ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My cat died (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210518)

Titty Meat 07-17-2009 09:09 PM

My cat died

This ****ing sucks. Was sitting outside and a neighbor told me that he saw it dead in the street on Wensday. Never thought losing a pet would be this sad.

luv 07-17-2009 09:10 PM

I'd me mortified if my cat died. Sorry for your loss.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-17-2009 09:10 PM

Sorry to hear it bro.

RJ 07-17-2009 09:10 PM

Sorry about your cat, billay. Yeah, losing a pet is hard.

Mecca 07-17-2009 09:11 PM

Wow that's shitty, I have a cat he doesn't go outside though.

petegz28 07-17-2009 09:14 PM

Sorry to hear it, man....that's a tough way to lose a pet

Titty Meat 07-17-2009 09:17 PM

Thanks guys. What sucks is I was never a fan of letting him outside my parents always let him out, he wasn't fixed either. It sucks more cuz we got a beagle in April but they didn't get along so we kept the cat.

Reaper16 07-17-2009 09:18 PM

:( Sorry to hear it.

KCChiefsMan 07-17-2009 09:58 PM

ya, sorry to hear that man. I'd be very sad if my cat died, I love that little thing.

MahiMike 07-17-2009 11:05 PM

FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST!

memyselfI 07-17-2009 11:51 PM

So sorry to hear this.

J Diddy 07-18-2009 12:14 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your cat.

Frazod 07-18-2009 12:14 AM

That sucks. My condolences. :(

Give yourself some time to grieve and then get another one.

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908358)
That sucks. My condolences. :(

Give yourself some time to grieve and then get another one.

Yea I was going to get two net time. He was my first cat and it seemed like he always wanted to be around other cats.

chiefs1111 07-18-2009 12:17 AM

sorry to hear that.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908360)
Yea I was going to get two net time. He was my first cat and it seemed like he always wanted to be around other cats.

You gotta' rotate your pets. You get a new cat or dog when your present one is about 5 or 6 years along.

That way, as they pass on through the years it doesn't feel so empty.

Frazod 07-18-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908360)

I think it's good to have more than one - that way the cats stay social and have something else to interact with when you're not home. I would recommend getting two siblings as kittens - that way you know they'll get along with each other.

And I would also recommend you stick to your guns about keeping the cats indoors. Much safer that way.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908375)
I think it's good to have more than one - that way the cats stay social and have something else to interact with when you're not home. I would recommend getting two siblings as kittens - that way you know they'll get along with each other.

And I would also recommend you stick to your guns about keeping the cats indoors. Much safer that way.

Word. Unless they grow up outside, they don't belong there.

Phobia 07-18-2009 12:33 AM

Your cat was dead on the street? That sucks.

Frazod 07-18-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908378)
Word. Unless they grow up outside, they don't belong there.

There are just too many things out there that can grease a cat quick. A good sized dog might survive an animal attack or getting hit by a car, but generally a cat's just ****ed.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908392)
There are just too many things out there that can grease a cat quick. A good size dog might survive an animal attack or getting hit by a car, but generally a cat's just ****ed.

Troof!

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908375)

Yup plus he wasn't fixed. It was frustrating telling my parents lets get him fixed and keep him inside far less worse things can happen, but I didn't have the money to do so and they didn't want to for whatever reason.

Frazod 07-18-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908398)
Yup plus he wasn't fixed. It was frustrating telling my parents lets get him fixed and keep him inside far less worse things can happen, but I didn't have the money to do so and they didn't want to for whatever reason.

You can probably adopt a cat/cats from your local shelter that will have their shots and be fixed. Save you some trouble and money.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908401)
You can probably adopt a cat/cats from your local shelter that will have their shots and be fixed. Save you some trouble and money.

And it's a good thing to do.:thumb:

Goldmember 07-18-2009 01:02 AM

I'm sorry about your cat, but remember this if you get another one-

The average age for an indoor cat is 15 years, while the average age for an outdoor cat is only 3 to 5 years

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 5908426)

The average age for an indoor cat is 15 years, while the average age for an outdoor cat is only 3 to 5 years

Where you get that stat from?

Frazod 07-18-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

I've never heard those stats, but I have no trouble believing them.

Our oldest two are brothers, and are 15. And they never go outside.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908431)

Our oldest lived to 16, so that sounds about right.

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 01:09 AM

My dog lived for 17 years I think losing the dog was more rough then losing the cat despite seeing that the dogs health was declining.

Frazod 07-18-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908434)
Our oldest lived to 16, so that sounds about right.

