willis with Eastwood.

But Eastwood requires a broader definition of action movie. He didn't exactly do a lot of hand fighting out there. He may fit more neatly into either the western or detective genre.

And both Damon and Keanu deserve a look here as well. Damons issue is that he's really a one-franchise guy. But with Reeves, man it's hard to keep him off that list.

Wick franchise
Matrix franchise
Speed
Point Break
Johnny Mnemonic
47 Ronin
He also directed on that's really damn good that nobody saw - Man of Tai Chi

And a couple of kinda crappy ones that weren't really his fault - Constantine and Street Kings. I'm sure there are others depending on how you define them. But his action movie catalogue is awfully extensive.

Hell, the more I think about it, the more inclined I am to put him into that 4 spot.

Arnold, Cruise, Sly, Reeves

It works. Strangely.

notorious 04-09-2024 04:43 PM

I like Constantine, damnit.

notorious 04-09-2024 04:45 PM

Do you go to see the movie or the actor? That's where it breaks down for me.

I saw Armageddon because it looks like an awesome movie that Willis just happened to be in.

Die Hard was great because of Willis, but once again he wasn't the reason I saw it.

Sly and Arnold I watch the movie because of them. Period. I really can't say that about Cruise, but his movies are pretty badass because of him.

Easy 6 04-09-2024 04:50 PM

I've only watched the first one, way back when

Rarely missed an episode of Martin back in the day, awesome tv... but as a movie star he doesn't move the needle... and Will Smith is the exact same guy in every movie, such a boring actor IMVHO

ThaVirus 04-09-2024 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17476611)
I like Constantine, damnit.

I’m with you. I thought Constantine was dope; never understood the hate for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 17476620)
and Will Smith is the exact same guy in every movie, such a boring actor IMVHO

Ok, screw you, pal!

Enemy of the State, Legend of Bagger Vance, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds, I Am Legend, Ali, Concussion, King Richard - all very different characters.

I hate to bring it up because it’s a garbage movie but he was also a totally different character than the ones he typically plays in After Earth as well.

ThaVirus 04-10-2024 01:05 PM

I’d be remiss if I didn’t even mention Wesley Snipes!

I love Blade and Undisputed but when your best action role is playing second fiddle to Sly, you ain’t making any Mt Rushmores.

DJ's left nut 04-10-2024 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17477309)

I love Blade and Undisputed but when your best action role is playing second fiddle to Sly, you ain’t making any Mt Rushmores.

Has anyone ever had more fun making a movie than Snipes did in Demolition Man?

Dude ate AAAAAALLLLLL the scenery. G'damn that was a wild performance. Don't get me wrong, to whatever extent that movie worked it worked because of Snipes. But man, 'over the top' barely seems to describe it.

"Illuminate....deluminate..."

You know that wasn't in the script. They just let the kid cook...

(as I think about it, I'm not sure there WAS a script. They just threw a pile of amphetamines and Wesley and Armand Asante and told them to go to town. Wait, Armand Asante was Judge Dredd....potayto, potahto...)

Buehler445 04-10-2024 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17477309)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17477319)

Dude ate AAAAAALLLLLL the scenery. G'damn that was a wild performance. Don't get me wrong, to whatever extent that movie worked it worked because of Snipes. But man, 'over the top' barely seems to describe it.

(as I think about it, I'm not sure there WAS a script. They just threw a pile of amphetamines and Wesley and Armand Asante and told them to go to town. Wait, Armand Asante was Judge Dredd....potayto, potahto...)

Bullock being profoundly hot in it didn't hurt.

You wanna know my sneaky underrated Snipes action flick? Passenger 57. Die Hard villain - airplanes - skydiving? I'm in. I wanted to go skydiving so bad after that.

Buehler445 04-10-2024 08:44 PM

I didn't know we were having a action movie rushmore discussion in here. Damn it.

This is a really tough one.

If we're narrowing it to 4, I'm leaving off Arnold. It's dumb, probably the wrong move and I'm going to get roasted for it, but I think it's the move. For me anyway.

DJLN has a point with Reeves. Dude has assembled quite the resume.

Stalone I think has to be in there.

