ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Why does everybody think the Chargers are so damn good? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249456)

Mama Hip Rockets 09-03-2011 02:49 PM

Why does everybody think the Chargers are so damn good?

Every year, everybody on earth predicts the Chargers will be 14-2 or 13-3 and go to the AFC championship game and/or Super Bowl. Every year, they continue to suck and disappoint.

This year, they had no major offseason acquisitions, they are coming of a 9-7 non-playoff year despite an easy schedule, and they appear to have a much tougher schedule this year. 7 out of 7 NFL.com "experts" predict they will win the division, which may not be a huge stretch, but you would think at least one soul might pick the defending champion Chiefs.

But the icing on the cake is that the latest NFL.com poll asks, "which team do you think will win Super Bowl XLIV?" Our choices? Packers, Saints, Patriots, or Chargers. The defending AFC-champion Steelers are not even a choice. The Eagles, who had one of the greatest off-seasons in NFL history, are not even a choice. Even the media loverboy Jets are not even a choice.

The Chargers are clearly one of the best 4 teams in the NFL? Even though they couldn't even win the second weakest division in all of football last year with a cake schedule? Even though they lost to the Seahawks, Raiders, Rams, Raiders again, and the Bengals, arguably the worst team in football last year?

What, my friends, is so damn impressive about the San Diego Chargers?

Bugeater 09-03-2011 02:50 PM

Elite QB.

Bowser 09-03-2011 02:50 PM

Two words - Phillip Rivers

kstater 09-03-2011 02:50 PM

Franchise QB.

007 09-03-2011 02:50 PM

because

Mama Hip Rockets 09-03-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7876770)

Two words - Team Sport

threebag 09-03-2011 04:02 PM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...X4Phdz0Nmth98L

KurtCobain 09-03-2011 04:03 PM

I doubt they finish 3rd in the west this year.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-03-2011 04:05 PM

They have a crap load of talent, but thanks to Norv Turner our Chiefs will always have a chance no matter how talented they are.

DaFace 09-03-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7876769)
Elite QB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7876770)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7876773)
Franchise QB.

These. If you traded Rivers straight up for Orton, the Broncos would instantly be considered contenders.

Okie_Apparition 09-03-2011 04:06 PM

They're a tough team. Beerman & Fouts has been chewing and swallowing on them for several years now

Lex Luthor 09-03-2011 04:08 PM

A lot of people think their bad record was a fluke last year, since they had both the #1 offense and the #1 defense in NFL. You've got to admit that a team with that much talent ought to win more games.

I think their main problem is Norv Turner. He can't coach a team up.

If Marty were still the head coach there they'd win between 12 and 14 games every year, and maybe he would have finally made it to the Super Bowl. Firing him was one of the dumbest moves ever.

Okie_Apparition 09-03-2011 04:10 PM

AJ Smith will keep them like the rat kept the Broncos. Just good enough to miss the good draft picks

RedThat 09-03-2011 04:52 PM

Phillip Rivers is overrated.

007 09-03-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7877001)

So they could finish 4th, 2nd or 1st. Got it.

RealSNR 09-03-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7877115)

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghht.

Molitoth 09-03-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Your and idiot.

Marcellus 09-03-2011 05:17 PM

As long as Norv is coach they will underachieve. They may win the division, but they aren't going anywhere.

BoltWalt 09-03-2011 05:21 PM

Because most knowledgeable NFL experts realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division. Also the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

DTLB58 09-03-2011 05:22 PM

It's all about the QB in the NFL.

Rivers = top 7 in the league at least and he has Jackson and Gates, plus should be able to put together a decent run game between Matthews and Tolbert. They will score many point with this.

Now having said that, I freaking HATE it everytime I hear that everyone just assumes the Chargers will take the west every year but that's probably true.

If Jackson would have played Monday night last year they probably would have won that game to and they would have won the division. Chiefs offense was miserable that night.

DaFace 09-03-2011 05:23 PM

Because most knowledgeable NFL realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division. Also the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

Bowser 09-03-2011 05:23 PM

Has anyone mentioned Phillip Rivers yet?

listopencil 09-03-2011 05:28 PM

Because most knowledgeable NFL experts realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division. Also the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

listopencil 09-03-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7877006)
These. If you traded Rivers straight up for Orton, the Broncos would instantly be considered contenders.

