ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If there was any doubt Belichik was running the show all along in New England (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206806)

B_Ambuehl 04-27-2009 10:25 AM

If there was any doubt Belichik was running the show all along in New England

Those doubts should be erased now. In this years draft Belichik manages to trade down and pick up 2 additional 2nd round picks (in addition to the 2 he already had) and 3 additional third rounders. He then parlays those picks into a good young strong safety, future nose tackle, starting cornerback, receiver, return man, and multiple good young lineman, in addition to two additional second rounders next year.

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third round picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

If that weren't bad enough rumors are he's now ready to give a contract with 36.5 million guaranteed to a guy who bears eery resemblance to the next Scott Mitchell.

I thought the Chiefs were supposed to be the rebuilding team that needed lots of good young football players at multiple positions?

If nothing else it appears Pioli evidently didn't learn everything from his master.

Cue the homers who wanna make every excuse under the sun or find ways to believe we had a better draft then the pats, I'll call it the way I see it.

OnTheWarpath15 04-27-2009 10:28 AM

Could have done without the anti-semitic remark.

Buehler445 04-27-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5718575)

Truth.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief 04-27-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

What's up with that? Not cool.

The Franchise 04-27-2009 10:29 AM

Exactly what is a "third down pick"?

And nice anti-semitic remark.....you ****ing tool bag.

Deberg_1990 04-27-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

I could have done without his entire post. Its nonsense.

rambleonthruthefog 04-27-2009 10:32 AM

repost.

Blindside58 04-27-2009 10:35 AM

Could someone please replace the word "Pioli" with a Star of David with the word "Juud" in the middle for B_Ambuehl....and you sir are a Moran!

rambleonthruthefog 04-27-2009 10:38 AM

MODS?

Reaper16 04-27-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5718563)
No third down picks.

To be fair, he has a point. Its hard to force an interception on third down without a good pass rush.

Delano 04-27-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli ...

Oh, Jesus, B_Ambuehl, what does that have to do with anything?

Just cool it with the anti-Semitic remarks.

the Talking Can 04-27-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Those doubts should be erased now. In this years draft Belichik manages to trade down and pick up 2 additional 2nd round picks (in addition to the 2 he already had) and 3 additional third rounders. He then parlays those picks into a good young strong safety, future nose tackle, starting cornerback, receiver, return man, and multiple good young lineman, in addition to two additional second rounders next year.

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third down picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

If that weren't bad enough rumors are he's now ready to give a contract with 36.5 million guaranteed to a guy who bears eery resemblance to the next Scott Mitchell.

I thought the Chiefs were supposed to be the rebuilding team that needed lots of good young football players at multiple positions?

If nothing else it appears Pioli evidently didn't learn everything from his master.

Cue the homers who wanna make every excuse under the sun or find ways to believe we had a better draft then the pats, I'll call it the way I see it.

jesus **** this is stupid

and the anti-semitism....awesome

salame 04-27-2009 10:53 AM

Mel Gibson?

The Bad Guy 04-27-2009 10:53 AM

Was there ever any doubt that B_Ambuehl was the biggest ****stick next to Claythan on this board?

Didn't think so.

Ebolapox 04-27-2009 10:54 AM

did he not 'US' them out of a pick?

(/peter griffin)

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third down picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

Bad poster, bad reference. Cool it please. Bad typo, tighten it up.

Now, let's get to the take itself:

This take is right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, and right again.

Did I mention this take is correct? Quite so.

Brock 04-27-2009 11:05 AM

"Scott Jewoli"

What do you mean by that exactly?

Frankie 04-27-2009 11:06 AM

OH MAM!... I posted a thread basically making the same point yesterday (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...46#post5708446) with just a mere possibility assigned to it (as opposed to your conviction) and I got three ugly neg reps. You'll probably get 12. Right now Pioli is God to some of the posters and your blasphemy will cost you mass stoning by the zealots here.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 5718770)
It is not a typo. Think about it DCS.

I'm not saying it is right, but it is not a typo.

He's changed it to "third round picks". Good enough.

Delano 04-27-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5718791)
He's changed it to "third round picks". Good enough.

Sorry. :doh!:

the Talking Can 04-27-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5718780)
OH MAM!... I posted a thread basically making the same point yesterday (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...46#post5708446) with just a mere possibility assigned to it (as opposed to your conviction) and I got three ugly neg reps. You'll probably get 12.

because the point is stupid...obviously stupid

the Pats had a bunch of picks coming in...we had a #3 that no one wanted

you'd have to be reeruned to not understand the simple difference

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 11:12 AM

Shit draft, backup QB; deal with it.

