ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   World of Warcraft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=128059)

GoTrav 11-03-2005 01:12 PM

World of Warcraft

anyone play? I'm on Crushridge...reactivated my account this weekend.

David. 11-15-2005 11:03 AM

Yes, hence my lack of posting lately. Stupid game is like crack.

Anyways, i've got a 60 rogue on Azgalor. Working on a druid now though up to 29.

Pants 11-15-2005 11:12 AM

Got a 46 Pally on Bronzebeard. There was a thread about this in GeeksPlanet.

David. 11-15-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Got a 46 Pally on Bronzebeard. There was a thread about this in GeeksPlanet.

pffft, roll horde

Delano 11-15-2005 11:26 AM

43 shaman on Dalaran. I play maybe 2-3 hours per week.

oaklandhater 12-01-2005 11:27 AM

60 pally on killjaden working on my 24 warlock

kcxiv 12-02-2005 05:55 PM

60th rogue/undead on Blackhand, but trying to sell it . dont play anymore.

alnorth 12-02-2005 05:58 PM

World of newbcraft? Too idiotically easy, I'm waiting for a challenging game to come out where you cant hit max_level in 14 minutes, and might vaguely care if you die. I'm hoping Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will be that game.

KC2004 12-04-2005 12:25 PM

37 Pally on Dragonblight that goes by the name BigDumbie.

KcMizzou 12-04-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC2004
37 Pally on Dragonblight that goes by the name BigDumbie.

Sweet I'm on Dragonblight too... see you in AV when you hit 50.

Baiyne 60 UD priest, Lexann 56 UD mage.

Pants 12-04-2005 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth
World of newbcraft? Too idiotically easy, I'm waiting for a challenging game to come out where you cant hit max_level in 14 minutes, and might vaguely care if you die. I'm hoping Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will be that game.

ROFL

Yeah, the game is hard when it takes time to level. If you want to challange yourself, go try going through MC by yourslef. I'm serioulsy getting tired of these dumbass comments, where people compare timesinks to hard games. News flash, just because something takes a long time to achieve doesn't mean it's hard. It's called tedious. EQ = tedious, WoW = fun.

KC2004 12-31-2005 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Sweet I'm on Dragonblight too... see you in AV when you hit 50.

Baiyne 60 UD priest, Lexann 56 UD mage.

Well i'll be there after i grind out about 600,000 xp!
:deevee:

Level 45

Mr. Laz 12-31-2005 05:22 PM

i still haven't heard about a WoW Chiefsplanet clan.

:hmmm:

KcMizzou 12-31-2005 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i still haven't heard about a WoW Chiefsplanet clan.

:hmmm:

I guess it's because people are spread all over different servers, and don't want to start fresh after investing so much time. I wish Blizz offered open realm transfers.

keg in kc 12-31-2005 07:42 PM

What kind of loosers play games like this?

Pants 01-22-2006 11:49 AM

Finally got to 60. Feels kinda bad to be a 60 and have extremelly shitty gear. :(

kcxiv 01-22-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
What kind of loosers play games like this?

according to blizzard 5.5 million people.

That chick Kate from Kates Playground plays it a ton.

kcxiv 01-22-2006 06:39 PM

Irvine, California - 19 January, 2006 - Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.'s World of Warcraft®, the world's leading subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game, has surpassed the one million customer milestone in Europe, more than quadrupling the previously estimated size of the entire European MMORPG market since its launch in February 2005. In addition, World of Warcraft topped the sales charts* for full-price PC games in Europe last year. Worldwide, the game has a growing audience of more than 5.5 million customers.

"It is extremely rewarding to see so many European players enjoying World of Warcraft," said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment®. "The players have supported our belief in the European MMORPG market, and we thank them for helping us make World of Warcraft one of the most popular games in the world."

Available in English, French, and German in Europe, World of Warcraft is operated by Blizzard's local European office. Established in late 2003 and already comprising more than 400 employees and 22 different nationalities, Blizzard Europe - the second-largest Blizzard office in the world - has expanded rapidly to keep pace with the growth of World of Warcraft in Europe.

