ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you give Jones 3/100m or trade him? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346882)

BossChief 01-07-2023 09:56 PM

Would you give Jones 3/100m or trade him?

We might as well start the conversation.

Aaron Donald got a 3 year extension worth 95m and Jones won’t/shouldn’t accept a penny less.

We can probably get the equivalent of 2 firsts if we trade him.

Poll will be up in a minute…

Megatron96 01-07-2023 09:57 PM

Seriously? We can't wait until after the SB?

dannybcaitlyn 01-07-2023 09:58 PM

I’m keeping the best DT in the game and build around him.

TwistedChief 01-07-2023 10:00 PM

He can’t get as much as Donald. It needs to be less. Donald was threatening to retire and is just better.

There’s a middle ground here in this poll.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-07-2023 10:02 PM

I would keep him for less than $95, but I voted to trade. Patriots made a dynasty out of trading players when they were at the peak of their prime...

smithandrew051 01-07-2023 10:04 PM

After the Tyreek trade, I’ll just trust whatever Veach does.

Veach won’t panic and overpay. He also won’t trade him for peanuts.

BossChief 01-07-2023 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16720435)
He can’t get as much as Donald. It needs to be less. Donald was threatening to retire and is just better.

He would have no motivation to take less than Donald with a year left on his deal.

I’ve said it many times, Chris Jones is a total unicorn and imo KC should extend his deal as well as draft a big timer at DE to play across from George long term.

If this defense gets to have a dominant DL, the sky is the limit.

TwistedChief 01-07-2023 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 16720482)
He would have no motivation to take less than Donald with a year left on his deal.

No motivation? The dude is under contract for another season and everyone knows Donald got more than he should’ve for the dysfunctional Rams because the alternative was retirement.

comochiefsfan 01-07-2023 10:11 PM

I'd be fine with either.

He's only 28, so odds are good he would remain elite through the life of that deal.

At the same time getting cheaper and younger will only benefit us going forward.

BossChief 01-07-2023 10:12 PM

Watt and Bosa got 27m per and 28m per…but the cap will be significantly higher than when those deals were signed.

BossChief 01-07-2023 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 16720517)
I'd be fine with either.

He's only 28, so odds are good he would remain elite through the life of that deal.

At the same time getting cheaper and younger will only benefit us going forward.

The extension would be for years 30, 31 and 32.

The alternative for a trade is opening up that cap space and getting a load of draft picks to further invest in the team.

Dunerdr 01-07-2023 10:15 PM

I honestly think we should go the Eagles route while we have a young cheap secondary. Load up on all the DL and CJ can be the ring leader.

smithandrew051 01-07-2023 10:16 PM

Fwiw, I’d lean towards the trade.

With Mahomes at QB, we just need to avoid the really big mistakes. Paying big money to a DT at his age could go bad.

With the way Veach has drafted (especially this last draft), it’s hard to imagine trading for that comp and freeing that cap space really going wrong.

TwistedChief 01-07-2023 10:16 PM

I just saw in the OP you think we get 2 firsts if we trade him? What????

You think a DT approaching 30 has meaningfully more value than Tyreek Hill?

I’d trade him for that without blinking. I think a mid first and a mid second would
be an amazing return and I’m desperate to keep him.

RealSNR 01-07-2023 10:17 PM

Extend him and keep the first year on the cheaper side.

Holladay 01-07-2023 10:17 PM

Quote:

I would keep him for less than $95, but I voted to trade. Patriots made a dynasty out of trading players when they were at the peak of their prime..
This and toss in OBJ, stock up and re-load with draft picks and control the cap.

Look at what Karloftis has done as a rookie. Not that you can compare, but...

Also, you can't REPLACE Jones, but cap space and picks is the future.

Additionally, I think Jones wants the money like Tryeek did. Is Kelce the top paid TE? Nope. He wants rings. There is only so many yachts you can ski behind.

Red Dawg 01-07-2023 10:18 PM

2 ones? Nobody is doing that.

dlphg9 01-07-2023 10:18 PM

Just based on his last contract I think you can say he's willing to take a hometown discount.

