ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyler Boyd: Cincy Bengals are Whiny Deluded Bitches & I'm one of them (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348871)

saphojunkie 05-30-2023 01:37 PM

Tyler Boyd: Cincy Bengals are Whiny Deluded Bitches & I'm one of them

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...chiefs-healthy

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd believes he was the missing factor that kept the team from making back-to-back Super Bowl appearances.

In his first day of offseason workouts, the veteran wide receiver met with reporters for the first time since the AFC championship loss to Kansas City, where he suffered a deep thigh bruise early in the second quarter of the 23-20 loss. Boyd said he would have finished the game if he was at least 80% healthy.

He said what bothered him the most was the feeling that he let the team down.

"Still to this day, I feel like if I would have played the whole game, I was the key factor," Boyd said. "We would've won the game."

At the time of the injury, Boyd had two catches for 40 yards. He appeared to suffer the injury following a 24-yard completion. At the end of a big gain, Boyd's left leg was caught beneath Kansas City safety Justin Reid as Reid made the tackle. When Boyd stood up following the play, he immediately favored his left leg.

Article continues but is pointless. He goes on to say that landing Orlando Brown Jr. was a victory for them in the rivalry with the Chiefs.

God, I hate the Bengals.

IowaHawkeyeChief 05-30-2023 01:38 PM

If we didn't have a beat up Mahomes and almost ALL OF OUR RECIEVERS ****ING OUT, it wouldn't even have been close.

DJ's left nut 05-30-2023 01:43 PM

"If we had 3 premium WRs while they had zero, I think we win that game..."

Okay, Tyler. Cool.

Kinda says all that needs be said about your squad, doesn't it?

Kman34 05-30-2023 01:45 PM

PATRICK ****ING MAHOMES WON THE SUPERBOWL ON ONE FOOT.. BOYD IS A PUSSY..

ptlyon 05-30-2023 01:48 PM

I feel for him. He must not have had a father figure in his life growing up that told him "Don't be a pussy Tyler", otherwise when there is a chance to go to the SB you play through it.

AdolfOliverBush 05-30-2023 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16963803)
If we didn't have a beat up Mahomes and almost ALL OF OUR RECIEVERS ****ING OUT, it wouldn't even have been close.

Not to mention Butker doinking a FG attempt off an upright.

Mecca 05-30-2023 01:53 PM

It's pretty funny he thinks they lost cause he got hurt, don't mind that even without him that's a top 5 group over there.

kysirsoze 05-30-2023 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 16963798)
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...chiefs-healthy He goes on to say that landing Orlando Brown Jr. was a victory for them in the rivalry with the Chiefs.

Lol. Yeah that stings.

Jewish Rabbi 05-30-2023 01:54 PM

I literally hope he dies today

Mecca 05-30-2023 01:56 PM

The Bills and Bengals should've combined teams, played KC in a dome and waited until Boyd was healthy. Then they could split the Lombardi when their superteam eventually beat the birds and nobody could say they have zero trophies.

Jewish Rabbi 05-30-2023 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16963846)
The Bills and Bengals should've combined teams, played KC in a dome and waited until Boyd was healthy. Then they could split the Lombardi when their superteam eventually beat the birds and nobody could say they have zero trophies.

Also if they lost they can replay the game until they win because Hamlin

JPH83 05-30-2023 01:59 PM

I really hate the Bengals. I have a nagging feeling these pr***s will be around for awhile but man I hope we smash their faces over and over again until we break that franchise

FloridaMan88 05-30-2023 02:08 PM

Quote:

He goes on to say that landing Orlando Brown Jr. was a victory for them in the rivalry with the Chiefs.

Coming to Cincy's offense this fall...

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/...7b_480x262.gif

DJ's left nut 05-30-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16963861)

That's actually not a bad rep from Brown. He has plenty of them, but that's a pretty standard pass pro rep.

He absorbed the punch from his guy, actualy controlled him, and took him up the arc. Pat kinda put himself in harms way there, though I'm not sure he had much of a choice when Trey Smith got put in his lap.

Smith was horribad for the first half of the season or so. Reps like that kinda demonstrate the problems he was creating out there.

