ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 25 Release tonight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275622)

Mav 08-26-2013 11:41 AM

Madden 25 Release tonight

Who is getting it?

I am picking mine up tomorrow morning from Best Buy, but my Xbox 360 GT is Maverick91579 if anyone wants to pound me.

I didn't play last year, and have been getting crushed by the computer on all madden.

Ill use the Browns.

lcarus 08-26-2013 12:57 PM

I actually downloaded it Saturday. I just haven't burned it yet. I'll add you on 360 once I get it up and running.

All Madden difficulty always takes a bit to get used to. I play a shit ton of Madden every year and always get to the point where I'm raping the computer on AM difficulty. Yet every year it takes some time to get acquainted with the new game.

Mav 08-26-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9916820)
I actually downloaded it Saturday. I just haven't burned it yet. I'll add you on 360 once I get it up and running.

All Madden difficulty always takes a bit to get used to. I play a shit ton of Madden every year and always get to the point where I'm raping the computer on AM difficulty. Yet every year it takes some time to get acquainted with the new game.

Sweet. Just be gentle....

Dayze 08-26-2013 02:05 PM

I have a $50 gift card to Gamestop; wonder if I should use it for this. I haven't bought it in yearssss.

Or, keep playing NCAA and save the $50 for GTA IV, or Watchdogs.
Hmmm.

MTG#10 08-26-2013 02:23 PM

Mine will be here tomorrow, but Im taking the free Sunday Ticket code and selling the game to Bosschief.

Mother****erJones 08-26-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9917001)
I have a $50 gift card to Gamestop; wonder if I should use it for this. I haven't bought it in yearssss.

Hmmm.

I would do it for GTA. I'm getting madden tonight

Ceej 08-26-2013 03:05 PM

Every year I always get so tempted, but then I realize it's the same regurgitated poop.

Consistent1 08-26-2013 03:39 PM

It has honestly been hard to find here.

Consistent1 08-26-2013 03:44 PM

I just play NCAA a ton. Two difterent Wally Worlds have not had it, and I have to get rides to go places.

Consistent1 08-26-2013 03:48 PM

Are they just pushing that package so hard that is what does it?

The Franchise 08-26-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9917001)

Hmmm.

I'm finding it hard to keep playing NCAA. That game is so ****ing broken it's not funny.

Consistent1 08-26-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9917329)
I'm finding it hard to keep playing NCAA. That game is so ****ing broken it's not funny.

It is fun. I like Oregon a lot. They destroy.

The Franchise 08-26-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9917339)
It is fun. I like Oregon a lot. They destroy.

Are you playing on Heisman? The defense is broken. My guys refuse to cover and the computer covers everyone.

Gravedigger 08-26-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9916591)
but my Xbox 360 GT is Maverick91579 if anyone wants to pound me.

Nobody is gonna step up to the plate on that one....?

Consistent1 08-26-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9917344)
Are you playing on Heisman? The defense is broken. My guys refuse to cover and the computer covers everyone.

Yeah, but I get a lot of user picks and swats. I admit to playing mismatches a bunch though to run stats. Georgia is an awesome team. My top teams would be Oregon, Georgia, Stanford and LSU.

Consistent1 08-26-2013 04:50 PM

i don't even care for Alabama much.

Deberg_1990 08-26-2013 04:56 PM

Just ordered the Sunday Ticket deal for this off Amazon. Got $50 off just for applying for their credit card. Sweeeeeeet!

unlurking 08-26-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9917052)
Mine will be here tomorrow, but Im taking the free Sunday Ticket code and selling the game to Bosschief.

Same here, although mine's going on eBay instead of to Bosschief!

ThaVirus 08-26-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9917439)
Nobody is gonna step up to the plate on that one....?

I thought about it, but he made it too easy.

