ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Parker, come back, I'm different... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178206)

Simply Red 01-06-2008 06:27 PM

Parker, come back, I'm different...

Actually joking aside. We do miss you, most all of us. Please bring your knowledge back to the forum. We've had to settle with the knowledge Laz has brought :p (joking again.) We want you back! After numerous attempts (mostly by fax :p , we've landed Fire Me Boy!)

Please express what Parker meant to you as a poster and illustrate your missing him.

Sure-Oz 01-06-2008 06:30 PM

What is parker's CP name

JimNasium 01-06-2008 06:30 PM

Even skinbra misses Porker.

Simply Red 01-06-2008 06:32 PM

htismaqe

Buehler445 01-06-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
What is parker's CP name

htismaqe. I'm a n00b, but I was around last offseason, and the dude knows about football. I want him back.

Fire Me Boy! 01-06-2008 06:35 PM

Yup... I miss him. Good dude.

Deberg_1990 01-06-2008 06:36 PM

I miss the Mythical "GAZ" as well..

blueballs 01-06-2008 06:36 PM

PBJ FIRST DOWN SAMIE PBJ

Fire Me Boy! 01-06-2008 06:37 PM

I miss that guy caveman guy.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2008 06:37 PM

I miss Parker, too.

Simply Red 01-06-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990

no chance of his return :(

Fire Me Boy! 01-06-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
no chance of his return :(

Now where would we be if you'd said that about me?

chop 01-06-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990

Gaz was such a defensive minded fan that I think the Vermeil years took their toll on him and he couldn't stomach it any more.

Deberg_1990 01-06-2008 06:38 PM

dont forget MrBlond:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94638

Sure-Oz 01-06-2008 06:38 PM

I see, sucks all these guys just disappeared or got a life

RJ 01-06-2008 06:46 PM

I was never sure if he really knew football or was just full of s*** but by golly he sounded like he knew what he was talking about. And as far as I'm concerned, that's what really matters. This board sorely misses him, no one else here comes even close to giving the impression of football knowledge the way Parker did. And football, after all, seems to be a subject many members are interested in.

Simply Red 01-06-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop
Gaz was such a defensive minded fan that I think the Vermeil years took their toll on him and he couldn't stomach it any more.

nah, he expressed to me that he was fed up with the occassional classlessness and piling-on. I truly don't believe it was because of the team.

Simply Red 01-06-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
Now where would we be if you'd said that about me?

I know you better ;)

doomy3 01-06-2008 06:50 PM

yep, I definitely wish htismaqe would come back

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2008 07:10 PM

I hope he comes back.

BTW, Where the hell is Beer me?

teedubya 01-06-2008 07:12 PM

Just because FireMeboy came back, SR, doesn't mean you have "come back to CP" mojo.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2008 07:14 PM

I know for a fact Parker has been hanging around this place. He's repped me a couple times in the last week or three. He's just not posting.

HemiEd 01-06-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ
This board sorely misses him, no one else here comes even close to giving the impression of football knowledge the way Parker did. And football, after all, seems to be a subject many members are interested in.

Yep, it would be great to see him back. I argued with him some, but hey that is what this place is for. jspchief would be another one that is missed.

dirk digler 01-06-2008 08:00 PM

Parker is around he sends me rep comments every so often. I know he lurks and for some reason he doesn't want to start posting again.

I PM'ed him about coming back a while back but he has ignored me. :harumph:

cdcox 01-06-2008 08:34 PM

Htis!

MAQE!

Htis!

MAQE!

Htis!

MAQE!

Well, that was gay.

Fire Me Boy! 01-06-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
Htis!

MAQE!

Htis!

MAQE!

Htis!

MAQE!

Well, that was gay.

Gesundheit

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2008 08:58 PM

We sent a few PMs back and forth about some old tech stuff.

If he's happy, more power to him. I can see why asshats like Hootie would cause him to lose desire for this place.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins

If he's happy, more power to him. I can see why asshats like Hootie would cause him to lose desire for this place.

I left a present for you in the other htismaqe meaning thread. :p

HolmeZz 01-06-2008 09:00 PM

I piss marker.

Fire Me Boy! 01-06-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
I piss marker.

Like... Sharpie or what?

KcMizzou 01-06-2008 09:14 PM

I like Htis.

I like this board without him... but it was better when he was posting.

luv 01-06-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
I like Htis.

I like this board without him... but it was better when he was posting.

Back to the blonde, huh? Can definitely tell football season is over.

milkman 01-06-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
nah, he expressed to me that he was fed up with the occassional classlessness and piling-on. I truly don't believe it was because of the team.

Yep.

I'm sorry I'm such a classless SOB.

Oh, wait, no, I'm not, but I do miss Parker's input around here.

milkman 01-06-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
Yep, it would be great to see him back. I argued with him some, but hey that is what this place is for. jspchief would be another one that is missed.

Yeah, jsp came to mind as well for me.

KcMizzou 01-06-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

Hah, yeah. RJ posted once about how he knew me by this avy. I changed it for Mizzou... always planned on going back after the Bowl game.

KcMizzou 01-06-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flopnuts Sr

Count me in for jsp too.