He signed after DeForest Buckner and signed for less than him. He also signed for less than Frank Clark and everyone at that point knew Chris Jones was worth much more than The Shart. Jones seems to care about the team and being reasonable. I bet you can get him for 3 yrs at $25-$28 mil/yr. That puts him at 2nd highest to 4th highest paid defender by AAV. Hell he might be fine being in the top 5 highest paid defenders.

BWillie 01-07-2023 10:18 PM

Never ever ever ever.

Pay Daniel Jones ever.

Never ever.

Thats how you crater.

old_geezer 01-07-2023 10:19 PM

If you're asking me to choose either Jones or OBJ I'm taking Jones.

BryanBusby 01-07-2023 10:20 PM

What cuts do you make to pay CJ 35m?

threebag 01-07-2023 10:21 PM

If you get a chance at two 1st it’s a hard deal to pass up. Would love to have him here his whole career though, but freed up money could spend somewhere.

dlphg9 01-07-2023 10:22 PM

Trading Chris Jones would be much worse than trading Hill. The pass rush is as good as it is because teams have to double/triple team him and so everyone else gets a 1 on 1. He got 15.5 sacks being double and triple teamed on pretty much every play as a D Tackle. Trading him is ****ing reeruned and without him this year we damn sure aren't the 1 seed and probably lose 3-5 more games.

Holladay 01-07-2023 10:23 PM

Deal them both. Of course depends on picks. Clark is gone. We have other top players coming up soon for new contracts.

I trust in Beach. He made a mistake with Clark. He knows it. Although, I don't think we would have won the SB without Clark.

RealSNR 01-07-2023 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16720562)

The Chiefs won't be paying Jones or Hill. People want to move on from OBJ. Clark is obviously getting cut. The cap continues to rise.

I mean... what exactly are we spending our money on at that point?

Hammock Parties 01-07-2023 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16720562)

No Juju, no Orlando.

Eleazar 01-07-2023 10:25 PM

CP: We need to improve our pass rush! We need to let go of our best pass rusher!

kcclone 01-07-2023 10:28 PM

I’d lean trade. Between him and Frank, we’d have a good cap situation and lots of draft capital if we want to trade up. We can add some veteran firepower to offset and Jones and add a young DL in the draft.

TambaBerry 01-07-2023 10:30 PM

Do something in the playoffs and then we'll talk

EPodolak 01-07-2023 10:36 PM

Don't want his position vacant, the DL isn't good enough to take risks with.

ThyKingdomCome15 01-07-2023 10:37 PM

I voted to tag him in a couple years but that's assuming he doesn't threaten a holdout like Tyreek allegedly did. His deal is fine as is.

Also, I think George and Dunlap are drawing more attention. Our DL is a lot better than last year for sure. Saunders has finally come on as well.

jonzie04 01-07-2023 10:43 PM

He’s a game wrecker at probably the most rare position. No way you let him go. Pay the man

ForeverIowan 01-07-2023 10:44 PM

You build Mahomes and Reid a top 10 defense you are going to rattle off Super Bowls. Chris Jones is arguably the best defensive player in the game. It feels like that front 7 is one major piece away from being dominant.
Give Jones a fair offer. I truly hope Chris meets them in the middle. Howver, If he wants to go the Tyreek route and get overpaid for top dollar you have to move on.

RunKC 01-07-2023 10:44 PM

Here’s another option: you let him play out his contract next year and then tag him in 2024 then tag and trade in 2025 (or let walk).

That would be shitty though.

I’d personally add 3 years onto his deal with the last one being an inflated year they could cut and save money.

You can do that while Brown Jr is given a 6 year deal that slowly rises over time. Mahomes bonus/cap relief would have to be used one of those years but that’s what it’s for

digger 01-07-2023 10:47 PM

In Breat Virch we trust...

comochiefsfan 01-07-2023 10:48 PM

I would argue that Jones is much more valuable than Tyreek for a few reasons.

1. Pass Rushers are and will always be more valuable than Receivers.

2. It is MUCH easier to go find receivers to replace Tyreek's production with Mahomes at QB and Reid scheming up plays than it is to replace Jones on this D-Line.