Not with our shitty Defense of the last few years. Things are looking up though.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltWalt (Post 7877180)
Because most knowledgeable NFL expert realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division. Also the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

I have one word to counter that...Norv

RealSNR 09-03-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 7877200)

Yeah, but they have Philip Rivers

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7877204)

Who????

Marcellus 09-03-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 7877208)
Who????

You know, Phillip Whiny Ass Rivers.

Sound familiar now?

RealSNR 09-03-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 7877208)
Who????

Dude, most knowledgeable NFL experts realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division.

Marcellus 09-03-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7877217)
Dude, most knowledgeable NFL experts realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division.

You think they will be as good on defense?

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7877236)

I don't. Not a chance. The talent they have on D does not = number 1 overall. Not saying they suck or anything, but it doesn't add up IMO.

RedThat 09-03-2011 05:44 PM

Phillip Rivers is a choker. Nuff said.

scho63 09-03-2011 05:49 PM

LMAO what a great photo! HAHAHA

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 7876995)

scho63 09-03-2011 05:51 PM

Because they have River Phoenix

BoltWalt 09-03-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 7877200)

Ouch! Dead center bulls-eye on that one. But if he fails to get the job done this year he will be gone.

chiefqueen 09-03-2011 06:00 PM

Well SD is not Den and OAK and they did not have to put their TE on IR today.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltWalt (Post 7877277)
Ouch! Dead center bulls-eye on that one. But if he fails to get the job done this year he will be gone.

May Herm find is way out to sunny SanDiego then :Pimp:

BoltWalt 09-03-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 7877011)
A lot of people think their bad record was a fluke last year, since they had both the #1 offense and the #1 defense in NFL. You've got to admit that a team with that much talent ought to win more games.

I think their main problem is Norv Turner. He can't coach a team up.

If Marty were still the head coach there they'd win between 12 and 14 games every year, and maybe he would have finally made it to the Super Bowl. Firing him was one of the dumbest moves ever.

I agree. His history of sucking in the playoffs really shot him down.

BoltWalt 09-03-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 7877258)
LMAO what a great photo! HAHAHA

Make you fun of her but I like her attitude, I bet she is a freak in the sack.
My apologies to the moderators for following this off thread line of posts, I just
wanted to add my thoughts.

CrazyPhuD 09-03-2011 06:12 PM

It's because they have Eli Manning, how can you go wrong with one of the Manning brothers?

BoltWalt 09-03-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7877001)

Shoot up some more heroin and load your shotgun, it is time end your existence.

ForeverChiefs58 09-03-2011 08:39 PM

http://i54.tinypic.com/313taib.jpg

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QARNEhpTA0M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QARNEhpTA0M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Bowser 09-03-2011 08:41 PM

http://www.allfunnyfaces.com/pictures/Philip_Rivers.jpg

milkman 09-03-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7877247)
Phillip Rivers is a choker. Nuff said.

Please elaborate.

I haven't had a good laugh today, and your dumb ass is almost always good for one.

BoltWalt 09-03-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7877186)
Because most knowledgeable NFL realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division. Also the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7877198)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7877204)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7877217)

I don't think I could have said It better myself, well actually I did say it better in my first edit which was after DaFace posted his mocking post. Sorry about my initial double posting, my computer kept freezing and I could not check that it had posted until after I did a restart.

At least Daface and listopencil and SNR are the first three posts on this board that I have seen to get Philip Rivers first name spelled right. That is right, Philip with one "l". Actually now that I think about it most of the Bolt fans posting here get the name spelled correctly.

Gadzooks 09-03-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7877236)

The Chargers added talent on a 3 levels of their defense.
First round pick, Lee-git, has been a beast in the preseason and looks like a great fit on the D-Line.
Spikes was added at LB to coach up the youngsters.
'Lil Bobby Sanders was added in the backfield.

Their #1 D ranking last year was based on smoke and mirrors. This year they will be far more impressive.

BTW - Rivers is not a whiney bitch.:cuss:

RealSNR 09-03-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltWalt (Post 7877715)
I don't think I could have said It better myself, well actually I did say it better in my first edit which was after DaFace posted his mocking post. Sorry about my initial double posting, my computer kept freezing and I could not check that it had posted until after I did a restart.