I gotta go with Hemsworth. I'm apparently the only one, but if he's in something wrecking shit, I'm in. Hell, he managed to save a god awful Snow White movie in which Kristen Stewart gave an all time bad performance. I mean ALL ****ING TIME. But dude, Thor, obviously, Crappy Snow White movie he was awesome in, Red Dawn that everyone hated, but I thought he was good in, Rush - F1 - whatever he was good, 12 Strong was Excellent, and Extraction. If he's there, I'm there.

Cruise is a damned compelling case. Him doing his own mind boggling stunts is for real.

I think Jackie Chan has a pretty compelling case. He just isn't ever unenjoyable. Jet Li and Donnie Yen, are guys that are probably better and I'd rather watch work, but goddamn Chan has a TON of good stuff out there (even if I don't dig the slapstick stuff as much as some guys).

I think a guy that shouldn't be on Rushmore, but should maybe have an argument is Mel Gibson. Yeah, drunken jew rant, and yeah, if he's in a historical drama the history will be all wrong all the time, but I tell you what is always good - the action. In going through this, I am surprised at how much I like Mel Gibson's action flicks.

Willis too. There is an argument that he is only the die hard series, but he was good in 16 Blocks (really good), and I liked him in Lucky number Slevin and the whole nine yards as well as the Fifth Element. I never saw Tears of the Sun, but I hear it's good.

Another outsider that won't make it, but I think should be in the Discussion is Chris Evans. My favorite Marvel action scenes almost exclusively include Cap. I think the Winter Soldier street fight is my favorite fight scene maybe ever.

Reeves, Stalone, Hemsworth, Cruise.

There it is. I'll probably change my mind in 15 minutes.

ThaVirus 04-11-2024 09:31 AM

Oh, you mother****er!

Problem with leaving Arnie off is that his catalog is just too strong, IMO. He’s going to wash most others with Terminator, T2, Total Recall and Predator alone. Those are all certifiable classics.

He’s got his schlock, don’t get me wrong, but even his campy shit (Commando & Conan) and comedies (Jingle All the Way. Love it.) are high grade. And that’s before you get into his stuff that’s a step down but still decent like some of the other Terminators, True Lies, End of Days, Last Action Hero, etc.

I like Hemsworth but most of his stuff is closer to the aforementioned End of Days, Running Man tier types than all-timers like Predator and Terminator. Just my opinion. Hemsworth is great though.

ThaVirus 04-11-2024 09:33 AM

Mel Gibson is a good call, though. He’s another with low key heavy hitters. Mad Max, Lethal Weapon, Braveheart, The Patriot.

I haven’t seen it in forever but remember liking Payback too lol

notorious 04-11-2024 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17477319)

That movie kicks ass.

DJ's left nut 04-11-2024 07:10 PM

Yeah, just can't leave Arnold off. It's like not putting Ruth in the Hall of Fame. He essentially created the genre.

Gibsons a good one but I dunno - his seem to be war movies more than action movies (apart from lethal weapon) and I do think there's a distinction though I kinda struggle to define it.

Wallcrawler 04-12-2024 08:35 AM

Chris Hemsworth over Arnold Schwarzenegger has to be the worst side effect of magic mushrooms I've ever seen.

Mine has to go

1.Sly. I'd watch Rambo shoot people while sitting in a wheelchair and shitting his depends. Sure, Sly could be labeled one note, but i like the sound of that one note. Expendables was okay.

2. Schwarzenegger. T2 alone is argument for the top spot, then you toss in Predator, Commando, Running Man, Total Recall, he has such a wide range of awesome films that aren't just the one character. It's pure personal preference of Rambo that has Arnie at 2, he should be like 1b with Sly.

3. Keanu Reeves. Matrix was awesome in its time but God damn did John Wick come out of nowhere and become one of the most insane kill fests in action film history. So ****ing good.

4. Bruce Willis. Die Hard junkie. Loved the first 3, was super sad that 4 went PG13 in a cash grab move, and 5 was like wow. Ok Bruce really didn't want to do Die Hard anymore. However, The Last Boy Scout is one of my favorite Bruce Willis movies of all time. If you touch me again I'll kill you.

Cruise isn't on here due to my inability to separate the art from the artist. He's just a wierd ****ing dude.

ThrobProng 04-12-2024 09:09 AM

Back when the action genre was blowing up in the 80s, there were 4 top stars: Arnold, Sly, Van Damme, and believe it or not, Steven Seagal.

