ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Official "Heroes" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149388)

oaklandhater 10-09-2006 09:20 AM

The Official "Heroes" the series discussion

New episode tonight

One Giant Leap
Claire attempts to live a normal social life when her romance with the football quarterback takes a tragic turn. Hiro convinces his friend that it's their destiny to travel to America to save the world. Niki's scared but follows instructions from a mysterious, unknown source that sends her to the middle of the desert.

Meanwhile, Nathan uses Peter's accident for his own politcal gain. The FBI and Matt are on Sylar's trail, as is Suresh, whose father's journal contains potential clues.

oaklandhater 10-09-2006 09:21 AM

http://www.tv.com/heroes/show/17552/...lk=headlinessh

By Colin Mahan - TV.com

Superhero drama is first of the freshman shows to earn award; NBC sued by garbage-disposal maker for scene in pilot.

Heroes NBC's new superhero drama Heroes has been given a full-season pickup from the network.

In week one, Heroes won the time period in adults 18-49 and came in second in overall viewers. Week two saw ratings hold steady for the story of ordinary people who discover they possess superpowers.

"Heroes has delivered exceptional ratings since its premiere, and we're even more impressed with the quality of the upcoming episodes," said NBC TV president Kevin Reilly. "The best is yet to come over the course of a full season with this newest drama sensation."

NBC has received a lot of positive feedback from critics this season, but not so much from TV viewers. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip premiered underwhelmingly, Friday Night Lights struck out, and production on Kidnapped will stop once the show's 13-episode commitment is finished.

One gray cloud for Heroes: Appliance maker Emerson Electrics is suing NBC for using its product without authorization in a scene from the show's pilot. The scene depicts teen cheerleader Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet) accidentally sticking her hand into the In-Sink-Erator, only to find the mangled appendage quickly repairing itself.

Emerson wants NBC to stop airing the scene in repeats and in syndication

007 10-09-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater
http://www.tv.com/heroes/show/17552/...lk=headlinessh

By Colin Mahan - TV.com

Superhero drama is first of the freshman shows to earn award; NBC sued by garbage-disposal maker for scene in pilot.

Heroes NBC's new superhero drama Heroes has been given a full-season pickup from the network.

In week one, Heroes won the time period in adults 18-49 and came in second in overall viewers. Week two saw ratings hold steady for the story of ordinary people who discover they possess superpowers.

"Heroes has delivered exceptional ratings since its premiere, and we're even more impressed with the quality of the upcoming episodes," said NBC TV president Kevin Reilly. "The best is yet to come over the course of a full season with this newest drama sensation."

NBC has received a lot of positive feedback from critics this season, but not so much from TV viewers. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip premiered underwhelmingly, Friday Night Lights struck out, and production on Kidnapped will stop once the show's 13-episode commitment is finished.

One gray cloud for Heroes: Appliance maker Emerson Electrics is suing NBC for using its product without authorization in a scene from the show's pilot. The scene depicts teen cheerleader Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet) accidentally sticking her hand into the In-Sink-Erator, only to find the mangled appendage quickly repairing itself.

Emerson wants NBC to stop airing the scene in repeats and in syndication

Oh good lord. :shake:

oaklandhater 10-09-2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
Oh good lord. :shake:

http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.ht...lk=headlinessh

"Heroes" Lawsuit Down the Drain
Thursday October 5 2:07 AM ET

By Natalie Finn

Hopefully you got a good glimpse last week of the teenage girl's hand being mangled by a garbage disposal, because you might not get to see it again.

Disposal maker Emerson filed a federal lawsuit Monday against NBC to prevent the network from re-airing the pilot episode of the new drama Heroes, which featured one of the title characters demonstrating her superhuman healing prowess by sticking her hand down the drain.

Emerson, obviously concerned that the series' 14.1 million viewers last week were busy looking at the disposal brand instead of Claire the cheerleader's bloody hand, claimed in its petition that NBC Universal Television Studios didn't have the right to show the St. Louis-area company's In-Sink-Erator product and is looking to prohibit any further use by the network of the Emerson trademark.

The lawsuit further stated that the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting that the appliance "will cause debilitating and severe injuries, including the loss of fingers, in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

Not that Emerson is saying you should try this at home or anything. And neither is Heroes, for that matter.