EDIT: Meaning the joke. He made making a joke about it too easy. That's what you meant right? I mean, if you're wanting to go balls deep in the dude's b-hole that's fine with me. NTTAWTT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9916591)
my Xbox 360 GT is Maverick91579 if anyone wants to pound me..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9916823)
Just be gentle....

Gravedigger 08-26-2013 06:24 PM

I'm not a switch hitter, I prefer a female catcher when I'm making the pitch.

On a Madden note I"m conflicted on this one. I didn't play last years iteration, Gamespot gave it 6/10 but Gametrailers gave it around 8/10. I'd like to play some football this season so I think I'll get it. I always prided myself on Defense though when I played these games and they say the Defense is a joke which is unfortunate to hear.

Mav 08-26-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9917628)
I'm not a switch hitter, I prefer a female catcher when I'm making the pitch.

On a Madden note I"m conflicted on this one. I didn't play last years iteration, Gamespot gave it 6/10 but Gametrailers gave it around 8/10. I'd like to play some football this season so I think I'll get it. I always prided myself on Defense though when I played these games and they say the Defense is a joke which is unfortunate to hear.

This is almost where I am at exactly. I am going to have to do what I hate doing. I am going to mess with the sliders to fix the defense, tone down the cpu qb accuracy, and tone down my user run blocking, and increase the defense reaction, and block shedding. I want to get it as sim as possible.

Buck 08-26-2013 08:20 PM

I think I'll get it for PS3 maybe Wednesday night.

KCrockaholic 08-26-2013 11:20 PM

Getting mine at 8AM... I always enjoy the game even if it's just minimal adjustments being put into it this year. Really looking forward to another company challenging EA someday though. Once that happens, we might have an incredible football game.

Rasputin 08-26-2013 11:29 PM

Think I'm going to save it up for GTA5. I want to hear some reviews from playas here first. Hope its good for PS3 it's got to be better now right?

Mav 08-26-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9918163)
Getting mine at 8AM... I always enjoy the game even if it's just minimal adjustments being put into it this year. Really looking forward to another company challenging EA someday though. Once that happens, we might have an incredible football game.

Yeah. I took last year off. So, going to use the Browns, or and the Chiefs, and build a team from the ground up.

Dayze 08-26-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9917329)

I'm finding tis out the hard way

007 08-26-2013 11:35 PM

So it is already time for the 24th overpriced update to this franchise? :)

WhiteWhale 08-27-2013 06:49 AM

Hey, let me know if they do anything but update the roster.

I can't believe how much worse Madden games are on ps3/360 than they were on ps2 and xbox.

Consistent1 08-27-2013 06:55 AM

Waiting for mine to get here.

Hammock Parties 08-27-2013 07:09 AM

Someone please tell me if franchise mode doesn't suck.

I might start a franchise and trade Alex Smith for Geno.

AussieChiefsFan 08-27-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9918320)

LMAO

Priest31kc 08-27-2013 08:08 AM

Didnt buy it last year for like the first time in a decade...

Probably gunna pick it up Friday when I get paid...

KCrockaholic 08-27-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9918320)
Someone please tell me if franchise mode doesn't suck.

Doing franchise on owner mode right now. Seems alright. But really it's nothing we haven't seen before.

The interceptions in this game are actually very smooth and the DBs will try to toe tap and such to make a catch and stay in bounds. Running is fun but looks a little awkward.

This is the hardest all-madden I've ever seen. The cpu QB will complete above 70% more often than not, regardless of who the QB is.

Hammock Parties 08-27-2013 09:18 AM

Well, tell me how offseason mode is, free agency, draft, etc.

I'm thinking of buying my first console just for this if it's decent.

The Franchise 08-27-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9918476)

Save your money. It's EA.....it'll be ****ing broken.

Thig Lyfe 08-27-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9918305)

I can't believe how much worse Madden games are on ps3/360 than they were on ps2 and xbox.

The PS2 versions were so good. I don't know why they never seemed to figure out how to make these games for next gen.