RunKC 05-30-2023 02:12 PM

All I’ve gotta say to the guy…

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_KvUsDIr188" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man 05-30-2023 02:14 PM

Travis Kelce has never seen this f***ing guy in his life.

Iowanian 05-30-2023 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 16963835)
I feel for him. He must not have had a father figure in his life growing up that told him "Don't be a pussy Tyler", otherwise when there is a chance to go to the SB you play through it.

He has a father now, Patrick Mahomes is his daddy.

Gravedigger 05-30-2023 02:15 PM

I've seen this movie a bunch of times; the popular kids recruit one of the friends from the protaganists' group, not so he can be one of them, so they can haze him and leech information off of him. Sorry Orlando, you're that dude.

Best22 05-30-2023 02:22 PM

So what? We were missing our best DB (Sneed)

Hold that L

Spott 05-30-2023 02:25 PM

Yeah, we were missing 4 WR’s, Sneed, Gay, and had a QB running around on one leg. Boyd can go fist his dog.

ToxSocks 05-30-2023 02:27 PM

Patrick Mahomes' Ankle: "I really think me being injured prevented the Chiefs from blowing the Bengals the **** out. That's on me".

kcgreene 05-30-2023 02:32 PM

Quote:

He goes on to say that landing Orlando Brown Jr. was a victory for them in the rivalry with the Chiefs.

Narrators Voice: "It wasn't."

Pepe Silvia 05-30-2023 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16963871)
Travis Kelce has never seen this f***ing guy in his life.

That’s Coach.

ThaVirus 05-30-2023 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16963825)
"If we had 3 premium WRs while they had zero, I think we win that game..."

Okay, Tyler. Cool.

Kinda says all that needs be said about your QB, doesn't it?

Fixed that one for ya

AdolfOliverBush 05-30-2023 02:44 PM

The Bengals can only beat KC if KC hands the game to them...and even then, just barely.

tredadda 05-30-2023 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16963842)
It's pretty funny he thinks they lost cause he got hurt, don't mind that even without him that's a top 5 group over there.

Guess they need them all to beat a hobbled Mahomes and the All Pro receiving trifecta of MVS, Moore, and Marcus Kemp.

tredadda 05-30-2023 02:52 PM

It's funny, but even with a healthy Boyd, there was no game that Cincinnati took. It was more of KC giving the game away.

kcgreene 05-30-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16963918)
Guess they need them all to beat a hobbled Mahomes and the All Pro receiving trifecta of MVS, Moore, and Marcus Kemp.

Literally 100% of Kemp's postseason Offensive production came from that game. Just an interesting thought is all...

And yes. they need all of them just to top them, god forbid we had a real WR1 or a healthy WR core.

redfan 05-30-2023 02:57 PM

Hitting the copium hard

scho63 05-30-2023 02:59 PM

IF the queen had balls she would be the king.

tredadda 05-30-2023 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcgreene (Post 16963929)
Literally 100% of Kemp's postseason Offensive production came from that game. Just an interesting thought is all...

And yes. they need all of them just to top them, god forbid we had a real WR1 or a healthy WR core.

What's even more amazing is that they called Kemp up for that game. I guess this also goes to show that Mahomes is the better QB between him and Burrow and it's not even close. Burrow needed all three WRs (two of which would be #1 WRs on almost any team and another is a high #2) and his health to compete against an injured Mahomes and a who's who of JAG receivers.

Buehler445 05-30-2023 03:06 PM

Holy ****ing shit.

1. PR dude needs fired. Players are coached to say nothing at all better than that.

2. I'm trying to remember but I don't think I've ever seen a team be in a dude's head like that. Even before training camp. That's incredible. Mahomes is rent free in bitches' domes.

kcgreene 05-30-2023 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16963936)
What's even more amazing is that they called Kemp up for that game. I guess this also goes to show that Mahomes is the better QB between him and Burrow and it's not even close. Burrow needed all three WRs (two of which would be #1 WRs on almost any team and another is a high #2) and his health to compete against an injured Mahomes and a who's who of JAG receivers.

I remember that now, I think it was because Watson was insanely ill if I remember right.

And Exactly. Burrow couldn't get the W being healthy and with a Top 3 WR Core.

