ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Verizon Wireless to Charge Customers to Pay Their Bills (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254323)

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 04:34 PM

Verizon Wireless to Charge Customers to Pay Their Bills

Every time you sign a new contract for that latest greatest phone you open yourself up to be treated the way they want to treat you.Keep letting these bums milk you people.... Go to a contract free phone and fire these losers...

Quote:

Verizon Wireless has just announced a plan that can't make its customers happy.
The nation’s largest wireless service provider will now charge its 100 million-plus customers a $2 “convenience fee” for all one-time bill payments made online or by telephone, starting Jan. 15.
“The fee will help allow us to continue to support these single bill payment options in these channels and is designed to address costs incurred by us for only those customers who choose to make single bill payments in alternate payment channels (online, mobile, telephone).”
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...83492220111229

Stanley Nickels 12-29-2011 04:35 PM

Does it cost them $2 per customer, per month, to run the online/phone payment system for a month? If so, I can understand it, even if their plans are already a ripoff. If not, goodbye Verizon.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8243860)
Does it cost them $2 per customer, per month, to run the online/phone payment system for a month? If so, I can understand it, even if their plans are already a ripoff. If not, goodbye Verizon.

I had a 22% FEDEX discount with them and it was still stupid high...
Contracts need to go on phone service but that's how they prey on poor people and keep the money flowing.

Saulbadguy 12-29-2011 04:40 PM

Only dumbasses and poor people pay that way.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8243860)

Oh, they have 100 million + customers say half of them pay online = 100 million bucks + per month...

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8243872)
Only dumbasses and poor people pay that way.

What do you suggest? Mail it in ?

Saulbadguy 12-29-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8243879)
What do you suggest? Mail it in ?

Auto pay.

sedated 12-29-2011 04:43 PM

I had no idea processing my payment was so "inconvenient" for them.

So this fee doesn’t apply for mailing in payment?

Or is this just a ploy to force people to automate their payments, letting Verizon sneak in extra charges?

RockChalk 12-29-2011 04:44 PM

I can't recall and I'm too lazy to dig through a bunch of threads, but what do you do for a living R8ers? (I ask this because I don't know and am curious)

sedated 12-29-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8243881)
Auto pay.

And Verizon doesn’t offer unlimited data, so they are charging your card $2 per MB if you go over. Good luck getting that back once its paid for.

Saulbadguy 12-29-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8243888)
And Verizon doesn’t offer unlimited data, so they are charging your card $2 per MB if you go over. Good luck getting that back once its paid for.

Solution = don't be a dumbass and go over your data cap

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8243886)
I can't recall and I'm too lazy to dig through a bunch of threads, but what do you do for a living R8ers? (I ask this because I don't know and am curious)

Fedex Tractor Trailer driver

Gonzo 12-29-2011 04:48 PM

Sprint, Verizon, AT&T... They're all a bunch of crooked asswipes. 70-120 bucks a month for a phone and plan that costs them around 10 bucks a month to operate. They're as crooked as big oil.
Posted via Mobile Device

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 04:48 PM

Solution for me is get a Nokia e71 from straight talk on craigslist activate it and then find an ATT android phone/unlock it and use the sim card...

Premium phone on straight talk for 45 bucks a month

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8243888)

Ever wonder why they push you to watch games on your phone?
Video uses huge chunks of data and it's all win for them.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 04:51 PM

Oh if you know how to jailbreak an ATT Iphone you can use it on straight talk as well..
Also there is a new to me company called simple mobile that sells just sim card, you bring your own gsm phone

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8243881)
Auto pay.

This is why it's BS though, if you set up auto pay with a credit card you are exempt from the fees but why would it be cheaper to process that transaction instead of a normal online cc transaction?

Top 12-29-2011 05:01 PM

Only dumbasses setup autopay to a Cell phone company. Letting them have free reign to your bank account.

Saulbadguy 12-29-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top (Post 8243933)
Only dumbasses setup autopay to a Cell phone company. Letting them have free reign to your bank account.

lol, dumbass. Credit Card.

Saulbadguy 12-29-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8243915)
This is why it's BS though, if you set up auto pay with a credit card you are exempt from the fees but why would it be cheaper to process that transaction instead of a normal online cc transaction?

Probably because people like you will try and contest the bill and be generally bitchy about it.

