ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop UHaul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273365)

lcarus 05-25-2013 05:00 PM

UHaul

**** UHaul. Had to go to KC this morning to help my mom move to Tulsa. We loaded it and headed out. Im drivin my car and my brother was driving the uhaul and the rear inside tire blew out. My brother said it was driving squirrely before then and felt there was something else wrong.

We got it to a gas station in Rich Hill and have been here 3 hours or more. Uhaul sent a guy out to change the tire but told him it was a trailer...an its a 20 foot box truck. So he left and we can't get them to do shit. We told them it wasnt safe to drive even if they fix the tire. So now they said a guy from Harrisonville is bringin a tire down. **** UHaul.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-25-2013 05:06 PM

Try jacking off pigs and you will gain perspective with your life.

lcarus 05-25-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9709322)

Id rather be doing that right now

Fairplay 05-25-2013 05:15 PM

Your life always sucks, does anything go right in it.

BlackHelicopters 05-25-2013 05:15 PM

Start drinking

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-25-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9709325)
Id rather be doing that right now

Good ! When can you come in for an interview ?

BlackHelicopters 05-25-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9709337)
Good ! When can you come in for an interview ?

I need a job

notorious 05-25-2013 05:23 PM

I can't imagine what a headache it would be to own a UHaul station.

Nobody takes care of anything, shit breaks down, etc.

crossbow 05-25-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Compared to rotting in a gas station while waiting for a slackjaw tire mechanic to show up after 5 hours gives masterbating hogs an element of drama...

For the hogs at least. (crickets)

lcarus 05-25-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9709332)
Your life always sucks, does anything go right in it.

Nah life has been pretty good lately. I have had a couple unfortunate things happen recntly though

lcarus 05-25-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9709353)
I can't imagine what a headache it would be to own a UHaul station.

Nobody takes care of anything, shit breaks down, etc.

Ive heard a lot of horror stories regarding their trucks and customer service. The lady was clueless what to do and hung up on my mom. And my mom was being patient and pretty friendly. Also I dont really ever want to come back to Rich Hill lol

Fairplay 05-25-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9709361)
Nah life has been pretty good lately. I have had a couple unfortunate things happen recntly though

I'm messing with you.

notorious 05-25-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9709364)
Ive heard a lot of horror stories regarding their trucks and customer service. The lady was clueless what to do and hung up on my mom. And my mom was being patient and pretty friendly. Also I dont really ever want to come back to Rich Hill lol

None of them know what the **** to do. They are charging (relatively) pennies for a piece of equipment that cost a shitload to maintain driven my people that don't give a shit.

I am surprised they didn't just bring you another truck or trailer from a local outlet. It is Memorial Day weekend, though.

Fairplay 05-25-2013 05:33 PM

Uhauls are real dogs on the highway. You can have the gas stomped all the way and if you can get 60 mph out of it you are doing good.

crossbow 05-25-2013 05:33 PM

When I moved from KC to Southern Missouri, I rented a tow bar for my Honda. When I got to the Ryder station they had sent the last one out with the guy before me. They did the professional thing and avoided eye contact with me. Yep, stupid bastards.

Bump 05-25-2013 05:38 PM

ya I had to stand there for over 3 hours while I waited for them to put a ****ing car trailer on the back of a uhaul when I was moving many years ago. It almost made me late to get to my new apartment before the office closed.

lcarus 05-25-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9709370)
None of them know what the **** to do. They are charging (relatively) pennies for a piece of equipment that cost a shitload to maintain driven my people that don't give a shit.

I am surprised they didn't just bring you another truck or trailer from a local outlet. It is Memorial Day weekend, though.

It cost my mom 325 and it didnt make it an hour outside KC. Plus they were content with leaving us here with all of my moms belongings parked here. We had to go through about 6 people and 4 hours before anyone with a clue got a tire guy out to us. So anyway, I'm not feelin much sympathy for UHaul at the moment.

And yes I know working customer service blows pretty much anywhere and feel some sympathy for the employees who are underpaid and clearly undertrained. But UHaul as a company can eat a bag of dicks lol

notorious 05-25-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9709378)
It cost my mom 325 and it didnt make it an hour outside KC. Plus they were content with leaving us here with all of my moms belongings parked here. We had to go through about 6 people and 4 hours before anyone with a clue got a tire guy out to us. So anyway, I'm not feelin much sympathy for UHaul at the moment.

And yes I know working customer service blows pretty much anywhere and feel some sympathy for the employees who are underpaid and clearly undertrained. But UHaul as a company can eat a bag of dicks lol

**** them, of course.

They should do the right thing, but they won't because they don't have any competition.

R8RFAN 05-25-2013 06:11 PM

Let the professionals drive the trucks kid

Pasta Little Brioni 05-25-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9709400)

:LOL:

ThatRaceCardGuy 05-25-2013 06:19 PM

**** this. ...I'm going to the gotdamn Zoo.

Bob Dole 05-25-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9709318)
**** UHaul. Had to go to KC this morning to help my mom move to Tulsa. We loaded it and headed out. Im drivin my car and my brother was driving the uhaul and the rear inside tire blew out. My brother said it was driving squirrely before then and felt there was something else wrong.