At least Daface and listopencil are the first two posts on this board that I have seen to get Philip Rivers first name spelled right. That is right, Philip with one "l".

You're forgetting mine :harumph:

I'm very particular about getting player name spellings right

Psyko Tek 09-03-2011 09:23 PM

my guess
the talking heads that pick that only know east coast teams, dallas, green bay and san deigo
the rest is unimportant

milkman 09-03-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 7877723)
The Chargers added talent on a 3 levels of their defense.
First round pick, Lee-git, has been a beast in the preseason and looks like a great fit on the D-Line.
Spikes was added at LB to coach up the youngsters.
'Lil Bobby Sanders was added in the backfield.

Their #1 D ranking last year was based on smoke and mirrors. This year they will be far more impressive.

Until Greg Manusky shows he isn't a downgrade for Rvera, I won't assume that defense is going ot be as good.

Ron Rivera was one of the very best DCs in the game.

BoltWalt 09-03-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7877733)
You're forgetting mine :harumph:

I'm very particular about getting player name spellings right

I went back and fixed it. Check it out. Click on the (>) and go see that I added your first post where you correctly spelled Philip:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltWalt (Post 7877715)

At least Daface and listopencil and SNR are the first three posts on this board that I have seen to get Philip Rivers first name spelled right. That is right, Philip with one "l". Actually now that I think about it most of the Bolt fans posting here get the name spelled correctly.

ForeverChiefs58 09-03-2011 09:52 PM

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/.../16ke3px-2.gif

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/...n69/ngoq50.gif

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YoKAcVL_phI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RedThat 09-03-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7877676)
Please elaborate.

I haven't had a good laugh today, and your dumb ass is almost always good for one.

Well, let me say I am glad I can amuse you.

Okay, here is my thoughts. The guy is good if you want him as one of your fantasy quarterbacks. Very productive year in and year out, but, I don't like him because he chokes in big games. He is not good when it comes to leading his team to comeback late in a game. The guy is just bad in clutch situations and his teams always get off to bad starts.

Plus, he always gets hyper and pissed off. And i don't like seeing a quarterback express to much fury and frustration. I'd rather have my qb be the opposite. Be collective, relaxed, calm and cool as a cat. Much like Joe Montana.

You see, Joe Montana has it to perform under pressure because he has the presonality traits that enable him to do so. Rivers on the other hand, does not.

BIG K 09-03-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7877752)
Until Greg Manusky shows he isn't a downgrade for Rvera, I won't assume that defense is going ot be as good.

Ron Rivera was one of the very best DCs in the game.

Wow! Two spelling errors in one post. Are you drinking tonight?:p

Good point nonetheless...

BIG K 09-03-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 7877723)

He is a whiney bitch but, I would take him over what we have in a heart beat. That is if Haley could bitch slap the nancy boy out of him...

;)

milkman 09-03-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 7877801)
Wow! Two spelling errors in one post. Are you drinking tonight?:p

Good point nonetheless...

Eh....typos.

I actually do have a lot of typos, I generally go back and edit them, but decided, screw it this time.

I'm a pecker.

No, no, no, not that kind of pecker.

milkman 09-03-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7877793)

Okay, here is my thoughts. The guy is good if you want him as one of your fantasy quarterbacks. Very productive year in and year out, but, I don't like him because he chokes in big games. He is not good when it comes to leading his team to comeback late in a game. The guy is just bad in clutch situations and his teams always get off to bad starts.

Plus, he always gets hyper and pissed off. And i don't like seeing a quarterback express to much fury and frustration. I'd rather have my qb be the opposite. Be collective, relaxed, calm and cool as a cat. Much like Joe Montana.

You see, Joe Montana has it to perform under pressure because he has the presonality traits that enable him to do so. Rivers on the other hand, does not.

You do realize that some of the greateste were of all time were very vocal.

Lenny "The Cool" was actually notorious for being vocal and expressive.

Rivers has played some good football in the playoffs, and showed he's a tough SOB as well.

That team has lost because of poor coaching, not because of Rivers.

BIG K 09-03-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7877807)
Eh....typos.

I actually do have a lot of typos, I generally go back and edit them, but decided, screw it this time.

I'm a pecker.

No, no, no, not that kind of pecker.

