ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith is "the best in the league" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274957)

Stewie 07-31-2013 10:58 AM

Alex Smith is "the best in the league"

BY RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

There’s little question any success the Chiefs have this season hinges on how well quarterback Alex Smith performs.

The Chiefs paid a hefty price in acquiring Smith from San Francisco for a second-round pick in this year’s NFL Draft and a conditional second- or third-round pick in 2014.

Smith led San Francisco to the NFC championship game in 2011 and started the first nine games of the 49ers’ Super Bowl run a year ago, and Chiefs offensive coordinator Doug Pederson believes strongly in Smith.

“Ultimately, every team has to have a quarterback,” Pederson said. “I think we have the best in the league.”

The best? Better than Peyton Manning … Tom Brady … Drew Brees … Joe Flacco … Matt Ryan … Eli Manning … Colin Kaepernick … ?

“There are a lot of great ones,” Pederson said, “but over time, Alex has proven he can get it done. He’s a sharp guy, he brings a wealth of knowledge, he’s experienced, he’s a proven winner the last couple of years, and he needs a team to embrace him.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/31...#storylink=cpy

FlaChief58 07-31-2013 11:01 AM

And THIS is why you don't smoke crack

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 11:08 AM

Pederson is Maverick?

bevischief 07-31-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9847592)
And THIS is why you don't smoke crack

ROFL

MahiMike 07-31-2013 11:12 AM

I'm sure he's the best at SOMEthing. Bowling?

Mav 07-31-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847607)
Pederson is Maverick?

da ****? I have never said anything close to that, even im laughing my ass off over here. you have me confused with Mac Chiefs Niners.

Mav 07-31-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847607)
Pederson is Maverick?

must spread rep lol

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-31-2013 11:15 AM

I KNEW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847636)
must spread rep lol

Give some to FlaChief then it should let ya.

ptlyon 07-31-2013 11:20 AM

Ya, he really got it done didn't he

ptlyon 07-31-2013 11:22 AM

And when he says the team, he really means CP

Dayze 07-31-2013 11:36 AM

our secret weapon.

blaise 07-31-2013 11:40 AM

It's a great time of year when every GM and coach is excited about every player and some rookie is the best athlete they've ever seen, and you can ignore everything they say.

Rausch 07-31-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9847585)
“Ultimately, every team has to have a quarterback,” Pederson said. “I think we have the best in the league.”

:facepalm:

Reaper16 07-31-2013 11:43 AM

Alex Smith, the whole team really, didn't need this pressure point. Sports radio isn't going to forget this comment, and expectations for Alex's individual performance will be raised accordingly. This was a pretty stupid thing to say. No benefit.

Dayze 07-31-2013 11:45 AM

he'd better think he's the best in the league, because there won't be much patience (if at all) with him from the fan base. True Fans, the exception of course.

Mav 07-31-2013 11:45 AM

Pederson said, “but over time, Alex has proven he can get it done. He’s a sharp guy, he brings a wealth of knowledge, he’s experienced, he’s a proven winner the last couple of years, and he needs a team to embrace him.”

This is the only part that really made sense to me. Well, the very last line.

Alex Smith does need a team, and a front office to embrace him. They never really did that in San Francisco. It has been pointed out many times that Jim Harbaugh tried several times to replace him. Peyton Manning, letting him dangle like a fish on a hook during free agency, all the while, saying and doing the right things, letting Alex accept his coach of the year award, Alex Smith was his caddy at a Golf tournament, visiting Alex Smiths wife when she gave birth, but truthfully, he never was Jim's guy.

I am not saying that him being embraced by the organization is going to make Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers. But maybe he could be Matt Schaub.

But that is twice now. First, Andy Reid saying he was going to get Alex Smith into the hall of fame, and now Doug Pedersen, saying hes the best in the league. Best at what? I have no idea.......Picking his nose? Putting on his helmet? Dominoes? Spades? Tying his shoes?

But hes the best at something.

ptlyon 07-31-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9847704)
It's a great time of year when every GM and coach is excited about every player and some rookie is the best athlete they've ever seen, and you can ignore everything they say.

I was wondering if other teams did shit like this or this is the only one.

"I have two words for you..."

ptlyon 07-31-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847715)
Pederson said, “but over time, Alex has proven he can get it done. He’s a sharp guy, he brings a wealth of knowledge, he’s experienced, he’s a proven winner the last couple of years, and he needs a team to embrace him.”