Rasputin 08-27-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9918305)

Uhg. Did not want to hear this. It was the main reason I got the PS3 was anticipation for better games of Madden. ****. Oh well my PS2 was turning into a piece of shit.

I wish they would come out with "Cold Winter" for PS3 that game kicked ass on PS2.

KCrockaholic 08-27-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Importing draft classes from ncaa 14 is back. So that's a plus if you get both games. I'm skipping on ncaa this year.

This owner mode is deeper than the previous one from 5 years ago or whatever. The cool thing is, you can actually do "superstar mode" "coach mode" and owner mode all in the same season but with different teams.

So that could be interesting. IDK about the off season stuff yet. If it's anything like last year, the free agent stuff is pretty decent and the in-season scouting is alright.

I remember when they made an all-star game with the rookie class and you could play that game to get a feel for the rookies before you drafted somebody, that was unique IMO. But that was only for 1 Madden I believe.

Presentation is the same old stuff. Madden's never been about presentation.

Starting Chiefs vs Jags right now.

Oh, I was pleasantly surprised to see they already have a roster update and Jenkins is a Chief.

Hammock Parties 08-27-2013 09:30 AM

Does superstar mode have any MyPlayer like features? I love the 2K My Player mode in NBA 2K series. Earning XP in sports games is awesome.

KCrockaholic 08-27-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9918507)
Does superstar mode have any MyPlayer like features? I love the 2K My Player mode in NBA 2K series. Earning XP in sports games is awesome.

Yeah XP points in superstar mode and coach mode. But I heard a rumor that some guys can literally max out within 2 years lol.

Dayze 08-27-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9918507)

I play a lot of Road To Glory mode in NCAA etc, and overall it's pretty weak. Fun, but weak. You basically only get points on defense for swats, and tackles. So if you fill a lane like you should etc, you get nothing. So basically if you want points, you have to roam around and ignore the defense called. No points for doing your job in the defense etc.

Same for offense.

KCrockaholic 08-27-2013 09:44 AM

Stopping the running game on all madden is a son of a bitch.

KCrockaholic 08-27-2013 09:46 AM

Ugh. Ball bounces off Bowe's hands. Gratz dives at ground, obviously traps the ball between the ground and his hand. I go to call a challenge, and the challenge prompt never shows up and it's not in the pause screen. Fack.

The Franchise 08-27-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9918558)
Ugh. Ball bounces off Bowe's hands. Gratz dives at ground, obviously traps the ball between the ground and his hand. I go to call a challenge, and the challenge prompt never shows up and it's not in the pause screen. Fack.

Welcome to EA.

KCrockaholic 08-27-2013 09:52 AM

I think anyone who gets the game will immediately want to make slider adjustments to help pass rush for cpu and user. And also against the cpu runningbacks and QB's accuracy. Defense just doesn't seem to react fast enough a lot of time for user and cpu.

Dayze 08-27-2013 09:57 AM

on NCAA (probably the same for Madden), it's near impossible to get out of a block.
blitzing from the outside edge, expect the guard from the opposite side of the formation to slide out immediately at the snap to suction into you.

The Franchise 08-27-2013 10:00 AM

This is how reeruned NCAA is. I play on Heisman in an online dynasty. If I play defense...my guys refuse to cover. If they're in man....the computer will have 4-5 steps on every one of my guys. If I'm in zone....my guys don't react for shit. And don't get me started on the computer running the read option to perfection. But if I super-sim when I'm on defense? The computer has no problem stopping itself.

Dayze 08-27-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9918587)
This is how reeruned NCAA is. I play on Heisman in an online dynasty. If I play defense...my guys refuse to cover. If they're in man....the computer will have 4-5 steps on every one of my guys. If I'm in zone....my guys don't react for shit. And don't get me started on the computer running the read option to perfection. But if I super-sim when I'm on defense? The computer has no problem stopping itself.

that. in Road To Glory, I can hold an offense to like 100yds at times, and I'll sim until the next time I'm on the field, and my offense routinely goes 3 and out.

but if I watch the individual offensive plays, they can drive down the field.

