ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix Dahmer-The Monster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345373)

Titty Meat 09-27-2022 09:50 PM

Netflix Dahmer-The Monster

So ****ing cringe, evil, and sad. Very well put together telling the story. I remmeber learning about him in sociology class but the victims story was never told nor was the colossal **** up by the city & its police department

Nickhead 09-28-2022 03:39 AM

ive seen 40 people walking the bush since i watched this...

part of me said yeah... but then i was like nah. ROFL

scho63 09-28-2022 08:04 AM

Not interested in watching this.

BWillie 09-28-2022 08:16 AM

Dahmer. The story of billay

TwistedChief 09-28-2022 10:47 AM

Yeah, it's good.

The Franchise 09-28-2022 11:03 AM

The guy who plays Dahmer is an amazing actor.

And that first episode was just....holy ****. I watch a ton of True Crime stuff but that apartment scene had me uncomfortable as hell.

ToxSocks 09-28-2022 01:11 PM

I've listened to enough graphic podcasts about this guy to be hesitant to watch it.

He's far from the worst, but ****ing hell he was vial. It's got too many good reviews to not see it....but i can imagine it's a difficult series to watch.

The whole cop/boy story was one that made me "WTF". That was always one of the more memorable stories in all of the serial killer shit i've listened to, and ive probably listened to 100-150 serial killer pods at least.

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09-28-2022 03:21 PM

This Dahmer lived close to you?

dlphg9 09-28-2022 04:29 PM

This series is really ****ing good. Reveals the incompetence of the police force that stemmed from racism and homophobia.

Also his dad looks like a complete and total piece of shit. The mom had serious mental problems, but that doesn't mean she's free from blame either.

That 3+ months of Jeff being alone with no contact from his parents seems to be the thing that really set him off. He didn't think anyone would ever stay with him.

scho63 09-28-2022 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 16494568)
This Dahmer lived close to you?

No one alive did apparently :spock:

PunkinDrublic 09-28-2022 05:17 PM

He was known to give five guys bad reviews for false advertising.

PurpleJesus28 09-28-2022 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16494652)
This series is really ****ing good. Reveals the incompetence of the police force that stemmed from racism and homophobia.

Also his dad looks like a complete and total piece of shit. The mom had serious mental problems, but that doesn't mean she's free from blame either.

That 3+ months of Jeff being alone with no contact from his parents seems to be the thing that really set him off. He didn't think anyone would ever stay with him.

Yeah...plus his dad bringing home road kill for them to examine...like wtf.

Btw,his mom is played by Molly Ringwald,i would've had no idea if i didnt watch the credits.

Edit actually she plays his dads girlfriend.

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09-28-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16494652)

Oh no not again. RaCIsM!!!!!!!!

crispystl 09-29-2022 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16494327)
I've listened to enough graphic podcasts about this guy to be hesitant to watch it.

He's far from the worst, but ****ing hell he was vial. It's got too many good reviews to not see it....but i can imagine it's a difficult series to watch.

The whole cop/boy story was one that made me "WTF". That was always one of the more memorable stories in all of the serial killer shit i've listened to, and ive probably listened to 100-150 serial killer pods at least.

Can you remember the name of any good ones on Dahmer?

ToxSocks 09-29-2022 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl (Post 16495490)
Can you remember the name of any good ones on Dahmer?

I follow the "Lights Out" Podcast as well as the "Serial Killer" podcast by Paracast.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7611639-...aukee-cannibal

Imon Yourside 09-29-2022 12:10 PM

NOT the kinda guy you want to be meeting behind the George Brett Statue at 3am.

dlphg9 09-29-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 16495058)
Oh no not again. RaCIsM!!!!!!!!

Do you deny that race didn't play a huge role in why this dipshit got away with it so long?

dlphg9 09-29-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 (Post 16494720)
Yeah...plus his dad bringing home road kill for them to examine...like wtf.

Btw,his mom is played by Molly Ringwald,i would've had no idea if i didnt watch the credits.

Edit actually she plays his dads girlfriend.

I mean the roadkill thing was really ****ing gross lol, but I don't think it contributed to how he turned out. It actually gave him and his dad something to bond over.

I love when he told that kid in his class how big of a bitch his partner was and then said he got an extra pig and wanted him to come over and dissect it lmao.

The whale noises in jail killed me too lol

Otter 09-29-2022 03:55 PM

Gonna dive into this series this weekend since it's supposed to rain and I need some sloth time. I needed a break from dark entertainment after "Speak no Evil".

Otter 09-29-2022 05:05 PM

We should get a poll going to how many times Billay spanked it during the Dahmer series.

10 episodes each ~1 hour long each with a deviation of +/- 2 for the first and finale I'm going o/u of 21.

Otter 09-30-2022 06:19 PM

Jeffery Dahmer was not a good dancer.

notorious 10-02-2022 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16496024)
I mean the roadkill thing was really ****ing gross lol, but I don't think it contributed to how he turned out. It actually gave him and his dad something to bond over.

I love when he told that kid in his class how big of a bitch his partner was and then said he got an extra pig and wanted him to come over and dissect it lmao.

The whale noises in jail killed me too lol

Torturing and mutilation of animals is one of THE hallmarks of a serial killer in the making.

My wife is watching this show, and she likes it. I’ll check it out.