007 10-09-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.ht...lk=headlinessh

"Heroes" Lawsuit Down the Drain
Thursday October 5 2:07 AM ET

By Natalie Finn

Hopefully you got a good glimpse last week of the teenage girl's hand being mangled by a garbage disposal, because you might not get to see it again.

Disposal maker Emerson filed a federal lawsuit Monday against NBC to prevent the network from re-airing the pilot episode of the new drama Heroes, which featured one of the title characters demonstrating her superhuman healing prowess by sticking her hand down the drain.

Emerson, obviously concerned that the series' 14.1 million viewers last week were busy looking at the disposal brand instead of Claire the cheerleader's bloody hand, claimed in its petition that NBC Universal Television Studios didn't have the right to show the St. Louis-area company's In-Sink-Erator product and is looking to prohibit any further use by the network of the Emerson trademark.

The lawsuit further stated that the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting that the appliance "will cause debilitating and severe injuries, including the loss of fingers, in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

Not that Emerson is saying you should try this at home or anything. And neither is Heroes, for that matter.

My sink says In-sink-erator too but it has a Kenmore underneath. Not that it matters. They should not win this frivolous lawsuit.

This is TV. You don't see everyone running around screaming Damnit llike Jack Bauer do you?

007 10-16-2006 10:58 PM

Another good showing tonight. Great ending too.

Baby Lee 10-30-2006 08:35 PM

Wax Lion. Heee!!!!

http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/fa/5b/ba_12.JPG

Adept Havelock 10-30-2006 08:47 PM

Ok, I don't watch the show, but what's up with the "Schtupp the Cheerleader, Schtupp the World" ads?

Baby Lee 10-30-2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock
Ok, I don't watch the show, but what's up with the "Schtupp the Cheerleader, Schtupp the World" ads?

The geeky Asian who can bend time and space comes back from the future looking all Ultra Peanut's avatar-ey, to tell another hero that he needs to get that message to him [the Geeky Asian of the present], ASAP.

Oh, and there's a cheerleader who regenerates a la Wolverine, whose foster dad appears to be one of the bad guys.

beavis 10-30-2006 09:10 PM

Anyone know where I could watch tonight's episode online? I missed the first 30 minutes. :banghead:

Valiant 10-30-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis
Anyone know where I could watch tonight's episode online? I missed the first 30 minutes. :banghead:

Well as long as you seen the girl die at the end of episode you did not miss too much... :)

beavis 10-30-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant
Well as long as you seen the girl die at the end of episode you did not miss too much... :)

She better not be dead...

Adept Havelock 10-30-2006 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
The geeky Asian who can bend time and space comes back from the future looking all Ultra Peanut's avatar-ey, to tell another hero that he needs to get that message to him [the Geeky Asian of the present], ASAP.

Oh, and there's a cheerleader who regenerates a la Wolverine, whose foster dad appears to be one of the bad guys.

:eek: .......:hmmm:

It might be worth while to go dig the first few episodes up and check this out. I've heard some of the other plotlines, and a few sound intriguing. Damn, it's been a long time since I followed 4 shows in a TV season. I may end up picking up a fifth here. Thanks.

LV Tim 10-30-2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

You can see the episode tomorrow at www.cbs.com (as well as the other episodes).

007 10-30-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LV Tim
You can see the episode tomorrow at www.cbs.com (as well as the other episodes).

Well, that is interesting. Considering the show airs on NBC. :rolleyes:

Amnorix 10-30-2006 11:26 PM

Good show. My wife and I both like it alot. It's a X-Men rip off of sorts, but who cares. Very solid so far.

Valiant 10-31-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

She better not be dead...

Oh yeah I forgot it comes on Friday nights here in KC also...

Valiant 10-31-2006 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix
Good show. My wife and I both like it alot. It's a X-Men rip off of sorts, but who cares. Very solid so far.

Actually I would say more Unbreakable as it tries to be more realistic unlike the marvel/dc comic movies... They do a fantastic job with the show just to many ****ing commercials...

LV Tim 10-31-2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

Well, that is interesting. Considering the show airs on NBC. :rolleyes:

Oops. My bad. I bet you can guess it is at www.nbc.com.

kcxiv 10-31-2006 01:21 AM

Best show i seen in a while. I am hooked on it, and i am not even a sci fi geek.

