ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music KQRC 98.9 the rock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210506)

sodcat 07-17-2009 06:28 PM

KQRC 98.9 the rock

Anyone else think they play way to many commercials? I was driving home this evening they played 2 or 3 songs than about 6 minutes of commercials and other junk. Is XM worth the price and is the reception quality good, at least in the KC area? THanx for any input. I was out in VA beach last summer and their radio station, WNOR was 10 times better, and a lot larger selection of songs unlike the rock who plays a lot of the same songs.

Bowser 07-17-2009 06:31 PM

Way too many commercials, and way too many of the same old, same old songs. I have Sirius, and it is worth every single dime (never thought I'd say that about the thought of buying radio, but there it is).

And speaking of which, whatever happened to Jason Nivins in the evening? He was actually a pretty entertaining dude (as far as radio clowns go).

Halfcan 07-17-2009 07:35 PM

Johnny Dare is fuggin annoying as hell-shut the fug up already and play some music.

petegz28 07-17-2009 07:39 PM

98.9 Rock=Metallica, AC\DC, Godsmack, Metallica, AC\DC, Godsmack, Metallica, Ozzy, AC\DC, Godsmack, Metallica, AC\DC, Led Zepplin, AC\DC, Godsmack, AC\DC, Metallica, AC\DC, Pink Floyd, AC\DC, Godsmack, Metallica, AC\DC, AC\DC, AC\DC, Godsmack.....

Bowser 07-17-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5907638)
98.9 Rock=Metallica, AC\DC, Godsmack, Metallica, AC\DC, Godsmack, Metallica, Ozzy, AC\DC, Godsmack, Metallica, AC\DC, Led Zepplin, AC\DC, Godsmack, AC\DC, Metallica, AC\DC, Pink Floyd, AC\DC, Godsmack, Metallica, AC\DC, AC\DC, AC\DC, Godsmack.....

Right after requested Santa Monica!

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5907638)

Yeah, but they ARE #1. Must be doing SOMETHING right.

Bowser 07-17-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEKChiefsFan (Post 5907649)
Yeah, but they ARE #1. Must be doing SOMETHING right.

Yeah, there's nothing else to compete with. They are it when it comes to "rock" in KC.

petegz28 07-17-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5907652)
Yeah, there's nothing else to compete with. They are it when it comes to "rock" in KC.

This.....

If it weren't for 98.9, however, I would not have invested in a bad ass stereo and sound system for the camaro that plays CD's and MP3's!!!!!

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5907652)

I mean they're #1 over EVERY station. It's a VERY well programmed station. That's why there's no direct competition; they kicked everyone's ass who tried.

Bowser 07-17-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEKChiefsFan (Post 5907689)
I mean they're #1 over EVERY station. It's a VERY well programmed station. That's why there's no direct competition; they kicked everyone's ass who tried.

Their musical selection sucks. Johnny does his thing in the morning; Moose has the 80's selections down; NeanderPaul does a little harder stuff, with the same rectycled shit thrown in (by request), and Ryan Westward brings a bit more edge to the music, but has zero personality (and does anyone know what happened to Nivins? He was there, then gone, just like that). My point is that you could almost carbon copy each day of 98.9, then replay it day after day, almost down to the same songs at the same part of each day. It's that repetitive and predictable.

mikeyis4dcats. 07-17-2009 07:59 PM

thats corporate radio.

I give them credit for at least trying to stray as far as Entercom will allow them.

Bowser 07-17-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 5907704)
thats corporate radio.

I give them credit for at least trying to stray as far as Entercom will allow them.

I agree, and that's why I love satellite. It's nice to hear songs you haven't heard in forever, if not some you've never heard on a radio from your favorite artists.

petegz28 07-17-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5907707)
I agree, and that's why I love satellite. It's nice to hear songs you haven't heard in forever, if not some you've never heard on a radio from your favorite artists.

Kansas City rock stations are all the same...Pnk Floyd, Led Zepplin, AC\DC, Metallica,,,when 99.7 (the old 102) was still around, at any given time you could flip between 98.9, 101 and 102 and hear one of those bands......

