ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Congrats to you guys! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268485)

Mile High Mania 01-04-2013 02:04 PM

Congrats to you guys!

I know it hasn't been a lot of fun for you in recent years and this past season was incredibly painful, but I think that is a light at the end of your tunnel.

Removing Pioli and the coaching staff is huge - replacing them with Reid and whomever the new GM will be should be a sign of great things to come. KC has the #1 pick, a pretty solid foundation of players and a great fanbase.

I think if they play it right in FA - booting some players and replacing them wisely, then you can see great things happening fairly quickly. I don't know if that involves Geno Smith or not... how similar is he to McNabb (if at all really)? I know that Reid had a lot of success with a young and mobile pass happy McNabb, so maybe they can replicate some things they did early in PHI.

It will take some time though... but, I'm sure most of you will be pretty realistic with expectations.

Seriously - congrats and good luck. I really can't wait until the AFCW is truly competitively balanced again.

gblowfish 01-04-2013 02:05 PM

Yes, and we hope you lose in the playoffs.

Hoover 01-04-2013 02:06 PM

but, I'm sure most of you will be pretty realistic with expectations.

Yeah, Super Bowl 2014 or bust baby

Iowanian 01-04-2013 02:06 PM

Thanks.

I hope the Broncos are blown out so badly in their first playoff game that Manning retires.

Raiderhater 01-04-2013 02:06 PM

Still one of the classiest rival fans on the board.

DMAC 01-04-2013 02:06 PM

I hope they win in the playoffs.

Congrats and good luck brocnos.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-04-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9280987)

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thanks though dude! gblowfish delivers again, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Mile High Mania 01-04-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9280987)

I know you do.. :p wouldn't expect anything less.

I'm just tired of the division being puke, quite honestly.

Red Brooklyn 01-04-2013 02:08 PM

I'm all outta rep from the Pioli thread. But I'd rep you if I could, MHM. Thanks.

LOCOChief 01-04-2013 02:11 PM

I agree and like this hire as well. To be honest as a Chiefs Fan since 77 I am for the first time in my life pulling for the Broncos to win the AFC only to get trounced by the Seahags in the SB. there I said it, out of the closet.

Kaylore 01-04-2013 02:16 PM

I would like to add my congratulations as well. Reid will make things better right away and is good at developing QB's. I think the rivalry between our teams is good for the NFL. I also think there is something right about a fat guy who likes cheesesteaks coming to KC for the BBQ. Fat guys belong in KC.

DaWolf 01-04-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9280979)
I know it hasn't been a lot of fun for you in recent years and this past season was incredibly painful, but I think that is a light at the end of your tunnel.

Removing Pioli and the coaching staff is huge - replacing them with Reid and whomever the new GM will be should be a sign of great things to come. KC has the #1 pick, a pretty solid foundation of players and a great fanbase.

I think if they play it right in FA - booting some players and replacing them wisely, then you can see great things happening fairly quickly. I don't know if that involves Geno Smith or not... how similar is he to McNabb (if at all really)? I know that Reid had a lot of success with a young and mobile pass happy McNabb, so maybe they can replicate some things they did early in PHI.

It will take some time though... but, I'm sure most of you will be pretty realistic with expectations.

Seriously - congrats and good luck. I really can't wait until the AFCW is truly competitively balanced again.

Thanks. I figure you guys felt pretty much the same way once McDouchebag got canned and Elway took over...

Mile High Mania 01-04-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9281064)
Thanks. I figure you guys felt pretty much the same way once McDouchebag got canned and Elway took over...

There is no freaking doubt... granted, the hiring of John Fox left me kinda "huh, wut?" But, it's worked out well so far.

ptlyon 01-04-2013 02:19 PM

Thanks MHM! Like others have said, one of the classiest posters on this board!

Now please go catch syphilis with Peyton Manning & die. ;)

DMAC 01-04-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9281076)
There is no freaking doubt... granted, the hiring of John Fox left me kinda "huh, wut?" But, it's worked out well so far.