Fritz88 04-27-2009 11:13 AM

You have some points but I am still ridin' with Paley and Hioli and see where they take me next year

Lzen 04-27-2009 11:17 AM

Good Lord. The draft sure has brought out the reeruns. Give it time.

kstater 04-27-2009 11:17 AM

Ignoring the total absurdity of the entire post, I'll say this. It's slightly easier to trade out of a mid 20's pick than trade out of a top 3 pick. They didn't have a 2nd round pick because they used that second round pick on what they believe to be a franchise QB. I don't know where you're getting your information, but they did have a 3rd round pick.

crazychiefsfan 04-27-2009 11:19 AM

Stupid:shake:

SenselessChiefsFan 04-27-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third round picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

I am not going to say the Chiefs had a better draft than the Pats.

But, this draft resembles much of what the Pats have done. The Pats didn't trade down when they had the chance to draft Seymore.

The drafted defensive linemen in the first round for three straight years. That was one of their biggest priorities.

The Chiefs were able to a very good one in round one, and another one that should be another very solid prospect.

Pioli got a second round pick out of an aging TE. He got a franchise QB for a second round pick that teams like Denver and Detroit were both willing to pay more for.

Long ways to go, but so far, pretty happy with what he as done.

htismaqe 04-27-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 5718881)
The Pats didn't trade down when they had the chance to draft Seymore.

Actually, didn't they trade UP?

Micjones 04-27-2009 11:42 AM

Racially insensitive remarks are constantly thrown around on this forum.
But this one struck a chord? Wow...

SenselessChiefsFan 04-27-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5718890)
Actually, didn't they trade UP?

I thought they traded up for either Seymore, Wilfork or the third guy that I can't freaking remember right this second... Are you freaking kidding me... why can't I remember this guys name.

Ugh. Anyways, I think they traded up for ONE of those guys, but not sure.

kysirsoze 04-27-2009 11:43 AM

Even Bellichick couldn't have traded out of the three spot. This is an absurdly premature assessment.

Is Scott Pioli jewish?

Lex Luthors 04-27-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

These comparisons to Scott Mitchell are ridiculous. Cassel started 15 games for the Patriots last year, and he put up very good numbers. More importantly, his performance improved dramatically as the season progressed. He had an entire season to prove his value. Scott Mitchell only played part of a season with the Dolphins before he signed his big contract with Detroit.

However, if you INSIST upon comparing Matt Cassel to Scott Mitchell, you should know that in Mitchell's second season in Detroit he threw for over 4,300 yards with 32 TDs and a QB rating of 92.3. If Cassel puts up numbers like that, I think most Chiefs fans would be just fine with that.

Mitchell had a very brief career because of several injuries, not because he lacked talent.

kysirsoze 04-27-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5718903)
Racially insensitive remarks are constantly thrown around on this forum.
But this one struck a chord? Wow...

Really? I don't see many of them. Offensive remarks regarding gender, sexual orientation, and the mentally handicapped, but not a lot of race related stuff.

htismaqe 04-27-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 5718904)
I thought they traded up for either Seymore, Wilfork or the third guy that I can't freaking remember right this second... Are you freaking kidding me... why can't I remember this guys name.

Ugh. Anyways, I think they traded up for ONE of those guys, but not sure.

They traded during the Wilfork draft, but I don't know if it was up or down.

They took Ty Warren right around the time the Jags took Stroud. That pick was real mystery at the time.

I think it was Seymour that they traded up for.

jAZ 04-27-2009 11:51 AM

What a stupid f'ing thread.

kchero 04-27-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Your an idiot.:shake:

SenselessChiefsFan 04-27-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5718920)
They traded during the Wilfork draft, but I don't know if it was up or down.

They took Ty Warren right around the time the Jags took Stroud. That pick was real mystery at the time.

I think it was Seymour that they traded up for.

I was trying to remember Warren.

Oddly, Seymore and Warren were both under rated at the time. All the analysts were 'less than' impressed.

Pitt Gorilla 04-27-2009 11:55 AM

Play him off...

Mr. Krab 04-27-2009 11:57 AM

That blabbering buffoon Chuck Cook could of ran this draft while Haley and Pioli were gone on vacation in Scotland.

Lzen 04-27-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 5718928)
Your an idiot.:shake:

Close, but it is "your and idiot". ;)

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5718954)
That blabbering buffoon Chuck Cook could of ran this draft while Haley and Pioli were gone on vacation in Scotland.

Rounds 4 through 7 were certainly "Intern Blue Light Special".

RealSNR 04-27-2009 12:04 PM

I hate Jews.

Ooops! I mean, I think we had a terrible draft class.

(God, I hope nobody heard that.)

Archie Bunker 04-27-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5718979)
I hate Jews.

