ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Best Football Hit You’ll See This Week: Pussy Kid Edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252273)

OnTheWarpath15 11-07-2011 05:26 PM

The Best Football Hit You’ll See This Week: Pussy Kid Edition

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...er-20111104-ms

Quote:

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (WJBK) - A middle school football player is suffering from a broken collarbone after an incident on the practice field, but it wasn't a teammate that delivered the bone snapping blow. The drill was captured on video and shows it was a coach who hit the 13-year-old Roseville student.

"The coach decided to put on a kid's helmet, and so I was picked. It was me and two other kids were picked by the head coach. So, we had to go out there and try to tackle him," said Alex Androsuk. "The coach has seen the video and said I was faking my injury."

"He was crying and holding his shoulder real funny, and I asked him what happened. The first thing out of his mouth was Coach "Joe" hit him. Now, him crying, I had to get him to settle down to find out what actually happened," said Bernard Androsuk, Alex's father.

Androsuk, who weighs 189 pounds and 5'6" tall, is cut out of the last game of the season because of that fractured collarbone. Meanwhile, his dad is asking why an adult coach would actually don a helmet and take part in a hitting drill with twelve and 13-year-olds.

"You don't want to know my true reaction. I'm not going to say it on TV, but I'm just going to say, at the least, really disgusted with the whole thing," Bernard Androsuk told us.

FOX 2 spoke with a Roseville school athletic director. He told us that he spoke with Androsuk's father and has launched and entire investigation. The big question is whether it was unnecessary roughness.

"At this point, we're still kind of investigating, trying to see what really happened," said Major Mickens.

"[Those] coaches should've had no rights to put that helmet on and hit any kids, period," said Bernard Androsuk. "I [could] see as he hit my son, the minute he made contact, I knew my son was hurt."

Androsuk told us had his son been hit by another student and broke his collarbone, he wouldn't be as upset. It's the principal of a coach hitting his child that has him so angry. He's now thinking about contacting a lawyer to look into this.
The pussification of America continues. My freshman coach did the exact same thing to us on occasion, and didn't even bother putting on a helmet. The time I tackled him (more like stood him up) he walked away with a huge gash on the side of his head where my facemask rode up after the collision.

This ****ing kid is bigger than the coach and is wearing pads, FFS.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="500" height="415" data="http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=11212"><param value="http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=11212" name="movie"/><param value="&skin=MP1ExternalAll-MFL.swf&embed=true&adSizeArray=300x240,,&adSrc=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fadx%2Ftsg%2Ewjb k%2Fnews%2Fmetro%2Fdetail%3Bdcmt%3Dtext%2Fxml%3Bpos%3D%3Btile%3D2%3Bfname%3Dvideo%2Dcoach%2Ddelivers %2Dbone%2Dsnapping%2Dhit%2Don%2Dteen%2Dfootball%2Dplayer%2D20111104%2Dms%3Bloc%3Dembed%3Bsz%3D320x24 0%3Bord%3D892629317523349500%3Frand%3D0%2E30643659064478798&flv=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxdetroit%2Eco m%2Ffeeds%2FoutboundFeed%3FobfType%3DVIDEO%5FPLAYER%5FSMIL%5FFEED%26componentId%3D136231533&img=http %3A%2F%2Fmedia2%2Emyfoxdetroit%2Ecom%2F%2Fphoto%2F2011%2F11%2F04%2FFOOTBALL%2DDRILL%5FMyFoxDetroit%5 FMaster%5F1%5Ftmb0000%5F20111104195915%5F640%5F480%2EJPG&story=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxdetroit%2Ecom %2Fdpp%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fvideo%2Dcoach%2Ddelivers%2Dbone%2Dsnapping%2Dhit%2Don%2Dteen%2Dfootball%2Dpl ayer%2D20111104%2Dms&category=news&title=FOOTBALL%2DDRILL%2Emov&oacct=foximfoximwjbk,foximglobal&ovn s=foxinteractivemedia&headline=Video%3A%20Coach%20Delivers%20Bone%20Snapping%20Hit%20on%20Middle%20S chool%20Football%20Player" name="FlashVars"/><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"/><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"/></object><p style="width:500px"><a href="http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/video-coach-delivers-bone-snapping-hit-on-teen-football-player-20111104-ms">Video: Coach Delivers Bone Snapping Hit on Middle School Football Player: MyFoxDETROIT.com</a></p>

-King- 11-07-2011 05:28 PM

That just might be the most reeruned thing I've ever seen a coach do. That's just a stupid drill. He should get fired just on the basis of stupidity.

jettio 11-07-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8090066)
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...er-20111104-ms

The pussification of America continues. My freshman coach did the exact same thing to us on occasion, and didn't even bother putting on a helmet. The time I tackled him (more like stood him up) he walked away with a huge gash on the side of his head where my facemask rode up after the collision.

