ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Herm - McIntosh to remain right tackle (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192539)

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 01:44 PM

Herm - McIntosh to remain right tackle

Wow. From today's presser.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/09..._edwards__925/

Quote:

Q: How has Damion McIntosh adjusted to that right tackle position? It looks like he’s had some mistakes that he says are part of the transition to playing that position.”

HERM EDWARDS: “We all have. I think he’s learning; I think he’s getting better at it. A lot has to do with footwork and he’s working at it every day. There are some flaws, some things he doesn’t do right. But there are a lot of things this team isn’t doing right right now. So, he’s not the only guy.”

Q: Have you thought about making a switch there?

EDWARDS: “No, we like Herbie (Taylor). Herbie’s our other (tackle) and he can play both sides. We’re not trying to pressure Damion. He has to play to a certain standard and I think he’s trying to get there. But it’s a new position for the guy, so right now he’s made some mistakes but we’ve all made some mistakes.”

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 01:45 PM

One thing I noticed last week is that the Falcons lined Abraham up at LE and he just savagely brutalized McIntosh all game long.

The Chiefs never even tried to help him from what I saw. Didn't Herm say they were gonna have three guys blocking him?

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-25-2008 01:48 PM

Q: Have you thought about replacing the Head Coach. he seems to be destroying the teams spirit and he's a proven loser.

A: Herm: Yes, I've discussed this with Carl, But he said **** it. go for the draft pick.

Deberg_1990 09-25-2008 01:53 PM

Hes still learning huh? What is he? a 10 year vet?

SBK 09-25-2008 01:54 PM

More proof of Herm's genious.

Redrum_69 09-25-2008 01:57 PM

and the slide to #1 overall pick in 2009 continues.

dear satan,

for Chistmas this year I would like:

1..the chiefs to lose all the rest of the games
2..the chiefs to get the #1 overall draft pick in 2009
3..herm edwards to actually draft a qb rather than trade down for additional picks
4...carl to be fired by email

Chief Faithful 09-25-2008 01:57 PM

I don't understand this at all. If Herb Taylor can do the job he fits all of Herm's stated qualifications: 1. Chiefs drafted and raised 2. Young 3. Ready to do the job. Why keep the older free agent that is not getting the job done?

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 01:57 PM

According to Stats, Inc, Mac has given up 3 sacks in 3 weeks. At this rate he'll allow 16 sacks! Woohoo!

Redrum_69 09-25-2008 01:58 PM

you guys do know why they put in Huard over Thigpen this week?

because, huard said in week one that he hopes to be the QB to toss Tony G his remaining yards to break Sharpes record.

Chief Faithful 09-25-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69 (Post 5052802)
and the slide to #1 overall pick in 2009 continues.

dear satan,

for Chistmas this year I would like:

1..the chiefs to lose all the rest of the games
2..the chiefs to get the #1 overall draft pick in 2009
3..herm edwards to actually draft a qb rather than trade down for additional picks
4...carl to be fired by email

Let them win a game so they don't challenge the Bucs record of futility with the new coach.

KCKID58 09-25-2008 02:00 PM

Great , another week at work where people can call me Owen.

Owen 4 that is.......0-4

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2008 02:00 PM

"Herbie" needs to start.

Period.

I HATE loyalty to players.

If you SUCK, you're OUT.

Regardless of seniority.

JFC, Herm.

Bowser 09-25-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5052820)
"Herbie" needs to start.

Period.

I HATE loyalty to players.

If you SUCK, you're OUT.

Regardless of seniority.

JFC, Herm.

He gets that straight from Schottenheimer.

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5052826)
He gets that straight from Schottenheimer.

Yep.

Which is why I NEVER want to see Cowher in Kansas City.

Haven't Chiefs fans suffered enough?

SBK 09-25-2008 02:03 PM

I think it has to do with MacInpussy's $kill level, not his contract.

Bowser 09-25-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5052828)

Haven't Chiefs fans suffered enough?

Oh, ****. Had to ask, didn't you?

MOhillbilly 09-25-2008 02:09 PM

hey herm at the nfl level when your starting right tackle cant get the his plant foot set in the right direction over and over and over and over and over maybe you need to look somewheres else for a tackle.
starting last season.

MIAdragon 09-25-2008 02:10 PM

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs17/i/20..._El_Cid_84.gif

Saulbadguy 09-25-2008 02:10 PM

Do you guys remember when McIntosh let Vonnie Holliday break his dick off in him?

Bowser 09-25-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 5052853)
Do you guys remember when McIntosh let Vonnie Holliday break his dick off in him?

Heh. Was that the only three sacks Holiday had as a Chief?

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-25-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5052807)
According to Stats, Inc, Mac has given up 3 sacks in 3 weeks. At this rate he'll allow 16 sacks! Woohoo!

