ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football So where are the Locker fans? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233183)

Titty Meat 09-09-2010 02:55 PM

So where are the Locker fans?

Does his performance vs BYU change your mind? To me theres no doubt he's a Cassel clown.

RustShack 09-09-2010 02:58 PM

Always said hes over rated.

DeezNutz 09-09-2010 02:59 PM

If there's a chance we might draft him, I hate him. /KC

DJ's left nut 09-09-2010 03:03 PM

Gabbert in '11!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 03:08 PM

Flopnuts is going to bust in here with a chain-gun and fry your asses.

The Franchise 09-09-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6989179)
Flopnuts is going to bust in here with a chain-gun and fry your asses.

This.

RustShack 09-09-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 6989171)
Gabbert in '11!!!

Oh god please no. Hes the most over rated QB in the nation. Well its close with him and Stanzi.

eazyb81 09-09-2010 03:13 PM

Locker's overrated - his aura is still based on hype of what he "could" do - but BYU is an underrated team that should have been expected to play well against him and the mediocre Huskies.

DonTellMeShowMe 09-09-2010 03:18 PM

will the Pac-10 ever get respect :facepalm:

Chiefnj2 09-09-2010 03:19 PM

Is he this years Jevon Snead?

Luck shows the most promise.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 6989190)
Oh god please no. Hes the most over rated QB in the nation. Well its close with him and Stanzi.

Okay, so who shall it be then?

Luck? I guess we could upgrade our D&D passing game.

Mallett? MUCH to be proven yet.

Pants 09-09-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6989202)
Is he this years Jevon Snead?

Luck shows the most promise.

mallett > all

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6989208)
mallett > all

"He is not a Jedi yet"!

Pants 09-09-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6989210)
"He is not a Jedi yet"!

His mandalorians (midichlorians) are breaking all of our scales.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6989216)
His mandalorians (midichlorians) are breaking all of our scales.

Hey, if he has great year and develops even further, I'm all for it.

RustShack 09-09-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6989205)
Okay, so who shall it be then?

Luck? I guess we could upgrade our D&D passing game.

Mallett? MUCH to be proven yet.

I'd rather have Luck, Mallet, Ponder, hell even Jarrod Johnson.

RustShack 09-09-2010 03:31 PM

But probably only Luck or Mallet in the top five. But it doesn't matter, unless we trade up.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 6989226)
I'd rather have Luck, Mallet, Ponder, hell even Jarrod Johnson.

Who and the who?

I'm not having a QB named "Ponder" on my ****ing team; it reeks of bad mojo.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 03:32 PM

Only Luck if he gets his long-ball in shape. If he could do that; I'm in.

talastan 09-09-2010 03:35 PM

What is the deal with Mallet, I've heard he is a Tebow clone, but with a better, more traditional throwing motion. So is he more like Steve Young?

Pants 09-09-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 6989231)
What is the deal with Mallet, I've heard he is a Tebow clone, but with a better, more traditional throwing motion. So is he more like Steve Young?

He's a 6'7 freak with a ****ing cannon and can play under center. **** Tim Tebow.

keg in kc 09-09-2010 03:41 PM

Mallet's a Tebow clone?

Yep, I'm on the planet.

Bane 09-09-2010 03:42 PM

Locker sucks because he had one game under 500 yards and 7 TD passes /CP Know it all dumb asses.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-09-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6989159)
Does his performance vs BYU change your mind? To me theres no doubt he's a Cassel clown.

LMAO You're a ****ing moron that didn't see that game, or understand any of the predicating circumstances of his performance. You also didn't see the NFL type TD throw he made early on in the game. He's going to be a star at the next level. More so than any Nebraska QB that's EVER played the game, or ever will for that matter.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6989233)
He's a 6'7 freak with a ****ing cannon and can play under center. **** Tim Tebow.

He looks like a cross between Bradford and last year, USC-Sanchez, which is cool with me.

He's got a pretty sweet mid-range ball.