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5907702)
Their musical selection sucks. Johnny does his thing in the morning; Moose has the 80's selections down; NeanderPaul does a little harder stuff, with the same rectycled shit thrown in (by request), and Ryan Westward brings a bit more edge to the music, but has zero personality (and does anyone know what happened to Nivins? He was there, then gone, just like that). My point is that you could almost carbon copy each day of 98.9, then replay it day after day, almost down to the same songs at the same part of each day. It's that repetitive and predictable.

I guess my point is that, well, it WORKS. KQRC's numbers are up significantly right now. I mean, I GET that it's stale and repetitive, but for every one of us that HATES small playlists, there are 50 that keep listening to it. That's why Sirius exists (although THEIR highest rated channels have, guess what, very tight playlists... just no commercials).

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 5907704)
thats corporate radio.

Realistically, Entercom couldn't care LESS what any of their stations play, as long as it's profitable. Period.

Bowser 07-17-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEKChiefsFan (Post 5907715)
I guess my point is that, well, it WORKS. KQRC's numbers are up significantly right now. I mean, I GET that it's stale and repetitive, but for every one of us that HATES small playlists, there are 50 that keep listening to it. That's why Sirius exists (although THEIR highest rated channels have, guess what, very tight playlists... just no commercials).

At your station, do you have "all request hours", and if you do, are you governed by what songs you can play? Example - could you play Van Halen's D.O.A. if someone called up and asked to hear it?

Bowser 07-17-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEKChiefsFan (Post 5907715)

And just to be clear, I totally agree with what you're saying. This is just a long running personal pet peeve I have with radio stations in KC, and 98.9 in particular.

JuicesFlowing 07-17-2009 08:09 PM

I hate commercials, but it pays their bills. Thankfully there is more than one station to go to when commercials come on. What I mostly hate is the timing, especially on sports talk radio, when they "go too long" on a segment, then when they come back from commercial break, they talk for 14 seconds then have to break to commercials again. Bleh ... at least the radio doesn't play them too loud ... "HEY, BILLY MAYS HERE ....."

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 08:12 PM

We don't have "all-request" times, per se. I DO take requests, and as long as it fits the general motif of the station, sure I'll play it. EVERY 35-50 year old guy is familiar with DOA, and that's who I'M programming to (on my classic rock station, anyway. I have other stations with other formats for other audiences.) For the vast majority of ANY music stations audience, a major truism is "They don't know what they like, they like what they know"... So as long as a song is familiar to the target listener, hell, yeah it's playable.

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5907723)
And just to be clear, I totally agree with what you're saying. This is just a long running personal pet peeve I have with radio stations in KC, and 98.9 in particular.

I hear ya. I have many friends that worked there for a long time, so I had a backstage view for a while. But you can't argue with success... Remember, it's "Show Business", not "Show Art", so the primary goal is to make as much money as possible.

Bowser 07-17-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEKChiefsFan (Post 5907732)
We don't have "all-request" times, per se. I DO take requests, and as long as it fits the general motif of the station, sure I'll play it. EVERY 35-50 year old guy is familiar with DOA, and that's who I'M programming to (on my classic rock station, anyway. I have other stations with other formats for other audiences.) For the vast majority of ANY music stations audience, a major truism is "They don't know what they like, they like what they know"... So as long as a song is familiar to the target listener, hell, yeah it's playable.

Cool, you're sure to hang onto some listeners that way. I can think of two stations that absolutely KILL 98.9 when it comes to programming - 89.7 The River in Omaha, and 100.1 The Buzz in Mid-Missouri. NEVER the same ol, same ol on those two.....

I should tape a week's worth of songs from 98.9 and let you listen, then you'd be as annoyed as I am, lol.

Bugeater 07-17-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5907742)
Cool, you're sure to hang onto some listeners that way. I can think of two stations that absolutely KILL 98.9 when it comes to programming - 89.7 The River in Omaha, and 100.1 The Buzz in Mid-Missouri. NEVER the same ol, same ol on those two.....

I should tape a week's worth of songs from 98.9 and let you listen, then you'd be as annoyed as I am, lol.

Apparently you have never listened to The River two days in a row.

Al Bundy 07-17-2009 08:20 PM

They introduced me to Halestorm. That girl can sing and she is beautiful.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 07-17-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5907757)
Apparently you have never listened to The River two days in a row.

Eh, you got me there. They certainly play a wider selection than does 98.9. I usually just hear them when I head up and back in a day for work.

