ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mitch Holthus struggles with his emotions during post game wrap up (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280410)

scho63 01-05-2014 06:19 PM

Mitch Holthus struggles with his emotions during post game wrap up

I love listening to Mitch Holthus and wish the radio broadcast wasn't two plays behind all the time. I know he is paid to support the Chiefs and never asks a hard question during interviews but he is one of the best local guys around-just try listening to most of the local coverage teams on radio and they SUCK.

After yesterday's loss, you can tell how much Mitch loves the Chiefs and how hard it was for him to try and go over the game. He couldn't even look squarely at the camera, just looking down for most of the talk with Reid Ferrin.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...1-43459214aa70

TribalElder 01-05-2014 06:21 PM

After suffering for so long and witnessing a historical bedshit I'm surprised he didn't go full belcher

TripleThreat 01-05-2014 06:22 PM

cant even relive that game. just looking at that stadium pisses me off.

MMXcalibur 01-05-2014 06:22 PM

Mitch can't look into the camera?
All day today, I can barely stand to look at the team's logo.

Discuss Thrower 01-05-2014 06:22 PM

I couldn't care any less for how Mitch feels.

Deberg_1990 01-05-2014 06:23 PM

Maybe tasting his wife's sweet nectar made him feel better today....

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-05-2014 06:25 PM

Is there a playoff win bonus in his contract

Big Poppa Payne 01-05-2014 06:26 PM

I'm absolutely sick after watching that.

But.... The NFL got it's wish and their golden boy Andrew Luck had his signature game. With Brady and Manning on their way out I'm sure Goodell was doing cartwheels after that game.

007 01-05-2014 06:27 PM

Radio was ahead of the TV for me. I had to go to kcfx online just to sync up.

FlaChief58 01-05-2014 06:28 PM

He's right, this one hurts a lot, but it was a good year and I have faith that this team is on the right track.

gblowfish 01-05-2014 06:34 PM

Reid the Red is the Baghdad Bob of the Chiefs PR Machine.

afchief 01-05-2014 06:40 PM

Radio use to be about half a play ahead of TV for me, but I had to quit listening to Mitch. It's probably just me but since the Denver game or maybe before, Mitch sounded as excited when the opponent scored as when we did. Was it just me or did anyone else notice it.

Deberg_1990 01-05-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10347911)
Reid the Red is the Baghdad Bob of the Chiefs PR Machine.

Farren appears to have been about 0 years old the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game.

siberian khatru 01-05-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10347968)
Farren appears to have been about 0 years old the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game.

LMAO

Big Poppa Payne 01-05-2014 06:45 PM

After SF kicks this field goal then 3 of the 4 road teams won this weekend. That doesn't make me want to kill myself any less.

Brock 01-05-2014 06:49 PM

The guy has been stuck here in the vortex of misery too long.

LoneWolf 01-05-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npayne1978 (Post 10347991)
After SF kicks this field goal then 3 of the 4 road teams won this weekend. That doesn't make me want to kill myself any less.

Why fight the feeling?

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-05-2014 06:57 PM

Suicide by horny giant tortoises

gold_and_red 01-05-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npayne1978 (Post 10347991)

And KC was the only playoff team to have a better road record than home record!!

Big Poppa Payne 01-05-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10348040)
Why fight the feeling?

I'm a little conflicted.

GloryDayz 01-05-2014 08:38 PM

"No excuses"? The team's five year plans are nothing more that a five year excuse. Just because the excuses are coming from the latest excusee, in the grand scheme of things this team lives off of overall excuses.

I'll add that his closeness to AR might give him more information than the average fan, but in the end his loyalty to AR and sucking up to AR is as much a requirement of his job as it might be true too.

He talks a lot about hurt. Great sound-bite material for sure, but I don't seem to recall seeing any anger, fighting, yelling or even a thrown helmet "out of frustration." Did I miss something? Hell, I'd love to see that kind of emotion, it might make me thing these guys care. All i saw was a bunch of typical coach-speak and players telling us what we all knew (IOW, a waste of an interview). "We didn't execute and ge the job done" and "credit to the Colts, they got the job done" and things of that ilk are just silly. So this seemed as much scripted as anything else. I'm left to wonder if he wasn't looking at the camera because he was reading from a teleprompter.

"How will they respond"? LOL, most are prolly headed to Cancun or a sunny beach location, and Bowe is headed to Denver! And they "will respond to Andy Reid like they have all year"? OK.....It begs the question, why was he asking them to suck blow big leads. I think Andy needs to get A LOT meaner if this is true.

Sorry to dis on the guy's interview, but I think the fans are hurting more than anybody who gets paid by the Chefs franchise. And the lack of documented emotion about this most egregious of losses is pretty telling.

Big Poppa Payne 01-05-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 10348054)
And KC was the only playoff team to have a better road record than home record!!

God hates the Chiefs. That's the only possible explanation.