God, I hope nobody heard that.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5718979)
I hate Jews.

(God, I hope nobody heard that.)

ROFL

CoMoChief 04-27-2009 12:10 PM

Yeah lets not forget that the Patriots had the 23rd pick and the Chiefs had the 3rd overall.

The Chiefs tried to trade down. Remember that in order to trade down someone has to want to trade up to your pick. With the 3rd pick, there is a lot to give up and a lot of money that's invested into that pick.

In other words, its much easier to trade down from the 23rd pick in the first rd than to trade down from the 3rd pick, especially this season where there wasn't a real strong top 10.

B_Ambuehl 04-27-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Scott Jewoli"

What do you mean by that exactly?
Well, besides the last name and huge forehead Scott was too tight with his picks. Everybody knows the trade chart is now dead when you're talking about top 5 picks and he was too tight to trade out of that #3 spot for what was offered. If he wanted out he coulda got out. Even Sanches said there was a lot of discussion about him going #3. Even if the Chiefs only picked up a 2nd rounder you can then parlay that 2nd rounder into extra picks like Belichik did. He coulda still used a mid to late 1st round pick on a solid d-tackle that could play at 5-technique if he wanted. Hell, that's what the Steelers did. Or he coulda traded down again witha mid to late 1st rounder. Bottom line is this team could've used a lot more quality picks.

I don't even want to get into the way the picks were used on the 2nd day.

Gravedigger 04-27-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5719006)
Well, besides the last name and huge forehead Scott was too tight with his picks. Everybody knows the trade chart is now dead when you're talking about top 5 picks and he was too tight to trade out of that #3 spot for what was offered. If he wanted out he coulda got out. Even if he only picked up a 2nd rounder you can then parlay that 2nd rounder into extra picks like Belichik did. He coulda still used a mid to late 1st round pick on a solid d-tackle that could play at 5-technique if he wanted. Hell, that's what the Steelers did. Or he coulda traded down again. Bottom line is this team could've used a lot more quality picks.

Ignorance is bliss... wait a minute no it's not.

Sully 04-27-2009 12:14 PM

Italian name+Balding=Jewish.

...interesting.

Pioli Zombie 04-27-2009 12:14 PM

What a useless thread. Whoever thought Belichick wasn't running the show in New England?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab 04-27-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5719016)
What a useless thread. Whoever thought Belichick wasn't running the show in New England?
Posted via Mobile Device

The balance of control in New England is VERY important considering Pioli is here running things without Belichek.

kchero 04-27-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 5719014)
Italian name+Balding=Jewish.

...interesting.

ROFLROFLROFL

eazyb81 04-27-2009 12:20 PM

Fair opinion but neg rep for the racist comment. I'm sick of seeing that shit on here.

ChiefRon 04-27-2009 12:21 PM

Again, top-notch coaching is what turns "meh" drafts into "damn, they knew what they were doing" drafts - some are questioning all the trading down the Pats did this year and missing on better prospects - they probably won't be saying that in a couple years because that staff will coach them up and ask them to do things within the scheme that play to their strengths.

This all hinges on how good our coaches are.

Brock 04-27-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5719006)
Well, besides the last name and huge forehead Scott was too tight with his picks.

Oh, ho ho haa ha ha. I get it, because Jews are tight with their money.

Pioli Zombie 04-27-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5719021)
The balance of control in New England is VERY important considering Pioli is here running things without Belichek.

Well let me end the suspense for anyone who somehow didn't know. Bill Belichick is the man in charge of football operations in New England and has since he was hired. Pioli was the talent evaluator. They worked very closely. Pioli's success in assessing talent is what gave him the qualifications to be given a chance as a GM

This isn't rocket science and you guys aren't discovering anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

B_Ambuehl 04-27-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

OH MAM!... I posted a thread basically making the same point yesterday (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...46#post5708446) with just a mere possibility assigned to it (as opposed to your conviction) and I got three ugly neg reps. You'll probably get 12. Right now Pioli is God to some of the posters and your blasphemy will cost you mass stoning by the zealots here.
Yeah do you remember how they all reacted after Herm was hired and several Jets fans came over here and told them exactly what would happen? hahaha I still get laughs out of that. I didn't see that post yesterday Frankie, but its good to know not everybody around here just sits around and drinks the koolaid.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5719041)
Well let me end the suspense for anyone who somehow didn't know. Bill Belichick is the man in charge of football operations in New England and has since he was hired. Pioli was the talent evaluator. They worked very closely. Pioli's success in assessing talent is what gave him the qualifications to be given a chance as a GM

Posted via Mobile Device

NICE back peddle! Your audacity amazes me more and more each day.

bringbackmarty 04-27-2009 12:24 PM

Just so you know Italian Americans - especially my wife's relatives are very frugal people, they only give up their dough to family members, and live within their means.