And Commercials never happen when you download the torrents <3 downloads.

Baby Lee 10-31-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Wax Lion. Heee!!!!

Anyone else catch it?

Wrasse 10-31-2006 09:01 AM

We tivoed it and missed the last 5 minutes (guessing).

We saw the guy who sees paints the future (Isaac) open the door to the chick who is keeping an eye on Mohinder and then...'would you like to delete this program?'.

Can anyone fill me in? :)

I now have it set to record 5 minutes over (we usually are there to watch it so haven't had this issue).

Thanks!

*edit*

Bah...nevermind...it's up online. :)

Amnorix 10-31-2006 09:33 AM

Yeah, you missed like one minute, really. Not much happens there.

patteeu 10-31-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Anyone else catch it?

I didn't. Please explain.

runnercyclist 10-31-2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrasse
We tivoed it and missed the last 5 minutes (guessing).

We saw the guy who sees paints the future (Isaac) open the door to the chick who is keeping an eye on Mohinder and then...'would you like to delete this program?'.

Can anyone fill me in? :)

I now have it set to record 5 minutes over (we usually are there to watch it so haven't had this issue).

Thanks!

*edit*

Bah...nevermind...it's up online. :)

Must have been a nationwide thing 'cause our Tivo did the same thing.

We were like...what?

Missed the previews for next week too.

Great show. I like Jerico too.

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!

jidar 10-31-2006 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runnercyclist
Must have been a nationwide thing 'cause our Tivo did the same thing.

We were like...what?

Missed the previews for next week too.

Great show. I like Jerico too.

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!

Networks have been tappering shows on purpose to defeat DVRs. Nothing new.

Baby Lee 10-31-2006 09:57 AM

Dishnetwork got it right. But it usually pads, and it was padding for sure since there was no Studio 60 or CSI Miami to record in the 9CST hour.

Baby Lee 10-31-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu
I didn't. Please explain.

Not sure how much you need explained, so I'l try to be comprehensive.

1. Wax Lion was one of those 'created while you watch' souvenirs [like the penny that's pressed into a picture of The Arch, or the Ashtray pressed from an aluminum billet at the Museum of Science and Industry], at a Niagara Falls gift shop where the star of Wonderfalls [one of the many criminally cancelled Fox shows] worked. Only it's head got crushed, . . . Oh, and it talked to our star and gave her ambigious advice.
2. Brian Fuller is a producer on Heroes, and was the co-creator of Wonderfalls.
3. Wax Lion was on the bedside table of Niki when she first woke up.

patteeu 10-31-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Not sure how much you need explained, so I'l try to be comprehensive.

1. Wax Lion was one of those 'created while you watch' souvenirs [like the penny that's pressed into a picture of The Arch, or the Ashtray pressed from an aluminum billet at the Museum of Science and Industry], at a Niagara Falls gift shop where the star of Wonderfalls [one of the many criminally cancelled Fox shows] worked. Only it's head got crushed, . . . Oh, and it talked to our star and gave her ambigious advice.
2. Brian Fuller is a producer on Heroes, and was the co-creator of Wonderfalls.
3. Wax Lion was on the bedside table of Niki when she first woke up.

Ah, thanks. I needed the whole thing. I never saw wonderfalls although I've heard people around here rave about it. As a result, it's not surprising that I didn't even notice the Wax Lion on the bedside table.

HolmeZz 11-02-2006 01:03 AM

I'm hoping the good Nikki died when DL phased into her chest. I think it'll improve her character. I got kinda annoyed at how often she'd morph between good and bad. I thought they should've just given her a doppelganger that could morph out of her.

It also annoyed me at the beginning that Claire would seemingly find a way to die everyday. I know the whole show isn't realistic, but I thought it was overkill(no pun intended) that she'd constantly get herself killed.

I'm curious as to how far in the future Future Hiro was. It's gotta be fairly distant seeing as he has mastered the english language and dropped the accent. Also, according to what Hiro said, Peter apparently gains a scar on his face at some point in the future. Hope they follow through well with the rest of the series.

If you've missed any episodes, you can watch them here: http://tvlinks.voodeedoo.org/Heroes_links.html

The Sci-Fi Channel also re-airs the episodes.

Baby Lee 11-09-2006 11:09 AM

Something I did not know.