No way he stays on that pace. They'll be getting 2 or 3 a game on him shortly!

triple 09-25-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5052807)

Yeah, if all our linemen performed so well we'd break the Texans' record for sacks allowed in a season.

JimNasium 09-25-2008 02:30 PM

Herbie? WTF? I'm praying for Herbie to kick Hermie's butt.

FAX 09-25-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 5052805)
I don't understand this at all. If Herb Taylor can do the job he fits all of Herm's stated qualifications: 1. Chiefs drafted and raised 2. Young 3. Ready to do the job. Why keep the older free agent that is not getting the job done?

It's a mystery, Mr. Chief Faithful.

But, Hermoine has a history of saying one thing (that sounds pretty good, on the surface) and doing something different (that looks remarkably like a dog trying to ***** a walnut).

My guess is that McInTrash is one of those cagy vets who knows what to say and do during the week in order to keep their jobs. Not that it would probably work with any other coaching staff, of course.

Then again, we're talking about a guy who brought in Terry, Wilbourn, and Turley, declared them to be more than sufficiently talented for their respective roles, and started them. When it comes to evaluating Herm's ability to evaluate offensive linemen, that's really all you have to say.

FAX

rockymtnchief 09-25-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

I think he’s learning; I think he’s getting better at it.
WTF? You THINK he's getting better? Do you watch the tapes? Let the young guy learn the position. Not the dinged up turd!

ChiefsCountry 09-25-2008 02:36 PM

McGina should be due for an injury soon.

FAX 09-25-2008 02:37 PM

Herbie was a smart little car. Very resourceful. And, I think that, were it to come right down to it, Herbie would kick KITT's ass.

FAX

JimNasium 09-25-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5052908)
Herbie was a smart little car. Very resourceful. And, I think that, were it to come right down to it, Herbie would kick KITT's ass.

FAX

http://members.aol.com/foxcraft/Herbie10Mar07LF5.JPGWhere's Lindsay Lohan?

morphius 09-25-2008 02:42 PM

If he is going to play like a bad rookie, you pull him and let him fix the issues in practice, when he isn't going to be getting the QB killed. It isn't rocket science, it really isn't.

Frazod 09-25-2008 02:42 PM

What he really meant was...

HERM: I hate Damon Huard, and I want him dead.

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2008 02:42 PM

If "Herbie" doesn't replace McInSuck by the end of this game, he certainly will against the Panther and their fearsome pass rush.

Which begs the question, Herm: Why not do it NOW?

McInVag will get killed in Carolina. Oh, and he'll get the QB (whomever that may be) killed as well.

morphius 09-25-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5052919)
HERM: I hate Damon Huard, and I want him dead.

HERM: I can't believe McIntosh has stayed healthy for 3 games, really, he is throwing stuff at us we didn't expect to see.

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5052898)

Then again, we're talking about a guy who brought in Terry, Wilbourn, and Turley, declared them to be more than sufficiently talented for their respective roles, and started them. When it comes to evaluating Herm's ability to evaluate offensive linemen, that's really all you have to say.

FAX

That was Carl's call.

Katie 09-25-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 5052923)
HERM: I can't believe McIntosh has stayed healthy for 3 games, really, he is throwing stuff at us we didn't expect to see.

That's bust out laughing great!

Katie 09-25-2008 02:56 PM

Wow! I've been here, like eight years and I already have over 800 replies....yipeee!

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 02:57 PM

Let's see your pretty face, Katie.

Micjones 09-25-2008 02:58 PM

I'm not even upset with Damion McIntosh. It's obvious that he isn't physically capable of performing at an acceptable level. I'm just wondering why Clark Hunt doesn't see the colossal failure his coaching staff is that they don't realize that?

At least give the man some help.

Tiger's Fan 09-25-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5052928)
That was Carl's call.

Bullshit

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Hymen (Post 5052955)
Bullshit

Carl took the blame for it after last season ended and I really can't see a guy like Herm wanting to start a bunch of over-the-hill linemen.

chasedude 09-25-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

He's getting pwned on about every play. He's not fighting in the stance long enough to get hurt.

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Hymen (Post 5052955)
Bullshit

No, it's not.

You apparently don't read the newspaper or interviews with Peterson himself.

Try to keep up.

Little Bigfoot 09-25-2008 03:14 PM

MacInBlow is just doing his job. Hey it's not his fault. How many starters do we have that would start on any other team. He blows, but it's not his call. The fault lies uphill in that shit sack of a HC and staff. So I repeat my call for Herm and Carls dismissal.