It's just so out of character for you, thought it was funny. Been out of the loop for a while, what is your thoughts on the o-line after the cuts? In particular, BRich. I know you have studied his progress....I was not able to see a single preseason game due to work...

milkman 09-03-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 7877810)
It's just so out of character for you, thought it was funny. Been out of the loop for a while, what is your thoughts on the o-line after the cuts? In particular, BRich. I know you have studied his progress....I was not able to see a single preseason game due to work...

Richardson has completely lost all focus and regressed so much that I just don't know how the Chiefs can move forward with him.

Ace Gunner 09-03-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 7876763)
What, my friends, is so damn impressive about the San Diego Chargers?

I'd say the question is (and has been) what is so impressive about the KC Chiefs?

That Charger offense is running on all cylinders right now. I can't stand Rivers, but he is a top 3 QB right now. The Chargers won't start slow this year. You will find out what is so impressive in less than 22 days. If the Chiefs beat them that day, they will have played their best game in years because the Chargers are going to be ready to hand over a massive beatdown. Again.

BIG K 09-03-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7877817)
Richardson has completely lost all focus and regressed so much that I just don't know how the Chiefs can move forward with him.

That's too bad, I thought he showed progress and hope last year. I was hoping he would eventually blossom.
Perhaps, if Gaither can get the sand out of his mangina, he can take over at RT.

richpjr 09-03-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

This didn't seem right to me and since I am bored tonight, I looked this up. Rivers has 12 4th quarter comebacks so far in his career, tied for the 21st most in the NFL in the past 50 years. Here are the players ahead of him.

Rk Player Count
1 Ben Roethlisberger 19
2 Peyton Manning 18
3 John Elway 17
4 Tom Brady 16
5 Jake Plummer 16
6 Drew Bledsoe 15
7 Bernie Kosar 15
8 Steve Bartkowski 14
9 Jim Kelly 14
10 Eli Manning 14
11 Jay Schroeder 14
12 Brian Sipe 1974 14
13 Mark Brunell 13
14 Marc Bulger 13
15 Randall Cunningham 13
16 Jake Delhomme 13
17 Boomer Esiason 13
18 Jon Kitna 13
19 Dan Marino 13
20 Doug Williams 13
21 Philip Rivers 12

Mama Hip Rockets 09-03-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7877790)
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/.../16ke3px-2.gif

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/...n69/ngoq50.gif

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YoKAcVL_phI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

He's not a whiny bitch, he's just "competitive."

Mama Hip Rockets 09-03-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

You are exactly right. I don't know why this is so hard for everybody to understand. He's a great fantasy QB but not much else. He has been borderline awful in the postseason. Career playoff numbers: 7 games, 8 TD, 9 INT.

Psyko Tek 09-03-2011 11:52 PM

numbers?
maybe
winning ?
NO

richpjr 09-03-2011 11:53 PM

You guys are nuts. Whether he is top 3 or top 7 is in the noise - everyone here would be doing cartwheels if played for KC instead of SD.

RealSNR 09-03-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 7877878)
ROFL

He's not a whiny bitch, he's just "competitive."

Either that or he's unleashing some of that frustration of not being able to spread his seed around. At all.

I mean, I assume he doesn't masturbate

RealSNR 09-03-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richpjr (Post 7877885)
You guys are nuts. Whether he is top 3 or top 7 is in the noise - everyone here would be doing cartwheels if played for KC instead of SD.

You got that ****ing right.

Besides, it's safe to assume that all-pro QB = douche. It comes with the territory. Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger... all of them douches.

If KC ever drafts a franchise QB and he becomes one of the top signal callers in the NFL, you can safely assume he'll be a huge tool and a douchebag.

Mama Hip Rockets 09-03-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richpjr (Post 7877885)

I'm not questioning the fact that he is better than Matt Cassel. I'm questioning why the presence of a good fantasy football player automatically makes the Chargers one of the best teams in the NFL.

stevieray 09-04-2011 02:13 AM

kicking the football when you are losing is a no no to the football gods.

....cry me a Rivers will never wear a SB ring....just more proof that one guy doesn't win it all...regardless of what current culture would have you believe..