Pants 09-09-2010 03:47 PM

I will take Mallett first, then Locker. Luck has a lot of potential, I guess, but I don't know why people are so high on him as of right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6989251)
I will take Mallett first, then Locker. Luck has a lot of potential, I guess, but I don't know why people are so high on him.

He's got great pocket presence, he's very precision with the dink and dunk, but if we're going to upgrade, I'd at least like to see a guy who can hit 35 and 40 yards out and do it well and often.

the Talking Can 09-09-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

did you watch the game?

Pants 09-09-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6989257)
He's got great pocket presence, he's very precision with the dink and dunk, but if we're going to upgrade, I'd at least like to see a guy who can hit 35 and 40 yards out and do it well and often.

Locker and Mallett are accurate and have good pocket presence as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6989264)
Locker and Mallett are accurate and have good pocket presence as well.

Well, that's why Luck ain't exactly my first choice. :D

Frankie 09-09-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6989167)
If there's a chance we might draft him, I hate him. /KC

ROFLROFL:thumb: This has to earn a rep.:clap:

BossChief 09-09-2010 03:59 PM

I admittedly didn't see the BYU game, but I am still on the Locker bandwagon.

I think the kid turns into the next Steve Young. Its a shame we wont draft high enough to have a shot at him.

Mallet needs to show his accuracy is improved. I haven't been impressed with him in this category. In this offense, it is crucial to be very accurate because its predicated on RAC yards. This is why I was so high on Jimmy Clausen.

Luck wont be in a NFL draft for at least another year. He has basically already said so a few times.

Gabbert is an overrated spread monkey that couldn't hit 60% completions and will only be a junior if he comes out in the next draft. He would need to show a hell of a lot this year to be considered as a first rounder for us after only starting for one year.

keg in kc 09-09-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6989278)
Gabbert is an overrated spread monkey that couldn't hit 60% completions and will only be a junior if he comes out in the next draft. He would need to show a hell of a lot this year to be considered as a first rounder for us after only starting for one year.

I'm not a Missouri fan, but, ah, didn't Gabbert start last year?

the Talking Can 09-09-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6989278)
I admittedly didn't see the BYU game, but I am still on the Locker bandwagon.

I think the kid turns into the next Steve Young. Its a shame we wont draft high enough to have a shot at him.

Mallet needs to show his accuracy is improved. I haven't been impressed with him in this category. In this offense, it is crucial to be very accurate because its predicated on RAC yards. This is why I was so high on Jimmy Clausen.

Luck wont be in a NFL draft for at least another year. He has basically already said so a few times.

any QB we draft is going to be around longer than Weis

i hope to hell we wouldn't exclude QBs because they aren't a fit for the Cassel offense....

ChiefsCountry 09-09-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6989282)
I'm not a Missouri fan, but, ah, didn't Gabbert start last year?

He did. It would be two years starting experience under his belt.

kepp 09-09-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 6989190)

ROFL You sure can't base that statement on how he's played against ISU - 23 of 32, 337 yards, 2 TDs

He *would* be better served, IMO, to stay for his senior year though. He needs to develop better pocket presence and there are going to be lots of "big name" QBs coming out this year.

Titty Meat 09-09-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6989244)
LMAO You're a ****ing moron that didn't see that game, or understand any of the predicating circumstances of his performance. You also didn't see the NFL type TD throw he made early on in the game. He's going to be a star at the next level. More so than any Nebraska QB that's EVER played the game, or ever will for that matter.

Jake Locker sucks so much you have to compare him to a redshirt freshmen QB? I watched some of the game it was on the TV right next to the Nebraska game and Locker looked very Casselish. He's athletic yada yada he averaged 7 yards a throw whos that remind you of?

BossChief 09-09-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 6989286)
any QB we draft is going to be around longer than Weis

i hope to hell we wouldn't exclude QBs because they aren't a fit for the Cassel offense....