Mahomes had one leg, Kelce, MVS, Table Scraps at receiver, a RB with a torn labrum and broken hand, and the 2 most pressure allowing tackles in the NFL.

Damn, we're blessed.

ToxSocks 05-30-2023 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcgreene (Post 16963941)

Mahomes had one leg, Kelce, MVS, Table Scraps at receiver, a RB with a torn labrum and broken hand, and the 2 most pressure allowing tackles in the NFL.

Damn, we're blessed.

Ahem. Kelce with a bad back who was questionable to even play in the game.

Mahomes basically had one leg and an MVS that everyone said wasn't good enough for Aaron Rodgers.

Bearcat 05-30-2023 03:33 PM

Player thinks he would have made a difference

Slow news day, huh.

FlaChief58 05-30-2023 03:55 PM

Loser says what?

tredadda 05-30-2023 04:05 PM

Quote:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...chiefs-healthy

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd believes he was the missing factor that kept the team from making back-to-back Super Bowl appearances.

In his first day of offseason workouts, the veteran wide receiver met with reporters for the first time since the AFC championship loss to Kansas City, where he suffered a deep thigh bruise early in the second quarter of the 23-20 loss. Boyd said he would have finished the game if he was at least 80% healthy.

He said what bothered him the most was the feeling that he let the team down.

"Still to this day, I feel like if I would have played the whole game, I was the key factor," Boyd said. "We would've won the game."

At the time of the injury, Boyd had two catches for 40 yards. He appeared to suffer the injury following a 24-yard completion. At the end of a big gain, Boyd's left leg was caught beneath Kansas City safety Justin Reid as Reid made the tackle. When Boyd stood up following the play, he immediately favored his left leg.

Article continues but is pointless. He goes on to say that landing Orlando Brown Jr. was a victory for them in the rivalry with the Chiefs.

God, I hate the Bengals.

Even had they won Philly would have boat raced them.

Jewish Rabbi 05-30-2023 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16964010)
Even had they won Philly would have boat raced them.

If by boat raced you mean dolphin raped

BossChief 05-30-2023 04:13 PM

This is a low key blast on his own secondary, isn’t it? They couldn’t even stop MVS when that’s basically all Mahomes had besides Kelce (that almost couldn’t play because of his back)

Someone should retweet that nonsense to his secondary

Titty Meat 05-30-2023 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 16964014)
This is a low key blast on his own secondary, isn’t it? They couldn’t even stop MVS when that’s basically all Mahomes had besides Kelce (that almost couldn’t play because of his back)

Someone should retweet that nonsense to his secondary

His line couldnt block Jones either

SHOWTIME 05-30-2023 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16963861)

wait til you see Donovan Smith…

Megatron96 05-30-2023 05:10 PM

Meh. CIN also didn't have either starting OT, right? Iirc, CIN was down 3/5 of their starting OL.

I mean, we saw what happened when KC didn't have a serviceable OL in 2020. The Chiefs couldn't even score a TD, and we had most of the starting WR/TEs/RBs available to us.

Titty Meat 05-30-2023 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME (Post 16964062)

Yeah this is more CP bullshit. If Brown would have re-signed for the deal he got in Cincy this board would kiss Veachs ass but now that hes no longer a Chief he was never good

FlaChief58 05-30-2023 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16964068)
Yeah this is more CP bullshit. If Brown would have re-signed for the deal he got in Cincy this board would kiss Veachs ass but now that hes no longer a Chief he was never good

Well yeah, that's how fandom works. It's science

Titty Meat 05-30-2023 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 16964075)
Well yeah, that's how fandom works. It's science

I like u

Bowser 05-30-2023 05:25 PM

Quote:

And that's not mentioning Mahomes just dropping the ball for a turnover, either. Pretty sure we were marching on that drive, IIRC. A healthy Mahomes ALONE would have given us a blowout win.

I hope Bryan Cook hits Boyd so hard this season that when he wakes up he thinks he's back in that game again.

tredadda 05-30-2023 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16964066)
Meh. CIN also didn't have either starting OT, right? Iirc, CIN was down 3/5 of their starting OL.

I mean, we saw what happened when KC didn't have a serviceable OL in 2020. The Chiefs couldn't even score a TD, and we had most of the starting WR/TEs/RBs available to us.