There were other guys like Willis, Gibson and Cruise, but they always seemed more like "regular" actors who dabbled in action, rather than action stars.

ThaVirus 04-12-2024 09:32 AM

Cruise is definitely a true actor who happened to be phenomenal in action roles. Of all the names we've thrown around in here, he’s gotta be the best actual actor of the bunch. I can’t tell if that makes him more or less impressive. Who deserves more points: a guy like Cruise who is talented enough to dominate any role or a guy like Arnie who rose to the top of the mountain despite clearly not being a natural?

In any case, check out this filmography:

Top Gun, Top Gun: Maverick, Days of Thunder, Mission: Impossible 1-7, Minority Report, Collateral, The Last Samurai, War of the Worlds, Jack Reacher, Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow.

All while putting in top notch drama efforts in flicks like A Few Good Men and Jerry Maguire as well as funny features in Tropic Thunder and Austin Powers lol dude’s career is absurd.

Something I’m noticing is that the heavies all have at least one major action franchise boosting their status. Willis has Die Hard, Arnie’s got Terminator, Sly has Rambo, etc.

Then there’s Keanu with two of them..

DJ's left nut 04-12-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 17477821)

You wanna know my sneaky underrated Snipes action flick? Passenger 57. Die Hard villain - airplanes - skydiving? I'm in. I wanted to go skydiving so bad after that.

I'm not sure I thought she was hot in that movie. Truthfully, I'm not sure I've ever seen her as 'hot'.

Cute. Sure. Legit marriage material. But hot? Nah, never got there. Not with her stupid little bob haircut.

Closest she ever got to hot was probably The Blind Side. And even that was probably the accent doing most of the heavy lifting.

Again, since Judge Dredd and Demolition Man are basically the same movie, gimme Diane Lane as Hershey over Bullock as Huxley 100 times out of 100.

As for Passenger 57 - I'm terrified to speak to that movie at all now that ThaVirus is in the thread...

notorious 04-12-2024 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17479456)
Chris Hemsworth over Arnold Schwarzenegger has to be the worst side effect of magic mushrooms I've ever seen.

Mine has to go

1.Sly. I'd watch Rambo shoot people while sitting in a wheelchair and shitting his depends. Sure, Sly could be labeled one note, but i like the sound of that one note. Expendables was okay.

2. Schwarzenegger. T2 alone is argument for the top spot, then you toss in Predator, Commando, Running Man, Total Recall, he has such a wide range of awesome films that aren't just the one character. It's pure personal preference of Rambo that has Arnie at 2, he should be like 1b with Sly.

3. Keanu Reeves. Matrix was awesome in its time but God damn did John Wick come out of nowhere and become one of the most insane kill fests in action film history. So ****ing good.

4. Bruce Willis. Die Hard junkie. Loved the first 3, was super sad that 4 went PG13 in a cash grab move, and 5 was like wow. Ok Bruce really didn't want to do Die Hard anymore. However, The Last Boy Scout is one of my favorite Bruce Willis movies of all time. If you touch me again I'll kill you.

Cruise isn't on here due to my inability to separate the art from the artist. He's just a wierd ****ing dude.

Reads like poetry. A+, will read again. LMAO

Pepe Silvia 04-12-2024 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 17477821)

Passenger 57 had a young Liz Hurley. Oh my. :p

ThaVirus 04-12-2024 03:02 PM

Listen, I’m contractually obligated to love Wesley Snipes. He was the black action guy during my formative years. Not to mention White Men Can’t Jump and Too Wong Fu, Thanks for Everything are 10/10s in my book.

I’m just saying, the jobs he took definitely exhausted a formula. 90s action flick starring Wesley Snipes as Agent Whozawhatsit charged with foiling some nefarious plot or caper. Fun while you watch but ultimately pretty forgettable.

And maybe that’s not fair as that’s probably the case for most actors. Like Denzel. I felt like there was a solid 10-15 years where every role he took was some sort of detective or law enforcement agent.

For funsies, though, let’s play a game. Y’all were much better at this when I did it with the Mission: Impossible series than I thought so let’s see how well you know your Snipes 1990s action flicks!