Well, I hope we get a few more years out of them, but even though they're both healthy I know either one could go at any time. They're both still active, although one of them has slowed down a bit.

Buehler445 07-18-2009 01:10 AM

Sorry to hear this.

People will say it is just a cat, but it was YOUR cat.

There is some good advice in this thread.

Goldmember 07-18-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908430)

I've read it several places but google it. Its an average but most say an indoor cat will live about three times as long as an outdoor cat because of all the dangers they are exposed to.

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5908439)
Sorry to hear this.

People will say it is just a cat, but it was YOUR cat.

There is some good advice in this thread.

Thanks Buehler. Its just a cat until its always there through some of your hardships. Sometimes animals are more helpful to be around then humans

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908438)
Well, I hope we get a few more years out of them, but even though they're both healthy I know either one could go at any time. They're both still active, although one of them has slowed down a bit.

The best you can hope for is that they go peacefully in their sleep.

Frazod 07-18-2009 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5908442)
The best you can hope for is that they go peacefully in their sleep.

Yeah, I know. I sure don't look forward to it, though. And since they're brothers, it'll be really hard on the survivor. Plus my wife, who has had them since the day they were born.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908441)
Thanks Buehler. Its just a cat until its always there through some of your hardships. Sometimes animals are more helpful to be around then humans

I've met a lot of shitty people and very few shitty animals.

ChiefJustice 07-18-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908431)

I guess location might have something to it...as well as how tough your cat is.

I had a cat in a small town that was an indoor/outdoor cat from the time that it was about a year old.Used to knock on the screen door when he wanted back in.

He was about 10 when he disappeared.

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefJustice (Post 5908446)

I had a cat in a small town that was an indoor/outdoor cat from the time that it was about a year old.Used to knock on the screen door when he wanted back in.

Yup thats how mine was. A few months ago he disappeared for a few days and I was worried. This time he was gone for a few days and I wasnt worried go figure

Frazod 07-18-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

I have some friends who have a cat that's probably older than that who is an indoor/outdoor. Some certainly defy the odds.

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 01:18 AM

Jesus the more I read about indoor vs outdoor cat averages really pisses me off

Frazod 07-18-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908449)
Jesus the more I read about indoor vs outdoor cat averages really pisses me off

Don't beat yourself up over it - what's done is done. Your cat may be gone, but you gave it a good home and took care of it. And if it got hit by a car, it probably didn't suffer.

Buehler445 07-18-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Heh. My aunt has a similar cat.

One weekend I had a wedding in Lawrence, so I went to stay with her. She was out of town, but my cousin was home. I get there and get a text message from my cousin saying I should let myself in and could I please let out the dog. So I do. And SHOOOM! Out goes the cat. :eek: I'm currently operating under the assumption that the cat is an indoor cat (Lawrence afterall) and I just ****ed up bad. So wife and I go trapsing through the back alleys of Lawrence with my ****ing flashlight chasing this cat. I was shining my flashlight in people's back yards. I'm surprised I'm not in jail. Anyway we chase this thing for like half an hour and it finally goes back in. Please note that we did nothing to get the cat back in, it decided it was time.

So I tell my cousin about it and she says it goes out all the time. No big deal :cuss:

That cat is probably 10 also.

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908451)
Don't beat yourself up over it - what's done is done. Your cat may be gone, but you gave it a good home and took care of it. And if it got hit by a car, it probably didn't suffer.

Thats what I hope

Frazod 07-18-2009 01:29 AM

I've had the misfortune to run over two cats in my life. Both were tire shots, and I didn't have time to brake or swerve or anything - I just saw the flash of fur and felt the double bump. Absolutely nothing I could do in either case. Sure felt like shit over it, though. Still do. :(

Buehler445 07-18-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908458)
I've had the misfortune to run over two cats in my life. Both were tire shots, and I didn't have time to brake or swerve or anything - I just saw the flash of fur and felt the double bump. Absolutely nothing I could do in either case. Sure felt like shit over it, though. Still do. :(

I never have *knock on wood*. But I've delivered the news a couple times. Sucks.

Frazod 07-18-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5908460)
I never have *knock on wood*. But I've delivered the news a couple times. Sucks.

One time I was moving and driving a huge Dodge pick-up. Doing about 70 mph on US 63 near Columbia. No time to do anything but see the mess in the rear view mirror. My then-wife and then-sister-in-law were with me and both of them went off on me afterward like I did it on purpose. They're like "HOW COULD YOU??" What the hell?!