That's because Peyton Manning is your QB.

MahiMike 01-04-2013 02:46 PM

Yeah, the Donks are having their day right now but Manning is old and the Chiefs will now be the AFCW team of the future baby!

Hammock Parties 01-04-2013 02:46 PM

Get your ass ready for an epic ****ing.

Mile High Mania 01-04-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9281158)
That's because Peyton Manning is your QB.

Yeah, but they won a Div Title and a playoff game prior to Manning too. Manning certainly doesn't hurt and many HC's ride the great ones to great heights.

What was BB before Tom Brady? Yeah, that's what I thought too.

O.city 01-04-2013 02:47 PM

Actually, I hope the Donks stay good. It's just better that way.

The last couple years, beating each other when we both suck, are no fun.

Rasputin 01-04-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaylord (Post 9281063)
I would like to add my congratulations as well. Reid will make things better right away and is good at developing QB's. I think the rivalry between our teams is good for the NFL. I also think there is something right about a fat guy who likes cheesesteaks coming to KC for the BBQ. Fat guys belong in KC.

Thank you very much Gaylord

BlackHelicopters 01-04-2013 02:48 PM

Thanks. Good luck to you and the Broncos. Oh, wait............

Randallflagg 01-04-2013 02:56 PM

I rarely ever post here, but have been an avid reader since the early 2000s. Lifetime Chiefs fan - hell, Im an old man - but business played a cruel trick on me after 40 years in KC. In 2010 I had to relocate to San Diego. Hated that damn place. Went to Qualcomm once or twice (My GOD!! What a shithole that stadium is) and then......to top everything off....have now relocated to Denver........Oh the Humanity!!!

Try as I might, I just can NOT even bring myself to watch the damn donkeys.

I have torn up Wiziwig following my guys every week since moving out of Olathe....and nearly pissed myself when Piolio was canned today!!! I think Reid is a great hire and whomever he brings in as GM will most certainly be an improvement.

Congratulations Chiefs fans!! That damn dark cloud that has hovered over Arrowhead for the last 4 years is now gone.

Ugly Duck 01-04-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Oh sure... its easy for you DonksFans to dish out the congrats from your perch high up on the AFCW crown. We RayderFans & DoltFans aren't as happy about it as you are. The door on Sandy Eggo closed so fast on them it pinched their testicles as it slammed shut. They go into rebuild mode. Oaktown is still deep in a player-attitude, cap-strapped, draft-deficit hole as they scramble to find the coaches that might be able to dig out. With a coach & a QB, KC has a coupla steps on both of those miserable teams. KC getting it together may look cute when viewed though Manning glasses.... but its much uglier when viewed from the AFCW Left Coast.

Rasputin 01-04-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9281319)
Oh sure... its easy for you DonksFans to dish out the congrats from your perch high up on the AFCW crown. We RayderFans & DoltFans aren't as happy about it as you are. The door on Sandy Eggo closed so fast on them it pinched their testicles as it slammed shut. They go into rebuild mode. Oaktown is still deep in a player-attitude, cap-strapped, draft-deficit hole as they scramble to find the coaches that might be able to dig out. With a coach & a QB, KC has a coupla steps on both of those miserable teams. KC getting it together may look cute when viewed though Manning glasses.... but its much uglier when viewed from the AFCW Left Coast.

I really like this post :D

Kaylore 01-04-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

The Raiders need time.

The Boltz need a new city.

The Chiefs need a QB (and some time).

It's going to take years to undo what Al Davis left you guys with.

Iowanian 01-04-2013 03:36 PM

6 of the 12 teams in the playoffs have rookie or 2nd year starting QBs.
A handful of those teams had terrible records over the previous seasons.

The Chiefs were abysmal this year. Awful. Tuuurble....but the cupboard isn't bare.
Better coached team with a new quarterback and a couple of nice FA signings....and the Chiefs are contenders in a dismal, putrid AFCW next season.