This is the only part that really made sense to me. Well, the very last line.

Alex Smith does need a team, and a front office to embrace him. They never really did that in San Francisco. It has been pointed out many times that Jim Harbaugh tried several times to replace him. Peyton Manning, letting him dangle like a fish on a hook during free agency, all the while, saying and doing the right things, letting Alex accept his coach of the year award, Alex Smith was his caddy at a Golf tournament, visiting Alex Smiths wife when she gave birth, but truthfully, he never was Jim's guy.

I am not saying that him being embraced by the organization is going to make Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers. But maybe he could be Matt Schaub.

But that is twice now. First, Andy Reid saying he was going to get Alex Smith into the hall of fame, and now Doug Pedersen, saying hes the best in the league. Best at what? I have no idea.......Picking his nose? Putting on his helmet? Dominoes? Spades? Tying his shoes?

But hes the best at something.

Oh just STFU already

alpha_omega 07-31-2013 11:47 AM

Hope springs eternal in July.

Mav 07-31-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9847710)
Alex Smith, the whole team really, didn't need this pressure point. Sports radio isn't going to forget this comment, and expectations for Alex's individual performance will be raised accordingly. This was a pretty stupid thing to say. No benefit.

That isn't going to affect Alex Smith in the least. For all the bad shit that he does on the field, he is the ultimate professional. He isn't going to let what Clay says bother him, he wont let what his coaches bother him. At the end of the day, Alex Smith knows that its a business. That wont faze him in the least.

Jim Harbaugh called Alex Smith elite, and Greg Roman called Alex Smith a master of the playbook. Never affected him. This wont bother him at all.

Mav 07-31-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9847717)
Oh just STFU already

Why? Discussing the thread topic in depth isn't a good reason to post? Did I gargle too much on Alex Smiths balls in that post for you?

Don't like it, don't read it.......Its the truth.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-31-2013 11:52 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 11:52 AM

If he was elite, we'd win the West.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-31-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847733)

That may come back to haunt you.

Rausch 07-31-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847733)

If he was elite he wouldn't have been benched...

Pablo 07-31-2013 11:55 AM

Where's the truefan.gif when you need it?

Mav 07-31-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9847739)

Think about what you said. Now, go back, and slap yourself. There aren't a whole lot of qbs right now, in the NFL that you would say you would take today over Kaepernick. And I hate the guys guts. Hes that good though.

Today, over Kaepernick, I would take Andrew Luck, and Aaron Rodgers. That's it. Not Brees, hes old, not Brady, not Manning. Kaepernick is that special as a qb, and his future is that bright.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9847739)

C'mon. All of the great ones get sat for one game for a concussion and then accordingly lose their job to a 2nd year gimmick QB.

And, all of the great ones can be had for a 2nd rounder and a conditional 2nd/3rd.

Chiefs coaches are just as ****ing stupid as the fanbase it appears.

ptlyon 07-31-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847727)
...don't read it.......

Believe me, I didn't

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847756)
Think about what you said. Now, go back, and slap yourself. There aren't a whole lot of qbs right now, in the NFL that you would say you would take today over Kaepernick. And I hate the guys guts. Hes that good though.

Today, over Kaepernick, I would take Andrew Luck, and Aaron Rodgers. That's it. Not Brees, hes old, not Brady, not Manning. Kaepernick is that special as a qb, and his future is that bright.

LMAO. I agree the dude has a bright future and all of that; but let's see if he can do it two seasons in a row before throwing him ahead of Brees and Brady.

Jesus.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847757)
C'mon. All of the great ones get sat for one game for a concussion and then accordingly lose their job to a 2nd year gimmick QB.

And, all of the great ones can be had for a 2nd rounder and a conditional 2nd/3rd.

ROFL That gimmick, is becoming the trend of the league......Its not a gimmick. Its called evolution.

gblowfish 07-31-2013 12:02 PM

Yeah, I read this in Covitz's story this AM's KC Star and almost fell off the can. I hope this Pederson guy isn't the second coming of Brian Daboll. How could you make a stupid comment like that to the press...and even worse, what if he really BELIEVES that?
Yikes said Zippy....

Jakemall 07-31-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847757)

Montana says Hi.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847764)
LMAO. I agree the dude has a bright future and all of that; but let's see if he can do it two seasons in a row before throwing him ahead of Brees and Brady.