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5907742)

ROTFL Oh I know what they're playing... AND how often. I gotta tell ya, though, as far as rock stations go, 98,9 really is pretty good at it. They would demolish the Buzz, guaranteed, and I haven't heard the Omaha station, so I reserve jusgement... but I still bet 98,9 would win.

Demonpenz 07-17-2009 08:24 PM

do they still have the pit? That they can play commercials all day long just to have everyone change the channel once the hardest half hour of hardcore comes on.

Bowser 07-17-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEKChiefsFan (Post 5907768)
ROTFL Oh I know what they're playing... AND how often. I gotta tell ya, though, as far as rock stations go, 98,9 really is pretty good at it. They would demolish the Buzz, guaranteed, and I haven't heard the Omaha station, so I reserve jusgement... but I still bet 98,9 would win.

I'll yield to the expert here. Pete just struck a nerve in showing what the Rock plays earlier in the thread. They certainly are a cashcow for Entercom...

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5907777)
I'll yield to the expert here. Pete just struck a nerve in showing what the Rock plays earlier in the thread. They certainly are a cashcow for Entercom...

Exactly. And that's why they won't change till they need to.

sedated 07-17-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5907504)
And speaking of which, whatever happened to Jason Nivins in the evening? He was actually a pretty entertaining dude (as far as radio clowns go).

Nivins was fired.

According to J.Dare, Entercom fired all of their evening guys as a part of a major layoff - didn't matter the name, the 7pm guys all got the boot.

Bugeater 07-17-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5907767)
Eh, you got me there. They certainly play a wider selection than does 98.9. I usually just hear them when I head up and back in a day for work.

They're definitely out of the mainstream as far as the type of music they play, that's for sure, but they are repetitive. I had to listen to that channel for three weeks straight when I was working on a Walgreen's a couple years ago because the goddamn electricians were blaring it every day, by the end of the third day I wanted to put a bullet in my brain.

Then again, music radio in general sucks, I usually listen to sports talk if radio is the only option.

Bowser 07-17-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 5907791)
Nivins was fired.

According to J.Dare, Entercom fired all of their evening guys as a part of a major layoff - didn't matter the name, the 7pm guys all got the boot.

Well that sucks. Nivins was WAAAY better at the entertaining part of his job than Ryan Westward is.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 08:33 PM

Piss on KC radio!

(static)

"Come On and Drink some DraIn-O(Drain-O)"!

(static)

"And he said some day I hope you get the chance, to hear some bacon FRYYYYYYYYYYYIN'"!

(static)

"EXXXXXXIT Cool!, ENNNNNTER SUU-UU-UCK; we're off to big-assed Bankroll Land"

(sound of gun shooting radio)

sedated 07-17-2009 08:37 PM

A couple of issues with 98.9:

- The drive at 5 - "60 MINUTES of non-stop rock" - goes 45 minutes max, and the dipshit DJ talks through the whole thing. I don't mind 45 minutes, but don't advertise "60 MINUTES" when it isn't.

- They apparently HAVE to play that Living Colour "Personality" song every day, like they signed a 50 year contract. Its always on. They can't stick with a quality single, but I still hear shit from Living Colour on a daily basis. same goes for Stabbing Westward.

sedated 07-17-2009 08:38 PM

98.9's self-promotion even includes the biggest red-necks you've ever heard, so I think they are aware of the stigma...errr...audience.

Bowser 07-17-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 5907820)
A couple of issues with 98.9:

- The drive at 5 - "60 MINUTES of non-stop rock" - goes 45 minutes max, and the dipshit DJ talks through the whole thing. I don't mind 45 minutes, but don't advertise "60 MINUTES" when it isn't.

- They apparently HAVE to play that Living Colour "Personality" song every day, like they signed a 50 year contract. Its always on. They can't stick with a quality single, but I still hear shit from Living Colour on a daily basis. same goes for Stabbing Westward.

And don't forget "You" from Candlebox. Always by request.

sodcat 07-17-2009 08:40 PM

Even Johnny Dare is getting old, seems the same-o same-o each morning! Sometimes when on line I tune into http://www.knac.com/ at least they mix it up pretty good!

DaneMcCloud 07-17-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 5907631)
Johnny Dare is fuggin annoying as hell-shut the fug up already and play some music.