Maybe this wasn't the draft to go balls to the wall with trades, because we already have reshaped the team considerably this offseason, he doesn't know exactly what he's got to work with yet, and he needs to keep his ammo for next year.

Maybe Pioli was drafting within his means, until he gets a better idea of what we really have and don't have? Plus with no second, hard to move up, and no one with anything of value wanted us to move down.

Mr. Krab 04-27-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5719041)

Posted via Mobile Device

Well if you're correct, that would explain Pioli's inability to move around in the draft this year. Let's just hope that his talent evaluation is better than his draft managing.

Maybe he could go back up to New England and take some "how to make a ****ing trade" classes from Belichek.

Pioli Zombie 04-27-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5719048)
NICE back peddle! Your audacity amazes me more and more each day.

What backpeddle. Pioli did a great job in NE and he'll do a great job here I believe.

That doesn't mean he was in charge of the Patriots, you dumbass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Garcia Bronco 04-27-2009 12:27 PM

Stockpiling picks for an uncapped year is a bad idea.

Pioli Zombie 04-27-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5719053)
Well if you're correct, that would explain Pioli's inability to move around in the draft this year. Let's just hope that his talent evaluation is better than his draft managing.

Maybe he could go back up to New England and take some "how to make a ****ing trade" classes from Belichek.

I forgot. You are one of assholes too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier 04-27-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5719047)
Yeah do you remember how they all reacted after Herm was hired and several Jets fans came over here and told them exactly what would happen? hahaha I still get laughs out of that. I didn't see that post yesterday Frankie, but its good to know not everybody around here just sits around and drinks the koolaid.

Difference is after Pioli was hired Patriots fans came here and said great hire.

I find it intresting that "Drinking the kool-aid" now means all takes that aren't everything sucks.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5719053)

And look how he left your boy Cassel open for a fun day(s) of "On your ass, and eating grass".

Quite the genius that felllow, what with the ungodly deep reservoir of O-line talent in this draft, no?

Pioli Zombie 04-27-2009 12:30 PM

I love how its already a given that the draft sucked. Because of a few assholes on chiefs planet say so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5719060)
What backpeddle. Pioli did a great job in NE and he'll do a great job here I believe.

That doesn't mean he was in charge of the Patriots, you dumbass.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd like to believe too. Do I just click my heels together and say "Jesus Berry Kool-Aid Oh YEAH" three times?

:doh!:

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5719070)
I love how its already a given that the draft sucked. Because of a few assholes on chiefs planet say so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Setting your franchise QB up for slaughter under the likes of Sackintosh = FAIL.

Pioli Zombie 04-27-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5719072)
I'd like to believe too. Do I just click my heels together and say "Jesus Berry Kool-Aid Oh YEAH" three times?

:doh!:

Anything of substance to say?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5719076)
Anything of substance to say?
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually yes! I guess you missed it:

Quote:

Setting your franchise QB up for slaughter under the likes of Sackintosh = FAIL.

Pioli Zombie 04-27-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5719075)

I must have missed something. Has the season started yet?

Well while you guys masturbate I have to get back to work. Later.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab 04-27-2009 12:38 PM

I wonder who did the contract negotiations, Belicheck or Pioli? Will we see another STFD and stfu moment?

googlegoogle 04-27-2009 12:40 PM

Scott Buddhistioli.

Titty Meat 04-27-2009 12:44 PM

This thread sucks & RaisedOnRiots is obviously DarthCarlSatan.

Red Dawg 04-27-2009 12:44 PM

They will ride ol Bill for another 10 years based on the the 3 rings. Even if they don't make the SB at all he will be allowed to do whatever he wants.

Sully 04-27-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlegoogle (Post 5719095)
Scott Buddhistioli.

Scott Atheioli?
Scott Hindioli?
Scott Lutherioli?
Scott Baptioli?
Scott Wiccioli?

htismaqe 04-27-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 5719064)
Difference is after Pioli was hired Patriots fans came here and said great hire.

I find it intresting that "Drinking the kool-aid" now means all takes that aren't everything sucks.

THIS.

htismaqe 04-27-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5719075)

The line will be better. I wouldn't be at all surprised if McIntosh isn't the starter.

Rooster 04-27-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5718588)
I could have done without his entire post. Its nonsense.

This

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5719110)
This thread sucks & RaisedOnRiots is obviously DarthCarlSatan.

Wow, you catch on quick!

Delano 04-27-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5719127)
The line will be better. I wouldn't be at all surprised if McIntosh isn't the starter.

Free agent replacement or one of the guys on the roster?

You can't possibly be referring to Colin Blow?