Mahomes also battled turf toe, the TB DLine was much better than KC's last year, and KC had maybe 1/5 of their starting line in that game (I believe Reiter at center). Wylie who was a guard got kicked out to RT and Remmers a backup RT was shifted to LT. To compare the SB to that game is silly as they aren't the same.

tredadda 05-30-2023 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16964068)

Except he wasn't good and that was well known on here well before he signed with Cincy. The only reason why people would have been happy at all would have been because of stability and familiarity, not because he was good.

saphojunkie 05-30-2023 05:37 PM

I didn’t want Brown at any cost, and said so.

Rain Man 05-30-2023 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16963867)
All I’ve gotta say to the guy…

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_KvUsDIr188" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like this scene because I always think about the guy in the back. (Fred Ward, I think?) If you're an actor, you have to act effectively even if you don't have any lines. I bet they did 20 takes of this little scene, and watch Fred in the back He sells his role fully and effectively.

Rainbarrel 05-30-2023 06:22 PM

He will spend the next super bowl looking for Bengals SB wins in a bowl of spaghetti os

Demonpenz 05-30-2023 06:25 PM

People aren't even close to the chiefs.

Megatron96 05-30-2023 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16964085)
Mahomes also battled turf toe, the TB DLine was much better than KC's last year, and KC had maybe 1/5 of their starting line in that game (I believe Reiter at center). Wylie who was a guard got kicked out to RT and Remmers a backup RT was shifted to LT. To compare the SB to that game is silly as they aren't the same.

TB?

regardless, whether they're 'exactly the same' isn't really the point. The point is that losing more than half your starting OL will make a difference in how well your offense executes, n'est-ce pas?

CIN went into the AFFCG last year without the OL they had when they played us in the regular season, fact. it probably made a real difference in how they executed.

Just as losing 4/5 of our OL in 2020 changed how our offense operated. Fine, maybe not in exactly the same way, but in both cases the loss of several starters on the OL hurt each team's ability to execute as well as they did when they had those starters.

T-post Tom 05-30-2023 06:51 PM

As dislikable as the Bengals may be, I am sure everyone here would love to meet the Cincinnati mayor at the George Brett statue. That moron really put his foot in his mouth. They seem to have more than their fair share of stooges in Cincinnati. Stooges

tredadda 05-30-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16964150)
TB?

regardless, whether they're 'exactly the same' isn't really the point. The point is that losing more than half your starting OL will make a difference in how well your offense executes, n'est-ce pas?

CIN went into the AFFCG last year without the OL they had when they played us in the regular season, fact. it probably made a real difference in how they executed.

Just as losing 4/5 of our OL in 2020 changed how our offense operated. Fine, maybe not in exactly the same way, but in both cases the loss of several starters on the OL hurt each team's ability to execute as well as they did when they had those starters.

Tampa Bay. Also when KC lost to the Bucs, they were playing a team at full strength with three top WRs of which one is a HOFer and the other would have gone down as a Top 5 WR ever if he wasn't insane (Evans, Brown, Godwin). They also had one of the greatest TEs ever (Gronkowski), a top 5 pick RB who's career had been resurrected (Fournette), and an elite OLine.

Cincinnati lost to a QB who was hobbled by a high ankle sprain, a TE dealing with back issues, and by the end of the game, MVS, Moore, and just brought up from the practice squad Kemp with two turnstiles at T. Oh and a 7th round RB dealing with two injuries. Cincy still had a healthy QB that most consider to be the second best in the NFL, two #1 WRs, Mixon, Perine, and Henry and still lost.

KC played a much stronger overall team in that SB than Cincy did in the AFCCG. The Chiefs offense had to fire on all cylinders to keep up with that Bucs team. Cincy could not outscore a KC offense decimated by injuries and yet them being down three linemen was the equivalent to KCs SB loss?

Titty Meat 05-30-2023 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16964087)
Except he wasn't good and that was well known on here well before he signed with Cincy. The only reason why people would have been happy at all would have been because of stability and familiarity, not because he was good.