BossChief 12-29-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8243905)
Oh if you know how to jailbreak an ATT Iphone you can use it on straight talk as well..
Also there is a new to me company called simple mobile that sells just sim card, you bring your own gsm phone

I had to unlock and jailbreak my iPhone 3Gs for OT to work with IWireless that costs me 50 bucks a month for unlimited talk text and web. IWireless is owned by tmobile, so most of the time I am on tmobile towers.

I can even tether my iPhone to my computer via Bluetooth and use it as a mobile hotspot.

You can do it with iPhone 4 also, but you have to cut down the sim card to fit because they went to a smaller sim card with the 4...but with a 3Gs you can't get full 3G Internet where you can with a 4 because it was made to work with other suppliers 3G source and the 3Gs was basically made for atnt.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8243944)
I had to unlock and jailbreak my iPhone 3Gs for OT to work with IWireless that costs me 50 bucks a month for unlimited talk text and web. IWireless is owned by tmobile, so most of the time I am on tmobile towers.

I can even tether my iPhone to my computer via Bluetooth and use it as a mobile hotspot.

You can do it with iPhone 4 also, but you have to cut down the sim card to fit because they went to a smaller sim card with the 4...but with a 3Gs you can't get full 3G Internet where you can with a 4 because it was made to work with other suppliers 3G source and the 3Gs was basically made for atnt.

You can get a sim cutter but keep the part you cut in case you ever want to change you can just put a piece of tape over it to make it full size again

I have the wifes ATT Iphone 3GS on straight talk and she gets 3 g on it

BryanBusby 12-29-2011 06:07 PM

Verizon is a scam and the service was shit for me. Ended up switching to virgin mobile. Get unlimited data and text for only 25 a month.

ToxSocks 12-29-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8243935)
lol, dumbass. Credit Card.

Still dumb.

ToxSocks 12-29-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8243938)
Probably because people like you will try and contest the bill and be generally bitchy about it.

And it usually works, because they usually manage to **** it up.

RockChalk 12-29-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8243892)
Fedex Tractor Trailer driver

Thanks. And I'm by no means judging what you do because I have a lot of respect for over the road truckers.

But based on your intricate "knowledge" of banking, finances, money, and just plain ole living in general, I would expect you to be a CEO of a Fortune 500 Company. You talk (type) with your nose up in the air to everyone on here and inform us of your superior ways and expertise. Why are you wasting such knowledge on driving a truck when you could be changing the economy?

Brock 12-29-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8244203)
Thanks. And I'm by no means judging what you do because I have a lot of respect for over the road truckers.

But based on your intricate "knowledge" of banking, finances, money, and just plain ole living in general, I would expect you to be a CEO of a Fortune 500 Company. You talk (type) with your nose up in the air to everyone on here and inform us of your superior ways and expertise. Why are you wasting such knowledge on driving a truck when you could be changing the economy?

He lives in a trailer.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8244203)

I am a simple man dude, I have money because I don't piss it away and get value for my dollar, I have other sources of income besides Fedex... and this is the reason I don't have to work much (that and being high on the seniority list)

None of the stuff I believe needs much knowledge just common sense...

I seriously enjoy what I do and I could never be cooped up in an office, I am not rich by no means but I live well within my lifestyle and means we are very happy.

I am an average guy that went to the school of hard knocks that knows what is worthy of spending money on and what is a ripoff....

I don't knock any mans lifestyle, thats his choice, I just like to see people rely on themselves and not others in life.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8244213)
He lives in a trailer.

I have before... But it was mine

Garcia Bronco 12-29-2011 08:07 PM

What they should do is eliminate operator payments over the phone. But that would eliminate jobs. Most likely union jobs.

RockChalk 12-29-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8244260)
I am a simple man dude, I have money because I don't piss it away and get value for my dollar, I have other sources of income besides Fedex... and this is the reason I don't have to work much (that and being high on the seniority list)

I seriously enjoy what I do and I could never be cooped up in an office, I am not rich by no means but I live well within my lifestyle and means we are very happy.

I am an average guy that went to the school of hard knocks that knows what is worthy of spending money on and what is a ripoff....

I don't knock any mans lifestyle, thats his choice, I just like to see people rely on themselves and not others in life.

OK.

Just seems like you think your way is the only way to get through life successfully. If you truly believe what you just said there, you could do a better job demonstrating that to the board. Hell, maybe you just enjoy trolling some of the posters though.

notorious 12-29-2011 08:11 PM

Umm, just about every company charges a fee for service like that.