What is your point about the size of the kid and wearing pads?

Are you questioning whether or not the 13 y/o has a broken collarbone?

If the kid volunteered to be first up and then went crying to daddy because he got run over and suffered no injury then maybe you might have a point in calling the kid whatever name you want to call him.

But the fact that the kid suffered a broken bone because the coach was playing grabass, means that the coach rolled the dice for a few laughs and the dice say that the coach is a dumbazz who deserves to get in trouble.

crazycoffey 11-07-2011 06:55 PM

Can't see it for some reason. Did the coach hit him with a fist, or manner that would be inappropriate for a game?

OnTheWarpath15 11-07-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8090290)
Can't see it for some reason. Did the coach hit him with a fist, or manner that would be inappropriate for a game?

No.

Kinda Oklahoma Drill-ish.

Coach was the ball carrier and picked this kid to tackle him.

DeezNutz 11-07-2011 07:00 PM

Expected a Chiefs clip from Sunday's game.

Titty Meat 11-07-2011 07:00 PM

Video isn't working for me but wow what a ****tard.

OnTheWarpath15 11-07-2011 07:03 PM

I tried to update the video, it's working for me.

Sofa King 11-07-2011 07:11 PM

Can't get the video to work.

So i have no comment.

OTWP sucks. (ok, 1 comment)

KChiefer 11-07-2011 07:29 PM

If you follow the link below the embedded, you can see the vid.

If the coach wanted to make his point, he should of put pads on also as to disperse the blow he initiated.

Football's a physical sport, but kids should be proving their toughness against their peers not some one who's 30 and been involved with the sport since before these kids were born.

Sure the kid's be bigger than the coach...smarter as well.

doomy3 11-07-2011 07:30 PM

You think the kid is a pussy because he has a broken collar bone?

crazycoffey 11-07-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8090305)
Video isn't working for me but wow what a ****tard.

the kid for getting a broken bone?
or
the coach for trying to teach a game?
or
the dad for over reacting?
or
OTWP for not embedding the video properly?
or
all of the above?

-King- 11-07-2011 07:40 PM

Heres a youtube video of it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wKw1Hq0R8jo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WV 11-07-2011 07:47 PM

I would be in jail for assault if he did that to my kid. A grown man has no business doing that.

Brock 11-07-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090424)
I would be in jail for assault if he did that to my kid. A grown man has no business doing that.

What did he do? Ran into a kid wearing full pads? BFD.

Dr. Gigglepants 11-07-2011 07:55 PM

That kid looked like gymtan laundry out there trying to tackle. No wonder he broke his collarbone.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey 11-07-2011 07:57 PM

can see the you tube video.

I understand the dad's point of view to a short point. I'm a dad, and wouldn't want my kid to get hurt, ever! Of course. I wonder, though, did he see the video and see it was a drill, not malicious in anyway before he gave this interview?

To the comment "a coach should never put on a helmet and hit any kids." I have to call bs. It's a part of coaching. I remember playing football and interacting with the coach just like this. I remember playing the tennis coach and wrestling with the wrestling coaches. I've coached football and wrestling and interacted with the kids as a teaching tool, and I believe this fits in that category.

It sucks, but it's not worthy of lawsuits and angry words back and forth between school officials and parents or between posters here. Save the anger for the coach that grabs a facemask out of anger and throws a player on the ground in disgust of a poorly executed play, or puts his hands on a kid out of anger. That where the real crime would be.

WV 11-07-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8090432)
What did he do? Ran into a kid wearing full pads? BFD.

He's not wearing pads (hence more force behind his collision) and is a grown man with grown man power hitting a 13 year old kid. Men aren't allowed to don pads and hit children for a reason and that shouldn't need explained.

Valiant 11-07-2011 07:58 PM

Yeah, that happens all the time.. Adults being the runner.. Not breaking collar bones.. It was just bad luck..

The guy shouldn't of ran full speed though.. The kids might face someone his weight but not with his power..