Brown was a solid LT here

IowaHawkeyeChief 05-30-2023 07:20 PM

Quote:

depends on if its a healthy 2021 or and injured 2022 Donovan Smith...

tredadda 05-30-2023 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16964215)
Brown was a solid LT here

Solid is a stretch there. He was passable. If he were "solid" there would have been a bidding war for him. There wasn't and now he's being paid far less than what a "solid" LT should make. Don't let Mahomes ability to avoid the rush fool you into thinking Brown Jr was better than he really was.

Megatron96 05-30-2023 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16964194)
Tampa Bay. Also when KC lost to the Bucs, they were playing a team at full strength with three top WRs of which one is a HOFer and the other would have gone down as a Top 5 WR ever if he wasn't insane (Evans, Brown, Godwin). They also had one of the greatest TEs ever (Gronkowski), a top 5 pick RB who's career had been resurrected (Fournette), and an elite OLine.

Cincinnati lost to a QB who was hobbled by a high ankle sprain, a TE dealing with back issues, and by the end of the game, MVS, Moore, and just brought up from the practice squad Kemp with two turnstiles at T. Oh and a 7th round RB dealing with two injuries. Cincy still had a healthy QB that most consider to be the second best in the NFL, two #1 WRs, Mixon, Perine, and Henry and still lost.

KC played a much stronger overall team in that SB than Cincy did in the AFCCG. The Chiefs offense had to fire on all cylinders to keep up with that Bucs team. Cincy could not outscore a KC offense decimated by injuries and yet them being down three linemen was the equivalent to KCs SB loss?

Ah, now I get it.

No, I didn't say it was equivalent. I said losing several starters along your OL would change how well the team executed its offense, and I used the KC SBLV team as an obvious example of how that's true. There's several other examples, but i know everyone remembers that team/game, so that's the one i used.

You're getting into the actual results of a particular game. I'm simply referring to a well-known game, but my point is just that losing several starters from an OL will necessarily reduce that team's efficiency on offense.

And we almost didn't win that game. In the end, it took a slow start by CIN, a pair of uncharacteristic INTs by Burrow, a career performance from MVS, and it literally took a great return from a much-maligned rookie WR and a terrible roughing penalty for KC to win that game. Terrible as in, what was Ossai thinking???

Look, I'm not making excuses for CIN, I just noticed that no one seemed to remember that they weren't at their best either. We beat them yes, but that wasn't the same team we faced earlier in the season. They were a little banged up in the AFCCG.

Coochie liquor 05-30-2023 07:46 PM

Those bitches woulda got ROLLED by Philly. We did them a favor and helped them not get blown out in a SB. Imagine needing 3 #1’s to beat the team that beat you with MVS and a bunch of 5 and 6’s! Embarrassing! How many quarterbacks have made it back to the SB after losing their first?? Single digits….

Coochie liquor 05-30-2023 07:48 PM

Quote:

wait til you see Donovan Smith…next to Joe MOTHER****ING Thuney

Fyp, Showtime!

Bump 05-30-2023 07:51 PM

Quote:

right!

they lost Boyd but we were down to Marcus Kemp lol

tredadda 05-30-2023 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16964236)
Ah, now I get it.

No, I didn't say it was equivalent. I said losing several starters along your OL would change how well the team executed its offense, and I used the KC SBLV team as an obvious example of how that's true. There's several other examples, but i know everyone remembers that team/game, so that's the one i used.

You're getting into the actual results of a particular game. I'm simply referring to a well-known game, but my point is just that losing several starters from an OL will necessarily reduce that team's efficiency on offense.

And we almost didn't win that game. In the end, it took a slow start by CIN, a pair of uncharacteristic INTs by Burrow, a career performance from MVS, and it literally took a great return from a much-maligned rookie WR and a terrible roughing penalty for KC to win that game. Terrible as in, what was Ossai thinking???

Look, I'm not making excuses for CIN, I just noticed that no one seemed to remember that they weren't at their best either. We beat them yes, but that wasn't the same team we faced earlier in the season. They were a little banged up in the AFCCG.

I will agree with you that losing some starting Olinemen will affect the offense some, but that team had more than enough firepower left to offset it. Losing your top WRs and having your mobile QB hobbled with a high ankle sprain reduces a team's efficiency on offense. Did certain things go right for KC? Sure. But let's not forget the uncharacteristic fumble by Mahomes with KC driving that cost them at minimum 3 points if not possibly 7.