Jesus.

Dude, im a 49ers fan, I HATE COLIN Kaepernick. There are just some things that he does on a football field, that others cant do. The only qb I would take today, if I had to win ONE game over him, would be Aaron Rodgers. Along with being the most physically gifted qb in football, he competes harder than anyone ive ever seen in my life. He never quits. I agree, he has to prove hes not a fluke, but his work ethic, and physical skills are ridiculous.

You are forcing me to defend a guy I cant stand.........I hate you for this. ROFL

Mav 07-31-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9847768)
Yeah, I read this in Covitz's story this AM's KC Star and almost fell off the can. I hope this Pederson guy isn't the second coming of Brian Daboll. How could you make a stupid comment like that to the press...and even worse, what if he really BELIEVES that?
Yikes said Zippy....

he isn't calling plays. Andy is. You are safe.

FlaChief58 07-31-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847766)
ROFL That gimmick, is becoming the trend of the league......Its not a gimmick. Its called evolution.

That's what they said about the wildcat a few years ago....

Jakemall 07-31-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847721)
That isn't going to affect Alex Smith in the least. For all the bad shit that he does on the field, he is the ultimate professional. He isn't going to let what Clay says bother him, he wont let what his coaches bother him. At the end of the day, Alex Smith knows that its a business. That wont faze him in the least.

Jim Harbaugh called Alex Smith elite, and Greg Roman called Alex Smith a master of the playbook. Never affected him. This wont bother him at all.

Jim tried to advertise Alex as probowl worthy.

Rausch 07-31-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Think about what you said. Now, go back, and slap yourself. There aren't a whole lot of qbs right now, in the NFL that you would say you would take today over Kaepernick.

Payed-a-Ton
Eli
Rodgers
Brees
Stafford
Brady
Luck
RGIII
Flacco
Ben Ruthlessrapist
Ryan.

Quote:

Not Brees, hes old, not Brady, not Manning.

You would not prefer 3 HOF QB's that are currently playing over a QB who has started less than 16 games in the NFL?

I think I'm done here.

Good day sir...

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847766)

Trends come and go. A QB being able to stand in the pocket and make multiple reads won't. If it's evolution then why did you state you'd take two pocket passers ahead of the guy?

Dual threats are great. I wouldn't bitch for one second if we had a Kaep or Cam Newton type on our team. I'd love it. I'd still take a pure pocket passer like Rodgers or Luck because while they can make plays with their legs; they earn their money in the pocket. And they don't stand as much of a chance in having their career cut short.

We'll see how long this evolution lasts. Smart money is on Kaep cutting down his running plays greatly every year he stays in the league. Or he'll be oft injured. He has the skill to be a great pocket passer if he doesn't get his legs cut out from under him too many times and have to retire early. And what good is that?

Mav 07-31-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9847790)
Payed-a-Ton
Eli
Rodgers
Brees
Stafford
Brady
Luck
RGIII
Flacco
Ben Ruthlessrapist
Ryan.

You would not prefer 3 HOF QB's that are currently playing over a QB who has started less than 16 games in the NFL?

I think I'm done here.

Good day sir...

you would take peyton, a consistent PLAYOFF FAILURE, over Kaepernick who showed the ability to make mistakes in playoff games, and to get his team back into no matter what? I agree, the sample size is small, and you are going to take matt ryan, who has ONE playoff win which by the way, is LESS than Kaepernick in 10 nfl starts over him? You sure? Stafford? Pfff, and you are done? I think we should just let this conversation go shall we?

Mav 07-31-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847794)
Trends come and go. A QB being able to stand in the pocket and make multiple reads won't. If it's evolution then why did you state you'd take two pocket passers ahead of the guy?

Dual threats are great. I wouldn't bitch for one second if we had a Kaep or Cam Newton type on our team. I'd love it. I'd still take a pure pocket passer like Rodgers or Luck because while they can make plays with their legs; they earn their money in the pocket. And they don't stand as much of a chance in having their career cut short.

We'll see how long this evolution lasts. Smart money is on Kaep cutting down his running plays greatly every year he stays in the league. Or he'll be oft injured. And what good is that?

Whoooooaaaaaaaa.