Therefore, while Hill might be a bit better as an overall football player, i'm probably more inclined to give Jones a big deal than Tyreek if they were hypothetically both up for one this offseason.

Oh Snap 01-07-2023 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16720435)

Better??? Certainly not this year

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-07-2023 10:50 PM

Again, it's good we don't have to worry about this as Veach has gained our trust. I would love to keep Jones, but it's has to fit the plan. I hope it does, but if it doesn't, I think we'll be fine.

Titty Meat 01-07-2023 10:51 PM

I'm giving my attention to the post season and enjoying it we will have 7 months to debate this shit

Wilson8 01-07-2023 10:51 PM

Chris Jones has a cap hit next year for the Chiefs of $27,041,668 according to Overthecap.com.

I think you try and extend Chris with a contract that does not handicap the Chiefs CAP.
If some team comes a long and offers you two first round picks, you jump on that deal.

Chris Jones is a valuable player, but in the NFL, you always have to consider what makes the team better now and in the future.

Rasputin 01-07-2023 10:51 PM

I'd do what ever Bartholomew Valdez would do

TwistedChief 01-07-2023 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16720584)
CP: We need to improve our pass rush! We need to let go of our best pass rusher!

CP: Our offense doesn’t seem as explosive anymore! We need to let go of the most explosive player in the NFL!

Fast forward: the Chiefs trade Hill and have more explosive plays and are a better offense.

It’s a tough call but there are different ways to get our team to a SB.

Megatron96 01-07-2023 10:57 PM

Yes. I would. And twice on Sunday.

SACKNATION FOREVER

ForeverIowan 01-07-2023 11:02 PM

Would prefer to give up some draft capital to move up in the draft and grab a franchise left tackle. Chris Jones earned the right to be paid as the best pass rusher in the game. Keep improving the defense. Mahomes and Reid will always have an elite offense.

Oh Snap 01-07-2023 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 16720655)
Chris Jones has a cap hit next year for the Chiefs of $27,041,668 according to Overthecap.com.

I think you try and extend Chris with a contract that does not handicap the Chiefs CAP.
If some team comes a long and offers you two first round picks, you jump on that deal.

Chris Jones is a valuable player, but in the NFL, you always have to consider what makes the team better now and in the future.

Christ Jones is the best interior d-lineman in the league. He's been top 2 or 3 over the last 5 years or so. We won't get the same value of 2 first round picks for him.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-07-2023 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 16720678)
Christ Jones is the best interior d-lineman in the league. He's been top 2 or 3 over the last 5 years or so. We won't get the same value of 2 first round picks for him.

Correct, but you are also picking up $20 million plus in cap space on the rookie deal to spend elsewhere. It's a much bigger picture than just the draft picks.

Stryker 01-07-2023 11:06 PM

Are you serious? Jones is the man! Keep him, pay him!

dannybcaitlyn 01-07-2023 11:07 PM

There are only two DT’s in the league who can get sack numbers like DE’s and we have one of them. No way you let that go..

Eleazar 01-07-2023 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 16720678)

Not only that but you trade away players who are replaceable. Jones isn't replaceable.

Chiefspants 01-07-2023 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16720601)
Do something in the playoffs and then we'll talk

He already did. There is a 99% probably we do not win a Super Bowl without him. Ready for a SCORCHING hot take? His 3 batted balls were just as critical as WASP.

mkp785 01-07-2023 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 16720691)
There are only two DT’s in the league who can get sack numbers like DE’s and we have one of them. No way you let that go..

This, and our pass rush already is lacking somewhat. Not only do I wanna keep him, I'd try and talk JJWatt into taking a small deal in order to ring chase.

OBJ is the big question though. No idea what to do there.

RunKC 01-07-2023 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16720686)
Correct, but you are also picking up $20 million plus in cap space on the rookie deal to spend elsewhere. It's a much bigger picture than just the draft picks.

Honestly I don’t think this next FA class is that good. That makes a difference

CoMoChief 01-07-2023 11:28 PM

I'd be fine with either scenario, because he's a great player, but the keyboard GM in me says if the Chiefs are in a middle of a semi rebuild then let's get some 1sts to help that transition.