I’ll start you off with synopses here. I got halfway through before I realized that these titles are a hell of a lot more intuitive than I would have hoped so giving you the titles would make this a bit too easy. See if you can guess the title just based on your memory. If you’re struggling, take a peek at the spoiler to see which eight Snipes flicks I’ve included (they aren’t in the proper order):

1. John Cutter (Wesley Snipes) is a former policeman flying to Los Angeles to start his new job working for the anti-terrorism unit of a major airline. However, apprehended terrorist Charles Rane is on the flight, too, being transported by the FBI. After Rane's accomplices kill the FBI agents and free him, Cutter realizes the entire flight is in danger. With the help of flight attendant Marti Slayton, Cutter tries to capture Rane and free the passengers.

2. Red, an ageing con artist, is released from prison together with the easily-led Ronnie, a young hoodlum. When their latest scam leads to the death of a US Secret Service agent, the man's partner vows revenge - but he is told he has only one week to snare the killers before he is transferred.

3. He is both agent and weapon - a critical line of defense for the Secretary General of the United Nations. He does not even officially exist. Neil Shawn(Wesley Snipes), an American agent who must uncover an international plot to bring down the United Nations on the eve of an historic summit with China. A mysterious chain of events leads to the murder of the Chinese U.N. Ambassador. When Shaw is accused of the crime, he must go underground -- in effect, vanish from his own life

4. When a prostitute is found dead in a Los Angeles skyscraper occupied by a large Japanese corporation, detectives John Conner and Web Smith (Wesley Snipes) are called in to investigate. Although Conner has previous experience working in Japan, cultural differences make their progress difficult until a security disc showing the murder turns up. Close scrutiny proves the disc has been doctored, and the detectives realize they're dealing with a cover-up as well.

5. An airplane bearing gruff U.S. Marshal Sam Gerard crashes in the wilderness. On board the same flight is Mark Sheridan (Wesley Snipes), a federal prisoner accused of double murder, who escapes during the ensuing chaos, but not before rescuing several people from the wreckage. Gerard is ordered to hunt down the fugitive along with State Department agent John Royce, and the two pursue Sheridan relentlessly, despite growing doubts about his guilt.

6. A daring prison break from an airliner at 30,000 feet leaves U.S. Marshal Pete Nessip (Wesley Snipes) mourning a brother and gunning for revenge. After being ordered to turn in his badge, he seeks out Jessie Crossman, a noted skydiver, and offers to sponsor her crew for the annual Independence Day parachuting show in Washington, D.C., if she trains him. Meanwhile, the mastermind behind the mid-air jailbreak is planning a daring computer theft on Independence Day

7. A secretary is found dead in a White House bathroom during an international crisis, and Detective Harlan Regis (Wesley Snipes) is in charge of the investigation. Despite resistance from the Secret Service, Regis partners with agent Nina Chance. As political tensions rise, they learn that the crime could be part of an elaborate cover-up. Framed as traitors, the pair and Regis' partner break into the White House to expose the true culprit

8. Charlie is a New York City transit cop with a mountain of gambling debts, and John (Wesley Snipes) is his responsible, and frequently exasperated, foster brother. They compete amicably for the affections of fellow officer Grace, but things become more serious when Charlie decides to rob the "money train" that carries the Transit Authority's daily proceeds. John must decide whether to prevent Charlie's crime or to join in on the heist

Spoiler!

DJ's left nut 04-12-2024 03:07 PM

Money Train is the one where Jennifer Lopez shows her boobs.

That's all I remember about it.

ThaVirus 04-12-2024 03:21 PM

Huh, I haven’t seen that one since the 90s.

…….I'll be back. Something just came up.

ThaVirus 04-12-2024 03:22 PM

Were they better than Rosie’s in White Men Can't Jump?

DJ's left nut 04-12-2024 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17479880)
Huh, I haven’t seen that one since the 90s.

…….I'll be back. Something just came up.

She makes Wesley look startlingly black.

I mean that's mostly just Wesley Snipes but the contrast is marked...

It's worth 20 seconds of your time. And when I was 15 it was worth that 20 seconds a solid 4 or 5 times on a loop...

DJ's left nut 04-12-2024 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17479882)

Yessir.

It was her apex of hot, IMO. And it's not like she's aged poorly.

Pepe Silvia 04-12-2024 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17479882)

Rosie Perez had a great rack.

Kman34 04-16-2024 10:11 PM

Just watched the trailer... Looks awful.. Martin Lawrence has a fat face and Will is getting old.. Pass..