Adrian Pasdar - Nathan Patrelli, the smarmy politician older brother, is married to Dixie Dumpling Natalie Maines.

HolmeZz 11-09-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Adrian Pasdar - Nathan Patrelli, the smarmy politician older brother, is married to Dixie Dumpling Natalie Maines.

Yup. Pretty gross.

chappy 11-14-2006 11:51 AM

thanks for the link i tryed to search for it but couldn't find it? do you know where i can check out the preview for the next show?

chappy 11-14-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

wasn't he also in top gun?

Chief Chief 11-14-2006 12:01 PM

Yes, according to www.imdb.com, he played Chipper in "Top Gun".

Taco John 12-07-2006 01:46 AM

Is Nathan Patrelli the Neo to Sylar's Agent Smith?

Best series of all time... Well, at least so far I think that. I can't remember ever enjoying a series on a week to week basis as much as I do this one.

007 12-07-2006 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
Is Nathan Patrelli the Neo to Sylar's Agent Smith?

Best series of all time... Well, at least so far I think that. I can't remember ever enjoying a series on a week to week basis as much as I do this one.

Do you mean Peter Patrelli?

Taco John 12-07-2006 04:15 AM

Quote:

Do you mean Peter Patrelli?

Hmmm... That's right. I'm getting their names mixed. I do mean Peter. Not the dickhead. The power sucker (for lack of a better term).

KcMizzou 12-07-2006 04:40 AM

Quote:

I can't remember ever enjoying a series on a week to week basis as much as I do this one.

I agree. I just hope they don't go the "Lost" route. (with the symbols and all) A little bit of mystery is great, but if you're going to raise questions, answer a few now and then.

007 12-07-2006 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
I agree. I just hope they don't go the "Lost" route. (with the symbols and all) A little bit of mystery is great, but if you're going to raise questions, answer a few now and then.

Don't even compare this show to Lost. I don't want to ruin it.

Fairplay 12-07-2006 07:21 AM

I decided if i could only have one of those powers that those people had it would be the power of suggestion that one chick has.

Dartgod 12-07-2006 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
I decided if i could only have one of those powers that those people had it would be the power of suggestion that one chick has.

No shit. I would have "willed" our defense into making a stop against the Browns last week. :cuss:

MOhillbilly 12-07-2006 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
No shit. I would have "willed" our defense into making a stop against the Browns last week. :cuss:

ROFL

foxman 12-07-2006 08:29 AM

Any thoughts on what the ending meant from this past show?

My take is that Peter has gained strength from the Radioactive guy and it takes Claire to heal him. With that being said, that is far too easy an explanation and I have little doubt it more complicated than that. :hmmm:

patteeu 12-07-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxman
Any thoughts on what the ending meant from this past show?

My take is that Peter has gained strength from the Radioactive guy and it takes Claire to heal him. With that being said, that is far too easy an explanation and I have little doubt it more complicated than that. :hmmm:

That sounds like a pretty good theory to me.

ExtremeChief 12-07-2006 09:37 AM

When was Peter around the radioactive dude?

Amnorix 12-07-2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeChief
When was Peter around the radioactive dude?

He hasn't been, yet, that I know about.

Redrum_69 12-07-2006 09:54 AM

I like Lemon Meringue pie

Amnorix 12-07-2006 09:54 AM

Oh, one further thought -- emits nuclear radiation -- just about the least cool, least useful, least sexy power ever. Talk about not being able to get chicks with it... Only Claire could survive a relationship with him (not that he'd turn that down or anything). :eek:

ExtremeChief 12-07-2006 09:57 AM

Peter was around Sylar for the flying leap. It's no telling what all he could have.

Anyong Bluth 12-07-2006 10:31 AM

I think when Peter came in contact with Sylar it meant that he could not only take on peoples powers when he was around them but now can keep them like Sylar and if you watch he is getting sick b/c he is taking on so many new powers and that he will either come in contact w/ the radioactive guy or all the heroes being close to him at once will cause him to overload, and the key is Nikki in being able to split her powers off into separate part to prevent him from blowing up.

Just my thoughts.