Aaron Rodgers, and Andrew Luck, aren't pocket passers. Matter of fact, some of their best work, is done outside the pocket. People see Kaep like hes Mike Vick, or like RG3. hes not at all. Go back and look at the Falcons, and Ravens game. They made him a pocket passer, and he killed them for it.

The evolution is that the pure pocket passers, are dying. The more mobile qbs, are becoming the thing in the NFL. Yes, Tom brady is a pocket passer, but the system he is running now, is all about the shot gun, and quick throws. There are far more mobile to semi mobile qbs out there right now. And not all of them, like Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, (who extends plays as well as anyone not named ben rapist) and hardly runs. That's my point. Even Andrew Luck, he uses his mobility to extend plays......That's the kind of qb I WANT.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:13 PM

Back to the subject at hand.

Alex Smith ****ing sucks and is nowhere near the best at anything. Ever. He's solidly average and the definition of vanilla. Woo-****ing-hoo.

Our OC should abstain from making these sort of moronic statements unless there's a remote possibility the player is actually the best at what they do.
See: Jamaal Charles.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9847783)
Jim tried to advertise Alex as probowl worthy.

Face palm. I know, I remember it. He called him elite as well.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847804)
Back to the subject at hand.

Alex Smith ****ing sucks and is nowhere near the best at anything. Ever. He's solidly average and the definition of vanilla. Woo-****ing-hoo.

Our OC should abstain from making these sort of moronic statements unless there's a remote possibility the player is actually the best at what they do.
See: Jamaal Charles.

Jamaal is better than Adrian Peterson?

Rausch 07-31-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847796)
you would take peyton, a consistent PLAYOFF FAILURE, over Kaepernick who showed the ability to make mistakes in playoff games, and to get his team back into no matter what? I agree, the sample size is small, and you are going to take matt ryan, who has ONE playoff win which by the way, is LESS than Kaepernick in 10 nfl starts over him? You sure? Stafford? Pfff, and you are done? I think we should just let this conversation go shall we?

First of all KC will never have a QB under 28 years old. It's like they avoid it at all costs.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847803)
Whoooooaaaaaaaa.

Aaron Rodgers, and Andrew Luck, aren't pocket passers. Matter of fact, some of their best work, is done outside the pocket. People see Kaep like hes Mike Vick, or like RG3. hes not at all. Go back and look at the Falcons, and Ravens game. They made him a pocket passer, and he killed them for it.

The evolution is that the pure pocket passers, are dying. The more mobile qbs, are becoming the thing in the NFL. Yes, Tom brady is a pocket passer, but the system he is running now, is all about the shot gun, and quick throws. There are far more mobile to semi mobile qbs out there right now. And not all of them, like Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, (who extends plays as well as anyone not named ben rapist) and hardly runs. That's my point. Even Andrew Luck, he uses his mobility to extend plays......That's the kind of qb I WANT.

LMAO

I'm done here.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9847811)
First of all KC will never have a QB under 28 years old. It's like they avoid it at all costs.

fair point......

Rausch 07-31-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847809)

No, but at least there are legitimate points that could be made in that argument...

Mav 07-31-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847812)
LMAO

I'm done here.

True or false. Aaron Rodgers is the best passer in the NFL on the run?

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

No. But there is a remote possibility that he could be considered the best at his position. It's a far, far, far more narrow gap between AP and JC; than Rodgers and Alex Smith.

Read the post again if you like.

FlaChief58 07-31-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Maybe not, but they're pretty equal

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9847790)
Payed-a-Ton
Eli
Rodgers
Brees
Stafford
Brady
Luck
RGIII
Flacco
Ben Ruthlessrapist
Ryan.

I think I'm done here.

Good day sir...

Good lord, Dude. Stafford? The guy that's 1-23 against teams with a .500 record or greater? Ryan, the perennial playoff loser? Old Ben? Peyton?

Kaepernick is a freak of nature. The dude was working out with speed coaches the week after his Super Bowl loss. He can run for a 50 yard TD, untouched, or throw for a 50 yard TD. He took his team to the Super Bowl with less than a dozen starts and almost won it.

Barring catastrophic injury, the guy will be an Elite QB for the next decade.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 12:18 PM

Jamaal is the All Time leader in YPC.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9847816)
No, but at least there are legitimate points that could be made in that argument...

You cant make an argument for a guy that owns the all time playoff single game rushing record in nfl history, or the guy who owns the biggest NFCCG comeback of all time as a qb that someone would like to have right now today?