Iconic 11-07-2011 08:03 PM

There are two perspectives here: One a distraught guardian and the other a enlightened instructor. It's hard to criticize either one for their asumptions but I do think the kid is a frail little shit and shouldn't be allowed within spitting distance of a football field. Stick to drama club you big pussy.

Braincase 11-07-2011 08:39 PM

In every football practice in America, kids are coached not to try and tackle high. If the kid had ever listened to his coaches and took him out thigh high, this would never have come to fruition. Yeah, the coach is a man, and stronger, etc., but the kid used poor technique.

Brock 11-07-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090453)
He's not wearing pads (hence more force behind his collision) and is a grown man with grown man power hitting a 13 year old kid. Men aren't allowed to don pads and hit children for a reason and that shouldn't need explained.

Our coaches often jumped in to show how to do things. This isn't anything unusual. "More force behind his collision" LOL physics fail.

Fritz88 11-07-2011 08:55 PM

Poop Raj FTW

Ming the Merciless 11-07-2011 09:09 PM

There is nothing unusual here.....to me...At least growing up..wrestling, boxing, martial arts, baseball, ...etc....all had a degree of "coach-player" interaction....

This was a freak accident...and the parents are probably just looking for a settlement.

This is why we can't have nice things.....people get hurt playing a rough game and want to blame someone or get paid...

Pretty soon there will be no school sports, its sad and pathetic....

I can understand being angry / upset that your kids collar bone is broken, but then dont sign him up for football if you are going to get all THAT irate about it..

aturnis 11-07-2011 09:09 PM

Embeded video doesn't work, but click the link and it should work on their site. Also, Warpath, there is not way in hell that kid is anywhere near the size of the coach. Kid only weights 186. Looks like he may have hit the kid just inside the collar of his pads giving the kid no protection. Wouldn't have been a problem if the coach had also been wearing shoulder pads, but as it was, his shoulder was able to exert all of his force into one small area.

crazycoffey 11-07-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8090691)
Embeded video doesn't work, but click the link and it should work on their site. Also, Warpath, there is not way in hell that kid is anywhere near the size of the coach. Kid only weights 186. Looks like he may have hit the kid just inside the collar of his pads giving the kid no protection. Wouldn't have been a problem if the coach had also been wearing shoulder pads, but as it was, his shoulder was able to exert all of his force into one small area.

Hindsight is always 20/20. But, I call again on this question; do you think it was malicious or even a lapse in judgement on the part of the coach?

WV 11-07-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8090592)
Our coaches often jumped in to show how to do things. This isn't anything unusual. "More force behind his collision" LOL physics fail.

Running full bore at a 13 year old kid is not jumping in there to show them how to do things. And how is it a physics fail? His bare shoulder that would normally have pads on it to disperse the hit and lessen the impact....I think it's more of a comprehension fail on your part...LOL...jackass. Let me make it easier to understand for you. Let me smack you with a brick in the head, then I'll wrap the brick in foam and padding then hit you again, which would you prefer??

Brock 11-07-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090819)
How is it a physics fail? His bare shoulder that would normally have pads on it to disperse the hit and lessen the impact....I think it's more of a comprehension fail on your part...LOL...jackass.

You must be raising some pussies if you think that's something you need to get involved in.

WV 11-07-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8090825)
You must be raising some pussies if you think that's something you need to get involved in.

I hope you've never reproduced at all.

Brock 11-07-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090833)
I hope you've never reproduced at all.

I find myself uninterested in what you hope. Hey, wrap your kids in bubble wrap if you want to, just don't tell me that this is an unusual thing to have happen. It happens on football fields every day.

OnTheWarpath15 11-07-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8090848)
I find myself uninterested in what you hope. Hey, wrap your kids in bubble wrap if you want to, just don't tell me that this is an unusual thing to have happen. It happens on football fields every day.

Well, minus the exploding collarbone.

WV 11-07-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8090848)

Don't be a prick and you won't get prick responses.

I'm not debating what happens on football fields everyday, but I can virtually guarantee that most parents would not be ok with a grown man donning a helmit and running tackling drills (as in running full speed and lowering his shoulders) with their 13 year old kids. Teaching the kids technique and what happened here are two different things.