RJ 01-06-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

My favorite avatar ever. Thanks for letting us know, I use "at work".

2112 01-06-2008 09:45 PM

Didn't he lose his burst once he retired from being the local sheriff?

He was a good poster, he brought balance to the force of the Planet. he is missed.

KcMizzou 01-06-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ
My favorite avatar ever. Thanks for letting us know, I use "at work".

I'm honored. :D

Logical 01-06-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins

I don't think any one poster could ever drive Parker away. I am somewhat convinced that all the grief he was given as moderator eventually made him feel that he was no longer appreciated around here and was not enjoying the place nearly as much. My guess is he will someday create a new username and just return so he is no long associated with having been the administrator/moderator.

I think it would be cool if he returned as some sort of redrum character.

KcMizzou 01-06-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Doom
I don't think any one poster could ever drive Parker away. I am somewhat convinced that all the grief he was given as moderator eventually made him feel that he was no longer appreciated around here and was not enjoying the place nearly as much. My guess is he will someday create a new username and just return so he is no long associated with having been the administrator/moderator.

I think it probably had as much to do with the Chiefs as it did this site. Frustration on both fronts.

No biggie... he'll pop back in eventually.

Phobia 01-06-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Count me in for jsp too.

Jeff posted last week.

Eleazar 01-06-2008 10:18 PM

those two were a couple of the best football posters, IMO

JBucc 01-06-2008 10:20 PM

He's just afraid of teh foot-ball knowledge beatdown I would give him if he started posting again. He knows. I know it. We all know it.

(Have I posted this before in one of those other "Where or where is htismaqe?" threads? Seems like I have. Maybe I just thought it.)

blueballs 01-06-2008 10:20 PM

He was
PBJ FIRST DOWN SAMIE PBJ

ChiTown 01-06-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Flopnuts Sr = Milkman?

Milkman Jr = Flopnuts?

Is this correct? Also, is Flopnuts your son? I'm not around enough anymore to recognize the changes. tks

milkman 01-06-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
Flopnuts Sr = Milkman?

Milkman Jr = Flopnuts?

Is this correct? Also, is Flopnuts your son? I'm not around enough anymore to recognize the changes. tks

Confusing, ain't it?

OnTheWarpath15 01-06-2008 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Son, we live in a world that has idiotic message board posts, and those posts have to be guarded by men with facts and stats. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Hootie? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for htismaqe, and you curse the Chiefs. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That htismaqe's leaving, while tragic, probably saved him from a nervous breakdown. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves you from a nervous breakdown. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that bulletin board, you need me on that bulletin board. We use words like your and idiot, moran, pie. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent talking football. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a n00b who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the incredible knowledge that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and create a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

ChiTown 01-06-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
Son, we live in a world that has idiotic message board posts, and those posts have to be guarded by men with facts and stats. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Hootie? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for htismaqe, and you curse the Chiefs. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That htismaqe's leaving, while tragic, probably saved him from a nervous breakdown. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves you from a nervous breakdown. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that bulletin board, you need me on that bulletin board. We use words like your and idiot, moran, pie. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent talking football. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a thesaurus, and create a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

OUTFUGGINSTANDING!!!!!!!!!

ROFL

FAX 01-06-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Son, we live in a world that has idiotic message board posts, and those posts have to be guarded by men with facts and stats. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Hootie? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for htismaqe, and you curse the Chiefs. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That htismaqe's leaving, while tragic, probably saved him from a nervous breakdown. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves you from a nervous breakdown. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that bulletin board, you need me on that bulletin board. We use words like your and idiot, moran, pie. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent talking football. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a thesaurus, and create a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

ROFL

FAX

2112 01-06-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom hit the nail on the head. he was never the same after he got gang raped in that ''This is your last chance MEME!!, or I'm going to ban you!!!'' thread.

Once he resigned he didn't have that same powerful aura and energy about him.

He definitely knew his shit about football though, I'll give him that.

KcMizzou 01-06-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Wow. That's great stuff. :clap:

milkman 01-06-2008 10:52 PM

I nominate Warpath for post of the month!

KcMizzou 01-06-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Amen.

OnTheWarpath15 01-06-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Came with some interesting positive rep as well......

Quote:

your mother's ass gets a reprieve tonight

:spock:

milkman 01-06-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Huh?

KcMizzou 01-06-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Sounds like Redrum rep.

OnTheWarpath15 01-06-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Sounds like Redrum rep.

Nope.

I'll admit, I laughed.

I hadn't gotten any off-the-wall rep in a long time.....

Bowser 01-06-2008 11:16 PM

Yeah, I miss htis and jsp's football takes. The place is less without them (and throw KCWolfman in there as well, even though I know he pops in here every now and again).

jAZ 01-06-2008 11:55 PM

He's gone?

The last 4 reps I got were all from him.

Weird.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
He's gone?

The last 4 reps I got were all from him.

Weird.

I've gotten some rep form him and we've talked a bit via PM's.

He's lurking, but I guess has no interest in diving back into the fray.

jlscorpio 01-07-2008 12:19 AM

I enjoyed Parkers takes on music, as well as football. This place is less cool w/o him.