Imon Yourside 01-04-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Thanks man I say we call a truce and you guys just lay down the next 10 or so times we meet so we can embarass you. Peace. LMAO

TEX 01-04-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Well you guys were pure horse $hit 3 years ago. Now you're back to back division champs. It can be done quickly with the right moves and circumstances.

Raiderhater 01-04-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9281331)

It does have a rather cheery tone to it, doesn't?

HemiEd 01-04-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

We RayderFans & DoltFans aren't as happy about it as you are. The door on Sandy Eggo closed so fast on them it pinched their testicles as it slammed shut. They go into rebuild mode. Oaktown is still deep in a player-attitude, cap-strapped, draft-deficit hole as they scramble to find the coaches that might be able to dig out. With a coach & a QB, KC has a coupla steps on both of those miserable teams. KC getting it together may look cute when viewed though Manning glasses.... but its much uglier when viewed from the AFCW Left Coast.

All is well

ct 01-04-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9281331)

as do I

ROFL

good stuff ducky

Mile High Mania 01-04-2013 04:00 PM

There's no doubt it can be done quickly... I posted somewhere that 8 wins should be expected, that's a big jump. But, yeah - you get the right mix of players in with that schedule you'll have and 10 wins is pretty realistic.

Lzen 01-04-2013 04:09 PM

What? Donkey fans congratulating us? Has the world ended? :spock:

Thanks, Brad. You have always been a classy rival fan. Here's to you. :toast:

And may Payton Manning throw eleventy billion interceptions in their playoff game. :D

Lzen 01-04-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

ROFL This is good stuff.

Nightfyre 01-04-2013 04:48 PM

At least the raiders get to coach the Senior Bowl, UD.

PRIEST 01-04-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9280995)
Still one of the classiest rival fans on the board.

This :rockon:

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-04-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9281076)

You do realize that having Peyton Manning could make ANY coach look good ,right.

chop 01-04-2013 05:28 PM

MHM has always been a good poster here. As much as I would like to root for the Broncos, I just can't. I rooted for Elway to finally get his Championship when the Chiefs were out of the playoff race and when the Broncos did win the bronco trolls came out of the woodwork posting crap here. I told myself that I would never root for them again.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-04-2013 05:34 PM

Oh Reighters!!!!!!

Mile High Mania 01-04-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9281898)
You do realize that having Peyton Manning could make ANY coach look good ,right.

Well sure, that's what elite QBs do... good coaches know how to work and adjust with the players they have. Fox did that well in 2011 and along with Elway and Del Rio, they built a great team this year fixated around Manning. Manning could make Romeo looks stellar.

cdcox 01-04-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Dynasty begins now.

crossbow 01-04-2013 06:10 PM

Thanks dude, we got Cassel and Quinn... we are set for years.

Rasputin 01-04-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9281977)
Oh Reighters!!!!!!

How's them first round picks they didn't have the last couple years working out for them?

Ugly Duck 01-05-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9281638)
ROFL This is good stuff.

I didn't mean it as a joke, you a-holes! It seriously does suck! Bite me!

bevischief 01-05-2013 02:11 AM

Thanks. Congrats on the next game. Next year not so much...

Phobia 01-05-2013 02:43 AM

You're first class Brad - and UD. I think of you idiots as brothers despite our split loyalties. To both of you, my home is your home next time you make your way for our respective teams matchup at Arrowhead. But you better not stink or look like mett-heads or my wife will overrule me and kick your asses out as soon as you get in the door.

kcchiefsus 01-05-2013 04:01 AM

Now all we need is somebody to break Manning in half in a game and the Chiefs shall reign supreme!

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9282116)
How's them first round picks they didn't have the last couple years working out for them?

He still thinks it was a good deal man. Won't even eat crow.

notorious 01-05-2013 08:25 AM

Hopefully this is a step towards building the afc west back to it's former strength.