World of Warcraft has steadily grown in popularity around the world since its initial launch in North America, Australia, and New Zealand last November. Following successful launches in Korea, Europe, China and Singapore, World of Warcraft launched in the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.

For more information on World of Warcraft, please visit the game's official website at www.wow-europe.com.

World of Warcraft's Customer Definition
World of Warcraft customers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or purchased a prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the installation box bundled with one free month access. Internet Game Room players that have accessed the game over the last seven days are also counted as customers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired pre-paid cards. Customers in licensees' territories are defined along the same rules.

* Based on numbers from Media Control & GFK panels across Europe as well as internal studies and account data.

Pants 01-22-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
according to blizzard 5.5 million people.

That chick Kate from Kates Playground plays it a ton.

He was kidding. He plays it. He's played through it twice the last time I heard.

Megbert 01-22-2006 06:42 PM

I Have a Tauren Druid up to 55 along with some other ones all in thier teens or younger but I just quit. Got sick of having to play 6+ hours to get a group together and run an instance.

kcxiv 01-22-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

He was kidding. He plays it. He's played through it twice the last time I heard.

ahh, well alot of people do play it hehe.

Pants 01-22-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZChiefFan
I Have a Tauren Druid up to 55 along with some other ones all in thier teens or younger but I just quit. Got sick of having to play 6+ hours to get a group together and run an instance.

Yeah, that's a bitch for sure. That's why I never ran higher level instances (like BRD/UBRS/Strat/Scholo/etc) until I reached 60. The result? Horrible gear. Don't even want to think about MC/BWL time sinks.

kcxiv 01-22-2006 06:55 PM

Not that bad, good guilds clear them in 3 hours or so.

Pants 01-22-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Not that bad, good guilds clear them in 3 hours or so.

To even go to MC/BWL/etc you have to get good gear. Getting good gear (blue sets) is a huge time sink because guilds don't have organized UBRS/etc runs. You have to get a group going and that can take more than an hour sometimes. By the time you cleared the instance in 2-3 hours, almost 4 hours have gone by. I think that was AZ's point. I still like the game, though.

kcxiv 01-22-2006 07:16 PM

Well, i guess that is true, sorta. I have a 60 rogue on blackhand i almost never play anymore becasue there is no way i am doing instance runs with a bunch of tards that arnet patient and will jsut end up wiping the raid/group. I Did that once for UBRS and let me tell you, i twas a disaster. People dont understand the concept of let the puller pull the damn mob to us.

Though, i am an EQ'er been playing for years. 2 of my nerd friends hubby and wife, kept bugging me to play a online rpg for a while. Well, in th eend i caved n been hooked. lol So, now i am a nerd like them. Proud too. lol

Pants 01-22-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Well, i guess that is true, sorta. I have a 60 rogue on blackhand i almost never play anymore becasue there is no way i am doing instance runs with a bunch of tards that arnet patient and will jsut end up wiping the raid/group. I Did that once for UBRS and let me tell you, i twas a disaster. People dont understand the concept of let the puller pull the damn mob to us.

Though, i am an EQ'er been playing for years. 2 of my nerd friends hubby and wife, kept bugging me to play a online rpg for a while. Well, in th eend i caved n been hooked. lol So, now i am a nerd like them. Proud too. lol

I've run pug UBRS 3 times so far and never wiped. The problem isn't with tards wiping you, the problem is with finding these tards to form a group to begin with.

Megbert 01-22-2006 07:25 PM

The server I was on, Horde is very under represented so it's especially hard to get a group together. By the time you do and head to the instance someone always seems to drop. Or if it's the one with "the Princess Run" you'd get there only to have the other faction there camping the entrance. I admit I've been having withdrawls here and there. I spent nearly a year of my life playing this game.