I saw the name of RG3, on your list, I saw Andrew Luck, but not Kaepernick? Im very interested to know why you would take RG3 over him. RG3, there is a lot of talk on this board about Alex Smith being fragile, he missed games from a concussion, and was ultimately lost in the playoffs to a acl tear, his second one, hes also shorter, and smaller than Kaepernick.

Fish 07-31-2013 12:19 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img259/992/9gq.gif

Mav 07-31-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847818)
No. But there is a remote possibility that he could be considered the best at his position. It's a far, far, far more narrow gap between AP and JC; than Rodgers and Alex Smith.

Read the post again if you like.

I don't know how alex smith got brought into this conversation. Im talking about Kaepernick. Alex Smith shouldn't be anywhere near that conversation. Keep him in the Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford end of the cess pool.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847817)
True or false. Aaron Rodgers is the best passer in the NFL on the run?

I'm not talking about running behind the line of scrimmage and passing. That's just a QB that's mobile and can extend plays. Rapist does that as well. The vast majority of their passes are from the pocket.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9847819)
Maybe not, but they're pretty equal

Meh. I think Jamaal has more overall ability because of his ability to catch the ball. Adrian Peterson is probably the better runner, but as far as all around ability, I love Charles.

GordonGekko 07-31-2013 12:21 PM

All I have to say is talk is cheap.

Alex Smith will have his chance to produce on the field, count on it.

I hope he doesn't read or believe this 'trying to sell tickets' fluff.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847833)
I'm not talking about running behind the line of scrimmage and passing. That's just a QB that's mobile and can extend plays. Rapist does that as well. The vast majority of their passes are from the pocket.

Well, then we need to clear up what we think is a pocket passer. You say pocket passer, I think Peyton, Tom Brady, matt schaub.

I think of Kaep, as more in line with Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Ben. I don't consider them pocket passers.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847831)
I don't know how alex smith got brought into this conversation. Im talking about Kaepernick. Alex Smith shouldn't be anywhere near that conversation. Keep him in the Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford end of the cess pool.

Because the ****ing article in the OP is about Alex Smith. I was referencing that article.

Jesus.

I stated Alex Smith lost his job after sitting one game to a gimmick QB(talented, albeit) and that wouldn't happen to the best QB in the league. As our reeruned OC stated. Then came the Kaep talk.

Feel free to go back and read our exchanges again if you like. They're all laid out and stuff.

GordonGekko 07-31-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9847830)

Love that dude, stoic as ****.

At least someone knew he was on tv.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847855)

Would have been a better .gif if he maniacally gunned down the group of Camaro drivin', Alex Smith masturbating, Right Tackle loving true fans in front of him.

GordonGekko 07-31-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847844)
Well, then we need to clear up what we think is a pocket passer. You say pocket passer, I think Peyton, Tom Brady, matt schaub.

I think of Kaep, as more in line with Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Ben. I don't consider them pocket passers.

Kaep and Russell Wilson are in the same ballpark along with Newton, Vick.

Rodgers is on his own planet with what he can do, most accurate passer in the league and has wheels, cannon arm. Unfair.

Big Ben and Schaub feel very similar to me.

Brady and Peyton are throwbacks to the past.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847850)
Because the ****ing article in the OP is about Alex Smith. I was referencing that article.

Jesus.

I stated Alex Smith lost his job after sitting one game to a gimmick QB(talented, albeit) and that wouldn't happen to the best QB in the league. As our reeruned OC stated. Then came the Kaep talk.

Feel free to go back and read our exchanges again if you like. They're all laid out and stuff.

Yes, but the point is, that Alex Smith losing his job to a guy he was going to lose his job to anyway, is nothing to be ashamed of when the guy is essentially one of the top 5 YOUNG qbs in football, and the coaches hand picked QB. Its not like at the time that Alex Smith got hurt, he was playing badly, in fact at the moment of getting hurt, he was playing the best football of ANYONE in the league. The stats back that up. His last 5 quarters of football the guy was 25-27, 4 tds, and no picks. Let that sink in for a second. Kaep, one, is that much better of a qb than Alex Smith, and two, he was Jims guy from the get go, even before he ever had talked to Alex Smith, his mind was made up on Kaep.......

This is a non issue.

FlaChief58 07-31-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847835)
Meh. I think Jamaal has more overall ability because of his ability to catch the ball. Adrian Peterson is probably the better runner, but as far as all around ability, I love Charles.