Well, with all due disrespect to Cassel, its not his offense. Weis' scheme calls for a bunch of RAC and even in the spread Gabbert couldn't crack 60% passing.

Red Flag right there.

So far, he has only started one year is what I meant.

Apologizes for that being misunderstood.

If Gabbert completes more than 65% of his passes and holds his YPA strong and shows to not have injury concerns (that might arise again) he will be in the talks, but not until he does those things. He will be a project, but he needs to show he can progress before he gets into the conversation for our first rounder.

JMO

Mr. Laz 09-09-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6989246)
He looks like a cross between Bradford and last year, USC-Sanchez, which is cool with me.

He's got a pretty sweet mid-range ball.

ROFL

what a buffoon

BossChief 09-09-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 6989287)
He did. It would be two years starting experience under his belt.

Do me a favor ok...

show me a list of underclassmen quarterbacks with only two years starting experience, played in a spread and had less than 60% comp% to have a successful career after being drafted in the first round. You can probably list them on one hand, if not one finger. Then go ahead and add in all the rest that were drafted in the rest of the draft.

Ill wait.

Titty Meat 09-09-2010 04:17 PM

Gabbert is a way more accurate QB than Locker. If we hate Cassel for not being able to complete 60% of his throws how are you going to like Locker whos never completed 60% of his passes for a whole season?

Mr. Flopnuts 09-09-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6989298)
Jake Locker sucks so much you have to compare him to a redshirt freshmen QB? I watched some of the game it was on the TV right next to the Nebraska game and Locker looked very Casselish. He's athletic yada yada he averaged 7 yards a throw whos that remind you of?

Uh, I didn't compare him to your current QB. I compared him to every single one that's ever wore your uniform. And I watched the whole game. The playcalling sucked and Locker doesn't call the plays. I've seen 10 times more of him than you have, so I'm well aware of his capabilities. I also was the one saying he wasn't accurate enough after his sophomore year, and the one that said it improved overnight into his junior year. Believe it or don't. You'll see for yourself over the next half decade and beyond.

the Talking Can 09-09-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6989300)
Well, with all due disrespect to Cassel, its not his offense. Weis' scheme calls for a bunch of RAC and even in the spread Gabbert couldn't crack 60% passing.

Red Flag right there.

So far, he has only started one year is what I meant.

Apologizes for that being misunderstood.

If Gabbert completes more than 65% of his passes and holds his YPA strong and shows to not have injury concerns (that might arise again) he will be in the talks, but not until he does those things. He will be a project, but he needs to show he can progress before he gets into the conversation for our first rounder.

JMO

no, i know what you meant...i just never pass up a dig at my boy Cassel

i just hope we'd take the best QB, and design an offense around him as opposed to the other way round

Mr. Laz 09-09-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6989236)
Mallet's a Tebow clone?

Yep, I'm on the planet.

well to be honest ... he was asking a question, not making a statement.

BossChief 09-09-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6989306)
Gabbert is a way more accurate QB than Locker. If we hate Cassel for not being able to complete 60% of his throws how are you going to like Locker whos never completed 60% of his passes for a whole season?

Locker needs to improve in this area.

No doubt.

But his other skills offer up a better whole package IMO

Like I said, I see him as a guy that could develop into a Steve Young type player under Weis.

I would be totally fine with trading up to get him, even if it would cost us a top ten and a second rounder.

Titty Meat 09-09-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6989309)
Uh, I didn't compare him to your current QB. I compared him to every single one that's ever wore your uniform. And I watched the whole game. The playcalling sucked and Locker doesn't call the plays. I've seen 10 times more of him than you have, so I'm well aware of his capabilities. I also was the one saying he wasn't accurate enough after his sophomore year, and the one that said it improved overnight into his junior year. Believe it or don't. You'll see for yourself over the next half decade and beyond.

He improved to 21 td's 11 INTs and 58% completed passes. Hmm where have I seen that?

And FYI Locker isn't a better college QB than Frazier or Crouch but nice try.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-09-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6989316)
He improved to 21 td's 11 INTs and 58% completed passes. Hmm where have I seen that?