I really wish Netflix would bring Mindhunter back.

Camaro 10-02-2022 07:26 AM

Was way too gay, I turned it off.

TLO 10-02-2022 08:50 AM

I didn't much care for this series. It started off strong, but it felt like they were stuffing l strong l stretching for time the last few episodes.

BleedingRed 10-02-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16496012)
Do you deny that race didn't play a huge role in why this dipshit got away with it so long?

nah it was because he was gay

Otter 10-02-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro (Post 16500204)
Was way too gay, I turned it off.

Yeah, it got to be a bit much. The Tony episode was brutal. I'd stick with the documentaries out there if you're interested in the actual story. Netflix takes a lot of artistic liberties that do not match the true story which kind of conflicts with me in using such a ****ed up, tragedy for entertainment.

I'll give a 5/10.

Prepare to want to take a shower after each episode.

Billay, how many organs you have in the freezer?

Otter 10-02-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16500185)
Torturing and mutilation of animals is one of THE hallmarks of a serial killer in the making.

Mindhunter is 10,000x better than this series.

BWillie 10-02-2022 04:09 PM

This show is a little too ghey for me. Im happy to have watched 4 eps but I kinda know how it ends so think Im gonna call it a day.

Otter 10-02-2022 07:05 PM

Quote:

Animal torture and bed wetting. No idea how bed wetting works its way in there but apparently it's a trait.

dlphg9 10-02-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

He didn't torture and mutilate any animals though. His dad, weirdly, used it as a teaching exercise.

dlphg9 10-02-2022 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 16500320)
nah it was because he was gay

I'm saying since he was killing gay black dudes that no one that could do anything cared all that much.

Simply Red 10-02-2022 11:59 PM

ever see the b flick from the 90s?- it's on YT IIRC - it's very bad acting but ****ing creepy AF. I bet mennonite has seen it - he's got a keen eye for movies like that.

Simply Red 10-03-2022 12:01 AM

Here ya go

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bofwya97-CA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth 10-03-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16494045)
The guy who plays Dahmer is an amazing actor.

And that first episode was just....holy ****. I watch a ton of True Crime stuff but that apartment scene had me uncomfortable as hell.

oh yeah man, Evan Peters is pretty good at the acting thing.

Check out any season of American Horror Story, as he shifts through some good roles.

George Liquor 10-03-2022 08:53 AM

Too much dude on dude making out for me (yeah I know he was a gay sex offender) but it was acted well. The last 3 episodes kinda dragged on.

I don't get the producers trying to make Scraver into some sort of divine retribution when in reality he just wanted revenge on Dahmers cracker ass.

BigRichard 10-03-2022 09:27 AM

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.6271d14e...pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Otter 10-13-2022 10:45 AM

What did Jeffery Dahmer say to Lorenna Bobbit?

Spoiler!

Pepe Silvia 10-13-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16504438)
I'm saying since he was killing gay black dudes that no one that could do anything cared all that much.

Same thing with Andrew Cunanan, he killed 5 gay guys and the cops didn’t care, it wasn’t until he killed Versace that they suddenly gave a ****.

htismaqe 10-13-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 16502197)
Animal torture and bed wetting. No idea how bed wetting works its way in there but apparently it's a trait.

There's also arson.

Animal torture, arson, and bed wetting are considered the homicidal triad.

unothadeal 10-19-2022 06:22 PM

The more I learn about this Dahmer character the less I care for him.

Buehler445 10-19-2022 06:29 PM

I couldn't finish it. It was just wholly unenjoyable.

Passepartout 10-29-2022 07:00 PM

Evan Peters is the guy's name the actor as he is way too convincing as do not have Netflix. But still you could not pay me to watch that show at all. As would rather remember the victims and families.

Speaking of that, the families say that Netflix seems to be bringing back horrific memories and "glorifying" infamous serial killers like him really is that, beyond gross.

BigRedChief 10-30-2022 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16542384)
I couldn't finish it. It was just wholly unenjoyable.

I struggled to finish it too. Took me weeks. Had to see what the big deal was,

Has more views than House of Dragons and Rings of Power. Still dont see why.

lewdog 11-03-2022 08:44 PM

I think it is amazingly done but it absolutely makes your uncomfortable to watch.

I can only assume his speech and mannerisms are similar to the real Dahmer, which just gives off the most eerie feeling the entire series when you relate these actions to real events. And from the reading I did after episodes, they very much stuck to what actually happened which is downright crazy to think about.

My only gripe is that they almost make your feel sorry for Dahmer, but I'm not sure that should be the message from a guy who admitted that he wasn't insane but liked doing most of what he did.

BigRedChief 11-05-2022 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16575388)
I think it is amazingly done but it absolutely makes your uncomfortable to watch.

I can only assume his speech and mannerisms are similar to the real Dahmer, which just gives off the most eerie feeling the entire series when you relate these actions to real events. And from the reading I did after episodes, they very much stuck to what actually happened which is downright crazy to think about.

My only gripe is that they almost make your feel sorry for Dahmer, but I'm not sure that should be the message from a guy who admitted that he wasn't insane but liked doing most of what he did.

Almost every serial killer is not insane. They just don't have empathy for human beings, They view humans as fodder for their enjoyment and to satisfy their sexual urges.