Brock 11-07-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090857)

I'm not debating what happens on football fields everyday, but I can virtually guarantee that most parents would not be ok with a grown man donning a helmit and running tackling drills (as in running full speed and lowering his shoulders) with their 13 year old kids. Teaching the kids technique and what happened here are two different things.

Hey pal, you started the name calling. I can guarantee you that most parents are perfectly fine with their kids being roughly handled on a football field. If not, they wouldn't be there. It's accepted, it's the norm, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Don't like it? Get your kids on a soccer team.

Ming the Merciless 11-07-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090857)

Actually you are the one coming off like a total prick....I don't know you, never really noticed any of your posts before but just for your info, you are the one coming off like a prick...not the other way around.

You seem hostile or like you have some issues around this that might be making you a little biased or over reacting...

Football was maybe a little to rough for you? I'm just guessing...

ChiefsCountry 11-07-2011 10:15 PM

Our coaches used to hop in and do stuff like that as well, but we normally leveled their asses.

WV 11-07-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8090868)
Hey pal, you started the name calling. I can guarantee you that most parents are perfectly fine with their kids being roughly handled on a football field. If not, they wouldn't be there. It's accepted, it's the norm, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Don't like it? Get your kids on a soccer team.

My kids aren't old enough for football, but I think your wrong it's that simple. And no in your typical fashion you like to throw around your "Physics fail" and things like that insinuating others stupidity and your superiority, so no you didn't "name call" but don't try and take the high road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8090883)
Actually you are the one coming off like a total prick....I don't know you, never really noticed any of your posts before but just for your info, you are the one coming off like a prick...not the other way around.

You seem hostile or like you have some issues around this that might be making you a little biased or over reacting...

Football was maybe a little to rough for you? I'm just guessing...

And I need no opinions from you.....your reputation is enough.

Brock 11-07-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090980)
My kids aren't old enough for football, but I think your wrong it's that simple. And no in your typical fashion you like to throw around your "Physics fail" and things like that insinuating others stupidity and your superiority, so no you didn't "name call" but don't try and take the high road.

What you said was stupid, and I called you out on it. Get over it. And no, I'm not wrong. You sound like someone who never went to a football practice if you think kids don't get physically manhandled by coaches all the time.

Tribal Warfare 11-07-2011 10:37 PM

go to the website guys the video plays fine over there

OnTheWarpath15 11-07-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8091005)
go to the website guys the video plays fine over there

I'm not sure why everyone else is struggling with the video. I can watch it just fine.

Odd.

KCFalcon59 11-07-2011 10:50 PM

My high school coach jumped in a few times. He was a rb in HS and College. He was a fast sombich. We enjoyed it because we got free shots on him. It was all in fun. too bad that kid got hurt.

Ming the Merciless 11-07-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8090980)

And I need no opinions from you.....your reputation is enough.

Yep...the kind of chump who goes by others opinions....the kind who throws a fit when their kid gets in trouble at school..and obviously the kind who has a temper tantrum after he sends his kid into football practice and his kid didnt make the cut or got roughed up a lil bit.

Boo ****ing hoo, grow a pair.

Did you see the kids ENGAGED and laughing? LEarning, having fun and yet working....probably a good coach....was just a goof up....and pussies like you scream and cry "i'd assault him if it were my kid" blah blah blah...

My god the world is full of too many "do gooders"

crazycoffey 11-07-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 8091054)
My high school coach jumped in a few times. He was a rb in HS and College. He was a fast sombich. We enjoyed it because we got free shots on him. It was all in fun. too bad that kid got hurt.

how dare he, the bully.....

WV 11-07-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8090995)
What you said was stupid, and I called you out on it. Get over it. And no, I'm not wrong. You sound like someone who never went to a football practice if you think kids don't get physically manhandled by coaches all the time.

I did play football and what I said made perfect sense, just didn't meet your standards and since I don't agree with you I'm automatically wrong....whatever. Not really worth anymore time for either of us.

Fritz88 11-08-2011 03:20 AM

Tony Romo had a broken collarbone.

MoreLemonPledge 11-08-2011 03:26 AM

http://sajablogs.typepad.com/photos/...09/rooppic.jpg

Chiefs=Champions 11-08-2011 06:22 AM

Pretty much what people have already said. IF the kid used proper technique he would have been fine.

KCUnited 11-08-2011 06:23 AM

Someday when this kid is married to a fat wife, has 3 heathens of his own, is upside down on his mortgage, and attempts to live off a PE teachers income; he'll understand taking a minute out of his day to don a helmet and wreck fools like he used to back in the day.