LMAO

the Talking Can 09-09-2010 04:25 PM

I'm kind of relived this year...usually i have skin in the game for a specific QB (like stafford) and have to argue all the tards...

i really haven't watched any of these QBs play much...so, I can just listen to the arguments and hope we take someone, the right one....

the Talking Can 09-09-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6989316)

what do frazier and crouch have to do with a discussion about nfl caliber QBs?

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-09-2010 04:26 PM

Luck is the most pro-ready.

Gabbert and Mallet both have more upside. Mallet's taller, although anything over 6'4 is really irrelevant, and Gabbert is much more mobile.

I don't think there is any way we draft top 12 with the schedule we face this year. Cassel will look just good enough for True Fans to argue he needs another year.

When he falls on his face in '11, maybe then we'll be in a position to go after Gabbert.

I'm really hoping he stays through his senior year.

Titty Meat 09-09-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6989327)
Luck is the most pro-ready.

Gabbert and Mallet both have more upside. Mallet's taller, although anything over 6'4 is really irrelevant, and Gabbert is much more mobile.

I don't think there is any way we draft top 12 with the schedule we face this year. Cassel will look just good enough for True Fans to argue he needs another year.

When he falls on his face in '11, maybe then we'll be in a position to go after Gabbert.

I'm really hoping he stays through his senior year.

I think Gabbert goes after this year he'll be rated the 3rd QB. Luck, Mallet, Gabbert. You can make the argument Gabbert right now is better than Mallet who needs to work on his foot work.

DeezNutz 09-09-2010 04:30 PM

Gabbert is going to be an outstanding pro. We can only hope beyond hope that we're lucky enough to snag him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 6989293)
ROFL You sure can't base that statement on how he's played against ISU - 23 of 32, 337 yards, 2 TDs

He *would* be better served, IMO, to stay for his senior year though. He needs to develop better pocket presence and there are going to be lots of "big name" QBs coming out this year.

Agreed. We probably won't draft a QB in 2011 anyway because Cassel will get the "Vrabel treatment" for another year.

Another long, long year...

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6989302)
ROFL

what a buffoon

:spock:

Bane 09-09-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6989348)
Agreed. We probably won't draft a QB in 2011 anyway because Cassel will get the "Vrabel treatment" for another year.

Another long, long year...

Who's Brady's back up now?:p

keg in kc 09-09-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 6989325)
I'm kind of relived this year...usually i have skin in the game for a specific QB (like stafford) and have to argue all the tards...

This year is going to seem like a QB buffet for me after the last 5 or 6 drafts. I've seen exactly four QBs I wanted, Flacco, Rodgers, Ryan and Stafford, since the year Eli and Rivers (and Roethlisberger) came out. Just four, in all that time.

the Talking Can 09-09-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6989355)
This year is going to seem like a QB buffet for me after the last 5 or 6 drafts. I've seen exactly four QBs I wanted, Flacco, Rodgers, Ryan and Stafford, since the year Eli and Rivers (and Roethlisberger) came out. Just four, in all that time.

:D

i'm a little more promiscuous when it comes to qbs....

DeezNutz 09-09-2010 04:45 PM

Mallett is raw as ****, but he has all the necessary physical tools.

He needs to show more polished footwork this season, though.

keg in kc 09-09-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 6989365)
:D

i'm a little more promiscuous when it comes to qbs....

I guess I could throw in a 5th - I'd have been okay with Clausen, since we had the inside track on him. But other than that, I haven't seen much that I liked.

I have a more refined taste in men than you do!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6989354)
Who's Brady's back up now?:p

Last I heard, it was Rico Whizzlewhacker FTW!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6989368)

He wouldn't get away with it in the NFL, but that "behind the back"-fake he did was pretty ****ing sweet, I must say.

keg in kc 09-09-2010 04:56 PM

I think Mallett's draft position is ultimately going to come down to his play against LSU and Alabama. Much like last year I think he'll wipe out the rest of the schedule. Interested to see if he's able to step it up against the elite. Think Arkansas as a whole is a better team, so he should.