Wrasse 12-07-2006 10:45 AM

I enjoy the show save for one issue that I have with it...maybe I missed something that explains it but I'm having a hard time believing there is some crazy mathematical formula that figures out who is 'special'. It doesn't make much sense to me...I'm sure they'll go into it a little more but, if anyone has any other details, please share. So far I've gathered that Mohinder's dad put together some formula that resulted in a list of names...maybe I just got that part wrong. :)

Anyong Bluth 12-07-2006 11:04 AM

I'm thinking that he probably did something along the lines of finding a group of people he knew had the powers traced back generations to look for patterns and then applied that across the board in some "6 degrees of" way. Its not like the list is complete with every person

Wrasse 12-07-2006 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement
I'm thinking that he probably did something along the lines of finding a group of people he knew had the powers traced back generations to look for patterns and then applied that across the board in some "6 degrees of" way. Its not like the list is complete with every person

Well that would make much more sense.

I hope they go into detail on this point...I must know! :P

foxman 12-07-2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

I think when Peter came in contact with Sylar it meant that he could not only take on peoples powers when he was around them but now can keep them like Sylar and if you watch he is getting sick b/c he is taking on so many new powers and that he will either come in contact w/ the radioactive guy or all the heroes being close to him at once will cause him to overload, and the key is Nikki in being able to split her powers off into separate part to prevent him from blowing up.

Just my thoughts.

I wondered what the point of him being sick was, especially considering that he was getting sick while in the presence of Claire. It would seem that her presence would have kept that from hapening.

patteeu 12-07-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeChief
Peter was around Sylar for the flying leap. It's no telling what all he could have.

It isn't at all clear to me that Peter retains the powers that he absorbs from heroes around him. AFAICT, unlike Sylar, he just borrows those powers for as long as the other hero is nearby. Am I wrong about this?

Anyong Bluth 12-07-2006 01:09 PM

but once he came in contact w/ Sylar he picked up his power to absorb other's powers, so now when he comes into contact w/ people he picks up their power and unlike Sylar doesn't have to lop off their head to get it.

patteeu 12-07-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

but once he came in contact w/ Sylar he picked up his power to absorb other's powers, so now when he comes into contact w/ people he picks up their power and unlike Sylar doesn't have to lop off their head to get it.

Was there anything in the show that demonstrates that or is that a theory?

Tinlar 12-07-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu
Was there anything in the show that demonstrates that or is that a theory?

Clare ran away, Peter's leg was still broken... cops come.. Peter notices his leg is still broken and mends it... Clare is already so far away the cops couldn't even see her.

patteeu 12-07-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinlar
Clare ran away, Peter's leg was still broken... cops come.. Peter notices his leg is still broken and mends it... Clare is already so far away the cops couldn't even see her.

OK, maybe. I'm not sure it was ever clear how close Peter had to be to the other hero to use their powers to begin with, but maybe you're right. It will be interesting to see more when the spring season starts.

Taco John 12-07-2006 10:23 PM

I'm not sure if I buy the idea that Peter can absorb others powers and keep them yet, but I'm open-minded to the idea. Seems to me that Claire may have been in the vicinity enough to make it work. But it could make sense... As I mentioned before, I think that they are setting things up so that Peter is the Neo to Sylar's Agent Smith.

But I have to wonder what happens when Peter gets around Nicki. Does he gain another personality and super strength? And if so, is that personality evil as well? I haven't quite figured out where the whole Nicki (and company) story line is going yet. With the others, you at least see a direction towards New York.

Also, I don't think we've seen the last of the abilities by a long shot. That picture of Hiro and the Dragon was wicked. Makes me think that perhaps shape shifting becomes a power. Any thoughts on that?

"I'm going to have to get that sword"

KcMizzou 12-07-2006 10:36 PM

Looked like a T-rex to me.

Taco John 12-07-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Looked like a T-rex to me.

It kinda looked like it was breathing fire or something... Or perhaps you're right, and Hiro teleports back too far or something...

This show is a mystery. :)

Anyong Bluth 12-07-2006 10:56 PM

Or its a throw off and He's in a museum in NY.... and they have a T-Rex?

KcMizzou 12-07-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

It kinda looked like it was breathing fire or something... Or perhaps you're right, and Hiro teleports back too far or something...

This show is a mystery. :)

Yep. I just hope it doesnt get as twisted as Lost. As it is right now, it rocks. I'm a big fan.

KcMizzou 12-07-2006 11:41 PM

Also (random thoughts here) Future-Hiro seems like a badass.