Johnny was lame in the late 80's/early 90's when he deejayed at the Lone Star in Westport.

I can't even imagine how bad it is now...

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 5907824)
98.9's self-promotion even includes the biggest red-necks you've ever heard, so I think they are aware of the stigma...errr...audience.

They absolutely are aware. Hell, they COUNT on that audience... cuz they buy an awful lot of beer & Harley accessories..

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5907835)
Johnny was lame in the late 80's/early 90's when he deejayed at the Lone Star in Westport.

I can't even imagine how bad it is now...

The dude is still 12 years old, I can guarantee you that.

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5907853)

...but he still has like a 10 share up against 35 or so other signals. IT WORKS.

petegz28 07-17-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5907853)

And he thinks the whole Spicolli\Biker\Strip Bar image is cool

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEKChiefsFan (Post 5907869)
...but he still has like a 10 share up against 35 or so other signals. IT WORKS.

Oh he's a local bigwig alright and the station and show do a lot to help the community, but I got tired of his shtick.

I DID however like it when Mancow used to rip him a new one almost everyday though.

:fire:

"Bob" Dobbs 07-17-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5907884)
Oh he's a local bigwig alright and the station and show do a lot to help the community, but I got tired of his shtick.

I DID however like it when Mancow used to rip him a new one almost everyday though.

:fire:

I remember back in the mid 80's when Howard Stern just DESTROYED John DeBella on the air (his competition at WMMR in Philly) to the point where DeBella's wife left him and IMMEDIATELY went on Howard's show. She talked about how small his dick was, etc. It was BRUTAL. ROFL

KCUnited 07-17-2009 10:07 PM

I stand alone today WHY YOU FEEL Don't ask me why I feel
I just know I feel this way WHAT YOU SAY I stand alone today

YEAAHHH!!

petegz28 07-17-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5908112)

YEAAHHH!!

I hate that ****ing band....

Bugeater 07-17-2009 10:10 PM

There's actually a radio station out there that still plays Jackyl?

petegz28 07-17-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5908121)

Isn't Jesse James DuPree some idol of Dare's?

petegz28 07-17-2009 10:12 PM

Johny Dare's hero...

http://musicremedy.com/webfiles/arti...ree-02-big.jpg

KCUnited 07-17-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5908116)
I hate that ****ing band....

Then you hate Olathe.

petegz28 07-17-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5908129)
Then you hate Olathe.

That makes no sense...

if I hate Jackyl then I hate Olathe???

Ok......:spock:

sedated 07-17-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5908121)

JDare brags about his motorcycle drunk-fests with the lead singer.

KCUnited 07-17-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5908130)
That makes no sense...

if I hate Jackyl then I hate Olathe???

Ok......:spock:

hmmmm. I get a real strong Olathe vibe from that song. Like Sweet Home Alabama is to Birmingham. Like California Dreaming is to LA. Like Woman From Tokyo is to Korea. I Stand Alone is total Olathe. Its weird, I can't quite put my finger on it as to why.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5908150)
hmmmm. I get a real strong Olathe vibe from that song. Like Sweet Home Alabama is to Birmingham. Like California Dreaming is to LA. Like Woman From Tokyo is to Korea. I Stand Alone is total Olathe. Its weird, I can't quite put my finger on it as to why.

If I didn't hate Olathe before, I sure as **** do now.:fire:

petegz28 07-17-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5908150)

Tokyo is in Japan...what did I miss?

alanm 07-17-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5907653)
This.....

If it weren't for 98.9, however, I would not have invested in a bad ass stereo and sound system for the camaro that plays CD's and MP3's!!!!!

Oh.. Way to perpetuate a stereotype Pete. :shake: :D

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5908163)

I think you missed the Great Olathe Forest. You know, the place where they use chainsaws to cut down 200ft trees just like JJ Dupree cuts down barstools.

Yeah; that's the ticket!

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 5908167)
Oh.. Way to perpetuate a stereotype Pete. :shake: :D

He got a Hemi!

http://www.hollywood-diecast.com/joe...%20daytona.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7...ouldersgc8.jpg

petegz28 07-17-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908171)
I think you missed the Great Olathe Forest. You know, the place where they use chainsaws to cut down 200ft trees just like JJ Dupree cuts down barstools.