I think he'll end up being the best QB of the bunch if he lands in the right situation.

beer bacon 09-09-2010 05:02 PM

Gabbert is accurate, has a strong arm, and he is mobile. His biggest weakness is pocket presence. He depends on his mobility too much. Instead of stepping up into the pocket when he feels pressure from the outside, he is quick to scramble. He has made some big plays on these scrambles, but he would be better served to step up into the pocket and continue through his reads. At least that is my amateur fan opinion.

Titty Meat 09-09-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 6989382)
Gabbert is accurate, has a strong arm, and he is mobile. His biggest weakness is pocket presence. He depends on his mobility too much. Instead of stepping up into the pocket when he feels pressure from the outside, he is quick to scramble. He has made some big plays on these scrambles, but he would be better served to step up into the pocket and continue through his reads. At least that is my amateur fan opinion.

Has he always been like that or was it because of the ankle injury?

DeezNutz 09-09-2010 05:27 PM

I completely disagree with the lack of pocket awareness. Completely.

Sam Hall 09-09-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6989309)

Comparing Locker to any Husker quarterback is just ridiculous. Nebraska isn't exactly known for its pro-style quarterbacks. We'll see about Locker's draft stock after he faces the Pelinis.

Titty Meat 09-09-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 6989438)
Comparing Locker to any Husker quarterback is just ridiculous. Nebraska isn't exactly known for its pro-style quarterbacks. We'll see about Locker's draft stock after he faces the Pelinis.

We'll beat them by 14+. And if Callahan was still here Gabbert would be the QB.

googlegoogle 09-09-2010 06:02 PM

Stanford qb?

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlegoogle (Post 6989552)
Stanford qb?

Luck, yes.

go bo 09-09-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

i don't know...

do you know of anybody with a fan in their locker?

pretty ritzy if you ask me...

beer bacon 09-09-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6989409)
Has he always been like that or was it because of the ankle injury?

It seems to me that he has always been like that since he became MU's starter. I know other MU fans have conjectured that he only started it after he got hurt last season. His high school teams were never very good, so I wonder if he was running for his life a lot before he got to MU.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-09-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6989421)
I completely disagree with the lack of pocket awareness. Completely.

Agreed. Aside from one play against Illinois, he shows tremendous poise. He's also not afraid to take one in the mouth. The dude is a tough sonofabitch.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-09-2010 07:18 PM

To me, Gabbert and Mallett have the same ceiling, while Gabbert has a much higher floor.

Jewish Rabbi 09-09-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6989853)
Agreed. Aside from one play against Illinois, he shows tremendous poise. He's also not afraid to take one in the mouth. The dude is a tough sonofabitch.

In the Illinois game he didn't show much poise. Way too quick to scramble.

Frankie 09-09-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6989368)

Not too much polish. Just enough to be available when its our turn to draft. Mallet is my early favorite based on, admittedly, not much but his physical attributes. I reserve the right to change my mind as the season goes on.

Frankie 09-09-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 6989438)

Help me out here. The last Nebrasks QB I remember start for an NFL team had an Italian last name. Santorini or something. And that was when the Rams were back in LA.

RustShack 09-09-2010 07:54 PM

After watching Gabbert last week I wouldn't touch him. I guess it could change by draft time... but if he keeps playing like that he can **** off.

beer bacon 09-09-2010 07:56 PM

Gabbert was pretty good last week.

Frankie 09-09-2010 07:56 PM

Has anyone run into a good website that has these QBs' physical stats? Is there a short or twiggy one among them that we should avoid just because of his lack of stature?

beer bacon 09-09-2010 07:59 PM

Locker is 6'3 220. Luck is 6'4 235. Mallett is 6'7 240. Ponder is 6'3 220. Gabbert is 6'5 235.