Give Charles the same amount of carries as AP and I believe Charles would come out on top.

ptlyon 07-31-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847855)

He knows shit when he is fed it

Mav 07-31-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847865)

Rodgers is on his own planet with what he can do, most accurate passer in the league and has wheels, cannon arm. Unfair.

Agreed. The way he uses his mobility to buy time, and then can literally make any throw on the field, is absolutely ridiculous. Love watching him play.

GordonGekko 07-31-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847860)
Would have been a better .gif if he maniacally gunned down the group of Camaro drivin', Alex Smith masturbating, Right Tackle loving true fans in front of him.

I mean, Eric Fisher was going to be the pick. We couldn't really trade out of it, and this draft sucked ass anyway in terms of premium players (especially QB). This is exactly what that guy is thinking.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Rapist can extend plays with his feet and is impossible to bring down. I see him closer to Rodgers than Schaub in terms of how he plays. Although Rodgers is clearly a better QB; I'd be very, very content with the Rapist on the Chiefs.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847876)
I mean, Eric Fisher was going to be the pick. We couldn't really trade out of it, and this draft sucked ass anyway in terms of premium players (especially QB). This is exactly what that guy is thinking.

at least it wasn't joeckell.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847878)
Rapist can extend plays with his feet and is impossible to bring down. I see him closer to Rodgers than Schaub in terms of how he plays. Although Rodgers is clearly a better QB; I'd be very, very content with the Rapist on the Chiefs.

just hide your women. ROFL

GordonGekko 07-31-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847873)
Agreed. The way he uses his mobility to buy time, and then can literally make any throw on the field, is absolutely ridiculous. Love watching him play.

Same here.

Easily the best QB imo, he will probably get 2 more Superbowls before it is over for him.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847884)
Same here.

Easily the best QB imo, he will probably get 2 more Superbowls before it is over for him.

Depends. They have to run the ball more, and they have to sure up that defense. There is literally only so much he can do to over come all the defenses mistakes.....

GordonGekko 07-31-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847892)
Depends. They have to run the ball more, and they have to sure up that defense. There is literally only so much he can do to over come all the defenses mistakes.....

What is he 29, going on 30? Easily entering his 'prime' in terms of the mental aspect of the game. He has 5 years at least to get 2 more. Should be doable.

I love watching him play, not his commercials though.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847910)
What is he 29, going on 30? Easily entering his 'prime' in terms of the mental aspect of the game. He has 5 years at least to get 2 more. Should be doable.

I love watching him play, not his commercials though.

No. Stop with the commericals. Just keep chucking the ball. Yeah, hes a few months older than Alex. Them winning to me, has absolutely nothing to do with the offense other than running the ball. They drafted two really good rbs in Lacy, and Franklin, they have to take some pressure off Aaron, and off the Defense. Running the ball, will help that defense out. It is a very young YOUNG YOUNNNNNNGGGG, defense right now......Remember, Woodson is gone, Desmond Bishop is gone......

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

No. Vick isn't nearly as accurate with the ball as Kaepernick or Newton. Russell Wilson averaged about 200 yards per game passing, which doesn't put him in the same category as those QB's or RGIII. He may get there but he may not.

Quote:

What? When has Matt Schaub EVER put his team on his back and willed them down the field 80 yards or more for a winning touchdown in a game that mattered?

Do you watch NFL football? Have you ever watched the Steelers?

Quote:

Past what? Which QB's in the "past" were 6'5, 235 pounds, won or appeared in multiple Super Bowls, and threw for 4,000 yards or more repeatedly?

Rausch 07-31-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847829)
You cant make an argument for a guy that owns the all time playoff single game rushing record in nfl history, or the guy who owns the biggest NFCCG comeback of all time as a qb that someone would like to have right now today?

I'm saying as a player Jamal Charles is super talented and accomplished. Easily a top 5 HB in the NFL.

Comparing Smith to any top 5 QB is just silly.

We're comparing individual players here - not teams. I don't want to hear about playoff wins. Hell, Sanchez has more playoff wins than Smith but he's one of the worst starting (?) QB's in the league...

Mr. Laz 07-31-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs paid a hefty price in acquiring Smith from San Francisco for a second-round pick in this year’s NFL Draft and a conditional second- or third-round pick in 2014.
sad post makes me sad

:(