Frosty 09-25-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

It is amazing how healthy he has stayed. You might almost think that he knows he wouldn't be back or something. :)

Reerun_KC 09-25-2008 04:38 PM

I hope the broncos bury DownField BigQuitter at midfield on Sunday, and seeing this really makes me feel good about the pending results.

I cant wait to watch this game...

Reerun_KC 09-25-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5052986)
No, it's not.

You apparently don't read the newspaper or interviews with Peterson himself.

Try to keep up.

Sorry Carl....

ILChief 09-25-2008 04:40 PM

I think McIntosh bought Eric Hicks's photo collection.

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5053196)
I hope the broncos bury DownField BigQuitter at midfield on Sunday, and seeing this really makes me feel good about the pending results.

I cant wait to watch this game...

Why bother? All you're going to due is bitch, bitch, bitch.

Why do it to yourself?

Better yet, why subject US with your obvious bullshit?

Reerun_KC 09-25-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5053202)
Why bother? All you're going to due is bitch, bitch, bitch.

Why do it to yourself?

Better yet, why subject US with your obvious bullshit?

Same reason we have to listen to you cheerleading Herm praising bullshit about this team...

Get over it!

And yes, I want to see you defend our best chance to win after he gets smoked and quits again on this team...

WilliamTheIrish 09-25-2008 04:51 PM

Mac best days are long gone. Another case of the GM signing a player on the downside of his career ( In Mac's case that was after about 4 years) and leaving the roster with no room for error.

And in case nobody noticed, Adrian Jones has been every bit as horrible.

Coach 09-25-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5052748)
One thing I noticed last week is that the Falcons lined Abraham up at LE and he just savagely brutalized McIntosh all game long.

The Chiefs never even tried to help him from what I saw. Didn't Herm say they were gonna have three guys blocking him?

That there, should tell you alot about Herman ******ing Edwards. Not to mention that he's still throwing McGinatosh out there, even though it has been well established that McGinatosh blows.

I know Taylor isn't necessarly a RT, but good grief, he can't do any worse than McGinatosh.

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 5053223)

He had a key block on Larry's 48-yard run.

Coach 09-25-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 5053223)
Mac best days are long gone. Another case of the GM signing a player on the downside of his career ( In Mac's case that was after about 4 years) and leaving the roster with no room for error.

On the bolded part, you are going to suck hard when you have McGinatosh on your right, screwing up everything. IIRC, during pre-season when Taylor was playing RT and Jones was in there, Jones wasn't that half bad when he was matched up with Taylor.

I recall milkman was discussing about that as well.

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 06:16 PM

Taylor never played right tackle during preseason. He was the left tackle the whole time.

Mr. Laz 09-25-2008 06:23 PM

when teams start game planning to take advantage of a player's suck-a-tude it says alot.

i bet other teams follow suit and put there best pass rusher against McSuckintosch

Coach 09-25-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5053438)
Taylor never played right tackle during preseason. He was the left tackle the whole time.

Big deal. He'd be an improvement on RT, regardless of getting reps or not. I'm just tired of seeing our QB's getting killed because of a soft-ass RT.

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 5053473)
Big deal. He'd be an improvement on RT, regardless of getting reps or not. I'm just tired of seeing our QB's getting killed because of a soft-ass RT.

I agree with you. I don't follow the logic at all on this one. It reminds me of Vermeil and McCleon.

L.A. Chieffan 09-25-2008 06:38 PM

Just start Richardson

Coach 09-25-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5053480)
Just start Richardson

No, he deftinaly need more seasoning. Maybe next year would be the better time for him.

petegz28 09-25-2008 07:47 PM

Yeah Herm, let's not pressure our players to perform. It might hurt their feelings.

chefsos 09-25-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5052748)

Yep.

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/s...am_chiefs.html

Quote:

When asked if Abraham, who played for Edwards from 2001-05 with the New York Jets, would be left one-on-one with Albert, Edwards started laughing.

“Tell John he’s not getting a free rush at the quarterback,” Edwards said. “Tell him don’t even worry about it. Tell him it’s going to be three guys blocking him, so don’t even worry about it.”
I wonder if the other two guys are still waiting for Abraham to come around the left side?

FAX 09-25-2008 08:27 PM

Herm was just joking around about that. Just like he was joking around when he said he wasn't going to change the offense.

FAX

milkman 09-25-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 5053437)
On the bolded part, you are going to suck hard when you have McGinatosh on your right, screwing up everything. IIRC, during pre-season when Taylor was playing RT and Jones was in there, Jones wasn't that half bad when he was matched up with Taylor.

I recall milkman was discussing about that as well.

Actually what I said is that it's hard to really discuss how bad Jones may be, because we saw Brian Waters suck pretty hard last year while lined up to McGinaTosh.