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 01:37 AM

Thats the other thing that sucks is the guy told me he saw our cat laying in the road so he stopped to look at him and pick him up but he was already ran over. So he called the city to come pick it up and he told me all this tonight when he was walking his dog

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-18-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5908454)
Heh. My aunt has a similar cat.

One weekend I had a wedding in Lawrence, so I went to stay with her. She was out of town, but my cousin was home. I get there and get a text message from my cousin saying I should let myself in and could I please let out the dog. So I do. And SHOOOM! Out goes the cat. :eek: I'm currently operating under the assumption that the cat is an indoor cat (Lawrence afterall) and I just ****ed up bad. So wife and I go trapsing through the back alleys of Lawrence with my ****ing flashlight chasing this cat. I was shining my flashlight in people's back yards. I'm surprised I'm not in jail. Anyway we chase this thing for like half an hour and it finally goes back in. Please note that we did nothing to get the cat back in, it decided it was time.

So I tell my cousin about it and she says it goes out all the time. No big deal :cuss:

That cat is probably 10 also.

ROFL I had a roommate in Lawrence who did the same damned thing. He was babysitting his Mom's cats in our flat and one of them bolted for the door.
So I'm coming home from the bar and walking down the alley between Mass St. and New Hampshire, between 8th st. and 9th st., and I see this black cat go bolting across the alley and my roommate about 30ft behind him cussing up a storm.:D
He finally got tired of chasing him, but the cat was an inside cat anyway and he just came back to the door after a few minutes.

That cat was something else. I don't know how she trained him, but you could walk over to him, put your shoulder down, and he'd jump right up and wrap himself around your neck and just hang out there while you walked around.

ChiefJustice 07-18-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908463)
One time I was moving and driving a huge Dodge pick-up. Doing about 70 mph on US 63 near Columbia. No time to do anything but see the mess in the rear view mirror. My then-wife and then-sister-in-law were with me and both of them went off on me afterward like I did it on purpose. They're like "HOW COULD YOU??" What the hell?!

Yeah,it sucks....that's where cats and squirrels are alike somewhat.They either know to stay away from the road when a car is near....or,go for it, Rocky running on the beach style.

Jethopper 07-18-2009 03:57 AM

cats hate people. sorry for your loss bro.

Hydrae 07-18-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

I have a houseful that have seriously defeated the odds then. I have too many cats (8) and the story of how that came about is too long and has nothing to do with the subject at hand. But I have a 15 year old indoor/outdoor cat as well as two who are now 9, one that is 8 and 2 under the age of 3. The other two seldom go out but that is by their own choice.

The funny part is that we kept our cats inside all the time until we got the one who is now 14. He would streak to the door if he heard the handle jiggle when he was a kitten. After a few months of fighting him over this we gave up and let him go out. The one who is now 15 was scared to death of going outside and would sit and howl at the back door (went out the front) like he was lost and couldn't find his way back. Now the 14 year old doesn't go out very often (maybe once a month) but the older one goes out most every day.

I will say, I have a large backyard and most of them hang there a lot so that may be part of why they have been able to survive against the odds. Or maybe we just take that good of care of them. :D

BTW, they are all fixed. I insist on that as soon as possible after they hit 6 months or so in age.

Demonpenz 07-18-2009 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
saw this posted in another thread but it might be a great tribute

Old Dog 07-18-2009 09:25 AM

Condolences.
I'm more of a dog person, but to each his own. Quite often I would rather talk to a pet than to a person. Not judgemental, and aren't gonna give me a speech.

Fire Me Boy! 07-18-2009 10:34 AM

My condolences man. About a year ago I went through losing a cat I'd had for seven years, and it's a very difficult thing. Take comfort in the fact he likely didn't suffer. Mine wasn't so lucky, and my final memories of that cat can still make me cry.

Frazod 07-18-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethopper (Post 5908512)
cats hate people. sorry for your loss bro.

I guess if we didn't get some tactless animal hating prick shooting his mouth off in a mourning thread, it wouldn't be ChiefsPlanet, would it? :shake:

Newsflash, idiot - cats don't hate people. Cats hate YOU because you suck.

Now go clean your ****ing trailer.

L.A. Chieffan 07-18-2009 11:35 AM

when i was a kid we lost so many cats to coyotes and hawks and shit we just stopped getting cats.

ClevelandBronco 07-18-2009 11:40 AM

I hope you get over it somehow.

kstater 07-18-2009 11:43 AM

I'm a stupid head...

BWillie 07-18-2009 11:54 AM

You need to get a Tiger. If that thing gets hit by a car, well, the car is going to be dead.

Frazod 07-18-2009 12:17 PM

Another lowlife scumbag joins the party. Quick, somebody find vailpass!