TomBarndtsTwin 01-07-2023 11:29 PM

The simple answer is your choosing between Jones and OBJ. IMO, you can’t pay both of those guys $25-30 mil. year with Pat’s contract continuing to rise going forward. That’s not even mentioning some of the other young guys we have coming due for contracts that aren’t gonna be cheap (Sneed, for instance).

I know who I’d extend and pay (Jones), but I have a feeling the Chiefs may go with the younger guy, who will also be a little cheaper, and honestly Jones would have way more trade value than OBJ. You may be able to land a second for OBJ, but Chris Jones would bring a minimum first and second.

I’d extend Jones, tag and trade OBJ, sign a stopgap for a year, draft a LT who excels at pass blocking and call it a day. But I’m not the Chiefs front office.

And I can understand the argument for why they might want to go the opposite direction, even if I don’t agree.

BossChief 01-07-2023 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16720542)
I just saw in the OP you think we get 2 firsts if we trade him? What????

You think a DT approaching 30 has meaningfully more value than Tyreek Hill?

I’d trade him for that without blinking. I think a mid first and a mid second would
be an amazing return and I’m desperate to keep him.

He’s currently 28 and is a DPOTY candidate.

I think it depends on the team trading for him on the pick. 2 firsts would be to a good team expecting to be picking in the 20s. Maybe a 1 snd 2 if it’s a little earlier.

Rain Man 01-08-2023 12:21 AM

What the h*** is happening in this thread? We're in the middle of a Super Bowl run. We don't talk about stuff like this.

And just for the record, Chris Jones is our best defensive lineman since Art Still in the early 1980s. He starts for our all-time team.

Megatron96 01-08-2023 02:36 AM

Veach will make him a fair offer, whatever that ends up looking like. And if CJ is really as loyal as he seems to KC and the Chiefs, he'll take the offer. Veach will not entertain a trade for CJ, unless Chris flat turns down the offer and/or asks to be traded.

scho63 01-08-2023 07:29 AM

Only in ChiefsPlanet Universe is it possible that 30 seconds after we finish 14-3, clinch our 7th straight AFC West Title, clinch home field advantage in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 5 years, have our 8th straight year in the playoffs which is currently the longest streak in the NFL, beat our #1 Divisional rival by 18 points, record 6 sacks with no turnovers, do we have someone decide that now would be a good time and idea to talk about trading our #1 Defensive player, who just recorded 2.5 sacks in the game.

Did the OP suffer a concussion during the game? :hmmm:

kcclone 01-08-2023 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16720706)
He already did. There is a 99% probably we do not win a Super Bowl without him. Ready for a SCORCHING hot take? His 3 batted balls were just as critical as WASP.

We should not be paying him in 2023 and beyond based on what he did in Super Bowl LIV

MahomesMagic 01-08-2023 07:45 AM

We need to keep him.

Chris Meck 01-08-2023 07:47 AM

This post belongs over in the draft forum, which is where we've been talking about this potential decision for months.

I've gone back and forth. I can see the reasoning on both sides. Let me be clear, I love Jones, and in this season in particular, he's become the player he always had the potential to be; he's become an ALL-AROUND terror, and a true leader. In the past, he freelanced too much and could get exposed against the run, and while being a very likeable kid, was maybe a little immature. This is the season where he became THE MAN, in my estimation.

Love to see it.

But if you can upgrade three or four positions in terms of draft capital and cap resources, you may have to do it.

You can't look at it like- Jones is all we have, and you want to trade him?!
The point is, if you DO, you can add three, maybe four guys that are upgrades. Lots of good defenses in the NFL that don't include Chris Jones.

OR, you can try to build around him, but that will probably mean that a guy like Sneed walks after 2023. And we have a situation at LT. And RT that need dealing with this offseason.

So it's not as simple as hanging on to the guy you want to hang on to. Everybody loves Jones and wants him to be in KC. But is that in the best interest of the team long-term? I don't know.