HonestChieffan 01-05-2014 08:43 PM

Mitch is top drawer. Anybody who can fault this guy is simply ****ed up. Listen to any other radio broadcast and you know this guy is one of the best

GloryDayz 01-05-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10348398)
Mitch is top drawer. Anybody who can fault this guy is simply ****ed up. Listen to any other radio broadcast and you know this guy is one of the best

I agree, but I don't discount his allegiance to a paycheck either. He's one I love to listen to, but I hate his employer and I know they demand certain things. Most of this (like 99% of it) was probably very heartfelt, but I just think there's a lot he's wanting to say but knows he has to pay the bills too.

So he's one of the best people in the franchise, but he IS in the franchise nonetheless.

ghak99 01-05-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10348385)
"No excuses"? The team's five year plans are nothing more that a five year excuse. Just because the excuses are coming from the latest excusee, in the grand scheme of things this team lives off of overall excuses.

I'll add that his closeness to AR might give him more information than the average fan, but in the end his loyalty to AR and sucking up to AR is as much a requirement of his job as it might be true too.

He talks a lot about hurt. Great sound-bite material for sure, but I don't seem to recall seeing any anger, fighting, yelling or even a thrown helmet "out of frustration." Did I miss something? Hell, I'd love to see that kind of emotion, it might make me thing these guys care. All i saw was a bunch of typical coach-speak and players telling us what we all knew (IOW, a waste of an interview). "We didn't execute and ge the job done" and "credit to the Colts, they got the job done" and things of that ilk are just silly. So this seemed as much scripted as anything else. I'm left to wonder if he wasn't looking at the camera because he was reading from a teleprompter.

"How will they respond"? LOL, most are prolly headed to Cancun or a sunny beach location, and Bowe is headed to Denver! And they "will respond to Andy Reid like they have all year"? OK.....It begs the question, why was he asking them to suck blow big leads. I think Andy needs to get A LOT meaner if this is true.

Sorry to dis on the guy's interview, but I think the fans are hurting more than anybody who gets paid by the Chefs franchise. And the lack of documented emotion about this most egregious of losses is pretty telling.

I was thinking about this after looking back at the Saints player arguing with anyone who would listen on the side lines trying to get his helmet back so he could get back into the game. There was no way in hell they were putting him back out there after getting his bell rang, but he was obviously pissed about not being able to get back on the field and had a huge desire to get back out there for his team.

Our players often seem like the over the top desire to compete just isn't there. Sure they play hard, but I haven't noticed enough of the fire and emotion to pull through the tough moments of big games.

Rasputin 01-05-2014 09:40 PM

I really feel bad for Reid Ferrin after being a fan of the Chiefs for two years. It must be really hard for him to deal with this loss. Forget the lifers Reid Ferrin needs a hug.

Fritz88 01-05-2014 09:42 PM

What would one expect? Smile?
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz 01-05-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10348545)
I really feel bad for Reid Ferrin after being a fan of the Chiefs for two years. It must be really hard for him to deal with this loss. Forget the lifers Reid Ferrin needs a hug.

That's a very valid point.. Rep for you sir!

Discuss Thrower 01-05-2014 09:47 PM

I'm kind of puzzled why he hasn't moved on a la Kevin Harlan.

Bowser 01-05-2014 09:49 PM

Speaking of...

How much longer can Len Dawson sit in the booth and watch the Chiefs fail to either make it to the playoffs or advance to the playoffs? You know it's got to be eating him up even more than it does Mitch.

journeyscarab 01-05-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afchief (Post 10347962)
Radio use to be about half a play ahead of TV for me, but I had to quit listening to Mitch. It's probably just me but since the Denver game or maybe before, Mitch sounded as excited when the opponent scored as when we did. Was it just me or did anyone else notice it.

Yes, both he and Len have been doing this for some time. Not sure why, don't know if they don't want to be pegged as homers but its ******** annoying. I'd rather they act like homers to a fault than whatever they are doing now.

Mitch even did the "Touchdown COLTS" in the same manner as he does for the Chiefs but maybe with a little lesser level of enthusiasm but I was like...dude who are you pulling for here Mitch?

Len is getting especially annoying with the three phrases he uses over and over again.

HonestChieffan 01-05-2014 10:26 PM

Listen to 10 minutes of a mizzou broadcAst. And try not to stab you eyes out. Then any NFL game. Then the Chiefs. Our guys do great if not the best.

rabblerouser 01-05-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10348385)

well, teams are a refection of their coach, right.

rabblerouser 01-05-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10348681)
Listen to 10 minutes of a mizzou broadcAst. And try not to stab you eyes out. Then any NFL game. Then the Chiefs. Our guys do great if not the best.

true, but the years on Len are becoming audibly evident.

Simply Red 01-05-2014 10:34 PM

Mitch is no idiot - He seems a legitimately solid person.

MAG 01-05-2014 10:59 PM

mitch doesn't deserve this. none of us do.

GloryDayz 01-06-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10348698)
Mitch is no idiot - He seems a legitimately solid person.

I will second this... And second anything that says nobody wearing Chefs red deserves what just happened.