Pants 01-22-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZChiefFan
The server I was on, Horde is very under represented so it's especially hard to get a group together. By the time you do and head to the instance someone always seems to drop. Or if it's the one with "the Princess Run" you'd get there only to have the other faction there camping the entrance. I admit I've been having withdrawls here and there. I spent nearly a year of my life playing this game.

Level an alliance warrior or a mage or a priest on any server and you will have 0 troubles finding a group.

ChiefFripp 01-23-2006 04:12 PM

I have a level 60 Paladin on Gorefiend.

DOWN WITH THE HORDE!

Megbert 02-05-2006 07:51 PM

OK I restarted my sub. But been bored playing - anyone wanna start a new character on a new server? I have played mostly Horde but have a couple alliance characters under my belt.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-05-2006 09:31 PM

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

(somebody had to do it) :D

Saulbadguy 03-28-2006 09:07 AM

I just started playing. A level...6, Warlock on Shadowsong.

joesomebody 03-28-2006 10:38 AM

I've been playing EQ off an on since 1999... I have quit for over a year 3 times, however I just keep going back when I hit a lull in fun computer games...

I have a 68 shaman/44 rogue/34 shadow knight/ on the Rathe, I used to play on Karana but the servers merged on me...

I've been playing again for about the last 2 weeks... still fun.

They just released Titanium pack that has all expansion packs (like 60 billion of them) except the newest "prophecy of ro" for 19 bucks, worth the pick up if you've been thinking about trying it again.

jspchief 03-28-2006 10:48 AM

I have Wow unopened sitting on my shelf. My computer doesn't meet specs.

Saulbadguy 03-28-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
I have Wow unopened sitting on my shelf. My computer doesn't meet specs.

Video card?

jspchief 03-28-2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Video card?

Shit, I wish. Processor.

I'm still running a 750mhz AMD Athlon.

Saulbadguy 03-28-2006 12:28 PM

Ouch. Well, if you ever upgrade, I got addicted to the game within minutes. It is pretty easy to get in to, and so far it hasn't been very "tedious" like other MMORPG's i've played.

pikesome 03-28-2006 01:24 PM

Got some Horde chars on Skywall, a 60 shaman, in case anyone is looking for a server.

Pants 03-28-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Video card?

Go reroll alliance on Bronzebeard. I'll be able to help you out a shitton.

KcMizzou 03-28-2006 04:59 PM

Should make Champion today... if the stupid servers ever come back up.

Weather effects are being added today. It's probably snowing in Stranglethorn or something.

KcMizzou 03-28-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Go reroll alliance on Bronzebeard. I'll be able to help you out a shitton.

Bah... filthy alliance.
:harumph:

Pants 03-28-2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Should make Champion today... if the stupid servers ever come back up.

Weather effects are being added today. It's probably snowing in Stranglethorn or something.

Is that Rank 6 in your dirty system? :)

KcMizzou 03-28-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Is that Rank 6 in your dirty system? :)

Rank 10 nlm

Pants 03-28-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Rank 10 nlm

Oh shit. Grats!

KcMizzou 03-28-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Oh shit. Grats!

Thanks. Might be premature, though. I need 20%... it's gonna be real close.

KcMizzou 03-28-2006 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Woot! I made it. Here's a pic of the sweet new threads.

Pants 03-28-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Woot! I made it. Here's a pic of the sweet new threads.

Undead lock, eh? Only the most powerful PvP class (race).

I think I'll roll one eventually. Warlocks = gods.

KcMizzou 03-28-2006 10:59 PM

Quote:

Undead lock, eh?

Close enough. Mage.

I've been thinking about rolling a 'lock alt too. You'd like the undead starting area, I think. It's my favorite.