BigRedChief 01-07-2008 05:53 AM

Quote:

I've gotten some rep form him and we've talked a bit via PM's.

He's lurking, but I guess has no interest in diving back into the fray.

Same here.

Baby Lee 01-07-2008 06:17 AM

He's just embarassed.
Seems he rechecked his math, and while better than bad might not necessarily equal good, it is definitely better than bad.

stumppy 01-07-2008 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
He's just embarassed.
Seems he rechecked his math, and while better than bad might not necessarily equal good, it is definitely better than bad.

You know it's going to be humiliating for him to come back and admit that.
It's probably the only thing keeping him away this long.:D

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
He's just embarassed.

LMAO

HemiEd 01-07-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

I just think he has the time anymore. I know at one time he was very concerned about his roofing business and the market change.

Hootie 01-07-2008 05:26 PM

I liked THE MAQ! He was right, I was wrong...I thought the Chiefs had a legit chance at the playoffs this season, and I wanted Huard because he gave us the best chance to win.

Huard did give us the best chance to win, but we were so bad that it didn't really matter...though, I truly believe that Huard saved Croyle's career because had the Chiefs went with Croyle from day 1 EVERYONE would've been pissed off because we would've been awful and everyone would have been calling for Damon...that's fact.

By the time Brodie got the call most fans were so happy to see the change that they won't even remember Brodie didn't win a game, didn't get close to winning a game, and never really showed anything other than a strong arm.

Hopefully we can build the team around Brodie's strengths (that I have yet to see) this offseason to see if we really have something or if we need to fix it in 2009.

As for THE MAQ, I admit to you I was wrong, you were right, but that's not saying much, because I was pretty much wrong on everything this season (other than Priest Holmes, he turned out to be a fraud, even with those 20+ carries I thought would never happen...)

Fire Me Boy! 01-07-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie
By the time Brodie got the call most fans were so happy to see the change that they won't even remember Brodie didn't win a game, didn't get close to winning a game, and never really showed anything other than a strong arm.
\

I'm not one to routinely bag on people, but DAMN Hootie... your and idiot.

Brodie shows MUCH more accuracy than Huard and showed more presence in the pocket than Huard has EVER. Let's not forget that Huard curls into the fetal position if someone sniffs his jersey.

Is it coincidence that the line played better (remember what we've learned, children -- better than bad isn't necessarily good... it's just better) when Croyle played? IIRC, sacks were down significantly when Croyle lined up under center.

Discuss Thrower 01-07-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Money. Absolute MONEYSHOT of a post.

beach tribe 01-07-2008 05:45 PM

I'd like to apollogize to him for being such a homer at the beginning of the season.
He obviously Knew the truth long before I was ready to see it.
I don't blame him for getting away from the whole thing, but I wish he was still around.

Fire Me Boy! 01-07-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

Got lazy. I'll not acknowledge the thought put into this post until you use some creativity on the aforementioned sentence.

:harumph:

beach tribe 01-07-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie
I liked THE MAQ! He was right, I was wrong...I thought the Chiefs had a legit chance at the playoffs this season, and I wanted Huard because he gave us the best chance to win.

Huard did give us the best chance to win, but we were so bad that it didn't really matter...though, I truly believe that Huard saved Croyle's career because had the Chiefs went with Croyle from day 1 EVERYONE would've been pissed off because we would've been awful and everyone would have been calling for Damon...that's fact.

Hopefully we can build the team around Brodie's strengths (that I have yet to see) this offseason to see if we really have something or if we need to fix it in 2009.

As for THE MAQ, I admit to you I was wrong, you were right, but that's not saying much, because I was pretty much wrong on everything this season (other than Priest Holmes, he turned out to be a fraud, even with those 20+ carries I thought would never happen...)

Hootie your easy enough to hate already. Having to look at your sig makes you the Queer checking guys out at the Club :shake: Nasty.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Got lazy. I'll not acknowledge the thought put into this post until you use some creativity on the aforementioned sentence.

:harumph:

Damn.

Thought I'd leave a little of the original monologue.

Hmmmm......

How 'bout this:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a n00b who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the incredible knowledge that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

Fire Me Boy! 01-07-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Damn.

Thought I'd leave a little of the original monologue.

Hmmmm......

How 'bout this:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a n00b who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the incredible knowledge that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

Acceptable. Rep on its way.

"harumph" rescinded.

SBK 01-07-2008 06:06 PM

I'm confident that when I disappear I will not be missed.

Fire Me Boy! 01-07-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBK
I'm confident that when I disappear I will not be missed.

Who are you?

SBK 01-08-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Who are you?

My point exactly. :)

booger 01-10-2008 12:36 AM

I fear talking about the hawkeyes is the only way it can be done.

As a cyclone fan I absolutly refuse that even for Hootysmaqueorhoweveryasayit(that's an aweful bad comparrison of posters but hootysmaque just is too funny not to post please don't tar and feather me parker!)

OnTheWarpath15 04-19-2009 05:09 PM

Weird.

I just got rep for post 48 over a year after the fact.

Cool.