Consistent1 11-08-2011 06:33 AM

I'm all for the toughness in football thing, that's fine. If these were high school kids the coach probably would have gotten leveled. The adult has the advantage of perhaps working out, etc. Much more experience with football, all that. Kids at that age are still working into not fearing hits, technique, etc. That guy should be done coaching kids like that. Poor choice.

blaise 11-08-2011 06:38 AM

It's dumb, just because if something does happen you're going to have parents screaming, and you might lose your job.

InChiefsHeaven 11-08-2011 06:42 AM

I coached kids for 5 years, ranging from age 8 to 12, depending on the season. Coaches never got fully involved in hitting, we would show technique at half or quarter speed, but watching this video, I don't really have a problem with what the coach did. I mean, it was obviously meant to be a fun exercise, and he didn't look like he was running full speed. But, it's a contact sport and shit can happen so if you're a coach, you don't want to have it happen on you. If it were my son, I'd say I'd be pissed, but not sure if you can really blame anyone at the end of the day. It sucks, but it's football.

InChiefsHeaven 11-08-2011 06:47 AM

But, the coach saying he was faking his injury was dumb. You have to treat every incident as if it's a real injury then go from there.

Braincase 11-08-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8091286)
But, the coach saying he was faking his injury was dumb. You have to treat every incident as if it's a real injury then go from there.

Agreed. Went back and watched it again. First kid to make contact was trying to tag coach with one of those idiotic "big hits", and made no attempt to wrap up. Had a kid this year that kept doing that the first few games... twice the kid bounced off for big gainers, one a touchdown.

Pet peeve. Wrap up.

Rausch 11-08-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8091273)
Someday when this kid is married to a fat wife, has 3 heathens of his own, is upside down on his mortgage, and attempts to live off a PE teachers income; he'll understand taking a minute out of his day to don a helmet and wreck fools like he used to back in the day.

LMAO

movinbones 11-08-2011 07:54 AM

I coach little league wrestling and last year one of our coaches broke a 12 yo's arm.

The coach weighs about 240 and he was demonstrating a move and rolled up on the kids arm... needless to say the parents were not very happy and tried making a big deal out of it.

tooge 11-08-2011 08:35 AM

Hopefully he gets that collar bone fixed. He is gonna need it to carry the tuba in band

Lono 11-08-2011 08:35 AM

I'm a HS football coach and stopped playing with the kids for this very reason. The kids loved it when one of us would strap up with them in camp. We are all too scared to anymore though. My HS coach used to do it all the time. He would run us over but every once in a while you'd get that great hit in on him and it made it all worth it. Definitely would not put on pads like that against junior high kids. Maybe work them over from the oline/dline or something, but this is just asking to get sued.

jidar 11-08-2011 08:38 AM

The coach decided to tackle kids and he broke a kids collar bone. You've got to be a ****ing idiot not to see a problem with that.
I guarantee I could break a 12 year old kids bones with every single tackle if I wanted, and if I did it would be my fault.

jspchief 11-08-2011 08:42 AM

It's clearly not malicious. If anything, the video should help, you can tell the other kids are having fun with it. The broken collarbone is a freak accident. Nothing to be outraged over IMO.

Obviously the coach is gonna learn a hard lesson about today's society.

jspchief 11-08-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar (Post 8091384)
The coach decided to tackle kids and he broke a kids collar bone. You've got to be a ****ing idiot not to see a problem with that.
I guarantee I could break a 12 year old kids bones with every single tackle if I wanted, and if I did it would be my fault.

The coach didn't tackle anyone. Feel free to watch the video before forming baseless opinions.

aturnis 11-08-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8090784)
Hindsight is always 20/20. But, I call again on this question; do you think it was malicious or even a lapse in judgement on the part of the coach?

Malicious no, lapse in judgement maybe. Most coaches kind of act out hits to show players what they want to show them, or throw a shoulder while standing still. Not take a 10yd. running start at them.

Reerun_KC 11-08-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8090066)

Your badassery knows no bounds...

Pasta Little Brioni 11-08-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar (Post 8091384)

:spock: Try watching the video first sport. He didn't "tackle" anyone. It was a "fun" drill and "Lil Jimmy" got hurt due to poor tackling form.

aturnis 11-08-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movinbones (Post 8091321)
I coach little league wrestling and last year one of our coaches broke a 12 yo's arm.