Black Hills Energy charged me $3 when I had to do a phone payment because my card had expired.

Brock 12-29-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8244266)
I have before... But it was mine

You do. Don't care if it's paid for, it's a depreciating asset.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8244275)
OK.

Just seems like you think your way is the only way to get through life successfully. If you truly believe what you just said there, you could do a better job demonstrating that to the board. Hell, maybe you just enjoy trolling some of the posters though.

I enjoy trolling....

But I also enjoy seeing people get ahead and have more disposable income to spend on their loved ones, I am 45 years old, I have seen alot of shit already in my life, I have watched alot of marriages destroyed over money. But yes I do have a large amount of cash, but it was not inherited or won in a lottery, it was all earned...

Now you are going to ask why I work and I will tell you it's because of the cheap insurance.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8244290)
You do. Don't care if it's paid for, it's a depreciating asset.

Sure was but when I bought a new house, I sold it for the balance owed, the payments were 179.99 per month for a 14x70 brand new mobile home... This was a long time ago though

You couldn't rent that cheap so it was basically a wash

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8244274)
What they should do is eliminate operator payments over the phone. But that would eliminate jobs. Most likely union jobs.

Screw Unions

Dartgod 12-29-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8244260)

And then he became a Raiders fan and ****ed it all up.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8244342)
And then he became a Raiders fan and ****ed it all up.

If it's any consolation I think that if there were no such thing as the Raiders, I would probably be a Cheaps fan....

Dartgod 12-29-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8244348)
If it's any consolation I think that if there were no such thing as the Raiders, I would probably be a Cheaps fan....

This is not going to help your campaign for DotY.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8244351)
This is not going to help your campaign for DotY.

I have enough here that hate me to win that hands down

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 08:54 PM

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9476/64365110.jpg

hometeam 12-29-2011 09:02 PM

I have been dissatisfied with verizon for a while now, my contract is up in october. BUH BYE

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8244396)
I have been dissatisfied with verizon for a while now, my contract is up in october. BUH BYE

Good for you... Hope you stick to it, don't let them sucker you into the latest greatest :thumb:

Saulbadguy 12-29-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8244041)
Still dumb.

Why is it dumb? If they **** up the bill, I will just get an adjustment on the next bill, or the $$$ refunded back to the card. The credit card bill isn't due for a month afterwards anyways.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8244404)
Why is it dumb? If they **** up the bill, I will just get an adjustment on the next bill, or the $$$ refunded back to the card. The credit card bill isn't due for a month afterwards anyways.

If you pay that credit card off every month that is good.

Hey if you are happy with Verizon, so be it, there seems to be 100 million just like you, I just think they are a rip

Saulbadguy 12-29-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8244416)
If you pay that credit card off every month that is good.

Well, no shit.

Hell, I even see what they are going to charge my credit card several days ahead of when the card is actually charged, so there is time to dispute the bill if needed.

I don't understand why people just don't setup auto-pay to avoid having to remember to logon and pay bills...and now, a $2 service fee.

R8RFAN 12-29-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8244424)
Well, no shit.

Thats good son.... :thumb:

munkey 12-30-2011 08:23 AM

Their simply covering the costs associated with accepting CREDIT CARDS if you want to use it to pay your bill. Just go with an E-Check and instead...that costs 0.00

Saulbadguy 12-30-2011 08:26 AM

About 10 years ago I did account support for Verizon wireless. 50% of my calls were "how do I use my voicemail", and the other 50% were morons who were either trying to lie to me about their bill, or too stupid to understand their bill.

petegz28 12-30-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8243898)
Sprint, Verizon, AT&T... They're all a bunch of crooked asswipes. 70-120 bucks a month for a phone and plan that costs them around 10 bucks a month to operate. They're as crooked as big oil.
Posted via Mobile Device

There ain't no poor executives at any of those companies. That you can be sure of.

R8RFAN 12-30-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8245067)
About 10 years ago I did account support for Verizon wireless. 50% of my calls were "how do I use my voicemail", and the other 50% were morons who were either trying to lie to me about their bill, or too stupid to understand their bill.

Did you sit in one of those little cubicles with a madonna headset on?

Saulbadguy 12-30-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8245080)
Did you sit in one of those little cubicles with a madonna headset on?