It took a lot for Cincy to even be in that game. If memory serves me wasn't one INT called back and another dropped? Cincinnati got lucky that went their way. Pacheco had a TD called back on a very weak, questionable hold as well. If anything Cincinnati was fortunate it wasn't a blowout. KC had to make adjustments that the Bengals could not.

They may not have been at their best, but they were still far healthier than KC, especially at the one position that mattered most.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-30-2023 07:53 PM

Do people not realize Smith was one of the best pass blockers in the NFL in 2021?

Last year, he battled through injuries all year long. He was, admittedly, not good.

The Chiefs are betting on health and a bounce back year.

I like the bet.

tredadda 05-30-2023 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16964256)
Do people not realize Smith was one of the best pass blockers in the NFL in 2021?

Last year, he battled through injuries all year long. He was, admittedly, not good.

I like the bet.

Andy knows Oline. If he is on board with this, then I am as well.

Megatron96 05-30-2023 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16964255)
I will agree with you that losing some starting Olinemen will affect the offense some, but that team had more than enough firepower left to offset it. Losing your top WRs and having your mobile QB hobbled with a high ankle sprain reduces a team's efficiency on offense. Did certain things go right for KC? Sure. But let's not forget the uncharacteristic fumble by Mahomes with KC driving that cost them at minimum 3 points if not possibly 7.

It took a lot for Cincy to even be in that game. If memory serves me wasn't one INT called back and another dropped? Cincinnati got lucky that went their way. Pacheco had a TD called back on a very weak, questionable hold as well. If anything Cincinnati was fortunate it wasn't a blowout. KC had to make adjustments that the Bengals could not.

They may not have been at their best, but they were still far healthier than KC, especially at the one position that mattered most.

Well, yeah. I was never disagreeing with your argument about how things shook out. i agree with almost all of it.

Rasputin 05-30-2023 08:41 PM

Quote:

I like the bet.

:toast:

scho63 05-30-2023 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16964079)
I like u

I bet you say that to all the boys. ;)

Rasputin 05-30-2023 11:39 PM

Did the Bungles do anything with their interior line? Burrow is going be a whipping post. He will lead the league in getting sacked again.

T-post Tom 05-31-2023 06:07 AM

Boyd, Hilton & Burrow drink Bud Light & shop at Target.

Coochie liquor 05-31-2023 07:16 AM

The wildest thing I heard is after 3 years, Chase is still the youngest receiver on their roster. Even with the rookies.

kcgreene 05-31-2023 08:12 AM

Quote:

I like the bet.

Posted this on the Donovan Smith Signing thread, but its fitting here too apparently.

Regular Season Stats:

2022 Orlando allowed 2.765 pressures per game

2022 Wylie allowed 2.88 pressures per game

2022 (Mostly Injured) Donovan allowed 2.385 pressures per game

2021 (Healthy) Donovan allowed 1.765 pressures per game.

Pressure numbers are from PFF.

I think he'll fit in just fine.

Not to mention how Mahomes Pressure to Sack Ratio makes his Oline even better (Somewhere around 11% for his career I believe while no other QB in that timespan is lower than 14.5% or something like that, trying to find the stat on that).

Titty Meat 05-31-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcgreene (Post 16964615)
Posted this on the Donovan Smith Signing thread, but its fitting here too apparently.

Regular Season Stats:

2022 Orlando allowed 2.765 pressures per game

2022 Wylie allowed 2.88 pressures per game

2022 (Mostly Injured) Donovan allowed 2.385 pressures per game

2021 (Healthy) Donovan allowed 1.765 pressures per game.

Pressure numbers are from PFF.

I think he'll fit in just fine.

Not to mention how Mahomes Pressure to Sack Ratio makes his Oline even better (Somewhere around 11% for his career I believe while no other QB in that timespan is lower than 14.5% or something like that, trying to find the stat on that).

There is no scenario where Smith was better than Brown past year

kcgreene 05-31-2023 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16964917)

I think that blanket statements like that can easily be wrong.

I don't think he's better, I think that data concludes he's an effective pass blocker, ESPECIALLY when healthy. Don't get me wrong, he has penalty issues, and that very well could come back to bite us, but a lot of people are acting as if this is a significant drop off when it's minor at most in my opinion.

