ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dak as good as Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320198)

jimidollar 01-08-2019 06:15 PM

Dak as good as Mahomes

Did anyone catch the Dan Patrick Show today. Michael Irvin said that Dak would be just as good as Mahomes if he was in Reid's offense. LOL!!!

Sorry 01-08-2019 06:15 PM

Lmfao

Chris Meck 01-08-2019 06:16 PM

facepalm

JakeF 01-08-2019 06:17 PM

Irvin has to suck Dallas peen. I doubt he really believes it.

Nobody in their right mind thinks that Mahomes isn't a top-3(maybe 4) quarterback in the NFL.

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Brees

Put them in whatever order you want. That fact that a quarterback is top-4 in his 1st year of playing is exceptional.

threebag 01-08-2019 06:17 PM

Coke, lots of coke

HemiEd 01-08-2019 06:18 PM

You were able to understand what Michael Irvin said?

Imon Yourside 01-08-2019 06:21 PM

Fartknocker

Buehler445 01-08-2019 06:23 PM

Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

saphojunkie 01-08-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14018937)

Nobody in their right mind thinks that Mahomes isn't a top-3(maybe 4) quarterback in the NFL.

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Brees

Put them in whatever order you want. That fact that a quarterback is top-4 in his 1st year of playing is exceptional.

Luck probably belongs in there.

ToxSocks 01-08-2019 06:26 PM

These people don't know how to deal with Chiefs' success.

-King- 01-08-2019 06:27 PM

Are you guys forced to watch these shows or something?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 14018928)
Did anyone catch the Dan Patrick Show today. Michael Irvin said that Dak would be just as good as Mahomes if he was in Reid's offense. LOL!!!

Keep sucking that glass dick, playmaker.

Imon Yourside 01-08-2019 06:29 PM

It's almost like every media member has to partake in a tall glass of dumb****, not almost it is I guess.

-King- 01-08-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14018968)
These people don't know how to deal with Chiefs' success.

Or... They purposely say controversial shit because they know idiots will eat it up and continue to watch for some reason. And then they'll make threads on forums an essentially give the show free promo.

ToxSocks 01-08-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14018975)

Yes.

Imon Yourside 01-08-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14018987)
Yes.

Golterpiest!

Sannyasi 01-08-2019 06:31 PM

That's hilarious. Dak would be good in Reid's offense but he would be closer to Alex Smith's production than Mahomes.

Chief Pagan 01-08-2019 06:32 PM

For all these teams that think they have the same elite talent at QB, I'm looking forward to them giving their QBs the same elite money contract that I expect Mahomes to get.

ClarkGriswold 01-08-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14018939)

He does not sound as bad as Lamar Jackson. Oh Geez!!!!!

Reerun_KC 01-08-2019 06:33 PM

Dak is garbage.

big nasty kcnut 01-08-2019 06:33 PM

Damn he still on drugs?

JakeF 01-08-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14018975)

The DP show is pretty entertaining, it's more than just sports. The DP show and Good Morning Football are the only 2 shows I can watch. They both have entertaining hosts.

jimidollar 01-08-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14018939)

Barely. Dan asked him if Reid's system would produce those results, then why not run it? Irvin said because Dallas is running the system that win them 3 SBs. Haha!!

RealSNR 01-08-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14018986)
Or... They purposely say controversial shit because they know idiots will eat it up and continue to watch for some reason. And then they'll make threads on forums an essentially give the show free promo.

Michael Irvin's not smart enough to think that way.

He IS, however, dumb enough to say shit like this.

notorious 01-08-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 14018996)
Damn he still on drugs?

No, and that’s his problem.

Imon Yourside 01-08-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14019008)
No, and that’s his problem.

Willie Wilson agrees

Scorpion05 01-10-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Brees

No one is putting Mahomes in the top 4 in his first year except for Chiefs fans.

I love Mahomes, he's super talented. But "Top 5" means that you've shown a level of consistency and playoff victories. You don't get "Top 5" over one great year. Teams figure out your tendencies, adjust, and if that QB is still performing at a high level then they get respect. Non-Chiefs fans watch Chiefs games and they don't see a QB that's putting on a Peyton Manning-esque performance. They see a ridiculously talented young guy throwing bombs often to dynamic playmakers. And maybe a no look pass or side arm, but that doesn't make you Top 5

ChiefBlueCFC 01-10-2019 03:40 PM

http://i.imgur.com/spVrM.gif

Chiefnj2 01-10-2019 03:42 PM

Michael will stab you in the neck if you dis him.

BIG_DADDY 01-10-2019 03:43 PM

Michael should stick with doing what he is good at, hookers and blow.