I was 9-0, and played literally some team I've never heard of who was 0-9 and I won 10-7. lol.

QuikSsurfer 08-27-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Buying a console for Madden??

Jesus ****ing christ... I can't believe what I'm reading...

KCrockaholic 08-27-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9918630)

I was wondering why he'd want to do it NOW? Just get a ps4 or Xbox one and see what the next gen Maddens look like.

lcarus 08-27-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9916823)
Sweet. Just be gentle....

I'm a decent online player, but I play legit at least. I punt on 4th downs, don't do gimmick money plays, etc.

Rasputin 08-27-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9918562)
Welcome to EA.

If IT'S in the game IT's in the game

royr17 08-27-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9918630)

I can cause he used to play it on the pc but they stopped making madden on the pc.

Consistent1 08-27-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9918650)
I'm a decent online player, but I play legit at least. I punt on 4th downs, don't do gimmick money plays, etc.

I hate playing any game online because it's just all trying to cheat. This new Madden isn't a bad game though.

Sorter 08-27-2013 02:03 PM

If the NCAA demo was close to what Madden is, I have a feeling people are going to rape with the zone-read.

Consistent1 08-27-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9919183)
If the NCAA demo was close to what Madden is, I have a feeling people are going to rape with the zone-read.

It is a lot easier on NCAA. I started playing All Madden earlier, and it isn't easy. Seahawks are a ton of fun to play. But, you can kick ass on NCAA playing like that.

KC native 08-27-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Gimmick money plays and EA's failure to fix them is one of the main reasons I quit playing madden.

lcarus 08-27-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9919297)
Gimmick money plays and EA's failure to fix them is one of the main reasons I quit playing madden.

They fixed several of them last season. I'm sure there were plenty that weren't fixed though too. It's just an easy system to exploit. Especially on defense. Find a player on the d-line, make him do a QB spy, which makes him step back and in turn his assigned blocker just stands there like a dipshit which makes the d-linemen next to him have a wide open gap. Shit like that. It's stupid. I've never understood why people wouldn't just WANT to play the game like real football. What fun is it if you find a trick to let a DE or DT get to the opposing QB in .5 seconds?

What really irked me was that some people I played against quit too early. I'd get up 14-0 in the first quarter and they'd just disconnect. Then if I found a good opponent that played legit and we had a good game going, the game itself would screw up and we'd get a "desync error" or whatever.

KC native 08-27-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9919327)
They fixed several of them last season. I'm sure there were plenty that weren't fixed though too. It's just an easy system to exploit. Especially on defense. Find a player on the d-line, make him do a QB spy, which makes him step back and in turn his assigned blocker just stands there like a dipshit which makes the d-linemen next to him have a wide open gap. Shit like that. It's stupid. I've never understood why people wouldn't just WANT to play the game like real football. What fun is it if you find a trick to let a DE or DT get to the opposing QB in .5 seconds?

What really irked me was that some people I played against quit too early. I'd get up 14-0 in the first quarter and they'd just disconnect. Then if I found a good opponent that played legit and we had a good game going, the game itself would screw up and we'd get a "desync error" or whatever.

It's like you're in my head. I couldn't stand the cheap bullshit that people would pull and wouldn't get fixed and then when I would find a decent game the shit would lag out. So ****ing aggravating.

I don't think I'll ever buy a Madden game again because of that shit.

Sure-Oz 08-27-2013 04:57 PM

Not interested, maybe ill get it for ps4 if it gets good reviews

TambaBerry 08-27-2013 05:13 PM

This game still has the same problems it had 4 years ago. Running with the qb and he barely gets hit = fumble, I just had a last second hail mary where all 5 of the other teams receivers got behind my secondary. Other annoying problems, and the interface for the franchise mode sucks to. Overall not that happy with the game.