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908909)
Another lowlife scumbag joins the party. Quick, somebody find vailpass!

Meh, His Screename is Kansas Stater. Chances are he's a inbred redneck who was born to be stupid.

ChiTown 07-18-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908923)
Meh, His Screename is Kansas Stater. Chances are he's a inbred redneck who was born to be stupid.

Sorry for your loss, but watch your mouth, Nancy

Frazod 07-18-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908923)

Don't blame all of them for the actions of one ****ing douche.

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5908927)
Don't blame all of them for the actions of one ****ing douche.

I'm not but he probably is an inbred hick. He's a moron thats for sure.

Frazod 07-18-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908930)
I'm not but he probably is an inbred hick. He's a moron thats for sure.

No argument there.

kstater 07-18-2009 12:43 PM

The only thing a cat is useful for:

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 12:46 PM

The only thing Kstater is useful for http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDpQGG...mg/janitor.jpg

You missed a spot. Now get back to work

Hydrae 07-18-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5908945)

I take it your mother never taught you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything?

I'll be sure to post similarily appropriate pictures when you have a loved one pass away.

Titty Meat 07-18-2009 12:53 PM

His mother probably never gave him any attention so this is how he gets his attention. Whatever though I don't care the majority of people on Chiefsplanet are more nice then I ever imagined.

kstater 07-18-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908955)
His mother probably never gave him any attention so this is how he gets his attention. Whatever though I don't care the majority of people on Chiefsplanet are more nice then I ever imagined.

Will you be my mommy?

Epic Fail 007 07-18-2009 01:06 PM

SORRY BOUT UR CAT

sorry bout ur cat,my cat of 12 yrs recently died on may 20th.i cried for days,yes it very hard.it dose get easier to deal with.but yes it veryhard:(

Rain Man 07-18-2009 01:26 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. I lost one of my boys the day after Christmas last year, and I miss him badly. His 14th birthday would've been this week, so my other cat and I made a toast to him, me with a drink and him with a can of Fancy Feast. I was really impressed because my other cat doesn't eat canned food, but when I opened a can of Fancy Feast (my departed cat's favorite) and put it down, my remaining cat decided to eat the whole thing in his honor. It was touching.

He threw it all up on the couch about 15 minutes later, but that didn't affect the meaning behind it.

nstygma 07-18-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5908981)
He threw it all up on the couch about 15 minutes later, but that didn't affect the meaning behind it.

we've got a cat that does that, but we also have a dog that comes by and eats it up as if it was a delicacy :Lin:

Pioli Zombie 07-18-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5908430)

www.dontletthecatout.com.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsFan4Life 07-18-2009 01:48 PM

Sorry to hear about that Billy - losing any pet sucks because we grow attached to them and they become like a family member. Don't beat yourself up over anything as it sounds like you did everything you could. Again, sorry to hear about this happening :(

Goldmember 07-18-2009 03:06 PM

He threw it all up on the couch about 15 minutes later, but that didn't affect the meaning behind it.[/QUOTE]

LMAO

Goldmember 07-18-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 5908986)
we've got a cat that does that, but we also have a dog that comes by and eats it up as if it was a delicacy :Lin:

yeah, animals that eat vomit and poop aren't all the bright

Goldmember 07-18-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 5908682)
I have a houseful that have seriously defeated the odds then. I have too many cats (8) and the story of how that came about is too long and has nothing to do with the subject at hand. But I have a 15 year old indoor/outdoor cat as well as two who are now 9, one that is 8 and 2 under the age of 3. The other two seldom go out but that is by their own choice.

The funny part is that we kept our cats inside all the time until we got the one who is now 14. He would streak to the door if he heard the handle jiggle when he was a kitten. After a few months of fighting him over this we gave up and let him go out. The one who is now 15 was scared to death of going outside and would sit and howl at the back door (went out the front) like he was lost and couldn't find his way back. Now the 14 year old doesn't go out very often (maybe once a month) but the older one goes out most every day.

I will say, I have a large backyard and most of them hang there a lot so that may be part of why they have been able to survive against the odds. Or maybe we just take that good of care of them. :D

BTW, they are all fixed. I insist on that as soon as possible after they hit 6 months or so in age.

Glad that yours have lived so long, however, the law of averages will catch up to an animal that hangs around near cars, dogs, wild animals, mentally deficient people that want to harm animals, etc.

Goldmember 07-18-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5908945)

You really are a classless piece of ****.

Ebolapox 07-18-2009 03:18 PM

sorry to hear of your loss.