Waters isn't playing at the level this year that he played at in years prvious to last year, but he isn't playing as poorly as he did last year.

Jones probably still sucks, but his suckage might not be nearly as bad if he were lined up alongside even a mediocre RT.

FAX 09-25-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5053852)
Actually what I said is that it's hard to really discuss how bad Jones may be, because we saw Brian Waters suck pretty hard last year while lined up to McGinaTosh.

Waters isn't playing at the level this year that he played at in years prvious to last year, but he isn't playing as poorly as he did last year.

Jones probably still sucks, but his suckage might not be nearly as bad if he were lined up alongside even a mediocre RT.

Great point, Mr. milkman. I'd forgotten about Waters' struggles last year. You're right ... all that occurred while he was working next to McInToast.

Good call.

FAX

milkman 09-25-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 5053816)
Yep.

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/s...am_chiefs.html

I wonder if the other two guys are still waiting for Abraham to come around the left side?

If the Chiefs had actually provide help for Albert, they probably would still be looking ofr him to come around the left side.

Herman ****ing Edwards is probably thinking that the kid on the right, Jamal Anderson is turning into a hell of a pass rusher.

C-Mac 09-25-2008 10:45 PM

Chiefs veteran McIntosh trying to hang on in a new position
By KENT BABB
The Kansas City Star

Damion McIntosh knows he’s part of the past. He’s part of the old guard in a youth movement, and the Chiefs’ 31-year-old right tackle is just trying to prove he can still hang with these youngsters, the ones pushing him aside.

Days like last Sunday don’t help. Atlanta picked on the old tackle, one of the Chiefs’ two starting offensive linemen not in his 20s. Falcons defensive end John Abraham shifted to McIntosh’s side on the first play. Abraham spun past McIntosh, ran into the backfield and sacked Tyler Thigpen.

The Chiefs were in an early hole, and an old guy on a young team let it happen.

“It’s a growing process,” McIntosh said this week. “Maybe if I was 22 years old …”

But he’s not, and that’s why McIntosh is facing harsher scrutiny than someone who hasn’t been in the league nearly a decade.

He’s trying to grow into being comfortable on the right side, a spot he’d never played in his eight previous seasons. The Chiefs drafted Branden Albert in the first round, and coaches knew immediately Albert would be their left tackle. That pushed McIntosh out of a position he’d played since 2000.

McIntosh agreed to the move because, well, what else could he do? He’d seen other veterans be cut or shipped away, last year’s aging offensive line disbanded as part of Kansas City’s overhaul. McIntosh and left guard Brian Waters are the only starters the Chiefs retained.

“I just made it clear: I’ve never played right tackle,” McIntosh said this week. “I came in and groomed as a left tackle; that’s all I’ve played is left tackle. People assume I can make the change right away.”

Coach Herm Edwards said the Chiefs are trying to be patient with McIntosh as he learns his new position. But with every mistake — Abraham beat McIntosh again Sunday and forced a fumble — the team’s patience is tested.

The Chiefs have made it clear this season they’d rather experiment with a young player than watch an aging one struggle. As McIntosh tries to hold on to his starting job, second-year player Herb Taylor is preparing himself to take it.

“I’m ready to go in,” Taylor said. “I’m just as prepared as any of the guys who are starting right now.”

Edwards said the Chiefs aren’t ready to make a move. Not yet. They’re going to stick with McIntosh and hope he grasps the footwork and mentality the right side requires. Edwards admitted that McIntosh has made mistakes, but so far coaches are being patient because McIntosh is still learning and adjusting.

But McIntosh knows: The more time passes and the slower he settles in, the more likely Taylor slides into the starting lineup and McIntosh accepts a role he’s been trying to avoid since last offseason — part of Kansas City’s past instead of its future.

“He has to play to a certain standard,” Edwards said, “and I think he’s trying to get there.”

McIntosh has said for months the move hasn’t been easy. During training camp, he admitted he had little choice in the matter and would try to adapt. It is, after all, the less strenuous of the two tackle spots. But McIntosh said he’d grown familiar on the left side. Now, he’s trying to regain that familiarity in a spot that still seems foreign.

“I’ve been playing left tackle for nine years,” he said. “All I can do is try my best.”

McIntosh said he doesn’t think he deserves to be shifted out of the starting lineup. He said he’s making progress, and each week the right side feels more like home. Yes, he admits now it was the right move to put Albert at left tackle and move McIntosh to the other side.

But he still needs more time. He said days such as last Sunday might happen, but he wants coaches to have patience.

“They know that this isn’t something I’ve done before,” McIntosh said. “I go out there and compete. That’s the main thing. If I wasn’t competing, then, yeah, I deserve not to be playing.

“We’re trying to put the best players out there, and I feel I’m one of the best ones.”