KCFalcon59 08-27-2013 05:18 PM

I'll wait for Xmas and pick it up for 25 on sale.

lcarus 08-27-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9919674)
This game still has the same problems it had 4 years ago. Running with the qb and he barely gets hit = fumble, I just had a last second hail mary where all 5 of the other teams receivers got behind my secondary. Other annoying problems, and the interface for the franchise mode sucks to. Overall not that happy with the game.

I get the QB fumbling issue, but the hail mary thing? I've never had a team beat my prevent defense on a last second hail mary. Just pick prevent and get your secondary back and you'll have 6 defenders fighting for an interception.

Mav 08-27-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Ill be on tonight. I just got to play a game with the browns. I love it. Needs just a little more defense for me, but still.

I was impressed with it.

Consistent1 08-27-2013 05:43 PM

Those All 25 and the "Greats" teams are both a blast. You can even run the score up in All Madden and 5 minute quarters.

Mother****erJones 08-27-2013 06:09 PM

If anyone shares a KC real playbook for offense and defense. People create play books for their teams

Mother****erJones 08-27-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9919674)

I'm hoping the ps4 is good for madden.

Consistent1 08-27-2013 06:28 PM

I have played a ton today, and NCAA even more. I just fail to see the problems you guys whine about. They are both fun games.

TambaBerry 08-27-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9919837)
I have played a ton today, and NCAA even more. I just fail to see the problems you guys whine about. They are both fun games.

Get an open run down the field with your qb, 80% of the time you will fumble.

Pepe Silvia 08-27-2013 06:46 PM

God I hate Madden.

Dunerdr 08-27-2013 06:52 PM

Just got mine. Was pissed at first thinking the chiefs really suck then i realized i was marching down the field, that didnt happen this easy last year.

Dayze 08-27-2013 06:56 PM

I think this is the final year of their license with NFLPA.?

Consistent1 08-27-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9919868)
Get an open run down the field with your qb, 80% of the time you will fumble.

Haven't seen it happen once. Even when I played Newton, he didn't fumble. I guess I am just lucky. I am really not playing that well anyway.

hometeam 08-27-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9919888)
I think this is the final year of their license with NFLPA.?

It is, and I think I read somewhere they are not going to be exclusive with EA anymore, and allow multiple companies to make games.

We will likely see Madden and 2kNFL games for sure, and I would love for someone else to take a shot.

lcarus 08-27-2013 08:00 PM

Anyone who has played...have they fixed the LB super leap INTs? What about CBs dropping 12 picks in a row that hit them right in the hands? I get that they make them drop a lot of those just so there won't be 15 INTs a game, but I propose them instead making the CPU QB NOT THROW 15 BALLS RIGHT TO MY DEFENDERS!

TambaBerry 08-27-2013 08:16 PM

I just had the game freeze in the middle of my game. Other glitches to.

AussieChiefsFan 08-27-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9918491)
The PS2 versions were so good. I don't know why they never seemed to figure out how to make these games for next gen.

This. Franchise mode was so enjoyable back in the day, but now it just seems to be stripped down to the bare bones. It's ridiculous.

AussieChiefsFan 08-27-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9919992)
It is, and I think I read somewhere they are not going to be exclusive with EA anymore, and allow multiple companies to make games.

We will likely see Madden and 2kNFL games for sure, and I would love for someone else to take a shot.

I really hope so.

lcarus 08-27-2013 08:54 PM

I know their contract with EA is up next year. That doesn't necessarily mean anything. I've always been a Madden guy, but A) competitio and options are good and B) seeing what 2K did with NBA, which has to be the hardest sport to emulate in a video game imo, makes me want to see what they can do with football now days. Because with all the raving (even now) about NFL 2K5, I never liked it more than Madden back then.

Cmd'r&Chief 08-27-2013 09:18 PM

The cards in MUT are crazy over priced right now. I sure as hell hope they get more reasonable