Stinger 01-10-2019 03:52 PM

https://pics.me.me/cocaines-a-hell-o...p-28264381.png

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-10-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion05 (Post 14022496)
No one is putting Mahomes in the top 4 in his first year except for Chiefs fans.

I love Mahomes, he's super talented. But "Top 5" means that you've shown a level of consistency and playoff victories. You don't get "Top 5" over one great year. Teams figure out your tendencies, adjust, and if that QB is still performing at a high level then they get respect. Non-Chiefs fans watch Chiefs games and they don't see a QB that's putting on a Peyton Manning-esque performance. They see a ridiculously talented young guy throwing bombs often to dynamic playmakers. And maybe a no look pass or side arm, but that doesn't make you Top 5

:rolleyes: 50 and 5000. If we lose Sat. I doubt it is because we failed to score more than 28 points. Ask any GM in the NFL today who they would take in the league for their QB if they had a choice... it would be Mahomes in a landslide.

Gravedigger 01-10-2019 03:53 PM

Dak isn't even as good as Russel Wilson. They play a similar style only Dak doesn't have the arm.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2019 04:00 PM

Well, in Irvin's defense... he's likely looking at Smith in that offense last season and saying that Mahomes had about 1,000 more yards and only 24 more TDs thanks to the additional 40 or so completions by Mahomes. So, yeah - he has a strong defense.

wutamess 01-10-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

This has to be the dumbest take ever.
PM is special. Yes I'm a homer BUT hear me out.
Who else would you rather have at QB of lets say, the Raiders over the qbs in his list before PM?

Halfcan 01-10-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Brees

Mahomes was clearly better than everyone on this list. At one point had more TD's than Brady and Rogers combined.

Top 4? :shake: #1 and it is not even close.

KChiefs1 01-10-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 14018928)

LMAO

Bump 01-10-2019 05:48 PM

Sounds like Irvin is back on the drugs

Chiefshrink 01-10-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

You don't get "Top 5" over one great year.

Wanna bet ? If he wins the SB he will be put in that category NOW I assure you.;)

nychieffan 01-12-2019 11:12 AM

Irvin back on the mirror again!!!

FringeNC 01-12-2019 11:34 AM

Talk about throwing Jason Garrett under the bus...

Red Dawg 01-12-2019 12:15 PM

Dak is nothing compared to Mahomes. Should not be mentioned in the same breath. Irvin is a damn idiot like Chris Crater and Skip.

ROYC75 01-12-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 14018991)
That's hilarious. Dak would be good in Reid's offense but he would be closer to Alex Smith's production than Mahomes.

This!

Dak = Mahomes?

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-12-2019 12:50 PM

Irvin is a true believer in all things Jerruh. Always has been. That dumb show he had where unsigned receivers had to compete to become a Cowboy was pretty vomit-inducing when you had to listen to him talk about the Cowboys.

Scorpion05 01-12-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14023265)
:rolleyes: 50 and 5000. If we lose Sat. I doubt it is because we failed to score more than 28 points. Ask any GM in the NFL today who they would take in the league for their QB if they had a choice... it would be Mahomes in a landslide.

Actually some would take Luck. Others may take Watson, or Wilson, or Rodgers, or Brees

You’re being a homer. I watch the games. I see a QB who can pass the ball to Hill and he takes it 90 yards. I see a QB who has an elite playcaller

I don’t see a QB who dissects defenses repeatedly with tight window throws and manipulated defenses. He’s not on that level yet, if you’re being honest. If he ever does, he’ll be unstoppable because he has top 3 talent

Aaron Rodgers’ has had amazing seasons. Some people still consider Brady and even Brees to be better. Mahomes has top 3 talent, but saying he’s a Top 5 QB already is peak homerism

Scorpion05 01-12-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 14023282)
This has to be the dumbest take ever.
PM is special. Yes I'm a homer BUT hear me out.
Who else would you rather have at QB of lets say, the Raiders over the qbs in his list before PM?

A dumb take?

Who is better at reading defenses? Is Mahomes better than Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Wilson at reading defenses?

Put Mahomes on the Colts, and put Luck on the Chiefs. Are you sure Mahomes would still have the better career? Like 100% positive?