Chris Meck 01-08-2023 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16720570)
Trading Chris Jones would be much worse than trading Hill. The pass rush is as good as it is because teams have to double/triple team him and so everyone else gets a 1 on 1. He got 15.5 sacks being double and triple teamed on pretty much every play as a D Tackle. Trading him is ****ing reeruned and without him this year we damn sure aren't the 1 seed and probably lose 3-5 more games.

Only because you're viewing "no Chris Jones" in a vacuum. You can't just remove Jones, look at what's left and say "hell no". Because that's not how it would work.

No Jones is enough cap space for two, maybe three quality players, and a couple of extra high picks to add a couple more. So, you'd have to see what that looks like before you can judge. It's a risk, for sure, but There are many better front fours in the NFL that KC and they don't have Chris Jones on them.

I'm not sure what I'd do, but it's a much harder decision than it would immediately appear.

BigRedChief 01-08-2023 07:54 AM

I dont really know value of players in trades. Very few get those two firsts. "People" are saying, Chris will bring that.

So if the "Veach" move was to trade Hill, why would they not do that with Jones? Hill was way way more valuable to this team, and we are right back here with HFA and a better offense.

That said, I love me some Jones. Hate to see the guy go but in Veach we trust.

Chief3188 01-08-2023 07:59 AM

There are only 3 types of players that should be off limits for trading. Everyone else is expendable to an extent and for the right price. There are a few unicorns at different positions that come along now and then but for the most part this philosophy should be followed.

1. Elite QB's
2. Elite or borderline elite Pass rushing Dlineman (In their prime)
3. Elite or borderline elite Olineman (Extra emphasis if you have the elite QB)

MahomesMagic 01-08-2023 08:02 AM

I'm quite happy with the reload we did with Tyreek. But we don't need to do it again, we have the horses to win the next couple Super Bowls.

Go get the rings.

Chris Meck 01-08-2023 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief3188 (Post 16720984)
There are only 3 types of players that should be off limits for trading. Everyone else is expendable to an extent and for the right price. There are a few unicorns at different positions that come along now and then but for the most part this philosophy should be followed.

1. Elite QB's
2. Elite or borderline elite Pass rushing Dlineman (In their prime)
3. Elite or borderline elite Olineman (Extra emphasis if you have the elite QB)

1. Absolutely. No question. You're not winning shit without one, and it's the hardest position in football to find.

2. Agreed UNLESS-you can replace the production immediately and at less cost, with added ability to add more than just the one guy. If trading Jones meant replacing the production with two or three guys that are plus players, it can make your defense better overall. Every defense ranked above us does not include Chris Jones, for example.

3. Only Left Tackle, in my opinion.

Couch-Potato 01-08-2023 08:53 AM

keep!

O.city 01-08-2023 08:58 AM

Yeah sign him, move on.

He’s always talked about as a leader. He’s not going anywhere.

You trade him you need to hit on 4 or 5 different players to replace him. That could go real bad.

Chief Roundup 01-08-2023 08:58 AM

I want to keep Jones. But it comes down to whether or not he shows up in the playoffs this year. If he does not show up then I am not sure I want to pay him the kind of money the OP is talking about.

Are you all aware of his postseason stats? He has played in 12 postseason games while producing: 0 sacks, 22 total tackles, 2 TFL, 4 QB hits, 9 PD.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/

He has to do much better than that or it is hard to justify that kind of money.

ForeverIowan 01-08-2023 09:02 AM

Who the hell else are we currently paying on that defense? Outside of Justin Reid the entire back 7 is on rookie contracts. Frank Clark is likely to find a new home this offseason unless he's back for an extremely reasonable deal. I have to think all of those moves to make the defense younger and cheaper point towards extending Chris as the plan all along.

Who knows though I admittedly was in the camp that said under no circumstance do you trade Tyreek he is the most explosive player to ever step on an NFL field. That seemed to work out pretty well for us.

HC_Chief 01-08-2023 09:04 AM

He is the best DT in the AFC and arguably the NFL. You keep those players as long as they are effective... CJ is most certainly effective!

Chief Roundup 01-08-2023 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 16721059)
He is the best DT in the AFC and arguably the NFL. You keep those players as long as they are effective... CJ is most certainly effective!