We got it to a gas station in Rich Hill and have been here 3 hours or more. Uhaul sent a guy out to change the tire but told him it was a trailer...an its a 20 foot box truck. So he left and we can't get them to do shit. We told them it wasnt safe to drive even if they fix the tire. So now they said a guy from Harrisonville is bringin a tire down. **** UHaul.

Did you at least go and check out Big Mouth?

lcarus 05-25-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9709400)

My brother drives trucks like these for a living

OrtonsPiercedTaint 05-25-2013 07:27 PM

It's MD weekend and coffee doesn't take the edge off the 20/20 too quickly.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-25-2013 08:55 PM

So uh, you ever get the tire?

bobbymitch 05-25-2013 09:03 PM

Obviously, you learned that one never, ever, rents from U-Haul!

I would write a series of letters to the Missouri Attorney General, Department of Transportation, and whomever else, with a copy to U-Haul's CEO outlining U-Hauls willful disregard to human life in renting a defective truck and their inability to fix their oversight.

PS - you're lucky that your truck had brakes.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-25-2013 09:03 PM

UHaul= UFix

threebag 05-25-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 9709414)
**** this. ...I'm going to the gotdamn Zoo.

****ING REPORTED

threebag 05-25-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Go Facial

lcarus 05-25-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9709667)
So uh, you ever get the tire?

Yeah after 4 rough hours at that crappy gas station, a guy finally arrived and changed the tire. My mom had to go through a bunch of people to get someone who knew what to do. We just got back to Tulsa an hour ago. I told her I'm not unpacking her shit tonight. She's staying at my brothers house. What a day! I never thought I'd be so glad to be back in awful Tulsa lol

DTLB58 05-25-2013 10:34 PM

I rented a 5x8 UHaul trailer in 2012 day after Christmas Day to move my son from Waterloo, Iowa to Jupiter, Florida.
To make a long story short after we unloaded in Jupiter that night I drove straight the UHaul address on my paperwork given to me from the Waterloo office. When I got there, I was told they wouldn't accept the empty trailer cause they only took trucks and I was in fact their first ever customer.

I proceeded to tell them very nicely, tough shit. I had a signed document stating I had to drop the trailer at that address. I had driven 1550 miles, it was 7:30 at night and I wasn't driving across town to drop the trailer (as they were suggesting). They finally said it was okay. Like I wasn't gonna leave it there anyways. Jerks.

When we go to help him move elsewhere in September (He is working an internship with the Miami Marlins A team) it will be with a different company. Better start looking now.

tooge 05-25-2013 10:40 PM

I rented a uhaul once to haul gear to Canada for a fishin trip. The trailer axle froze up in the middle of nowhere in Canada. Before cell phones. Took a day off our trip.

FlaChief58 05-25-2013 10:52 PM

Comfort ride my ass :cuss:

Dayze 05-26-2013 11:55 PM

Ill never use uhaul again. Last big move used Penske. They at least maintain their shit

Thig Lyfe 05-26-2013 11:58 PM

Most uhaul trucks have been ****ed inside of

R8RFAN 05-27-2013 05:52 AM

99% of the time, the last time someone who is driving a rental truck drove a truck was never...

Hate idiots in rentals

lcarus 05-27-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9712009)
99% of the time, the last time someone who is driving a rental truck drove a truck was never...

Hate idiots in rentals

This was a 1% occasion then. Had nothing to do with the driver and everything to do with this truck not being maintained. Shitty old tires and god knows what else. Just glad he made it to Tulsa safely before something else went wrong with it.

R8RFAN 05-27-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9712984)
This was a 1% occasion then. Had nothing to do with the driver and everything to do with this truck not being maintained. Shitty old tires and god knows what else. Just glad he made it to Tulsa safely before something else went wrong with it.

Not talking about your situation just a general observance of most people who drive rental trucks that I see out on the road when I am driving my Large Car

Chief_For_Life58 05-27-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9709793)
I rented a uhaul once to haul gear to Canada for a fishin trip. The trailer axle froze up in the middle of nowhere in Canada. Before cell phones. Took a day off our trip.

tell me more about what life was like without cell phones?

lcarus 05-27-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9712995)
Not talking about your situation just a general observance of most people who drive rental trucks that I see out on the road when I am driving my Large Car

Well maybe that's part of the problem too. Hard to maintain all those trucks after so many morons drive them cross country.

Son of Logical 05-27-2013 09:37 PM

I worked for Penske for several years, and they usually do a damn good job of maintaining their vehicles. For any long distance moves Penske is the way to go. They do preventative maintenance every 3 months or a certain amount of miles (don't remember anymore.) They also sell their trucks before they get too old. Plus if your truck breaks down they usually discount the trip.

lewdog 05-27-2013 10:35 PM

I drove Budget to move all our shit 1,200 miles last summer. Red lighted that bitch twice up mountain passes of 7,000 ft. Otherwise, it was thank god, uneventful.