It wasn't really a cube. A cube would have at least 3 walls. It was more like a long table, with dividers so I wasn't terribly distracted by my co-workers, but when it was slow, I could chat with them.

I quit after a few months, it sucked taint.

Buehler445 12-30-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8245067)

LOL Nice.

R8RFAN 12-30-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8245086)
It wasn't really a cube. A cube would have at least 3 walls. It was more like a long table, with dividers so I wasn't terribly distracted by my co-workers, but when it was slow, I could chat with them.

I quit after a few months, it sucked taint.

That would be a suckass job, I can imagine all the old folks trying to learn how to work the phone...

Saulbadguy 12-30-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8245090)
That would be a suckass job, I can imagine all the old folks trying to learn how to work the phone...

What's worse is that we only did support for the NE region of the US. 3 separate regions: NYC, Philadelphia, and "New England".

Philly customers were by far the biggest assholes.

It was better than manual labor though...

Buehler445 12-30-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8245093)
What's worse is that we only did support for the NE region of the US. 3 separate regions: NYC, Philadelphia, and "New England".

Philly customers were by far the biggest assholes.

It was better than manual labor though...

Yeah. I haven't done a hell of a lot of call center work, but when I was in college I got a full time job in the distance education office and during the first few days of enrollment, I took a lot of enrollment calls. It is appalling that even degree seeking students that one would think would be reasonably intelligent humans are just dumbass sacks of worthless.

Johnny Vegas 12-30-2011 09:12 AM

huh I guess I lucked out with unlimited data when I got my iPhone from Verizon. This won't affect me so I guess I'm not mad.

Bob Dole 12-30-2011 11:10 AM

The local utility companies here have done that for years. Which is especially obnoxious when the gas and electric companies have no local office where you can pay in person.
Posted via Mobile Device

durtyrute 12-30-2011 11:49 AM

END THE CELLPHONE MADNESS.

It's the only way

Saulbadguy 12-30-2011 02:27 PM

Sounds like they are scrapping this plan.

R8RFAN 12-30-2011 02:53 PM

Yup

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2011/dec/2.../bit.ly/rVMviY

Still too damn high though

Bump 12-30-2011 03:16 PM

They will still get their $2, don't you worry. It just won't be public this time.

bobbything 12-30-2011 03:27 PM

This $2 is to cover their merchant fees. In my opinion, that's just the cost of doing business. If I had to pay 2% of my total bill every time I used my debit/credit card, I'd carry cash everywhere.

I have Verizon and hate them. Their coverage sucks in my area and my bill is about 20% higher than it was with AT&T.

R8RFAN 02-12-2012 09:14 AM

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but if anyone has a GSM phone that is unlocked or jailbroken, you can now buy a sim from Straight talk (straighttalksim.com) and for 45 bucks a month you will have unlimited everything for your smart phone.

Raiderhater 02-12-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 8245149)
huh I guess I lucked out with unlimited data when I got my iPhone from Verizon. This won't affect me so I guess I'm not mad.

Luck has nothing to do with it. The data plan that is required to be purchased with any smart phone is unlimited data and email for $29.99.

If your paying for going over your data allotment with verizon it is because you are not using a smart phone.

L.A. Chieffan 02-12-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8367489)
Luck has nothing to do with it. The data plan that is required to be purchased with any smart phone is unlimited data and email for $29.99.

If your paying for going over your data allotment with verizon it is because you are not using a smart phone.

Negative. Cancel that.

Raiderhater 02-12-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8367576)
Negative. Cancel that.

That is the way the data plan was explained to me when I got my first smart phone. And you go on their website and look at data plans there is one specific for smart phones that clearly states unlimited. I've gone back and looked at my bills and have yet to find once where I was charged extra for going over on data. And I use data more than minutes or text.

I don't know what they are doing to fuck you over, but I'd address it with them at once.

Garcia Bronco 02-12-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8243856)
Every time you sign a new contract for that latest greatest phone you open yourself up to be treated the way they want to treat you.Keep letting these bums milk you people.... Go to a contract free phone and fire these losers...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...83492220111229

LOL...the costs incurred.

R8RFAN 02-12-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8367603)
LOL...the costs incurred.

No it's called subsidizing a phone for the purpose of locking people in a contract.

If you like being a sheep then that's your option... If you can't afford to buy a phone without a contract, you probably should not be getting that phone...