Breaking down Pressure to snap ratio, OBJ allowed pressure on 6.5% of snaps in 22, and 5.0% of snaps in 21, compared to 5.22% and 3.9% respectively for Smith (Regular Season numbers)

He's nowhere as effective a run blocker as OBJ in my opinion, but that can still work with our offense.

On the whole, he has allowed less pressures per opportunity than OBJ the last 2 years (even with the hyperextended elbow and foot problems). And don't get me wrong, part of that can be scheming, but I trust Heck and Andy here to bring the best out of him, injured or not.

kcgreene 05-31-2023 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcgreene (Post 16964984)
I think that blanket statements like that can easily be wrong.

I don't think he's better, I think that data concludes he's an effective pass blocker, ESPECIALLY when healthy. Don't get me wrong, he has penalty issues, and that very well could come back to bite us, but a lot of people are acting as if this is a significant drop off when it's minor at most in my opinion.

Breaking down Pressure to snap ratio, OBJ allowed pressure on 6.5% of snaps in 22, and 5.0% of snaps in 21, compared to 5.22% and 3.9% respectively for Smith (Regular Season numbers)

He's nowhere as effective a run blocker as OBJ in my opinion, but that can still work with our offense.

On the whole, he has allowed less pressures per opportunity than OBJ the last 2 years (even with the hyperextended elbow and foot problems). And don't get me wrong, part of that can be scheming, but I trust Heck and Andy here to bring the best out of him, injured or not.

Forgot to include, his foot speed is substantially better than OBJs in my opinion, and he should be substantially better against the speed rush.

tredadda 05-31-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcgreene (Post 16965005)
Forgot to include, his foot speed is substantially better than OBJs in my opinion, and he should be substantially better against the speed rush.

Brown Jr was a good run blocker. He was also good at just being big. That probably was a reason why he was a good run blocker.

Skyy God 05-31-2023 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 16964512)
Boyd, Hilton & Burrow drink Bud Light & shop at Target.

The T stands for triggered, right??

Wilson8 05-31-2023 01:40 PM

Hope Boyd keeps up the talk...until next time.

Quote:

Boyd said that the Bengals, who have faced the Chiefs in the last two AFC Championship Games, especially love taking a great player from a big rival.

“I loved it,” Boyd said, via Joe Danneman of Fox 19. “You know, we have a nice little rivalry with the Chiefs and to see him come over, you know, it’s like, yeah, we one-upped y’all. But at the end of the day, he’s a great player. No matter where he’d have went, he’s probably one of the best at his position. To add him to what we had already, it’s going to allow Joe to more time and allow us to put up more points.”

PHOG 05-31-2023 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 16965146)
Hope Boyd keeps up the talk...until next time.

“You know, we have a nice little rivalry with the Chiefs and to see him come over, you know, it’s like, yeah, we one-upped y’all."

Yep, shitty LT's they sure did. We'll take the Lombardi's.

DJ's left nut 05-31-2023 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16964917)

I will repeat that I think the Chiefs OTs got barbecued, often unfairly, by the person who was 'grading' the pressures.

The pressures just don't check out. They don't align with anything else that team did. The sack rate, the pass block win rates - none of them make sense if you also conclude that the Chiefs were abysmal at giving up pressures from OT.

But if you think those pressure figures were inflated by maybe 1/3, suddenly everything else lines out pretty sensibly, right down to Brown being better than Smith last season (when he undeniably was better than a hobbled Smith).

I just don't put much stock in the pressure numbers. They're too subjective and I've seen PFF graders get hard-ons for guys too many times in the past to believe that it couldn't have happened here.

I noticed it back in 2012/2013 when PFF wrote a pre-season article about how great Rob Ninkovich was. Then low and behold, the 2012 season happens and what do you know, Rob Ninkovich was a monster by PFF's grading! Meanwhile Chandler Jones goes out there and gets 13 sacks and is considered barely a fringe average pass rusher according to PFF.

These 'graders' are simply not above confirmation bias. And it shows time and time again. I absolutely think that's what happened with the pressures surrendered by Brown and Wylie. You just can't have the kind of pass rush win rates they had and still have the poor pressure rates they had.