Pasta Little Brioni 09-04-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 7877818)
I'd say the question is (and has been) what is so impressive about the KC Chiefs?
That Charger offense is running on all cylinders right now. I can't stand Rivers, but he is a top 3 QB right now. The Chargers won't start slow this year. You will find out what is so impressive in less than 22 days. If the Chiefs beat them that day, they will have played their best game in years because the Chargers are going to be ready to hand over a massive beatdown. Again.

Charles, Bowe, Hali, DJ, Dorsey, Berry, Flowers, Carr. Pretty impressive young core right there.

whoman69 09-04-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 7877890)
I'm not questioning the fact that he is better than Matt Cassel. I'm questioning why the presence of a good fantasy football player automatically makes the Chargers one of the best teams in the NFL.

Despite the poor record last year, they led the league in both offense and defense. They just found ways to lose. While they don't have any real additions, having Vincent Jackson for the whole year and a healthy Antonio Gates makes them better. They are in the same situation as the Cowboys and Texans, everyone expects that much talent to come to the top. Norv Turner is the difference on this team. He brings the talent level down everywhere he's been.

Mama Hip Rockets 09-04-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 7878013)
Charles, Bowe, Hali, DJ, Dorsey, Berry, Flowers, Carr. Pretty impressive young core right there.

Yeah, seems like people on a Chiefs board would know that.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-04-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 7878027)
Yeah, seems like people on a Chiefs board would know that.

I'm surprised some of these guys can get out of bed in the morning and tie thier shoes, much less turn on and operate a computer.

13and3 09-04-2011 07:55 AM

The Chargers are done. People expect for them to magically fix the special teams over the offseason. People expected for them to magically fix it during the bi-week last year, and fix it in practice after every other game last year. What I saw was a team who get superbly lucky bounces a lot. Balls were bumbled, fumbled, bounced off the side of Vincent Jackson head, balls were constantly thrown to early behind check down receivers like mike Tolbert, and somehow they always made the lucky catch. It is my belief that for every lucky break you get during a game, somewhere down the line karma will set things right, like in special teams plays and fumbles. Mark my words if San Diego does get better in special teams, then they will suck at doing something else, turnovers, penalties, defense, running game, and maybe even dropped passes.

evenfall 09-04-2011 08:03 AM

They are a poorly coached team with a dearth of leadership and are never too motivated. They will always underachieve.

-King- 09-04-2011 08:23 AM

If we had Rivers, we wouldn't be asking how we're going to make the playoffs, we'd be asking how we're going to win the superbowl. I think we have more talent than the chargers and by far better coaching. He'd be better here than he is in San Diego.
Posted via Mobile Device

13and3 09-04-2011 08:27 AM

One of the great football clichés is "if you are not getting better than you are getting worse". I wonder were the Chiefs and Chargers fallout in this line of logic.

PRIEST 09-04-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Rivers is a beast :deevee:I want a rivers

Ace Gunner 09-04-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 7878013)

Agreed, but I note you didn't mention an OL player. I wouldn't either. The OL looks like another season of 3 or 4 man OL with one or two pedestrians. They were getting clobbered up the middle all pre season long. Coaches can help the OT's using TE's etc, but other than from FB/HB, those interior players have to play stout else this team won't run well on 3rd/short for another season.

I kind of wish they would have brought Gurode in at center. He knows this offense having played in it during his first seasons under Parcells. He's recovering, but if they have him and can get him going by november, that stretch where the Chiefs play the class of the NFL might work out better. Maybe they are waiting for the first week to go by..

I do like that core of players on your list. Charles and Hali are badasses, the rest have some lights - out football stretches to establish before I crown them badass. I expect they will, I especially like Eric Berry. I fully expect Berry to be one of those game - takover players. What an athlete. Smart and tough. Sticks his head in there during runs, I like him a lot. Belcher is another player I consider core. He's another guy that is a good athlete and sticks his head in those run plays. With the improvement of players in front of him this season, I expect Belcher to strike more. He had those 2 sacks during the playoff game and some key tackles. But the way he got those sacks was impressive to me. He wasn't on a blitz. He was playing his gap and when the lane opened up to the QB with the ball 10 feet in front of him, he sacked Flacco. Twice. That's smart football for an undrafted 2nd year player. I also expect DJ to step up and become a consistent leader contributor.

Al Bundy 09-04-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltWalt (Post 7877180)

I have to agree with this Bolt fan. The ST's were beyond awful last year.