I wanna see what these guys are like when they fully understand and can control these powers.

Valiant 12-08-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Just my thoughts.

He is sick because claire left and he was not fullly healed then had the new vision of the future (thats my take..)... Thats cool if he can keep powers he obsorbed but that would make him too powerful...

Valiant 12-08-2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Sylar does not absorb powers he steals them.. That is why he chops open their head so he can see how they tick and then does it to himself to improve him... agian my take on it...

Valiant 12-08-2006 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinlar

The power fades away from him, that is why he was getting sick from the rest of the internal bleeding..

Of course they(writers) may not know either because they were not sure if the show would be a hit..

Peter cannot fly..
Peter cannot stop time..
Peter can see the future now though..
And Peter got sick after the fall..

So it is confusing..

Valiant 12-08-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure if I buy the idea that Peter can absorb others powers and keep them yet, but I'm open-minded to the idea. Seems to me that Claire may have been in the vicinity enough to make it work. But it could make sense... As I mentioned before, I think that they are setting things up so that Peter is the Neo to Sylar's Agent Smith.

But I have to wonder what happens when Peter gets around Nicki. Does he gain another personality and super strength? And if so, is that personality evil as well? I haven't quite figured out where the whole Nicki (and company) story line is going yet. With the others, you at least see a direction towards New York.

Also, I don't think we've seen the last of the abilities by a long shot. That picture of Hiro and the Dragon was wicked. Makes me think that perhaps shape shifting becomes a power. Any thoughts on that?

"I'm going to have to get that sword"

I think his ass just teleported to the past 5million years ago...

mylittlepony 12-12-2006 03:34 AM

Oh, just got through watching this one. What Powers can we attribute Sylar?

Tele-kenesis
Perfect Memory
Persuasion (most likely)
Freezing people (one of his victims was completly frozen)

And also it seems that Isaac can only paint the future of the other "Heros", so who was in the suicide bombing. The rest of them had some connection to some "hero" didnt they?

Also only reason Sylar could kill the Persuader and not Claires dad was because the Haitan wasnt there to block out his powers right?

Taco John 12-12-2006 03:54 AM

I think you're right about the Haitan being there to block Sylar's powers. But then again, I find it hard to believe they'd leave him without protection... so who knows?

Things that I'm wondering about:

The little girl who's parents he killed. He apparently got what he needed from the father... Killed the mother, and then went back after the little girl. Why? What does she have? And where did that story line go?

What happens when Peter gets in contact with Nikki? Does he just get super strength? Does Nikki have Superstrength but doesn't know how to tap into it yet? Sort of like Isaac only being able to tap when he's high, Nikki can only tap when she's Jessica?

Horn Rimmed Glasses - What is up with this dude? Does he have anything they aren't revealing yet? How did he get into his position, and who is funding him (I'm guessing government).

Mohinder - His sister had abilities. Is he due to develop them?

This show rocks.

007 12-12-2006 04:08 AM

Can't wait for the January premiere.

oaklandhater 12-12-2006 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Can't wait for the January premiere.

Sucks that they said the 1st episode will be a recap.

007 12-12-2006 04:43 AM

Quote:

Sucks that they said the 1st episode will be a recap.

Oh wonderful. They are doing their first LOSTism.

KcMizzou 12-12-2006 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Oh wonderful. They are doing their first LOSTism.

fan-****in'-tastic. :shake:

KcMizzou 12-12-2006 04:49 AM

To any of you guys who like this show, and have Showtime... check out Dexter. If you have Time Warner on demand... I think you can watch from the beginning.

It's not really anything like Heroes, but I think you'd dig it. It's a lot darker.

oaklandhater 12-12-2006 05:32 AM

Quote:

To any of you guys who like this show, and have Showtime... check out Dexter. If you have Time Warner on demand... I think you can watch from the beginning.

It's not really anything like Heroes, but I think you'd dig it. It's a lot darker.

Big Dexter Fan here the only complaint really is that the show moves at a slow awkward pace.

oaklandhater 12-12-2006 05:38 AM

Any one thnk Heroes will Hold on to the Same success once it goes up against 24?

007 12-12-2006 05:47 AM

Quote:

Any one thnk Heroes Hold on to the Same success once it goes up against 24?

I have been wondering that myself. I know that I will end up taping Heroes to watch 24 the rest of the year.