The coach weighs about 240 and he was demonstrating a move and rolled up on the kids arm... needless to say the parents were not very happy and tried making a big deal out of it.

As they should have. If he broke the kids arm, he probably went full speed. Not only is it smarter to go half or quarter speed, but more beneficial as well.

aturnis 11-08-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8091436)
:spock: Try watching the video first sport. He didn't "tackle" anyone. It was a "fun" drill and "Lil Jimmy" got hurt due to poor tackling form.

Dude threw a shoulder with a 10yd head of steam. It was well more than was necessary to get any kind of point across.

aturnis 11-08-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8091431)
Your badassery knows no bounds...

ROFL I know right...

KCUnited 11-08-2011 09:11 AM

Slowing the video down and syncing it up to Springsteen's Glory Days puts it in more perspective.

ThaVirus 11-08-2011 09:13 AM

I played back in high school and never had our coaches jump in on full contact drills. Not to say it doesn't happen, but that's just about what you'd expect these days. That kind of thing just doesn't fly anymore.. Looking at the video, they should have had big boy that was last in line, first in line. Hindsight..

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2011 09:18 AM

So a short fat ass adult coach gets a fulls head of steam and plows over a stationary 13 year old kid thus causing an broken collar bone. Yeah, no liablity there :facepalm:

Sign that guy up for a Darwin.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-08-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8091443)
Dude threw a shoulder with a 10yd head of steam. It was well more than was necessary to get any kind of point across.

I'm sure the guy will get fired for it, but it wasn't a malicious thing he did. I do agree that you can't do things like that anymore. "Back in the day" sure, but now it is asking for trouble.

stevieray 11-08-2011 09:20 AM

...anyone here want to don pads and try to tackle ...say Steven Jackson?

no?

...pussies.

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8091465)
I'm sure the guy will get fired for it, but it wasn't a malicious thing he did. I do agree that you can't do things like that anymore. "Back in the day" sure, but now it is asking for trouble.

It wasn't malicious, just moronic.

HemiEd 11-08-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8090784)

No, not at all.

The kid took the blow high, instead of delivering it himself low, like he had probably been told numerous times.

The Dad should back the coach up, tell the kid to "buck up" or he is going to be father of an X box wimp.

jidar 11-08-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8091392)
The coach didn't tackle anyone. Feel free to watch the video before forming baseless opinions.

I just did. He ran at the kid and lowered his shoulder on him. How is that not dumb for a grown man to do that? Are you telling me you guys couldn't seriously injure 13 year olds doing that? Who are the real pussies here?

KCUnited 11-08-2011 09:27 AM

Teaching my boy to play guitar, had to bite the head off of his sisters kitten cuz he wasn't playing fast enough. I'm in the dog house with the wife, but this kid is going to shred.

jidar 11-08-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8091436)

Look my son is 14 years old and a starting DT and G on the JV team.
He's 5'10" weighs 210 lbs, has been hitting the weights since he was in 7th grade, and every day I'm more impressed with how strong he's getting.
The other day he came home and bragged to me how he was one of only 3 kids on the JV squad who could bench 175lbs.

175lb max bench is pud, but I'm not going to tell my boy that of course, I'm proud of where he is because god knows I couldn't put up 175lbs at 14. That just serves to illustrate the point though , he's big and he's heavy but he's still a kid and he has a kids soft muscle mass and undeveloped body.

Now you idiots thinking these kids are adults because they look like it from the outside I can understand, but I'd be damned pissed if my coach did that and broke my kids bones because he works with kids and he should god damned know better.

Old Dog 11-08-2011 09:40 AM

Looks to me like it was a coach doing what countless other coaches have done. Sadly enough in todays "I'm gonna sue" society the coach could well lose his job.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-08-2011 10:21 AM

watching him try to go all Bobby Boucher was comical. What a meathead loser.

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8091506)
Looks to me like it was a coach doing what countless other coaches have done. Sadly enough in todays "I'm gonna sue" society the coach could well lose his job.

So if a coach is throwing 85MPH fastballs to 13 year old kids in BP and injures one you don't feel he should be liable?

tooge 11-08-2011 10:56 AM

imagine the damage to his shouler and collar bone had this happened in mid air

OnTheWarpath15 11-08-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8091657)
imagine the damage to his shouler and collar bone had this happened in mid air

ROFL