Yeah; that's the ticket!

I think you need another hit....

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5908184)

You offering?

sedated 07-17-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5908184)

yeah. in the face. with a baseball bat.

petegz28 07-17-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908188)
You offering?

This is Kansas, nimrod, .....we don't have 200ft tall trees......

**** I can see from my house to Dallas......

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 5908191)
yeah. in the face. with a baseball bat.

I'll huckleberry anytime you like, bitch.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5908197)
This is Kansas, nimrod, .....we don't have 200ft tall trees......

**** I can see from my house to Dallas......

Yeah, that was kind of the point.:spock:

petegz28 07-17-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908200)
I'll huckleberry anytime you like, bitch.

That makes no sense....

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5908209)
That makes no sense....

Man, do you get out much?

petegz28 07-17-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908204)
Yeah, that was kind of the point.:spock:

ah, that's why you said Olathe is the place where they use chainsaws to cut down 200ft trees........my bad....:rolleyes:

petegz28 07-17-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908211)
Man, do you get out much?

You can be a huckleberry but you can't hucklerberry.........huckleberry is a noun, not a verb

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5908216)
You can be a huckleberry but you can't hucklerberry.........huckleberry is a noun, not a verb

Oh you can huckleberry!

petegz28 07-17-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908221)
Oh you can huckleberry!

right, just like Tokyo is in Korea and Olathe has 200ft tall trees.....my bad

KCUnited 07-17-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5908163)

I know I'm not articulating myself well, but you know, like Marianne is to Boston. Like Ice Ice Baby is to Miami. Like White Room With Beef Curtains is to Fargo. I Stand Alone is Olathe. I don't know, it could just be me.

petegz28 07-17-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5908225)
I know I'm not articulating myself well, but you know, like Marianne is to Boston. Like Ice Ice Baby is to Miami. Like White Room With Beef Curtains is to Fargo. I Stand Alone is Olathe. I don't know, it could just be me.

I think you can be sure of that.

It would be more Independence or old Shawnee of anything

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5908223)
right, just like Tokyo is in Korea and Olathe has 200ft tall trees.....my bad

Okay, 1) You can call fighting whatever the hell you want to.

2) The idea of attaching "I stand alone today" to mother****ing Olathe or anywhere else because IT DOESN'T MENTION A GODDAMNED THING ABOUT ANY LOCATION ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, OR ANYWHERE IN THE SONG, IS ****ING LUDICROUS!

SORT OF LIKE SAYING OLATHE HAS A FOREST!

OI!

JOhn 07-17-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908236)
Okay, 1) You can call fighting whatever the hell you want to.

2) The idea of attaching "I stand alone today" to mother****ing Olathe or anywhere else because IT DOESN'T MENTION A GODDAMNED THING ABOUT ANY LOCATION ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, OR ANYWHERE IN THE SONG, IS ****ING LUDICROUS!

SORT OF LIKE SAYING OLATHE HAS A FOREST!

OI!

So really, what are you trying to say? :D

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 5908245)
So really, what are your trying to say? :D

LMAO:banghead:

acesn8s 07-18-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodcat (Post 5907502)
Anyone else think they play way to many commercials? I was driving home this evening they played 2 or 3 songs than about 6 minutes of commercials and other junk. Is XM worth the price and is the reception quality good, at least in the KC area? THanx for any input. I was out in VA beach last summer and their radio station, WNOR was 10 times better, and a lot larger selection of songs unlike the rock who plays a lot of the same songs.

I was listening the other day and they broke in with a 4 minute commercial by Metallica. I mean, if I wanted to hear a commecial I would listen to a cd or something. :cuss:

Bearcat 07-18-2009 02:23 PM

People still listen to the radio?

Huh.

Saulbadguy 07-18-2009 02:32 PM

I thought 98.9 was awesome when i was 13
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 07-18-2009 02:33 PM

i haven't listened to 98.9 the rock in years....i remember it was the shit in HS, when they played different music.

Sirius radio ownz

Halfcan 07-18-2009 02:35 PM

Kerrie Cougar-needs to get laid. Her good girl act gets old. I used to like Murphy-she was pretty classy.

Pioli Zombie 07-18-2009 02:53 PM

Try 97.3 KLOVE. No commercials. You'll LUV it ;)
Posted via Mobile Device