Even though he has consistently disappeared in the playoffs and SB?

Archie Bunker 01-08-2023 09:10 AM

Gotta keep him. He’s the Mahomes of the defense.

Iconic 01-08-2023 09:15 AM

the glaring difference between this situation and the hill situation is that the offense when hill left still had at least one primary consistent option in kelce. it will be far more difficult to replicate the 1 star + depth pieces model on defense because we truly don't have anyone outside of CJ on the line.

idk what veach will do but whatever it is it'll probably be the right call.

Chris Meck 01-08-2023 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 16721056)
Who the hell else are we currently paying on that defense? Outside of Justin Reid the entire back 7 is on rookie contracts. Frank Clark is likely to find a new home this offseason unless he's back for an extremely reasonable deal. I have to think all of those moves to make the defense younger and cheaper point towards extending Chris as the plan all along.

Who knows though I admittedly was in the camp that said under no circumstance do you trade Tyreek he is the most explosive player to ever step on an NFL field. That seemed to work out pretty well for us.

Maybe so.

But a Sneed deal is coming up. Gay year after. And we have OBJ/LT to decide on. And no quality RT. And Juju.

We have 33 players under contract for 2023. That's pretty a pretty bare cupboard.

notorious 01-08-2023 09:17 AM

It's ok to say he's the best DT in the NFL and a freak, and say we can get a kings ransom and should trade him.

That's how you keep dynasties going. You use your great players at their peak and sell them when they approach the backside of their career.

It sucks, but it's reality.

ForeverIowan 01-08-2023 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16721081)
Maybe so.

But a Sneed deal is coming up. Gay year after. And we have OBJ/LT to decide on. And no quality RT. And Juju.

We have 33 players under contract for 2023. That's pretty a pretty bare cupboard.

Sneed and Gay are great. Im sorry though they arent unicorns. We could spend a couple 2nd rounders and likely adequately replace their production. Unless you anticipate drafting inside the top five any time soon for a generational talent you arent replacing Jones. Extend him and give him 3-4 more years in KC.

Chris Meck 01-08-2023 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 16721112)
Sneed and Gay are great. Im sorry though they arent unicorns. We could spend a couple 2nd rounders and likely adequately replace their production. Unless you anticipate drafting inside the top five any time soon for a generational talent you arent replacing Jones. Extend him and give him 3-4 more years in KC.

Maybe. Or is that us as fans being emotionally attached?

All of the higher ranked defenses in the NFL do not include Chris Jones on their line. What if moving Jones nets a mid-first and a second, and frees up $30m a year in cap room that allows you to sign a couple of good pass rushers that together are more productive than Chris Jones + any other individual Chief, while also drafting a day one upgrade at LT that will be cost controlled for five years, saving us $20m a year not having to pay Brown as well as another second round pick to upgrade any number of positions, like perhaps adding plus WR talent so that we don't have to pay a FA top of the market?

I mean, you know, I love Jones, and I'm not certain we shouldn't try to build the next three or four years' defenses around him-but I'm not sure we CAN.

It's not nearly as easy an equation as it seems to be.

Belichick's way was to send Seymour packing in his prime. It turned out to be the right decision.

I don't know. I'm just saying if you have an immediate 'NO' reaction before considering what the possible implications are up and down the roster, you may not be having a logical reaction.

Bowser 01-08-2023 09:49 AM

I voted extend, but I'm fine with letting him finish his contract then tag for a year. That allows us to extend Sneed whom we absolutely cannot let walk, either. With the way the cap appears to be ready to skyrocket, we might be able to get an impact pass rushing defensive end in here within the next season or two if you don't have to worry about dancing around Jones' upcoming superstar deal.

Jones is Mahomes on defense for this team. We could benefit from Tyreek being traded because he wasn't Mahomes. There's nobody on this defense currently that could cover the loss of Jones as Mahomes did with the loss of Tyreek.

Chiefspants 01-08-2023 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 16720967)
We should not be paying him in 2023 and beyond based on what he did in Super Bowl LIV

How about for what he did this season?