J Diddy 02-12-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8367442)
Didn't want to start a new thread for this but if anyone has a GSM phone that is unlocked or jailbroken, you can now buy a sim from Straight talk (straighttalksim.com) and for 45 bucks a month you will have unlimited everything for your smart phone.

I've got an unlimited no contract plan with tmobile and I use the samsung dart smartphone. $50 a month and I don't even have to jailbreak my phone to tether as mobile wifi is included.

R8RFAN 02-12-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8367668)
I've got an unlimited no contract plan with tmobile and I use the samsung dart smartphone. $50 a month and I don't even have to jailbreak my phone to tether as mobile wifi is included.

Any plan is good that does not include a contract.....

Chiefshrink 02-12-2012 12:52 PM

Did you know that all of us regardless of what carrier we use pay the cell ph bill for 'parasites on welfare':roll eyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/washington-foo...202500656.html

Also we buy them a phone as well.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Safelink/

R8RFAN 02-12-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 8367674)
Did you know that all of us regardless of what carrier we use pay the cell ph bill for 'parasites on welfare':roll eyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/washington-foo...202500656.html

Also we buy them a phone as well.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Safelink/

I saw this.... gotta love it

jspchief 02-12-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8367661)
No it's called subsidizing a phone for the purpose of locking people in a contract.

If you like being a sheep then that's your option... If you can't afford to buy a phone without a contract, you probably should not be getting that phone...

Breaking the contract only ends up costing you about what you saved on the phone. It's not like you're selling you soul to the devil. You save money on a phone for agreeing to keep a service you're likely to keep anyway.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-12-2012 01:09 PM

You guys remember watching Little house on the prarie. I think we should all just appreciate having the ability to communicate around the world with absolutely no effort.

007 02-12-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8367661)

Yep, I only do no contract phone plans. Net10 has been great for me as well as Virgin Mobile for my sons phone. Even the ATT GoPhones have become extremely attractive.

Saul Good 02-12-2012 02:17 PM

I'm an idiot when it comes to phones, so I would love some help. I've got Sprint and have had it for as long as I've had a phone, but my contract is up in June. I think mine is called the Galaxy. It's a smart phone with a smaller screen and a slide out keyboard.

I love having the slide out keyboard, but people swear that you get used to not having it. If I can live without the keyboard, I'm thinking about getting the iPhone.

Here's my situation:

I don't talk on my mobile phone all that much, so minutes aren't that important.

I use it for the web a ton, so I need unlimited data.

I have my wife on my plan who doesn't talk or use the web all that much.

We both text but not excessively.

I don't care as much about the monthly cost as I do the contract. In other words, I would pay more per month to not get locked into a contract, but 2 years isn't the end of the world if I have to do it in order to save $500 on a phone.

I do want a high powered phone with a nice screen and fast connection speed.

What should I do?

LiveSteam 02-12-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8244035)
Verizon is a scam and the service was shit for me. Ended up switching to virgin mobile. Get unlimited data and text for only 25 a month.

This.

munkey 02-12-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8367759)
I'm an idiot when it comes to phones, so I would love some help. I've got Sprint and have had it for as long as I've had a phone, but my contract is up in June. I think mine is called the Galaxy. It's a smart phone with a smaller screen and a slide out keyboard.

I love having the slide out keyboard, but people swear that you get used to not having it. If I can live without the keyboard, I'm thinking about getting the iPhone.

Here's my situation:

I don't talk on my mobile phone all that much, so minutes aren't that important.

I use it for the web a ton, so I need unlimited data.

I have my wife on my plan who doesn't talk or use the web all that much.

We both text but not excessively.

I don't care as much about the monthly cost as I do the contract. In other words, I would pay more per month to not get locked into a contract, but 2 years isn't the end of the world if I have to do it in order to save $500 on a phone.

I do want a high powered phone with a nice screen and fast connection speed.

What should I do?

All have different plans...I have AT&T and honestly have no complaints as the two year agreement is of no concern to me and the customer service that I've experienced has been top notch. I would call a couple providers and give them your circumstances....Just don't call verizon ;)

R8RFAN 02-12-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8367684)
Breaking the contract only ends up costing you about what you saved on the phone. It's not like you're selling you soul to the devil. You save money on a phone for agreeing to keep a service you're likely to keep anyway.

350 bucks I think it is to get out of a contract with Verizon on a smart phone