KC_John 03-29-2006 06:18 PM

I have a 60 Warrior and 60 Priest on Blackhand in the guild Aphelion(Alliance). A Level 60 Undead Warlock on the Boulderfist server (
PVP). Ive been playing since release,so freakin bored. Cant stand to see MC/BWL anymore so im taking a break...hoping to find something else to play so i can unsubscribe for good. The game was a blast for a long time, lots of people have played as long as i have and still really enjoy it. IMHO the lack of having stuff todo while not raiding hurt it for me. I no longer need anything out of the lower instances gearwise so...BWL+ instances were the only thing left for me todo. I could always PVP,but that got old also.In EQ you could always work on AA abilities,WoW desperatly needs something like that.

keg in kc 03-29-2006 06:31 PM

I've been in the same boat KC_John. There just isn't a whole lot to do outside of raiding, and I'm not rerolling again. I don't pvp because I'm not interested in it.

Plus the time committment involved with raiding, I feel like I'm losing too much real life when I'm raiding 15 or 20 hours a week.

So what do I do, I play Oblivion 6 or 8 hours a day since I'm off work right now. ROFL

Pants 03-29-2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Close enough. Mage.

I've been thinking about rolling a 'lock alt too. You'd like the undead starting area, I think. It's my favorite.

Oh shit, lol. For some reason I thought that was the lock PvP hat. I should have known, though, I get 2 shotted by guys wearing that shit.

Trevo_410 10-14-2014 02:22 PM

6.0.2 out today.... new models and shit.. sexiest gnome NA. also im pretty sure a lot of you old vanilla/tbc'ers would appreciate the new login screen.

ToxSocks 10-14-2014 02:42 PM

I've been on, dabbled around with it a bit, updated my addons etc. We'll be raiding Mythic tonight, so we'll see how it goes.

DC.chief 10-14-2014 02:51 PM

Is it really worth getting back into this game? I haven't played since Cata. It's getting hard to fight off the urge for an mmorpg. I'm wasting what little time I have to play games now on Diablo 3 reaper of souls. Which sucks, I know. It is just quick and easy to get in and out of and the new loot system is kind of cool I guess.

ToxSocks 10-14-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 11013734)
Is it really worth getting back into this game? I haven't played since Cata. It's getting hard to fight off the urge for an mmorpg. I'm wasting what little time I have to play games now on Diablo 3 reaper of souls. Which sucks, I know. It is just quick and easy to get in and out of and the new loot system is kind of cool I guess.

Shrug, it entertains me. I know WoW has it's haters, but WoD is shaping up real nice. The PvP should be awesome. They focused a lot more on balance and bringing the game back to its roots in terms of playstyle. No more wonkie PvP resil mechanics etc. Im looking forward to it.

jd1020 10-14-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11013989)
No more wonkie PvP resil mechanics etc. Im looking forward to it.

Say what?

I haven't played WoW in years, but if they are trying to get back to the original/BC days then I might buy into it again. However, they also screwed up the classes in the last expansion, too.

Setsuna 10-14-2014 06:29 PM

There are still addons that ruin the immersion. You can't get rid of them but you don't have to use them I suppose.

jd1020 10-14-2014 06:35 PM

Nevermind... can't do it.

Just watching a pvp stream made me slit my wrists. When a fight with a rogue vs mage lasts 5+ minutes I'm not interested in playing that game.

otherstar 10-15-2014 06:33 AM

I've never been able to get into WoW, but I have kids and friends that love it. I tend to gravitate towards Lord of the Rings Online (have 22 toons, with 2 at level cap, and a 3rd getting close). I've also been getting into World of Tanks a LOT lately...that game is like crack!

lcarus 10-15-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11013718)
I've been on, dabbled around with it a bit, updated my addons etc. We'll be raiding Mythic tonight, so we'll see how it goes.

Hope you're ready to kick some BG ass with me and my brother.

ToxSocks 10-15-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11014460)
Nevermind... can't do it.

Just watching a pvp stream made me slit my wrists. When a fight with a rogue vs mage lasts 5+ minutes I'm not interested in playing that game.

Not sure what you were watching, but that's not normal.

ToxSocks 10-15-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 11017075)
Hope you're ready to kick some BG ass with me and my brother.

Yup. Im looking forward to Ashran more than anything.