Mahomes has elite talent. Arguably the best I’ve ever seen. That doesn’t make him the best QB and that doesn’t make him Top 5. If he keeps this up, then yes regardless of being under Andy Reid with Cheetah able to take a 2 yard pass 90 yards, he’ll earn Top 5 status. But he’ll have to perform in the post season, and be consistent year after year to be Top 5. The idea that’s a dumb take is silly and sounds very homerish. I can think of 3 QBs I’d take over Mahomes right now because I don’t think he drops 50 TDs in another system, and I’m old enough to have seen better QB play. I watched Peyton Manning score over 50 TDs, that was more impressive just purely based on game film. Mahomes is not there yet. But he has the personality and the talent to be the greatest ever

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-13-2019 04:49 AM

You are SEVERELY underrating Mahomes because he makes it look easy. But this is to be expected. I knew from the moment that he began challenging the old guard in his first season as a starter, that ALL SORTS of folks were going to come crawling out of the wood work to try and demean his talent and accomplishments.

"2 yard passes"?

This isn't Alex Smith. Jesus...

DTVietnam 01-13-2019 04:52 AM

Dak not elite and will never be. . its sad I was rooting for the Cowboys today but Dak is just to jittery in the pocket. . he never seems to have any calmness or control in the game. .

Oh Snap 01-13-2019 05:18 AM

Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Clearly rotted away several key parts of Irvings brain...especially the part that deals with critical thought. Dak is nowhere near Mahomes level. No one is.

WhiteWhale 01-13-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion05 (Post 14028543)
A dumb take?

Who is better at reading defenses? Is Mahomes better than Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Wilson at reading defenses?

Put Mahomes on the Colts, and put Luck on the Chiefs. Are you sure Mahomes would still have the better career? Like 100% positive?

Mahomes has elite talent. Arguably the best I’ve ever seen. That doesn’t make him the best QB and that doesn’t make him Top 5. If he keeps this up, then yes regardless of being under Andy Reid with Cheetah able to take a 2 yard pass 90 yards, he’ll earn Top 5 status. But he’ll have to perform in the post season, and be consistent year after year to be Top 5. The idea that’s a dumb take is silly and sounds very homerish. I can think of 3 QBs I’d take over Mahomes right now because I don’t think he drops 50 TDs in another system, and I’m old enough to have seen better QB play. I watched Peyton Manning score over 50 TDs, that was more impressive just purely based on game film. Mahomes is not there yet. But he has the personality and the talent to be the greatest ever

You should be ashamed of this post.

WhiteWhale 01-13-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion05 (Post 14028472)
Actually some would take Luck. Others may take Watson, or Wilson, or Rodgers, or Brees

You’re being a homer. I watch the games. I see a QB who can pass the ball to Hill and he takes it 90 yards. I see a QB who has an elite playcaller

I don’t see a QB who dissects defenses repeatedly with tight window throws and manipulated defenses. He’s not on that level yet, if you’re being honest. If he ever does, he’ll be unstoppable because he has top 3 talent

Aaron Rodgers’ has had amazing seasons. Some people still consider Brady and even Brees to be better. Mahomes has top 3 talent, but saying he’s a Top 5 QB already is peak homerism

Saying a guy isn't top 5 after he has the second best season in NFL history as a debut is peak haterade.

Just hating greatness in the moment. IN 15 years you'll pretend you knew it before his first snap.

All this talk like KC has the best offense of all time and Andy Reid is APPARENTLY now the greatest playcaller in the NFL... weird how that suddenly happened after Mahomes started playing. Your transparent attempt to minimize his indisputable awesomeness is scandalous and weak. Your claim that he doesn't manipulate defenses shows you're not even actually paying attention. It's an outright falsehood.

HE STILL hasn't scored less than 26 points in 18 starts .

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-13-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14032687)
"2 yard passes"?

This isn't Alex Smith. Jesus...

Dak Prescott and those 2 yard passes = a poor man's Alex Smith.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-13-2019 07:43 AM

Who made Andy Reid "next level"? It sure as **** wasn't some RB from Philly or the 4 QB's he worked with prior to 2018 so....

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-13-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14032856)
Who made Andy Reid "next level"? It sure as **** wasn't some RB from Philly or the 4 QB's he worked with prior to 2018 so....

To be fair, Reid did a HELL of a lipstick job on Smiff to get him looking good enough for Washington to back the Brinks truck in for the trade...may be Reid's greatest coaching accomplishment ever.

Because all these Super Bowls? Are gonna be on Mahomes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-13-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haglund's_Spirit (Post 14032882)
To be fair, Reid did a HELL of a lipstick job on Smiff to get him looking good enough for Washington to back the Brinks truck in for the trade...may be Reid's greatest coaching accomplishment ever.

Because all these Super Bowls? Are gonna be on Mahomes.

That was a great day. The departure of Smiff is just as important as getting that Marty off our backs; now we are free to play real football and win games of significance.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-13-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14032892)
That was a great day. The departure of Smiff is just as important as getting that Marty off our backs; now we are free to play real football and win games of significance.

Yes! Yes, so much yes!! They can't stop this rock n' roll train!